[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT:JEEZ,CAN THE TIMBERWOLVES BE THIS FRIGGIN DUMB?
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/12/2012  3:48 PM
THIS Is a long article, but it goes inside the mess happening with the wolves... you almost wouldn't figure this to be happening because they are playing somewhat decent, but the treatment of kevin love is very odd.. this is a good kidd, a very talented and hard working kid, and the organization seems to be trying to take a dump on him... pretty sad..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-love-remains-unsure-about-timberwolves--future-200009299.html

check out this excerpt

"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.

WHT? really? and I thought dolan was a complete idiot.... jeez..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/12/2012  3:54 PM
It was a poor comment by the owner, but Love didn't help himself any by saying 'I didn't have much support.' While its a true statement, coming from him, it sounds like he's throwing his teammates under the bus.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/12/2012  3:58 PM
tkf wrote:THIS Is a long article, but it goes inside the mess happening with the wolves... you almost wouldn't figure this to be happening because they are playing somewhat decent, but the treatment of kevin love is very odd.. this is a good kidd, a very talented and hard working kid, and the organization seems to be trying to take a dump on him... pretty sad..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-love-remains-unsure-about-timberwolves--future-200009299.html

check out this excerpt

"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.

No wonder KG bounced.
No wonder Rubio had reservations about going there.
No surprise at them picking 2 point guards in the 1st round.
Not a shocker that Kevin Love is voicing his displeasure at his contract and publicly stated that he may want out.

Glen Taylor/Daivd Kahn fast becoming the biggest running jokes in the NBA management wise.

Hey maybe we can pair him with Melo in 2015 when he opts out.

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
12/12/2012  4:07 PM
Kevin Love is living in Kevin Garnetts shadow.

Kevin is very good but he has been injured ALOT. Plus his defense is suspect.

Was Zach Randolph considered a star when the Blazers were losing?

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/12/2012  4:11 PM
I'm suspicious as to exactly how good Kevin Love is- he posts monster stats but they never seem to have any baring on the game. Until he proves otherwise, he's David Lee with a 3pt shot. But I agree with him- his GM is a joke, who needs to go. I'd like to see what Love can do when playing with good players.
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
12/12/2012  4:13 PM
Once Kevin Love becomes a great defender then we can talk. Poor comments by both of them. I really like Kevin Love but he's not Elite.
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
12/12/2012  4:24 PM
Clippers were a joke a few seasons ago.

All it takes is a great draft pick to turn a team around.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/12/2012  4:31 PM
tkf wrote:THIS Is a long article, but it goes inside the mess happening with the wolves... you almost wouldn't figure this to be happening because they are playing somewhat decent, but the treatment of kevin love is very odd.. this is a good kidd, a very talented and hard working kid, and the organization seems to be trying to take a dump on him... pretty sad..

check out this excerpt

Take out Love and replace with Melo. Tak out Glen Taylor and replace with TKF.

Sound familiar?

Taylor is right. I'd have to say if your gonna pay a guy max money and they don't get you to the playoffs then maybe you go in a differnt direction.

Seems they can not make the playoffs with or without him.

Seems like Taylor is challanging him.

On Loves defense he is correct in saying he alone cannot do it. Its a public relations mistake for both parties.

They'll figure it out. If Love wants an extension and wants to play in the sands of So. Cal. he'll let Minny know.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
12/12/2012  5:14 PM
Nalod wrote:

check out this excerpt

Sound familiar?

Taylor is right. I'd have to say if your gonna pay a guy max money and they don't get you to the playoffs then maybe you go in a differnt direction.

On Loves defense he is correct in saying he alone cannot do it. Its a public relations mistake for both parties.

They'll figure it out. If Love wants an extension and wants to play in the sands of So. Cal. he'll let Minny know.

Nalod is right...I'm a big Love fan, he puts up big numbers, but what does that ever lead too? It goes back to that age old question, what does it take to be considered a STAR in this league?

At the end its all about money...Love wants more of it and Taylor wants to give him less.

This almost reminds me of Shareef Abdul-Raheem with the Grizzlies back in the day...dude avg 20-10 every season but that team sucked.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

12/12/2012  7:20 PM
As an owner you dont say that about ANY of your players let alone your only good player. I agree about the players around Love,they suck.
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

12/12/2012  10:29 PM
Big fan of Love, but owner is right. Big numbers on ****ty teams, seen it before. They were playing strong ball before Rubio injury, let's see if they make playoffs when Ricky comes back.
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/13/2012  10:06 AM
Enter the Somberistic mysticism.

Denver is a joke. Insert Melo. Voila! Denver goes to playoffs!
Knicks are league-wide joke. Insert Melo. Voila! Knicks in playoffs two years running. (And don't forget to breathe, pause and remember we TRADED THE WHOLE TEAM AWAY AND ALL THOSE DRAFT PICKS AND FLEXIBILITY FOR MELO)
Wolves are a joke. Insert Melo. Voila!
Big difference.

I like Love. Love those numbers. But as others have pointed out, double doubles without any D is ouble ouble. Which apparently signifies nothing, even in French.

Are we saying Walsh may be ordered by the NBA to step in and save the Wolves now?

tkf
12/17/2012  1:17 PM
Nalod wrote:

check out this excerpt

Sound familiar?

not the same nalod.. I don't employ kevin love, nor do I employ melo.. as an owner why even devalue your player with such comments.. reminds me of the idiotic comments made by the saints GM about Brees..

this is similar to the behavior of the clippers owner sterling.. even if there is some truth to it.. why go about it in this manner? how is the going to help the wolves?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
12/17/2012  1:18 PM
cooch2584 wrote:As an owner you dont say that about ANY of your players let alone your only good player. I agree about the players around Love,they suck.

exactly, what do you gain by lowering the value of your own player?

OT:JEEZ,CAN THE TIMBERWOLVES BE THIS FRIGGIN DUMB?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy