[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: The Return of Pringles: Knicks vs. Lakers Thursday 8PM
Author Thread
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
12/12/2012  9:27 PM
Pretty thorough breakdown on why the Lakers are sucking. Looks like they'll be terrible on D no matter whose coaching. I believe Mike Brown is known as a defense first guy.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/45058/heres-why-the-lakers-have-been-so-terrible

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
AUTOADVERT
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/12/2012  9:47 PM

The good ole days.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/12/2012  10:15 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Pretty thorough breakdown on why the Lakers are sucking. Looks like they'll be terrible on D no matter whose coaching. I believe Mike Brown is known as a defense first guy.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/45058/heres-why-the-lakers-have-been-so-terrible

This is the most accurate breakdown i've seen. It's exactly what i've been seeing in games. I think most have overrated the Lakers based on the names on the roster, but in truth D12 isn't fully himself, Kobe isn't the defender he used to be and neither is MWP. Then add in all the awful role players no Nash, Blake or Pau and a coach coming in on the fly and you have a mess right now. They may not be able to fix all their problems without some kind of deal. I do think they will eventually get better tho.

IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

12/13/2012  11:33 AM
cant take this game lightly. lakers have had great success against us in the garden.
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
12/13/2012  11:40 AM
Felton needs to get his game under control. He's starting to turn the ball over. I think he's going to be one of the keys to this game, as they don't have a PG to match him. Melo vs. Kobe should be fun to watch. Very excited, but they have to treat the Lakers as the team they are on paper, not as the mess they've become the last few weeks.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/13/2012  11:49 AM
If the LakeShow even approximates 50% of what we've been seeing, and we play ball movement (and D), this game is going to make Linsanity a foggy, distant memory.

Kobe always scares me though. Angry Kobe is even worse. I never want to become the new Raptors for him.

IrishKnickFan

12/13/2012  11:52 AM
jrodmc wrote:If the LakeShow even approximates 50% of what we've been seeing, and we play ball movement (and D), this game is going to make Linsanity a foggy, distant memory.

Kobe always scares me though. Angry Kobe is even worse. I never want to become the new Raptors for him.

Kobe is still a monster even at age 34 he plays like he is in his prime
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
12/13/2012  12:07 PM
nixluva wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Pretty thorough breakdown on why the Lakers are sucking. Looks like they'll be terrible on D no matter whose coaching. I believe Mike Brown is known as a defense first guy.

This is the most accurate breakdown i've seen. It's exactly what i've been seeing in games. I think most have overrated the Lakers based on the names on the roster, but in truth D12 isn't fully himself, Kobe isn't the defender he used to be and neither is MWP. Then add in all the awful role players no Nash, Blake or Pau and a coach coming in on the fly and you have a mess right now. They may not be able to fix all their problems without some kind of deal. I do think they will eventually get better tho.

Yeah. If they at least had a roster that would allow them to surround the Nash/Dwight Pick n roll with Kobe + Shooters then they could maybe get over their defensive issues.

But it seems their roster doesn't have a plus or even above league averaged defender at any position right now.

PG: Nash. meh.old
SG: Kobe. meh.old
SF: Artest. meh.old
PF: Pau Knees! not meant to cover stretch 4s. Jamison = turnstile
C: Dwight used to be better than Chandler, Ibaka, etc. now??

Dwight was supposed to paper over all their issues on D but dude doesn't look 100%.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
IrishKnickFan

12/13/2012  12:17 PM
Jamison does well against us he scares me a little
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/13/2012  12:36 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:Jamison does well against us he scares me a little

It's always some unexpected player that blows up or has a good game against us.

Chandler Parsons
Jerry Stackhouse
Marco Bellinelli
Corey Brewer

At this pace, I fully expect a 20 pt game from Jamison, a 10 ast game from Duhon, and a double double from Jordan Hill.

IrishKnickFan

12/13/2012  12:47 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:

Chandler Parsons
Jerry Stackhouse
Marco Bellinelli
Corey Brewer

At this pace, I fully expect a 20 pt game from Jamison, a 10 ast game from Duhon, and a double double from Jordan Hill.

dont forget about dunleavey or hansborough those guys have career highs against us
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/13/2012  12:50 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Chandler Parsons
Jerry Stackhouse
Marco Bellinelli
Corey Brewer

dont forget about dunleavey or hansborough those guys have career highs against us

Vince Carter has been sleepwalking this whole season, decides to earn his paycheck and hit 5 threes against us.

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
12/13/2012  1:01 PM
The Knicks have to Heihachi stomp the Lakers' necks early, and not let up for 48 minutes.

The Lakers have been turning the ball over heavily (and currently lead the NBA in turnovers, no?), and the Knicks need to turn up the D and force even more turnovers. I'd personally would like to see the Lakers break their team record for most turnovers in a game tonight.

Kobe will try to go off like he has often done at the Garden. Our players have to D him up while avoiding foul trouble.

Melo needs to drop 40-50+ on the Lakers, and remind Kobe what it's like to be an ace scorer who plays TEAM ball.

The Lakers have trouble defending against the 3 point shot? Wonderful! The Knicks should break the record for most 3's in a game or at least at MSG. JR isn't 100%, but I think he will play and positively contribute. Novak is due for a breakout game, too.

Chandler should have a big night, and after those comments from Kobe, saying that Dwight was more deserving of the 2012 DPOY, should thoroughly outplay Dwight on both ends of the floor and shut Dwight down. That is the statement that Chandler needs to make.

Tonight would be a good time for Felton to get his shooting right again. We will need his inside/outside game to be ON tonight.

Mike DamnPhoney should and will get BOOED tonight. I hope he spazzes out even harder after the Knicks lay the whoopin' on the Lakers, and has to be dragged out of the post-game press conference in a straitjacket.

By the time this game is over tonight, I look forward to seeing the entrails of the Lakers decorating the Garden floor. GO KNICKS!

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
IrishKnickFan

12/13/2012  1:08 PM
No pau tonight. So unless we play awful or kobe score 60 we should win
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/13/2012  1:16 PM
We should blow them off the floor with our offensive efficiency vs their horrendous Dantoni defense
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
12/13/2012  1:19 PM
gunsnewing wrote:We should blow them off the floor with our offensive efficiency vs their horrendous Dantoni defense

...and make it rain threes on 'em like dollar bills at the strip joint!

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

12/13/2012  1:22 PM
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:We should blow them off the floor with our offensive efficiency vs their horrendous Dantoni defense

...and make it rain threes on 'em like dollar bills at the strip joint!

I like to put the dollars in the ass crack, so that I can cop a feel of the cushions

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/13/2012  1:22 PM
I am actually a little worried tonight. The Black Mamba just scares me. Jamison also always plays well against the Knicks.

Need Felton to show up in this game.

IrishKnickFan

12/13/2012  1:23 PM
Im very worried about the Cavs game too. How many times have we rolled over for them post-lebron
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/13/2012  1:26 PM
Tough thing about winning is not getting ****y and complacent- that's why I like Woodys ongoing reminder that any team can beat you any night. I think laker fans are over reacting to their performance- we saw how hard it was to win last season when you have no PG, especially in D'antoni's system. Also doesn't help that Gasol is out.

Still, I don't like Dwight or D'Antoni, so I ain't shedding any tears. Lets go, let's go, let's go!

Game Thread: The Return of Pringles: Knicks vs. Lakers Thursday 8PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy