Game Thread: The Return of Pringles: Knicks vs. Lakers Thursday 8PM
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/12/2012  8:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2012  8:22 AM
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I think it does get overstated by the media that MDA somehow just ignores defense. That media guy was an idiot to talk about something he didn't know. If he was at the shoot around and could speak on fact then that's one thing, but to just spout that nonsense and he actually didn't have his facts straight was ridiculous. MDA has been at a disadvantage in terms of getting his team to understand and perfect the defense. No training camp and not enough practice time does have an impact. The Lakers had issues before MDA got there and they have a lot of role players that aren't busting it on D and even if they did, those players aren't that physically gifted to begin with. The combination of poor PG play and no defense is really killing that team. Duhon, Morris, Jamison and Ebanks are laterally challenged and that leaves D12 having to cover for them, which takes him away from the hoop. No one backs him up. It's a mess!!! Too much sloppy passing leads to turnovers and that leads to fastbreaks.

We just need for the Knicks to make sure that they don't let the Lakers fix their problems at the Garden. I actually hate games like this cuz sooner or later faltering teams with talent have a good game. Just don't want it to be on Thursday night. Knicks can't take any team for granted.

talking about working on defense and working on defense are two completely different things. I'm with Magic Johnson on this one. While I'm in inclined to agree with his lack of defense urgency is overstatate, everyone complains about the same things with everywhere he's ever been... the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. The Lakers are going to be a bad defensive team. How much of it being on Pringles is debatable. All I know is I'm willing to bet anyone that a team that features Kobe, Dwight, and the artist formerly Known as Ron Artest will finish in the bottom half of the league defensively and ultimately that shortcoming lies with the coach

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
IrishKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4171

12/12/2012  11:13 AM
im a little nervous about this game. whenever we play hype games like the houston game or the first net game we didnt play our best. We need to jump on them early and hit our shots because they dont defend the 3 well
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/12/2012  11:15 AM
Flu Tyson and Bandage Felton better not show up!
knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
12/12/2012  11:15 AM
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/12/2012  11:24 AM

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
12/12/2012  11:39 AM
i ALMOST feel bad for Pringles. But then I remember this is the same franchise that was handed Shaq, Pau, Dwight Howard and Nash on a frikkin platter. I don't know if you can call the Divac/Kobe trade that too but it ranks above the best years of Nene/for 3 preseason games of McDyess trade in terms of lopsidedness.
Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/12/2012  11:40 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I think it does get overstated by the media that MDA somehow just ignores defense. That media guy was an idiot to talk about something he didn't know. If he was at the shoot around and could speak on fact then that's one thing, but to just spout that nonsense and he actually didn't have his facts straight was ridiculous. MDA has been at a disadvantage in terms of getting his team to understand and perfect the defense. No training camp and not enough practice time does have an impact. The Lakers had issues before MDA got there and they have a lot of role players that aren't busting it on D and even if they did, those players aren't that physically gifted to begin with. The combination of poor PG play and no defense is really killing that team. Duhon, Morris, Jamison and Ebanks are laterally challenged and that leaves D12 having to cover for them, which takes him away from the hoop. No one backs him up. It's a mess!!! Too much sloppy passing leads to turnovers and that leads to fastbreaks.

We just need for the Knicks to make sure that they don't let the Lakers fix their problems at the Garden. I actually hate games like this cuz sooner or later faltering teams with talent have a good game. Just don't want it to be on Thursday night. Knicks can't take any team for granted.

talking about working on defense and working on defense are two completely different things. I'm with Magic Johnson on this one. While I'm in inclined to agree with his lack of defense urgency is overstatate, everyone complains about the same things with everywhere he's ever been... the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. The Lakers are going to be a bad defensive team. How much of it being on Pringles is debatable. All I know is I'm willing to bet anyone that a team that features Kobe, Dwight, and the artist formerly Known as Ron Artest will finish in the bottom half of the league defensively and ultimately that shortcoming lies with the coach

Its a little hard to ignore the fact that he had to be forced to get a defensive coordinator twice
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

12/12/2012  11:41 AM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:i ALMOST feel bad for Pringles. But then I remember this is the same franchise that was handed Shaq, Pau, Dwight Howard and Nash on a frikkin platter. I don't know if you can call the Divac/Kobe trade that too but it ranks above the best years of Nene/for 3 preseason games of McDyess trade in terms of lopsidedness.
plus we gave up camby in that trade
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/12/2012  2:32 PM
TeamBall wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Its a little hard to ignore the fact that he had to be forced to get a defensive coordinator twice

It's still been overblown. In 2006-07 his Suns were 13th in the league in defense. This idea that his teams didn't defend is simply not true. Sure if you count the Knicks teams we had which were full of absolutely awful defensive players and no defensive Center, but even when he had NO CENTER in PHX his teams were never actually bad defensively. His teams were always around the middle of the league in defensive efficiency. Just imagine that this was with Amar'e as the center and Nash at the top most of the time. That's a tough pairing to get a lot of defense out of.

In time this team will get better defensively. They'll never be great but they'll get better. Let's just hope it's not tomorrow!!!

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/12/2012  5:45 PM
nixluva wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

It's still been overblown. In 2006-07 his Suns were 13th in the league in defense. This idea that his teams didn't defend is simply not true. Sure if you count the Knicks teams we had which were full of absolutely awful defensive players and no defensive Center, but even when he had NO CENTER in PHX his teams were never actually bad defensively. His teams were always around the middle of the league in defensive efficiency. Just imagine that this was with Amar'e as the center and Nash at the top most of the time. That's a tough pairing to get a lot of defense out of.

In time this team will get better defensively. They'll never be great but they'll get better. Let's just hope it's not tomorrow!!!

13 out of 30 isn't impressive. It means you're about or slightly above average

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/12/2012  5:59 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Totally agree. Anyone that I talked to who was positive about the hire said that he wouldn't need to coach defense anyway because there were good defenders and the d was anchored by D12.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
12/12/2012  6:29 PM
Hope Melo drops 50 and the Knicks win by 30!!!
Blue & Orange 4 Life!
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/12/2012  6:36 PM
Hopefully Tyson-bot shows up instead of Flu-Tyson.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/12/2012  6:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Totally agree. Anyone that I talked to who was positive about the hire said that he wouldn't need to coach defense anyway because there were good defenders and the d was anchored by D12.

From some of the things Kobe said early on, it sounded like he was suggesting that he wouldn't end up being frustrated like Melo was last year with the direction of the team. I think he understands now that things weren't so black and white.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/12/2012  6:57 PM
's hard for everyone, including the man who was hired a week into the season to figure it out.

"We play at a very slow pace and we struggle," D'Antoni said. "Maybe it shifts over to defense. Maybe we're slow. Maybe we can't do it."

Maybe the Lakers' can't do it? Seriously? With Bryant, Howard, Nash and Gasol?
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/12/11/12/No-easy-answers-for-baffling-LA/landing_cavaliers.html?blockID=834101&feedID=3725

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/12/2012  7:19 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Hopefully Tyson-bot shows up instead of Flu-Tyson.

God I hate Flu-Tyson. He has like a string of 3 or 4 Tyson-bot games then all the sudden Flu-Tyson comes out of the blue and kills your buzz.

He really has to avoid early foul trouble. If he avoids those cheap fouls, then it gets his offense going with some putbacks and PnR, and keeps him involved in the game in all phases. I noticed if he doesn't get a few lobs thrown his way early, it affects him on the defensive side of the ball. If he's out of the game, it affects PnR play, it affects Raymond, and then he becomes Bandage-Felton. Trickle down effect.

Don't get 2 fouls in the 1st quarter Tyson!

OGkush121
Member: #4392

12/12/2012  8:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2012  8:13 PM
Am I correct in thinking Melo & Harden's 45 point performances were the highest scoring games by a player this season?
I know Kobe, Mayo and I think Curry as well had 40 or so performances, but I can't remember there being a better one so far.
I'm fully expecting to see both Melo & Kobe drop 30+, maybe even higher.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/12/2012  8:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:'s hard for everyone, including the man who was hired a week into the season to figure it out.

"We play at a very slow pace and we struggle," D'Antoni said. "Maybe it shifts over to defense. Maybe we're slow. Maybe we can't do it."

Maybe the Lakers' can't do it? Seriously? With Bryant, Howard, Nash and Gasol?
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/12/11/12/No-easy-answers-for-baffling-LA/landing_cavaliers.html?blockID=834101&feedID=3725

They look a lot like we did early last yr, talented and clueless

ES
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/12/2012  8:50 PM
KObe says:" Melo is harder to defend than Lebron"

Kobe knows Lebron can finesse you and bull rush you to over power you.

But he knows Melo if you mess up his headband and get him mad , he will go Gulley on you.

DEY SACRED NOW !

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/12/2012  8:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2012  8:57 PM
SMH @ google taking the snap of my most vistsed quick link when I was this dpes press conference melt down.

gunsnewing wrote:

^^^^ This is what I see every time I open a new Tab "UHuhHHUHUHHuu, we go over defense, YEah 30 mins...half hour!!!"
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Game Thread: The Return of Pringles: Knicks vs. Lakers Thursday 8PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy