[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: THE GIANT REMATCH, THE GAME OF THE SEASON IT'S ALL HERE KNICKS NETS, KNICKS PUT THE STAMP ON THE EASTERN CONFERENCE
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/11/2012  9:58 PM
Uptown wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Melo WON this game tonight! 45 points, 5 boards, 3 assists and only 2 turnovers. What an outstanding performance out of our MVP.

Damn man there are other players on this team

I talk up all of our players from Felton, J.R, Kidd, Chandler, Novak etc, etc I support them all; but on this night? Melo's 45 points, 5 boards and 3 assists off 5/7 from 3 was huge tonight. Kidd came up clutch, but Melo stole the show.

I'll just wait for the TS% report to tell me who had a good and who didn't.

Yea, it's just sad.

I mean, I gave credit to our Knicks all night. From being down big during the 1st quarter while making it known that we'd comeback (due to having that type of heart and/or elite team), stating J.R Smith was in a zone time and time again after his shots drained the net (before cooling off a bit), giving J.R Smith credit for putting his body into the line of fire, talking up Kidd as being CLUTCH with least 4-5 post's tonight, defending Felton and his 7 TO's tonight, making it known that he's only averaged 2.2 turnovers per game this season (off night's do happen). Etc, etc.

But yet, I get called out for celebrating Melo's 45 points on the road in Brooklyn tonight, to go along with 5 boards, 3 assists and only 2 turnovers? Sad. Melo also went 5/7 from beyond the arc and gave us the lead 3 or 4 times tonight.

I guess Melo needed to drop 50 in order to talk up Melo's amazing performance on the road tonight?

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
nixluva wrote:Man how about mister Softee Joe Johnson not taking the shot with Felton guarding him? 1st Deron turns down the shot but at least he was defended whereas Johnson had Felton guarding against the drive and all he had to do was shoot the 3!!!

I was shocked and he was a Knick killer in Atlanta. Wallace put up a contested 3 then Deron did what he does best. Miss a clutch 3

VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

Anji wrote:
NUPE wrote:I will give the Nets credit. They played a tough ass game and could have won. I will say, I am glad we have Melo rather than Deron. Players that can light it up on Melo don't grow on trees.

That's good, because Melo doesn't want to give them any.

I will admit that if everything up to this point was the same, I would have taken Blatch and his inside scoring over Wallace right now.

Yeah, we definitely should have offered Blatche a contract this Summer.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/11/2012  9:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2012  10:02 PM
Face it people, this is a different Knicks team. We were down by 17 before we could blink, on the road against a rival and fought all the back to take a lead (or down I dont remember) then fall back behind by 10. Only to keep fighting until we willed our way to a win at the end. We ARE LEGIT!
gunsnewing
USA
yellowboy90 wrote:For all the flack Melo gets name me another guy besides Lebron, Durant, and maybe kobe that can get 45 matched up against Wallace all night?

And I will continue to maintain I rather have Melo than Marbury, I mean Deron Williams

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

12/11/2012  9:59 PM
Anji wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Don't think Ronnie Brewer is healthy.

He's not, but this a bad match up for him offensively.

I also believe Deron is the worst point guard match up for Felton in the league.

Tough team for us, but Stat could change all of that.

Ray is having a lot of problems defensively lately. Too much time arguing the calls. Gatting distracted - BIG TIME

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

NUPE wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Melo WON this game tonight! 45 points, 5 boards, 3 assists and only 2 turnovers. What an outstanding performance out of our MVP.

I talk up all of our players from Felton, J.R, Kidd, Chandler, Novak etc, etc I support them all; but on this night? Melo's 45 points, 5 boards and 3 assists off 5/7 from 3 was huge tonight. Kidd came up clutch, but Melo stole the show.

TS% won't be posted tonight since Melo's would be through the roof. It does not fit the agenda. LoL!

Small Sample Size

If you delve into the validation data for tonights game (which is quite impressive and 128 pages long), you will see that based on his WS's and WP's divided by his weight, multiplied by the number of teeth he exposes when he smiles, Melo did not contribute (based on him playing the PF position (for 82.5 pct of the game)).

Perhaps if he got 1.9 more rebounds and .8 more hockey assists, the stats will show that he is at least a net positive.

gunsnewing
USA
Uptown wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

TPS report? Lumberg?
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
Deron missung the clutch gene.

So glad we got Melo and now Kidd.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

NYKMentality wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Yea, it's just sad.

I mean, I gave credit to our Knicks all night. From being down big during the 1st quarter while making it known that we'd comeback (due to having that type of heart and/or elite team), stating J.R Smith was in a zone time and time again after his shots drained the net (before cooling off a bit), giving J.R Smith credit for putting his body into the line of fire, talking up Kidd as being CLUTCH with least 4-5 post's tonight, defending Felton and his 7 TO's tonight, making it known that he's only averaged 2.2 turnovers per game this season (off night's do happen). Etc, etc.

But yet, I get called out for celebrating Melo's 45 points on the road in Brooklyn tonight, to go along with 5 boards, 3 assists and only 2 turnovers? Sad. Melo also went 5/7 from beyond the arc and gave us the lead 3 or 4 times tonight.

I guess Melo needed to drop 50 in order to talk up Melo's amazing performance on the road tonight?

Im not calling you out man. I love your enthusiasm. It just seemed like you were only posting when Melo did something but its all good
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Uptown

12/11/2012  10:00 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Yea, it's just sad.

Dude, don't let anyone tell you how hard to root for your team. Enjoy it, its been a loooong time. I know I'm enjoying it...

VCoug
Member: #1406

12/11/2012  10:00 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:For all the flack Melo gets name me another guy besides Lebron, Durant, and maybe kobe that can get 45 matched up against Wallace all night?

And I will continue to maintain I rather have Melo than Marbury, I mean Deron Williams

Hey now. Deron Williams has been overrated for pretty much his entire career but calling him Marbury is a low blow.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
NUPE
Member: #4205

12/11/2012  10:01 PM
Uptown wrote:Face people, this is a different Knicks team. We were down by 17 before we could blink, on the road against a rival and fought all the back to take a lead (or down I dont remember) then fall back behind by 10. Only to keep fighting until we willed our way to a win at the end. We ARE LEGIT!

LoL, does this really count as a road game. At worst, it is a neutral location

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/11/2012  10:02 PM
Nets ****ed up by going away from feeding Blatche. We did not have anybody that can stop him tonight.
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

NUPE wrote:
Uptown wrote:Face people, this is a different Knicks team. We were down by 17 before we could blink, on the road against a rival and fought all the back to take a lead (or down I dont remember) then fall back behind by 10. Only to keep fighting until we willed our way to a win at the end. We ARE LEGIT!

LoL, does this really count as a road game. At worst, it is a neutral location

Fans chanting MVP pretty loudly with Melo on the line at the end

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
Sangfroid wrote:
Anji wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Don't think Ronnie Brewer is healthy.

He's not, but this a bad match up for him offensively.

I also believe Deron is the worst point guard match up for Felton in the league.

Tough team for us, but Stat could change all of that.

Ray is having a lot of problems defensively lately. Too much time arguing the calls. Gatting distracted - BIG TIME

Deron is bigger, faster and as good defensively.

Deron gives Felton nothing be scraps in the two games we have played and taking what ever he wanted, this is the worst point guard in the league for Ray to play. If he isn't hitting jump shots, Ray has nothing to keep Deron honest.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
gunsnewing
USA
12/11/2012  10:03 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
nixluva wrote:Man how about mister Softee Joe Johnson not taking the shot with Felton guarding him? 1st Deron turns down the shot but at least he was defended whereas Johnson had Felton guarding against the drive and all he had to do was shoot the 3!!!

They should have taken the timeout

lol

They got great looks just chocked. They are not a good 3pt shooting team

Uptown

12/11/2012  10:04 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Nets ****ed up by going away from feeding Blatche. We did not have anybody that can stop him tonight.

We didn't have any answers for Blatche. You are right.

gunsnewing
USA
Hersports85 wrote:
NUPE wrote:I will give the Nets credit. They played a tough ass game and could have won. I will say, I am glad we have Melo rather than Deron. Players that can light it up on Melo don't grow on trees.

And it was some people saying that we should have signed him instead. D Will is a good point guard, but I don't think he carries your team or you build around him.

This

Nets building around him means they will never be a true title contender

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

TeamBall wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Yea, it's just sad.

Im not calling you out man. I love your enthusiasm. It just seemed like you were only posting when Melo did something but its all good

Well, thanks for not calling me out. But the reason why it seemed like I was posting only when Melo did something? Is because Melo did something (positive) every other minute (more like second). But yea, posted about most of our players tonight; Melo just happened to steal the show...

Game thread: THE GIANT REMATCH, THE GAME OF THE SEASON IT'S ALL HERE KNICKS NETS, KNICKS PUT THE STAMP ON THE EASTERN CONFERENCE

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy