[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

VERY impressed by Tor. win
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/27/2004  8:44 AM
with all the injuries the bottomline is we are 8-4 over our last 12. Yea.. Det will probably railroad us but this was a nice bounce back win. Tor was played well since Vince and Jalen got healthy again.

What impressed me was Lenny went with a line up of 3 PFs (Sweet, Kurt and Vin) along with Demaar and Marbury. This is the line up that won the game in 3rd and 4th. MAny times Sweetney had to guard a smaller guy like Vince, Jalen or Marshal and did a very nice job staying in front of his man.

Demaar showed some nice range... maybe he just needs some minutes to get a rythm
If Marbury is hitting is jumper he's as unguardable as anyone in the NBA.
Moochie really isnt that bad.. he's quick on D and hits his FTs. He's probably better than Eisley and HO started about 20 games for us. UG
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/27/2004  8:58 AM
If Marbury was off Knicks lose....still was a good game. Knicks rely too much on his scorign ability.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/27/2004  9:01 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

If Marbury was off Knicks lose....still was a good game. Knicks rely too much on his scorign ability.
If Houston and Tim Thomas were not injured we wouldnt have to rely too much on his scoring ability.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/27/2004  9:54 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

And if Carter was off Toronto still loses.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/27/2004  10:05 AM
Posted by fishmike:

What impressed me was Lenny went with a line up of 3 PFs (Sweet, Kurt and Vin) along with Demaar and Marbury. This is the line up that won the game in 3rd and 4th. MAny times Sweetney had to guard a smaller guy like Vince, Jalen or Marshal and did a very nice job staying in front of his man.

I was impressed with this coaching move too. 3 bigs and a SF - is DerMarr a SF or SG? - with Marb against another big lineup. And 2 of those players hardly ever get burn. Now that's coaching and adjusting and confidence.

Reminded me of when JVG would put Camby on Vince (was it Vince or someone else?) late in games during playoff runs.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/27/2004  10:27 AM
Posted by martin:

Reminded me of when JVG would put Camby on Vince (was it Vince or someone else?) late in games during playoff runs.
I know exactly what you are thinking of. The same week we played Orlando and Miami and both times at the end of games Van Gundy brought up Camby. Both games came down to last second shots. First he had Camby guarding McGrady and Anthony Mason the second night. Neither of them scored and we won both games.

He might have had Camby on Vince but I remember McGrady and Mason being shut down more.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
3/27/2004  10:45 AM
Not to be too hard on Lenny, but the injuries made this coaching move, not the coach. Either we split guard and SF minutes between 4 guys, Marbury, Anderson, Moochie and Demarr, which means an avg. of 32 mins game for each, or we move one of our bigs to the SF position for a while (or both, which is what Lenny did). Especially against Toronto's big lineup, where Jalen was playing point for most of the game, any coach would have moved down one of his bigs to the SF. True, he could have had OT playing against Carter instead of Sweets, that was my fear, which would have put us into the penalty after 3 minutes, but avoiding that scenario is about all I can give Lenny credit for here.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/27/2004  10:58 AM
"Not to be too hard on Lenny, but the injuries made this coaching move, not the coach."

There is no doubt... but he could have gone back to Shandon much quicker despite the fouls.

As for Demaar he's definatly a 2 right now... he's 6'9 but only weighs 200 pounds (wet with his keys in his pocket). He also really doesnt have an inside game or rebounding you look for from 3's.. but I'm sure again smaller 3's he could get burn. Put him on Mash, Maggette, KVH... that kind of 3 and he gets posted and toasted every time. He is very young though so youl ike his upside.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/27/2004  10:59 AM
yeah I remember Camby guarding T-mac. It was so awesome when he would shut him down. Man When Allan was on T-mac it was a disaster lol
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/27/2004  11:17 AM
What impressed me was DJ's continued shooting. It's nice to know that we have another option over shandon.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/27/2004  11:43 AM
DJ did pretty well off the boards with 7, but I think we shouldn't overlook his defense on rose, after DJ started guarding him rose dissapeared for a good stretch, he also forced vince into some tough misses late...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/27/2004  11:59 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Yeah it was a pretty silly statement. Thing is Marbury can't drop 38 everynight. He's gonna have to do it again tonight, against Portland and New Jersey this week to keep the Knicks in the playoffs.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/27/2004  2:39 PM
This was no doubt a key game, and there were a couple times where it had the potential to get a way. It is very difficult to withstand a barrage like we did in the first half, where Toronto was 9/13 from downtown. But they showed good intensity and effort throughout last night.

[Edited by - VDesai on 03/27/2004 14:40:02]
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/27/2004  2:57 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by fishmike:

I was impressed with this coaching move too. 3 bigs and a SF - is DerMarr a SF or SG? - with Marb against another big lineup. And 2 of those players hardly ever get burn. Now that's coaching and adjusting and confidence.

Demarr is a SG, with SF height
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/27/2004  2:59 PM
demarr was a very good pickup. good going knicks management
starbizzle
Member: #631
New Zealand
3/27/2004  5:45 PM
i love the knicks' management... every trade, every aquisition on isiah's part was a very good one... remember this isnt our year, but i bet you. w/in the next 5 yrs we'll win the finals
it aint marbury its STARBURY!
VERY impressed by Tor. win

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy