Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/8/2012  11:39 PM
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Doesn't make any sense to me. Why pay a guy $8 mill a year to crap all over him? Defeats the purpose of having a quality PG if you're going to run your entire offense through your SG.
Morey cleared a ton of cap space to get D12. When that didn't work out he went for Asik and Lin and put the poison pill in their contract because the Rockets cap situation allowed him to do so. When Harden became available he went for it. Houston also has a huge asian fan base because of Yao. Lowry and Dragic are both a lot better than Lin. Lin complained about facing racism but part of the reason he got his contract from HOuston is because of his ethnicity. If its just a basketball decision you keep Dragic or Lowry just like last year.

Yeah I think that may be the main reason for the contract. I havent been watching a lot of Rockets games this season but if hes really getting frozen out then it might be because of that whole "problems in the locker room" thing that JR was talking about this past off season.

I just checked the box score. Asik and Parsons are on one of my fantasy teams. Lin got only 18 minutes tonight. I believe Douglas got 35 minutes.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
12/9/2012  12:23 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Doesn't make any sense to me. Why pay a guy $8 mill a year to crap all over him? Defeats the purpose of having a quality PG if you're going to run your entire offense through your SG.
Morey cleared a ton of cap space to get D12. When that didn't work out he went for Asik and Lin and put the poison pill in their contract because the Rockets cap situation allowed him to do so. When Harden became available he went for it. Houston also has a huge asian fan base because of Yao. Lowry and Dragic are both a lot better than Lin. Lin complained about facing racism but part of the reason he got his contract from HOuston is because of his ethnicity. If its just a basketball decision you keep Dragic or Lowry just like last year.

Yeah I think that may be the main reason for the contract. I havent been watching a lot of Rockets games this season but if hes really getting frozen out then it might be because of that whole "problems in the locker room" thing that JR was talking about this past off season.

I just checked the box score. Asik and Parsons are on one of my fantasy teams. Lin got only 18 minutes tonight. I believe Douglas got 35 minutes.

WOW, looks like TD is taking over.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/10/2012  4:37 AM
CashMoney wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

WOW, looks like TD is taking over.

Which just goes to show how far Jeremy Lin has fallen off a cliff (hype wise). When Toney Douglas is getting just about double your minutes... You know there's a problem for Jeremy Lin.

Also, all of this talk about Houston's coaching staff destroying Jeremy Lin and/or not using him right isn't accurate nor correct. The cream always rises to the top in regards to NBA players. Great players will make an impact during ball games more times than not, as great players, regardless of head coach. Kobe has been great under multiple coaches. Melo has been great under multiple coaches. Kidd has been great under multiple coaches. LeBron etc, etc. Jeremy Lin on the other hand? Just not a great player. He's not even very good when thinking about it.

9.9 points, 6.1 assists and 2.7 turnovers during 32.3 minutes per game is not very good. Not very good at all. A shooting percentage of only .265% from beyond the arc is laughing stock. An overall FG% of .381% is drop dead awful. Yea, right, I'm sure it's Houston's coaching staff's fault on why Lin is an awful NBA shooter and/or the coaches fault why Jeremy Lin doesn't have what it takes to CARRY a team such as a... James Harden for (one) example.

Travla
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #723
USA
12/10/2012  11:16 PM
Looks like Linsanity returned for one night. Is it simply co-incidence that Lin shows up on the night that Harden can't play? 38 points and 7 assists aren't anything to sneeze at, especially against San Antonio.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/11/2012  8:40 AM
And they talk about locking or deleting Melo threads. SMH
Tyson, Shump, Novak, Feilds and Melo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy