3/27/2004  8:03 PM
Rip sure looks ugly with that mask.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/27/2004  8:08 PM
Did anyone here Clyde just after Baker shot the last second 3-pointer? "Get in there!" I love it when commentators get into the game.

Last night it was "Get outta there" while Toronto was shooting the ball.
nyvector16
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #130
USA
3/27/2004  8:45 PM
This game is not looking too Good...
Knicks are expected to lose this game..
Upside is the Knicks have been doing great in 3rd Quarters..
Hopefully we bring it to within about 6 by the 4th...
we must have the lead down to single digits byt the 4th or we're done.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/27/2004  8:53 PM
I guess we all expected this kind of play from the Knicks. Yikes, it's bad.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/27/2004  8:55 PM
what's bad is Kurt Thomas and Shandon Anderson and Moochie Norris.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/27/2004  9:30 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

yea ive talked my head off on here trying to explain how bad k thomas is, i guess ignorance is bliss.
Yes! - Marv Albert
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/27/2004  9:32 PM
Posted by starbizzle:

gaurentee u rip gets less than 15 and shoots less than 40%

id save your guarantees for more likely things if i was you
Yes! - Marv Albert
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/28/2004  7:30 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Yo what do you expect from Kurt Thomas? Do you seriously think of him as an amzing 3rd option on offense PF? Because he is not! Get that into your head.

If you see what everyone else (including Isiah Thomas) see's then you will know that he is supposed to play tough defense and shoot the 5 footer every now and then. The offense cannot run through him. He is a good player that we need right now. He does not have mad talent but he is good!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/28/2004  8:58 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Yo what do you expect from Kurt Thomas? Do you seriously think of him as an amzing 3rd option on offense PF? Because he is not! Get that into your head.

If you see what everyone else (including Isiah Thomas) see's then you will know that he is supposed to play tough defense and shoot the 5 footer every now and then. The offense cannot run through him. He is a good player that we need right now. He does not have mad talent but he is good!

You know Kurt did lead the nation in scoring while at TCU? (note the heavy sarcasm)
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
spreeeewell
Member: #436
3/28/2004  9:30 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by gunsnewing:

In other words; an off the bench player...
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/28/2004  9:49 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

Man, i'm not ripping you or what you wrote. I just disagree tactfully. I'm not trying to "get a rep" from you or anyone else. I've been " reppin' " before you ever came on this scene - you could check my post count, but that doesnt count.
I agree with you. Ben is a banger. He fouls and doesnt get called for that either. Yes I wish we had Mase or Oak to show Ben something. Ewing wouldnt have done jack. When Starks was shooting Ewing's championship hopes away, he did nothing. Not post up. Not establish position. Not call for the ball. Not call a time out. Not get open. Ewing is another story though. The NBA has gone away from bangers like Oak, Mase, etc. for more athletic "euro-style" ballers. Ben is the last of the mohicans. Yeah, I wish he wouldnt cry. But he does, and everyone in the NBA does. Yeah, we all dislike millionaire whiners.

Now about rip. Rip is the closest thing to Reggie Miller in the NBA. He is a jump shooter. Rip is money. I dont think you should knock Rip. Yeah, he went 3-20 last time the knicks played him, but he's a very good shooter.

Yeah you disagree tactfully which means you did it to bait me.

And about your post count....that dosen't mean you have seniority on this site. This ain't a goverment job, time at one place don't mean anything. It also doesn't mean you are the end all as far as basketball information. I'll probably get banned for not talking basketball. Guess you'll always a higher post count. You can take that to heaven with you.

Rip is not Reggie. He's a better version of Kerry Kittles. Running someone through picks is supposed to free up a jump shot. Rip is not just a jump shooter. He's a scorer like I said. I don't watch NBA highlights on the local new and read the paper to get my opinions. I have Direct TV and League Pass for a while but "that doesn't count". You keep saying Rip went 3-20 like that's how I base me comments. Rip was off that night missing lay-ups and everything...but "that doesn't count".

Putting "get a rep", and "reppin" in quotes also shows me where your head is at. It's "aight". I guess I'm too urban for you. You have to put me in my place. You are definately in a different league that I am. You are the man.

So I guess I'm banned. Guess I gotta start my seniority over somewhere else.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2004  10:10 AM
I'm not asking Kurt to score. I'm just asking him to stay in games and actually play defense, which he can certainly do if he wasn't too busy picking up fouls and only being able to play 20min a game.
starbizzle
Member: #631
New Zealand
3/28/2004  11:12 AM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:
Posted by starbizzle:

gaurentee u rip gets less than 15 and shoots less than 40%

id save your guarantees for more likely things if i was you

it felt like a prety good gaurentee, considering before i made it rip missed 3 straight layups
it aint marbury its STARBURY!
gunsnewing
USA
3/28/2004  11:41 AM
Also...is it possible for Nazr to shoot a little better from the free throw line? instead of the 1-5, 0-3 he keeps putting up? He looks so awful shooting free throws man!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/28/2004  1:10 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Also...is it possible for Nazr to shoot a little better from the free throw line? instead of the 1-5, 0-3 he keeps putting up? He looks so awful shooting free throws man!

Yeah man, that is really killing me too, because Nazr does have the potential to go to the line a lot. He has no concept of shooting the basketball IMO. You put him outside of 4 feet and he can hit the back board, the back of the rim, the side of the rim, air, or nothing but net. But the ball's a threat to go anywhere.
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
3/28/2004  10:25 PM
Nazi can be that center we been waiting for,its just in matter of time.this is only his 3rd yr i believe.next yr he'll be better.IMO in the summer he should visit Ewing.

now about the game.i missed it but the way i see it,they are tired at this long stretch and kinda struggling without a 2nd option.i still believe they goin to the playoffs,hopefully add some excitement and ruin some things.then next yr have a better out come.

[Edited by - nyk8 on 03/28/2004 22:27:49]
!!!Knicks!!!
Knicks at Detroit thread (3/27)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy