[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks at Detroit thread (3/27)
Author Thread
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
3/27/2004  7:58 AM
We beat Pistons last time without H20 and Nzar. More minutes to Sweets and DJ. New York can pull this out...and on the road!

Go Knicks Go!
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/27/2004  9:10 AM
I'm hyped up about this game too. I really can't stand any of the players on Detroit except Rasheed. Rasheed is showing his arse too a little since Detroit has been winning.

Ben is about the biggest dude in the league and he is the first to cry to the refs about fouls. I can't stand Ben Wallace.

Chauncey thinks he's on an elite level. Rip is annoying especially when he runs around like Reggie Miller in those screens. Rip is not a shooter so why do they do that?

Corliss Williamson thinks he's a tough guy. Derrick Coleman boxed him real good last season.

I just hate Detroit.

The Knicks are gonna have to have a similiar game like against Toronto to beat them.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/27/2004  9:10 AM
Detroit in Detroit. OUCH!

hope for the best
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/27/2004  10:15 AM
Posted by Bobby:

We beat Pistons last time without H20 and Nzar. More minutes to Sweets and DJ. New York can pull this out...and on the road!

Go Knicks Go!

and Detroit didn't have Wallace.

Man, I hope the Knicks can pull this out but I gotta believe they are going to get whooped.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/27/2004  10:30 AM
Man, I hope Detroit is ready for the Knicks. After the game at about 10:30 they will all be shaking their freaking heads wondering what just hit them. I predict a 85 - 78 knicks victory and the only reason Detroit scored 78 is cause Lenny benches all his starters in the 4th because of the game being such a blowout.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
martin
USA
3/27/2004  10:40 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Man, I hope Detroit is ready for the Knicks. After the game at about 10:30 they will all be shaking their freaking heads wondering what just hit them. I predict a 85 - 78 knicks victory and the only reason Detroit scored 78 is cause Lenny benches all his starters in the 4th because of the game being such a blowout.

never say die. Love the confidence.
starbizzle
Member: #631
New Zealand
3/27/2004  10:53 AM
this one will go to the wire... rip sux last time we played him he went 3/20... he just doesnt realize when to stop shooting, he has no understanding of the game and how it should be played. next, get underneath rasheed's skin, make him do something stupid, get him T'ed up. i have faith in kurt thomas' defense... as for nazr on ben, box out like a mother and if he cant, we got backup by baker, who surprisngly might do better on wallace bc his game extends to the perimeter, and ben is a monster down low... and for chuancey, i've seen him have quiet games recently, i dont know how much he can do against marbury... i think if the knicks set tempo early on, and play with a sense of urgency, thats the key... rebound and D up of course also
it aint marbury its STARBURY!
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/27/2004  11:02 AM
knicks will be dead tired tonight.

ben is not the biggest guy in the nba and if shaq can cry about fouls, so can ben. a foul is a foul - stop hating. why should other players get away with cheap fouls?

I dont know who you've been watching, but rip is nothing BUT a shooter.

chauncey is clutch

so what rip went 3/20? shooters shoot. there were no other scorers on the squas. the coach told him to keep shooting. no understanding of the game? rip won the ncaa championship at uconn. he was a lotto pick and has been money since.

key is play them man to man and make them do the same, no zones. if they zone out, we gotta have steph bust a few in their face from long range and let johnson do his thing, but dont let shandon shoot, not even a layup. he should just do his thing and defend the hell out of rip
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/27/2004  11:23 AM
If stephon can continue scoring tonight, then this could be close, otherwise i predict detroit handing us a blowout.

Knicks win 92-89

Other scenario: Detroit wins 91-73
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/27/2004  11:46 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

ben is not the biggest guy in the nba and if shaq can cry about fouls, so can ben. a foul is a foul - stop hating. why should other players get away with cheap fouls?

chauncey is clutch

so what rip went 3/20? shooters shoot. there were no other scorers on the squas. the coach told him to keep shooting. no understanding of the game? rip won the ncaa championship at uconn. he was a lotto pick and has been money since.

key is play them man to man and make them do the same, no zones. if they zone out, we gotta have steph bust a few in their face from long range and let johnson do his thing, but dont let shandon shoot, not even a layup. he should just do his thing and defend the hell out of rip

Ok so you are ripping what I wrote.

Fine.

It's one thing if you are complaining about guys fouling you when you are making moves to the basket to score. Ben is a banger. All he does is foul. He rebounds, and block shots and then complains if you don't let him. I wish we had Mase, X-man ,Ewing and Oak in their primes just to put Ben on his butt. You can't contol the paint crying to the refs.

And about Rip. You only run a guy through 3 picks in one play if he is Reggie Miller or Ray Allen. Rip is a scorer not a jump shooter.

I hate when guys go out of their way to critizize someone else when they have no clue themselves. Don't try to get a rep off me.

By the way I agree about Chancey and the last paragraph about the game plan.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/27/2004  12:54 PM
you're right about Marbury, if he goes on nuts for a bunch of games in a row like he did when we first got him we can win any game.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/27/2004  1:20 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I'm hyped up about this game too. I really can't stand any of the players on Detroit except Rasheed. Rasheed is showing his arse too a little since Detroit has been winning.

how can you say that? rasheed is the first person you should not be able to stand. im sure you say it just cause you think hes coming here to ny. he's one of the biggests jerk offs in the league
Yes! - Marv Albert
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/27/2004  1:47 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Caseloads:

chauncey is clutch

Ok so you are ripping what I wrote.

Fine.

It's one thing if you are complaining about guys fouling you when you are making moves to the basket to score. Ben is a banger. All he does is foul. He rebounds, and block shots and then complains if you don't let him. I wish we had Mase, X-man ,Ewing and Oak in their primes just to put Ben on his butt. You can't contol the paint crying to the refs.
And about Rip. You only run a guy through 3 picks in one play if he is Reggie Miller or Ray Allen. Rip is a scorer not a jump shooter.
I hate when guys go out of their way to critizize someone else when they have no clue themselves. Don't try to get a rep off me.
By the way I agree about Chancey and the last paragraph about the game plan.
Man, i'm not ripping you or what you wrote. I just disagree tactfully. I'm not trying to "get a rep" from you or anyone else. I've been " reppin' " before you ever came on this scene - you could check my post count, but that doesnt count.
I agree with you. Ben is a banger. He fouls and doesnt get called for that either. Yes I wish we had Mase or Oak to show Ben something. Ewing wouldnt have done jack. When Starks was shooting Ewing's championship hopes away, he did nothing. Not post up. Not establish position. Not call for the ball. Not call a time out. Not get open. Ewing is another story though. The NBA has gone away from bangers like Oak, Mase, etc. for more athletic "euro-style" ballers. Ben is the last of the mohicans. Yeah, I wish he wouldnt cry. But he does, and everyone in the NBA does. Yeah, we all dislike millionaire whiners.

Now about rip. Rip is the closest thing to Reggie Miller in the NBA. He is a jump shooter. Rip is money. I dont think you should knock Rip. Yeah, he went 3-20 last time the knicks played him, but he's a very good shooter.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/27/2004  2:36 PM
Really tough game tonight. THe Pistons are deep, and we are beset by the injury bug. Considering the minutes a lot of the guys played last night, we might need Penny or Tim Thomas back for this game to have a chance. If I'm Lenny I give them the big look with Sweetney at SF sometimes for a good portion of the game. If Marbury carries over his hot shooting we definitely can win, otherwise, a lot's gonna have to happen.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
3/27/2004  2:45 PM
Yes, this is gonna be a brutal game. If somehow the Knicks do pull off a win though, it would be a huge momentum boost. By the way, when is Mutombo supposed to come back? Is he day to day?
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
3/27/2004  3:43 PM
it would be a miracle to see NYK win tonight but you never know....!!!!!
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
starbizzle
New Zealand
3/27/2004  4:43 PM
gaurentee u rip gets less than 15 and shoots less than 40%
martin
USA
3/27/2004  7:15 PM
No Weed tonight. Bad Back.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
3/27/2004  7:16 PM
We can take this game...
We are riding high off the win yesterday and our guys are looking to get a run going for the playoffs.

And most significantly...
Rasheed is not playing this game due to Back problems! :)

Let's Go Knicks!!!!!!!

starbizzle
New Zealand
3/27/2004  7:34 PM
Posted by martin:

No Weed tonight. Bad Back.

good man supplyin the info
Knicks at Detroit thread (3/27)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy