[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game: Knicks go to Heat cool them off nice
Author Thread
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/6/2012  2:04 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I really irks me that Miami keeps getting teams on the 2nd night of back to backs at home on national TV!

Some BS right there, I guess "its in the league's best interest" SMH

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
12/6/2012  2:08 PM
One Game At A Time

fishmike wrote:Heat coming off a bad loss to Wash and after we beat them opening day and its 2nd of a b2b Im pretty sure the Knicks get spanked in this game and the reserves play the 4th qtr.

Based on the conditions of this game Im not putting much into it. If KNicks find a way to win hey.. that will be epic, if they lose its the nature of the NBA and this silly 82 game schedule. Flush it and move onto the next game.

Road games in the NBA, even in Washington, are never easy. Nobody goes into another gym and blows out a team without playing perfect basketball. With that said, the Knicks do not get spanked by ANYONE this season. One blowout, Houston was a case of collective food poisoning. We do not roll like that this season. This edition of Woodyball has toughness... and some comeback in it.

The cool thing about winning without Carmelo down the stretch is that it affirms we have poise - and people who can be clutch. Tonight, with Carmelo in bandages, is a perfect opportunity for Chris Copeland to watch Priggi Smalls facial expressions for the no look pass. Next man up. Sheed gets the nod from Woodson and all the New Yorkers in the house chant in unison. Steve Novak goes for 21.

It is a cliff dweller.

once a knick always a knick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/6/2012  2:17 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I really irks me that Miami keeps getting teams on the 2nd night of back to backs at home on national TV!

You know it really is sad that the NBA would allow such a schedule flaw as having this game be a 2nd game of a bac2bac for the Knicks going into Miami. That's not right. You mean to tell me they couldn't make this game a stand alone game where both teams had the night off before? I highly doubt that they couldn't have made that happen. These big games get slightly tarnished by moves like this.

Anyway i'm still really into this game. I think the Knicks just have to concentrate on D and moving the ball and they'll be able to compete just fine. I would like to see Woody make use of the bench in the 2nd qtr a bit, cuz I don't think our starters will be able to play hard for a full game after last night. Woody has to find a way to slip Copeland in there and maybe a little bit of White just for a few minutes. I just think that the 4th qtr will be tough on the Knicks starters if we don't extend the rotation a little. I think Woody will do that tho.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/6/2012  2:17 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:Everyone was saying the Heat were not into the last game because of Sandy, now there is no Sandy, there is only Melo Anthony, and he is not a woman like Sandy, now we show them we are twice as for-real as we were before.

Not so fast. He'll probably not play.

Who says he probably won't play? Woody said he'd play. Melo through a little cold water on that, but was probably just being cautious. I think he'll play.

Dude, he got stitches in his hand yesterday. And you think he'll play? You're in denial. Even if he plays, you think he'll be effective? One swat of his hand by Lebron, and he'll be back on the bench.

I hear Allan Houston and Antonio McDyess are suiting up for us too.

I actually kind of hope he doesn't play. I'd love to see how the rest of the team plays with additional responsibility in a big game. But David Stern probably already threatened Dolan with a fine if they rest Melo

Wow...you're acting like stitches on a non shooting hand is a torn ACL. Remember Kidd's head needing stitched a few games back? I believe he came back that game and finished. Not saying he should play if it's risky, but I don't think I'm in denial by thinking he'll play through 5 stitches.

Well, generally you don't get your head swatted multiple times in a game, like you do your hand (particularly shooting/dribbling hand). And you don't jump up for rebounds and try to pin them between your head and hand, nor do you bump heads as much as hands while rebounding. In general, outside thinking, heads don't play much of a role in basketball, like hands do. But in soccer things get all switched up. I got that all from a book - "The Importance of Hands in Basketball but not in Soccer" by Ima Sureson.

lol, I have some other titles by that author, like :

"Guide to the proper answer to the question 'Does this dress make me look fat?"

Then there is one of my favorites "Mixing drinks: Behind a bar vs. In your stomach" by Ima Sureson

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
K22
Member: #1182
USA
12/6/2012  5:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  5:21 PM
ramtour420 wrote:Some BS right there, I guess "its in the league's best interest" SMH

What would be in the league's best interest would be its largest market winning multiple championships. And I'm not talking about those guys that just moved here from the swamp.

-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/6/2012  6:07 PM
ramtour420 wrote:

Yeah its a little ridiculous and it doesnt seem like its a coincidence anymore. We were also gonna open up the season with ending a back to back against Miami. It'd be kinda funny if Melo sat this one out though considering what just happened with San Antonio.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

12/6/2012  6:24 PM
Just heard Melo is game time decision. No way Melo sits tonight without first giving it a go/try.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
12/6/2012  6:35 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Just heard Melo is game time decision. No way Melo sits tonight without first giving it a go/try.

Yeah, I read that, too. I seriously doubt that Melo will sit out. Even if he cuts down on his minutes, it's still better than sitting out completely. It would also throw Miami's strategy off, considering that they would be preparing to defend against Melo.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
12/6/2012  6:40 PM
LOL @ this pic from the Knicks Memes page on FaceBook.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/6/2012  6:56 PM
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Just heard Melo is game time decision. No way Melo sits tonight without first giving it a go/try.

Yeah, I read that, too. I seriously doubt that Melo will sit out. Even if he cuts down on his minutes, it's still better than sitting out completely. It would also throw Miami's strategy off, considering that they would be preparing to defend against Melo.

ESPN said Melo is going to see if is good to go before making a decision.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/6/2012  6:58 PM
He is shooting 3's right nand testing his comfort level. He is grimicing but I'm sure he will play
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/6/2012  7:12 PM
Those playoff games in Miami were a nightmare last summer. A win would give us a nice confidence boost. Odds are against us, pressure is off, let's see what we can do- I'd like us to send a message to Miami during these regular season games. They're at their best when they're ****y, so hammering that confidence might give us an edge come the playoffs.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
12/6/2012  7:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  7:14 PM
gunsnewing wrote:He is shooting 3's right nand testing his comfort level. He is grimicing but I'm sure he will play

Yeah, pics were posted about it on Twitter. Most of the reporters there believe that he is looking good enough to play tonight.

http://instagram.com/p/S6f85YltUH/

gunsnewing
USA
12/6/2012  7:25 PM
yea saw footage on sportscenter. No grimace he looks fine and was hitting shots
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

12/6/2012  7:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  7:34 PM
I couldn't care less what some of these Melo critics may or not say, but Melo has heart. New York bloodline. Built for Madison Square Garden. Has always dreamed of playing for the MECCA. Our franchise leader/center-piece. Clutch as they come. Can handle pressure better than 99.9% of this league. The greatest Knick SINCE Patrick Ewing. This man dove into the stands, slashed his finger with a deep cut in which required 4-6 stitches, and back at it the very next night. Warming up and trying to get ready to compete against defending world champions.

Melo has EARNED my respect.

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/6/2012  7:32 PM
woody is going to send him home..
ES
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

12/6/2012  7:33 PM
Melo is gonna have his jersey retired and he's gonna have a championship in New York, you can believe that because Syracuse also won, and they're in New York, it just makes sense that he'll win here.
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
gunsnewing
USA
12/6/2012  7:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  7:43 PM
5 stitches. Fortunately his non-shooting hand and certainly a good thing he did not break it because then he would miss time.

I'm assuming the cut is on the bottom of his finger, top wouldn't be a big deal

NYDiva
Member: #4387

12/6/2012  7:45 PM
No Melo tonight. Just heard on NBATV that he was scratched from lineup.
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

12/6/2012  7:47 PM
NYDiva wrote:No Melo tonight. Just heard on NBATV that he was scratched from lineup.

Good decision for knicks and melo to sit him
he will heal and its a long season. No use in taking chances with the physical and revenge seeking Miami Heat 2nite!

knicks will do fine on TNT game

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Game: Knicks go to Heat cool them off nice

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy