[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game: Knicks go to Heat cool them off nice
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/6/2012  11:20 PM
64 more games to go then can we start giving out awards and talking about where we face whom in the playoffs.

That was a sweet win on the road without Melo!

We rained the three. Lived by it tonite. Its not the kind of game you win a series with.

On the first 18 games of the season Woodson gets COTY and Glen gets exec!

Im not on board the proclamation band wagon that gives awards out after 22% of the season has been played.

That ain't hate, that ain't homerism, thats just real.

That was a real good win!!!!!

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/6/2012  11:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  11:22 PM
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Panos wrote:Grunny for exec of the year! Believe it.

+1 and Woody coach of the year def!

WOODY IS DEFINITELY GETTING COACH OF THE YEAR IF THIS KEEPS UP! However just to speak truth... D'Antoni says Your Welcome for the offense! No one can deny where this offense came from. If you do your just lying to yourself. But Woody has done a GREAT job with this team and having them ready almost every night. Grunwald did his thing this summer too. All the people laughing at the Knicks age are quiet right now.

flush

Just speaking truth. Doesn't mean Woody is any less a great coach for this team. If anyone wants to ignore the truth so be it, but you know in your heart i'm right.

In my heart I know that you spent 4 years acting like MDA walked on water, couldn't point out one single thing he did wrong in that entire span but now you want Woodson to share credit with MDA in the Knicks success. Do you understand how hypocritical that is? If it is MDA's system why couldn't MDA make it work in the slightest? Was it all everyone else's fault?

exactly can't take him seriously because of the clear bias

Do you really want to try and confuse the issue here? I'm not saying Woody hasn't done a great job. I just made a simple observation, which is that the Knicks have been winning with basically MDA's offense. Unless you have some kind of technical break down of how this isn't MDA's offense to share. It's to Woody's credit that he didn't just trash all of MDA's stuff, when it's clear that this team needed to still make use of that offense with the makeup of the team. That's not taking credit away from Woody it's just the TRUTH!!! Woody has a better roster with 3 high level PG's and more overall depth so he should be able to do even better than he did last year, which he clearly is. It's not about why MDA failed, it's about how Woody is succeeding and what he's doing right!!!

I don't see SSOL, I don't see poor shot selection for the most part, I don't see lousy defense, I don't see a coach who lets leads kill the team in the first half, I don't see a coach who can't make adjustments, the right substitutions , I don't see a coach who is running his players into the ground. So no, I don't see D'Antoni's hand in this team's success.

The only similarity I see is a reliance on the 3 pt shot, not enough for me to thank D'Antoni for anything but 4 years of misery as a Knicks fan.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/6/2012  11:26 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

WOODY IS DEFINITELY GETTING COACH OF THE YEAR IF THIS KEEPS UP! However just to speak truth... D'Antoni says Your Welcome for the offense! No one can deny where this offense came from. If you do your just lying to yourself. But Woody has done a GREAT job with this team and having them ready almost every night. Grunwald did his thing this summer too. All the people laughing at the Knicks age are quiet right now.

flush

Just speaking truth. Doesn't mean Woody is any less a great coach for this team. If anyone wants to ignore the truth so be it, but you know in your heart i'm right.

In my heart I know that you spent 4 years acting like MDA walked on water, couldn't point out one single thing he did wrong in that entire span but now you want Woodson to share credit with MDA in the Knicks success. Do you understand how hypocritical that is? If it is MDA's system why couldn't MDA make it work in the slightest? Was it all everyone else's fault?

Also Woodson credits bobby knight all the time.

That's fine, but as i've just wrote in the post above this, you're gonna have to really do some amazing breakdowns to prove that i'm wrong about the offense, which I know i'm not. You guys have me all wrong and that's fine. If you guys want to go on lying to yourselves about what your own eyes are seeing then fine. I'm just making a clear observation and if you want we can get deep on this but I don't think it's really necessary. Woody has this team humming and not only playing great D, but great on offense and as a team. That's the most important thing. He hasn't been able to go to a mostly post oriented offense with this roster. It's clearly still very much a spread, high PnR offense with some Post mixed in. All those 3's that some of y'all were saying was garbage and now you're cheering. You know damn well this is MDA's half court offense.

He was able to mix in just enough ISO and post where MDA wasn't. MDA thought that his O did not need post play at all, remember how it slowed everything down too much. Oh, and another thing, we control the tempo of the game a lot better now. It's SSOL vs. Take your time, pass for an even better shot instead of taking every open shot in the game. Time management on O is another reason why we are far from being one of the top teams in pace, unlike during MDA tenure.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/6/2012  11:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

flush

Do you really want to try and confuse the issue here? I'm not saying Woody hasn't done a great job. I just made a simple observation, which is that the Knicks have been winning with basically MDA's offense. Unless you have some kind of technical break down of how this isn't MDA's offense to share. It's to Woody's credit that he didn't just trash all of MDA's stuff, when it's clear that this team needed to still make use of that offense with the makeup of the team. That's not taking credit away from Woody it's just the TRUTH!!! Woody has a better roster with 3 high level PG's and more overall depth so he should be able to do even better than he did last year, which he clearly is. It's not about why MDA failed, it's about how Woody is succeeding and what he's doing right!!!

I don't see SSOL, I don't see poor shot selection for the most part, I don't see lousy defense, I don't see a coach who lets leads kill the team in the first half, I don't see a coach who can't make adjustments, the right substituition, I don't see a coach who is running his players into the ground. So no, I don't see D'Antoni's hand in this team's success.

The only similarity I see is a reliance on the 3 pt shot, not enough for me to thank D'Antoni for anything but 4 years of misery as a Knicks fan.

You are WRONG! Don't get caught on SSOL since in NY MDA never ran SSOL anyway. He mostly used his halfcourt offense. You bring up D when I never said anything about that. Like most you just don't get what i'm talking about. Woody has Felton, Kidd and Prigs, so you won't see poor decision making and that is clearly an improvement over what this team has had in the past. Woody has done a great job with his personnel , rotations and substitutions. It's FAR easier to do that when you have quality players at every position. He's got a fully committed Melo and overall I think Woody is better at relating to his players. My points have NOTHING to do with Woody's coaching on the bench or practice. I merely made the point that this offense is basically MDA's offense and if you push me i'll do a breakdown and show you just how that's true. That's not what tonight is really all about, but as a side note it is the truth.

FoeDiddy
Member: #2350

12/6/2012  11:32 PM
RIP Knickerbocker Dantoni...this win and team should not be stained with the mention of his name.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/6/2012  11:34 PM
FoeDiddy wrote:RIP Knickerbocker Dantoni...this win and team should not be stained with the mention of his name.

Flush............

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/6/2012  11:35 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

flush

Also Woodson credits bobby knight all the time.

That's fine, but as i've just wrote in the post above this, you're gonna have to really do some amazing breakdowns to prove that i'm wrong about the offense, which I know i'm not. You guys have me all wrong and that's fine. If you guys want to go on lying to yourselves about what your own eyes are seeing then fine. I'm just making a clear observation and if you want we can get deep on this but I don't think it's really necessary. Woody has this team humming and not only playing great D, but great on offense and as a team. That's the most important thing. He hasn't been able to go to a mostly post oriented offense with this roster. It's clearly still very much a spread, high PnR offense with some Post mixed in. All those 3's that some of y'all were saying was garbage and now you're cheering. You know damn well this is MDA's half court offense.

No time for that Knicks just whooped Miami!

GustavBahler

12/6/2012  11:36 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

flush

I don't see SSOL, I don't see poor shot selection for the most part, I don't see lousy defense, I don't see a coach who lets leads kill the team in the first half, I don't see a coach who can't make adjustments, the right substituition, I don't see a coach who is running his players into the ground. So no, I don't see D'Antoni's hand in this team's success.

You are WRONG! Don't get caught on SSOL since in NY MDA never ran SSOL anyway. He mostly used his halfcourt offense. You bring up D when I never said anything about that. Like most you just don't get what i'm talking about. Woody has Felton, Kidd and Prigs, so you won't see poor decision making and that is clearly an improvement over what this team has had in the past. Woody has done a great job with his personnel , rotations and substitutions. It's FAR easier to do that when you have quality players at every position. He's got a fully committed Melo and overall I think Woody is better at relating to his players. My points have NOTHING to do with Woody's coaching on the bench or practice. I merely made the point that this offense is basically MDA's offense and if you push me i'll do a breakdown and show you just how that's true. That's not what tonight is really all about, but as a side note it is the truth.

Push you? You can't even be pushed to admit that D'antoni made one single mistake in his entire tenure as a Knicks coach. If I could push you to do anything it would be that. I honestly believe this team would still be hovering around .500 if he was still here with the same personnel. You make it sound like relying on the 3, spacing, and ball movement never existed before D'Antoni. As for decision making, Woodson gets on his players about poor shot selection, MDA just said "keep shooting".

nixluva
USA
12/6/2012  11:43 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

flush

Push you? You can't even be pushed to admit that D'antoni made one single mistake in his entire tenure as a Knicks coach. If I could push you to do anything it would be that. I honestly believe this team would still be hovering around .500 if he was still here with the same personnel. You make it sound like relying on the 3, spacing, and ball movement never existed before D'Antoni. As for decision making, Woodson gets on his players about poor shot selection, MDA just said "keep shooting".

It's OK. You can keep thinking this is about MDA and what he didn't do, when that isn't what I was pointing out at all. I've made myself clear on what I think MDA did wrong, but I don't have to prove that to you, go look for it yourself.

You don't have anything to refute what i'm saying because you know it's true. Woody said himself that he was keeping a lot of what MDA was doing. We thought we'd see more posting than this, but this team has had to make use of the 3 more without STAT who Woody figured to use more in the post. Not that he was going to have STAT post exclusively, but that would have at least added another player who could go inside a bit more. We lead the league in taking 3's for a reason.

This was a GREAT win and a win that can't be tarnished in any way because of the circumstances. As I said earlier, 2nd day of a bac2bac, on the road, in Miami where they were undefeated and without Melo, STAT and Shump. NOTHING anyone can say.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

12/6/2012  11:49 PM
ActionJackson wrote:
nixluva wrote:Unless you have some kind of technical break down of how this isn't MDA's offense to share.

Uhhh, last time I checked moving the ball & hitting the "open" man was Red Holzman's offense & not MDA's...Just saying

Action,I agree and Im appalled that ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYONE would even think to bring up that smiling jackass mda in sucha important win for my Knicks. This team has got it right,they love to pass,love to defend,serious,they love each and NEVER think they are going to lose. So keep mda outta this, and I think another mention of him and the poster should be banned. This team won tonite because of WOODY and the respect this team has for him. mda jockriders STFU.

ActionJackson
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1602

12/6/2012  11:50 PM
nixluva wrote:
You don't have anything to refute what i'm saying because you know it's true.

You still have YET to refute my assertion that this is NOT Dantoni's offense but Red Holzman's!!! And I will provide ample video proof of the ball movement being reminiscent of the great 70's team & not that SSOL bullcrap

cooch2584
Member: #1187

12/6/2012  11:59 PM
ActionJackson wrote:
nixluva wrote:
You don't have anything to refute what i'm saying because you know it's true.

You still have YET to refute my assertion that this is NOT Dantoni's offense but Red Holzman's!!! And I will provide ample video proof of the ball movement being reminiscent of the great 70's team & not that SSOL bullcrap

Nix,did you forget that Woody played for Red?? What your saying makes you sound like a real ass.

GustavBahler

12/7/2012  12:00 AM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

flush

It's OK. You can keep thinking this is about MDA and what he didn't do, when that isn't what I was pointing out at all. I've made myself clear on what I think MDA did wrong, but I don't have to prove that to you, go look for it yourself.

You don't have anything to refute what i'm saying because you know it's true. Woody said himself that he was keeping a lot of what MDA was doing. We thought we'd see more posting than this, but this team has had to make use of the 3 more without STAT who Woody figured to use more in the post. Not that he was going to have STAT post exclusively, but that would have at least added another player who could go inside a bit more. We lead the league in taking 3's for a reason.

This was a GREAT win and a win that can't be tarnished in any way because of the circumstances. As I said earlier, 2nd day of a bac2bac, on the road, in Miami where they were undefeated and without Melo, STAT and Shump. NOTHING anyone can say.

I just did refute what you said. The only thing unique to D'antoni was SSOL, anything else he did was done before he ever became a coach. If it isn't SSOL, its been done before. You picked a lousy time to bring D'Antoni's name into the conversation.

Its not about him, its about Woodson. MDA failed as a tactician and a motivator, that's all I need to know about what he brought to the table. And no I'm not going to go looking for proof of you admitting a single thing he did wrong because I and others have asked you repeatedly and you never answer. If you can't bring yourself to point out what MDA did wrong in NY, as a matter of conscience, you shouldn't be bringing up his name when things are going right without him. Good night.

gunsnewing
USA
12/7/2012  12:02 AM
The reason we are taking so many threes is because we are without Amare. Play to your strengths. Nothing to do with Dantoni!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/7/2012  12:19 AM
gunsnewing wrote:The reason we are taking so many threes is because we are without Amare. Play to your strengths. Nothing to do with Dantoni!!

YOur right.

Roster is much different than a year ago.

Woodson has good things from MDA and kept some intact. Wooddson helped coach the defense last year. He improved it with the bigger bodies we have. Melo is on board and showing leadership.

Its evolution. Only a dumb man would throw out MDA's playbook. Use what works with this team.

Tonite we lived by the three. Remember this on nites it fails us.

nixluva
USA
12/7/2012  12:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2012  12:20 AM
You guys are living in denial, which is fine (not you Nalod). I don't have to have you admit the truth and I know full well that I have all the evidence I need to prove what i'm saying, so keep deluding yourselves with this talk of Bobby Knight and Red Holzman if it makes you all feel better. I have Woody's own words and tons of video to prove what i'm saying. Either way I win. The Knicks are winning and i'm right about this particular point.

It seems that for some of you your memories are a bit foggy. You don't remember what the league was like back when MDA 1st started winning with this new style of BB that no one else was really running. Yeah teams have played run n gun BB, but not in the exact way MDA ran it and at the time the league was not a running, 3pt and high rate of PnR league. If it was then no one would've made such a big deal about what he was doing in PHX.

In either event the way Woody has this team playing offense this year is great to see, but it's also a departure from what he's been known for over his coaching career. Show me the Woody teams that ran this much Spread floor, this much High PnR and this high volume of 3's before!!! The thing that I like that Woody has done is how he's used Kidd at the 2 and sometimes even Felton and Prigs or Kidd and Prigs at the same time. Woody believes in taking care of the ball and that's one way to make sure of that. He's really done a great job overall with that. It's smart since we all know Kidd and Prigs are high BB IQ players. This team shares the ball and it's wonderful to watch. Woody deserves all the accolades that are sure to come his way after this win tonight.

gunsnewing
USA
12/7/2012  12:22 AM
Dude Knicks are not chucking 3's in 7 seconds or less. They are being patient and getting great looks! They have to until Amare gets back and helps diversify the offense and kick it up a notch in time for the playoffs!
gunsnewing
USA
12/7/2012  12:31 AM
Still in shock we won this game despite the NBA doing every thing they can to ensure a Heat win
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/7/2012  12:34 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Dude Knicks are not chucking 3's in 7 seconds or less. They are being patient and getting great looks! They have to until Amare gets back and helps diversify the offense and kick it up a notch in time for the playoffs!

As long as you efG is good-no reason not to shoot the three if its a good 1. Right this isnt come down and chuck and get back. There is a great deal of passing and probing to get an open look. That is why the 4-1 set we play is tough to defend. You dont want to rely on a 3 but if its there and a good shot and you can hit it at 40% than its a good play.

RIP Crushalot😞
K22
Member: #1182
USA
12/7/2012  12:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2012  12:36 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Still in shock we won this game despite the NBA doing every thing they can to ensure a Heat win

Wait till the playoffs.

-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
Game: Knicks go to Heat cool them off nice

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy