[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game: Knicks go to Heat cool them off nice
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/6/2012  10:50 AM
I'd be very surprised if Melo sat this one out.

He always gets up for his ringed draftmates Lebron, Wade, and Bostrich.

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/6/2012  10:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  10:55 AM
MSG3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:Everyone was saying the Heat were not into the last game because of Sandy, now there is no Sandy, there is only Melo Anthony, and he is not a woman like Sandy, now we show them we are twice as for-real as we were before.

Not so fast. He'll probably not play.

Who says he probably won't play? Woody said he'd play. Melo through a little cold water on that, but was probably just being cautious. I think he'll play.

Dude, he got stitches in his hand yesterday. And you think he'll play? You're in denial. Even if he plays, you think he'll be effective? One swat of his hand by Lebron, and he'll be back on the bench.

I hear Allan Houston and Antonio McDyess are suiting up for us too.

I actually kind of hope he doesn't play. I'd love to see how the rest of the team plays with additional responsibility in a big game. But David Stern probably already threatened Dolan with a fine if they rest Melo

Wow...you're acting like stitches on a non shooting hand is a torn ACL. Remember Kidd's head needing stitched a few games back? I believe he came back that game and finished. Not saying he should play if it's risky, but I don't think I'm in denial by thinking he'll play through 5 stitches.

no, I'm not. Melo is going to be fine. Like I said, I want to see the rest of the boys face a tough test. How did they look at the end of last night's game? Of course Melo is going to play. He's not missing tonight's game - but like I said - I kind of want to test the depth of our roster out. Excuse me for wanting to see that

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/6/2012  10:58 AM
I really irks me that Miami keeps getting teams on the 2nd night of back to backs at home on national TV!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/6/2012  10:59 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:Everyone was saying the Heat were not into the last game because of Sandy, now there is no Sandy, there is only Melo Anthony, and he is not a woman like Sandy, now we show them we are twice as for-real as we were before.

Who says he probably won't play? Woody said he'd play. Melo through a little cold water on that, but was probably just being cautious. I think he'll play.

Dude, he got stitches in his hand yesterday. And you think he'll play? You're in denial. Even if he plays, you think he'll be effective? One swat of his hand by Lebron, and he'll be back on the bench.

I actually kind of hope he doesn't play. I'd love to see how the rest of the team plays with additional responsibility in a big game. But David Stern probably already threatened Dolan with a fine if they rest Melo

I want Melo to play, but I'd still find it kind of hilarious if exactly one week after Stern's hissy fit over the Spurs sitting their stars, Melo sits against Miami. Miami is as guilty as anyone to playing down to their opponent.

matt
Member: #487
USA
12/6/2012  11:01 AM

My favorite part is Pablo sneaking a slap on the ass in

MSG3
Member: #2476
USA
12/6/2012  11:10 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:

Wow...you're acting like stitches on a non shooting hand is a torn ACL. Remember Kidd's head needing stitched a few games back? I believe he came back that game and finished. Not saying he should play if it's risky, but I don't think I'm in denial by thinking he'll play through 5 stitches.

no, I'm not. Melo is going to be fine. Like I said, I want to see the rest of the boys face a tough test. How did they look at the end of last night's game? Of course Melo is going to play. He's not missing tonight's game - but like I said - I kind of want to test the depth of our roster out. Excuse me for wanting to see that

I was referring to Panos. I agree with you.

earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
12/6/2012  11:27 AM
MSG3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:

Well, generally you don't get your head swatted multiple times in a game, like you do your hand (particularly shooting/dribbling hand). And you don't jump up for rebounds and try to pin them between your head and hand, nor do you bump heads as much as hands while rebounding. In general, outside thinking, heads don't play much of a role in basketball, like hands do. But in soccer things get all switched up. I got that all from a book - "The Importance of Hands in Basketball but not in Soccer" by Ima Sureson.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/6/2012  11:30 AM
MSG3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:

We'll see. If he plays it will be minimal time, and he won't be effective.

MSG3
USA
12/6/2012  11:31 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:

Well, generally you don't get your head swatted multiple times in a game, like you do your hand (particularly shooting/dribbling hand). And you don't jump up for rebounds and try to pin them between your head and hand, nor do you bump heads as much as hands while rebounding. In general, outside thinking, heads don't play much of a role in basketball, like hands do. But in soccer things get all switched up. I got that all from a book - "The Importance of Hands in Basketball but not in Soccer" by Ima Sureson.

You're absolutely right. You don't see multiple instances of guys getting hit in the head from game to game. No risk at all of opening up a fresh wound. My mistake.....

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/6/2012  11:31 AM
5 stitches means it is a very small cut
MSG3
USA
12/6/2012  11:33 AM
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:

We'll see. If he plays it will be minimal time, and he won't be effective.

Alan Hahn tweeted something interesting. Bernard King once scored 40 with 2 dislocated fingers. Interesting how you are writing off Melo because of stitches. I agree it might limit him, as the bandage obviously limited Felton yesterday in the first half. But would it really shock you if he played well? To say that he'll definitely be ineffective if he plays seems pretty strange. But, agree to disagree.

earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
12/6/2012  11:46 AM
MSG3 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:

You're absolutely right. You don't see multiple instances of guys getting hit in the head from game to game. No risk at all of opening up a fresh wound. My mistake.....

What would affect your game more, getting knocked in the head on your stitches or on your non shooting hand (which helps guide the ball out)? Real simple observation, the hand is more important. Got that example from the book above btw...

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
MSG3
USA
12/6/2012  11:48 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:

What would affect your game more, getting knocked in the head on your stitches or on your non shooting hand (which helps guide the ball out)? Real simple observation, the hand is more important. Got that example from the book above btw...

I agree, your hand is more at risk then your head in basketball games. But I think 5 stitches to your hand and about that many to your head aren't wildly differing risk levels.

ChuckBuck
USA
12/6/2012  11:55 AM
Didn't Ray Felton just play a whole game with a bad bone bruise in his left hand?
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
12/6/2012  12:09 PM
JR's game winner on the Charlotte broadcast

I love how the announcers forget to do their job because they're so stunned.
Watching the Knicks via league pass online forces you to listen to other team's announcers sometimes and it's HILARIOUS how some of them make ZERO attempt to hide their homerism.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
ChuckBuck
USA
12/6/2012  12:12 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:JR's game winner on the Charlotte broadcast

I love how the announcers forget to do their job because they're so stunned.
Watching the Knicks via league pass online forces you to listen to other team's announcers sometimes and it's HILARIOUS how some of them make ZERO attempt to hide their homerism.

Sounds like those 2 announcers are clearly on the Somber Six payroll.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/6/2012  12:29 PM

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
12/6/2012  12:41 PM
Time for the Knicks to take it to the Heat. I'm hearing that Melo will be playing. We need all hands on deck, because Lebron and them are still dealing with the bad taste in their mouths after losing to Washington (LMAOOO!).

Whatever. If the Knicks are to be taken seriously as a Championship contender, then that statement is made in games like tonight's. Let's got the job done tonight, Knicks!

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/6/2012  12:57 PM
Heat coming off a bad loss to Wash and after we beat them opening day and its 2nd of a b2b Im pretty sure the Knicks get spanked in this game and the reserves play the 4th qtr.

Based on the conditions of this game Im not putting much into it. If KNicks find a way to win hey.. that will be epic, if they lose its the nature of the NBA and this silly 82 game schedule. Flush it and move onto the next game.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/6/2012  1:51 PM
One game at a time. The time is now, today. Ring, ring: this is destiny calling.

I find it interesting that most of the same people who point out how silly the 82 game regular season is, have no problem with 162 game death march of organized boredom that MLB represents. Not that that's you fish, just wanted to point it out as my pet quirk on the general perception of talk radio in the greater NY area. I'm a homer about the NBA, too.

People were freaking out on the board last season about one loss to Cleveland. Effing CLEVELAND!!!!

Melo smelling his own adrenalin from the pain. JR staying focused. Woody grimly determined to keep things under control. Novak hits 5 tonight! Tyson with uncontested hook shots!

There will be blood tonight!

Beat the Men in Black.

Game: Knicks go to Heat cool them off nice

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy