Briggs... DA loves your guy
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/25/2004  3:52 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=4996

Fernando (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil): Is Rafael Araujo for real?

David Aldridge: (2:45 PM ET ) Forgive me; you're talking about the kid from BYU? I love him! I think he's going to be a big-time pro.

Between injuries and inconsistant play despite winning 7 of their last 11 its hard to say anything good about the Knicks right now, or what they have to offer.. but the KT for Rose rumor says he wants in the draft.

KT actually makes a lot of sense for a team like Utah, straight up for their #1. Maybe we give them our #2's or something. Utah had 4... thats right 4 players under contract next year. After the Malone incident its not going to be FA hotbad (not like it was before).

Kurt fits nicely because he's a tough blue collar player (Sloan likes that) and he would move AK-47 to his natural spot at the 3. Harping is a little big for the 2 but KT looks like a good fit. I would think our #2's would actually have a little value considering how hard it will be for them just to get warm bodies.

Just a thought... this isnt that bad (considering they would still be $20 mill under the cap and then some). They might be the first team that has a hard time making the minimum.

pg Arroyo
sg Harpring
sf Kirlenko
pf Thomas
c Borchardt

Either we could get our pick back or their (both around 15-18). If we cant get Araujo maybe Hakeem Warrick could give us that 2/3/4 swing player that can just give great energy, rebound, get garbage points and gives us a LONG player.

Thoughts?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/25/2004  4:05 PM
Posted by fishmike:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=4996

Fernando (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil): Is Rafael Araujo for real?

David Aldridge: (2:45 PM ET ) Forgive me; you're talking about the kid from BYU? I love him! I think he's going to be a big-time pro.

Between injuries and inconsistant play despite winning 7 of their last 11 its hard to say anything good about the Knicks right now, or what they have to offer.. but the KT for Rose rumor says he wants in the draft.

KT actually makes a lot of sense for a team like Utah, straight up for their #1. Maybe we give them our #2's or something. Utah had 4... thats right 4 players under contract next year. After the Malone incident its not going to be FA hotbad (not like it was before).

Kurt fits nicely because he's a tough blue collar player (Sloan likes that) and he would move AK-47 to his natural spot at the 3. Harping is a little big for the 2 but KT looks like a good fit. I would think our #2's would actually have a little value considering how hard it will be for them just to get warm bodies.

Just a thought... this isnt that bad (considering they would still be $20 mill under the cap and then some). They might be the first team that has a hard time making the minimum.

pg Arroyo
sg Harpring
sf Kirlenko
pf Thomas
c Borchardt

Either we could get our pick back or their (both around 15-18). If we cant get Araujo maybe Hakeem Warrick could give us that 2/3/4 swing player that can just give great energy, rebound, get garbage points and gives us a LONG player.

Thoughts?

i find it tough to believe utah trading for a mediocre PF that's getting 7 mil per. especially for a 1st round pick. BUT, you're right, they need to meet the minimum and he would be a good fit. i hope they can move kurt - he's such a SCRUB.

warrick would be great here. the best thing is that he will develop here. we've wasted so many drafts over the years. with isiah, it'll be a useful tool.

as for araujo - he's big and strong but seems very slow. he was huffing and puffing running up and down the court. i see jake tsakalidis part 2 with him.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/25/2004  5:50 PM
it will not be easy getting any pick. put it this way, what would you rather have a 6-11 mobile agile Brad Miller type C with more strength that is only guaranteed 1mm+ a year for 4 years at 23 years old or 32 year old KT for 30mm for the same? if i was building a team, im trying to get 6-8 guys around the same age to grow together and sprinkle in some vets, but not one's that make 7.5mm
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
3/25/2004  6:02 PM
under normal circumstances your logic is a no brainer.. keep this in mind though, Utah has about $9 mill an salaries for next year. If they draft 2 #1s which they have that will bring it to about $12 mill. What are they going to do? Resign Raja Bell for $10 mill a year? Kurt is a little pricey but he's a good veteran fit and the kind of player Sloan likes... heck I would think middle rung FAs would rather got to Atl or Cha than Utah.

Think about it... who is Utah signing? Kobe, Raweed, Richardson.. no no no. Dampier? Already said he wants to go East, but I suppose thats possible. I think Utah needs warm bodies more than anything else. I dont want to give up Frank because I think he's worth more (to us) that the pick we used on him... but I would include our #2's which Utah could use to get a SG and backup PG that might actually make the roster.
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
3/26/2004  5:56 PM
If Utah only has 4 guys under contract. How are they matching money for KT? And even if they did why would they want him? Utah is gonna be a big FA player. Guys like Q-Rich,Crawford even K-Mart are gonna wanna get paid and Utah will pay them..

Off Topic-Dampier gonna sign with Hawks.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/26/2004  5:58 PM
Posted by MX25:

If Utah only has 4 guys under contract. How are they matching money for KT?

I think since Utah has the cap space they wouldn't need to match salaries. Can't say why they would want KT though.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
fishmike
USA
3/26/2004  8:24 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by MX25:

If Utah only has 4 guys under contract. How are they matching money for KT?

I think since Utah has the cap space they wouldn't need to match salaries. Can't say why they would want KT though.
KT is actually a good fit for what they do. Also... as far as KMart or anyone else who is going there? Even if they can get one max FA they still desperatly need bodies. Plus that #1 isnt that good.. we are talking 14-18 range... plus they have 2 around there. Frank and both our #2's could easily get one of the #1s.. I'm looking for Araujo or Hakeem Warrik.. two guys that really fill needs. If one of those two arent on the board I will probably just stay put.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/26/2004  10:22 PM
I believe that Isiah wouldn't have signed KT if he didn't know he could trade him.
Briggs... DA loves your guy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy