[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rahim watch
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/25/2004  10:21 AM
Portland just won a nail bitter and they showed the Portland bench after Damon scored the winner and Rahim was the only on not jumming around. He wasn't even smiling.

He wants to play! I'd love to turn KT into Rahim and have Sweetney coming off the bench.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/25/2004  10:37 AM
he's probably not as bad as I say he is or as good as BRIGGS says he his.. most likely in between somewhere. I dont really see the point in getting him unless we got Ratliff too, because what he does is more important. There's a reason Rahim sits now... he doesnt create, he doesnt play D. Blazers would rather go with Patterson at the 3 than get Rahim minutes there.

Portland's besst bet is to trade him to the Bulls for a couple expiring deals and their #1. Something like that...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/25/2004  10:41 AM
Rahim is in a tough spot because he is behind Zach. He's a starter who needs starter minutes, but his salary position will make him a hot commodity. we dont have anything that would get us rahim and at this point we need to look at an anchor player in the middle as a main priority. we have many needs, but size in the middle can hide defenciencies it's not going to be a 1 year process, but if we can get 3 players

a young C
a young wing guard
a young reliable BPG[who knows with FW right??]

then it will be a successful offseason. Demarr johnson has his opportunities right now--he has to show something other than whipping up 3 balls. some nights they go in some nights they dont thats why he needs to be a pentetrator first if he cant move on.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/25/2004  11:16 AM
Rahim should be our priority behind Rashweed.

Zach is the starter, and getting Raheem is to trade later. He needs minutes.

Demarr is doing well given his rust. I like him as a project and perhaps with a summer of hard work can continue to make progress.
fishmike
USA
3/25/2004  11:34 AM
I'm not worried about a backup PG because Frank fairly won the starting juob this year. 5 games later he has a groin pull, the Knicks get Marbury and his mother dies. All he needs is time to me.. he's also a good defensive player.

I think we need a defensive center. I would have loved Ratliff. I'm willing to wait to see how Sweentey's scoring in the post develops. A young center would be nice, but I think we have to wait a year for an upgrade to the wing players because of Penny and Shandon's contracts.
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/25/2004  11:39 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I'm not worried about a backup PG because Frank fairly won the starting juob this year. 5 games later he has a groin pull, the Knicks get Marbury and his mother dies. All he needs is time to me.. he's also a good defensive player.

I think we need a defensive center. I would have loved Ratliff. I'm willing to wait to see how Sweentey's scoring in the post develops. A young center would be nice, but I think we have to wait a year for an upgrade to the wing players because of Penny and Shandon's contracts.

young center... james lang...
fishmike
USA
3/25/2004  12:28 PM
James Lang is 6'8.. 6'9 at best. Granted his 7'6 wingspan makes him much longer than most his height but still. The kid briggs likes is perfect... Rafael Araujo, even if he doesnt pan out. I love the idea of inviting Lang to camp, letting him work with Aguire who would be a good evalutator of this guy and go from there. James Lang is just a suggestion because thats the kind of options we have.. being as how we have no pick to trade, and cant trade next years.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/25/2004  1:12 PM
well, i don't believe we have realistic chances for either guy. CTC is going to take >5mm and he looks like he found a nice niche there. i have to wonder what we will do. i can see isiah going after guys like mike finley[mavs have howard and daniels up and coming+cheap and no injuries] we'll have to see--i still think this guy will cater towards the vet player i think it is possible he would even give up sweetney to get something like that--we may have gotten younger in some respects but i think they will do everything they can to find shortcuts
rahim is impossible because he is an ending contract with huge talent

CTC isnt going to leave 8mm per on the table. heck he might get a big contract offer from denver for 2-3 years at something like 15 mm per that would be impossible to pass up. ny wouldve been a player if rasheed completely blew a gasket, but just the opposite has occured. i still dont think he is that great at all, rather he fits in with ben wallace very well
RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree

3/25/2004  4:07 PM
Posted by fishmike:

. I dont really see the point in getting him unless we got Ratliff too, because what he does is more important.

So if the Knicks get a big guy that can play D because that's more important....who is gonna score. When it comes down to it....you have to put the ball in the basket. Ratlif can block all the shots he wants but he can't stop guys from getting 20 against his team on the inside. I'd rather have Rahim.

There are plenty of players that "can't play D" but then when they play under a coach that has a good defensive scheme all of a sudden the guy plays good D. The only player that I ever heard say he doesn't play defense is Big Dog Robinson. That is real rare....Rahim plays D, and he would play it for the Knicks.

I'm just posting about Rahim to annoy the board. It's a hot topic, cuz he's very available. Ratliff isn't.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

3/25/2004  4:15 PM
Young Center?

Who? The whole league wants to get a young center that can actually play.

I believe we have one in Nazr Mohammed. He doesn't block alot of shots or scores alot but he's more than servicable. The last month he's had 3 bad games because of injury or foul trouble. Scratch those gmaes out and he's averaging 14pts and 10 rebounds and 1 block. Add those games in and the stats look like 12,8 and 1. Who can the Knicks get that's better?

That's what makes that KVH for TT and Nar so brilliant cuz TT does the same things and fits better....we basically got Nazr free. Nazr is our center....he's our young center. He's already proved his worth. Now the Knicks need to focus on gettign a post threat and some insurance to back up Houston and TT.

[Edited by - enyspree on 03/25/2004 16:24:25]
fishmike
USA
3/25/2004  4:58 PM
"So if the Knicks get a big guy that can play D because that's more important....who is gonna score. When it comes down to it....you have to put the ball in the basket."

Its MUCH easier to get a guy like Juwan Howard then a guy like Ben Wallace... maybe thats a bad comparison but tons of guys can score. Not everyone can play great D at the center spot.

Tim Thomas, Marbury, Houston (even at 25-30 minutes a game)... heck, even Vin Baker. When *half* our guys are healthy we can score just fine. Frank's shown he can score also.

My point was Rahim is a 20/8 career guy while Ratliff isnt close to double figures in anything.. yet look at the difference in impact. So much for Ratliff (6'10) being too small to play with the bigs of the West.
EnySpree

3/25/2004  5:42 PM
Posted by fishmike:

"So if the Knicks get a big guy that can play D because that's more important....who is gonna score. When it comes down to it....you have to put the ball in the basket."

Its MUCH easier to get a guy like Juwan Howard then a guy like Ben Wallace... maybe thats a bad comparison but tons of guys can score. Not everyone can play great D at the center spot.

Tim Thomas, Marbury, Houston (even at 25-30 minutes a game)... heck, even Vin Baker. When *half* our guys are healthy we can score just fine. Frank's shown he can score also.

My point was Rahim is a 20/8 career guy while Ratliff isnt close to double figures in anything.. yet look at the difference in impact. So much for Ratliff (6'10) being too small to play with the bigs of the West.

I feel you....

Dampier(sp?) is about the best out there as far as inside presence. He blocks shots and rebounds well. When his rumors came up about his availability I had to laugh cuz with his numbers he would have been an all-star in the east. I can't see GS trading him.
Rahim watch

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy