[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lets talk about tweeking the flopping rule.
Author Thread
cooch2584
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1187

11/30/2012  9:16 AM
The way the rule stands now its inefficent and doesnt do enuff to penalize the flopper and the floppers team. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/30/2012  10:47 AM
Each arena should have some type of proximity scanning camera thing that would automatically sense and replay the flop clearly on the jumbotron (preferably in HD) while the entire arena lights up in pink lights with the word FLOP! being played insanely loud.

Let's see LeQ and Blake and KG live through that a few times a week. Live. While the game is on. Egos at this level would be the best method of enforcement. Then levy the meaningless fines after the films are reviewed. Maybe to benefit breast cancer research.

They're giving out fucking traffic tickets using video, you trying to tell me Stern can't shell out some shekels to make this work? You're going to pass laws, you need to think about how you're going to enforce them first.

Actually, i really don't care.

cooch2584

11/30/2012  3:12 PM
OOOOOKKKK??
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

11/30/2012  5:19 PM
Flopping is an art and a part of the sport, I think what we have now is fine: if it's an obvious flop without contact, then you should be punished. But if there is contact and you maybe try to draw attention to it a little, because there is so much going on in a game the refs will miss it if you don't point it out, then this is fine, I have no problem with this type of flopping.
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
cooch2584

11/30/2012  9:51 PM
All flopping is illegal. It mars the game and makes a mockery of the game and the refs.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/30/2012  11:12 PM
cooch2584 wrote:All flopping is illegal. It mars the game and makes a mockery of the game and the refs.
similar to stars getting calls that scrubs/rooks don't, it appears flopping calls are called on lesser guys like Reggie Evans. Love Evans game but the flopper that I want to be called to the carpet is lbj. Guy is a house and falls like a sequoia when a slight breeze comes his way.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
cooch2584

12/1/2012  8:30 AM
I agree 1000%
IronWillGiroud

12/2/2012  3:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2012  3:13 AM
You gotta be kidding me, this is Evans a few weeks ago:

We can consider this a "no contact" flop because there was no contact which would have led to his body going horizontal. The reaction in a good flop has to be consistent with the contact, you can't move unnaturally.

Evans got the fine because he flopped like a fish not because he is a little fish!

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
IronWillGiroud

12/2/2012  3:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2012  3:16 AM
I just flopped the other day in a game and got the call, no one could tell the difference. My flop was consistent with the mechanics of the contact, a fat guy bumped me out of bounds under the basket. I knew there was going to be contact from his stomach, so I sold the contact when it came. I didn't lie, I just drew attention to the foul.

Sometimes a foul won't be called because the guy getting fouled can take the hit and not appear fouled, but it's still a foul.

What Reggie Evans did is the flopping we're concerned with, with the flopping the NBA is concerned with. It's not the crafty flopping but the ridiculous stuff! You can't just fall like you've been shot for no reason!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/3/2012  7:54 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:Flopping is an art and a part of the sport, I think what we have now is fine: if it's an obvious flop without contact, then you should be punished. But if there is contact and you maybe try to draw attention to it a little, because there is so much going on in a game the refs will miss it if you don't point it out, then this is fine, I have no problem with this type of flopping.

Maybe, like I said, a huge pink light can go on to also alert the refs to any possible contact. If you have to spend time thinking about how to draw attention to yourself during a basketball game, I pity you. And your game.

Hey, what about bringing in some World Cup soccer guys as flopping consultants? Maybe every team in the NBA should go through flop camp?

IronWillGiroud

12/3/2012  7:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2012  8:02 AM
jrodmc wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:Flopping is an art and a part of the sport, I think what we have now is fine: if it's an obvious flop without contact, then you should be punished. But if there is contact and you maybe try to draw attention to it a little, because there is so much going on in a game the refs will miss it if you don't point it out, then this is fine, I have no problem with this type of flopping.

Maybe, like I said, a huge pink light can go on to also alert the refs to any possible contact. If you have to spend time thinking about how to draw attention to yourself during a basketball game, I pity you. And your game.

Hey, what about bringing in some World Cup soccer guys as flopping consultants? Maybe every team in the NBA should go through flop camp?

I don't know how much thinking is really invovled in it, it happens so fast, like an instinct. If you're legitametly fouled and the only way to get a foul called is to fall to the ground, then that's what you have to do, because otherwise the foul won't be called!! There is honest flopping and dirty flopping.

IronWillGiroud

12/3/2012  8:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2012  8:14 AM
If everyone flopped we wouldn't need refs. Because if you only flop when you've been legitametly fouled, that's like calling your own foul. No one really flops if they have the advantage on the play because they can score an easy one, and you would always rather score than fall. It's like a system for self-regulating in basketball.
Lets talk about tweeking the flopping rule.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy