[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Why would Rondo get an extended vacation?
Author Thread
cooch2584
Posts: 21361
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

11/29/2012  9:35 AM
Look Im a die hard Knicks fan from way back(1966) and a devote celtic hater from then also. But looking at the replay of the fight, the follow thru on the foul by humperies on kg, and the tense situation, why is a big suspension looming for rondo? IMHO rondo was protecting kg and if thats wrong theres something wrong with the NBA. Seems funny how they come up with a lame way to handle the flopping situation ( whats 5k or 10k to these players) when the players doing the flopping is making millions? But they cant come up with a way to justify one players protecting his teammate? Im gonna be real pissed off if, in the playoffs bron,wade,any player takes a flop that decides the outcome of a game. IMHO when a player flops there hasta be an immediate penalty that impacts the game.
AUTOADVERT
cooch2584
Posts: 21361
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

11/29/2012  9:43 AM
Sorry people but I forgot to put OT before my post. Could someone please make the correction? Thanks in advance for the correction.
Swishfm3
Posts: 22591
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2003
Member: #392
11/29/2012  9:46 AM
I agree..Flop penalty should be met with suspensions and not fines...shoot...if I'm a Coach, and one of my players received a fine from an obvious flop that gave us the ball or a couple of free throws in a close game, I'm paying it for him!

As far as Rondo...he should get, at max, 2 games. Anything more than that would be ridiculous.

Panos
Posts: 26856
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/6/2004
Member: #520
11/29/2012  9:48 AM
Defending KG? Against what? Was Humphries attacking KG?
It was a bull**** overreaction. I don't even think Humphries deserved to be ejected, or even a technical foul. It was not even a hard hit.
Rondo, KG and the Celtics can go to hell.
cooch2584
Posts: 21361
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

11/29/2012  9:49 AM
Swish, I agree,2 games max,not the 5 or 10 games being talked about. And if Im a coach Id have a designated flopper on my team to draw flopping fouls.
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
11/29/2012  9:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2012  9:52 AM
Panos wrote:Defending KG? Against what? Was Humphries attacking KG?
It was a bull**** overreaction. I don't even think Humphries deserved to be ejected, or even a technical foul. It was not even a hard hit.
Rondo, KG and the Celtics can go to hell.

it was, there was no hard foul.. rondo just went way overboard and humphries should have body slammed him honestly....

it is easy to hate the celts, but they are a good, veteran bunch, unfortunately they will have a lot to say about the east as the season goes on....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Andrew
Posts: 26493
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #1
USA
11/29/2012  9:51 AM
To me it didn't even look like a hard foul. KG was falling away off balance to begin with. Did the refs call it a flagrant?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
cooch2584
Posts: 21361
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

11/29/2012  9:51 AM
Panos, so you dont think hump intentionally followed thru with intent to hurt kg? Come on man I hate the celtics too but it was a dirty play by hump.
Andrew
Posts: 26493
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #1
USA
11/29/2012  9:55 AM
If Rondo gets a major penalty, its going to be because he escalated it into the fans.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
Posts: 26493
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #1
USA
11/29/2012  9:58 AM
cooch2584 wrote:Panos, so you dont think hump intentionally followed thru with intent to hurt kg? Come on man I hate the celtics too but it was a dirty play by hump.

If that's hump trying to hurt someone I feel bad for him.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
MinsHeartsReezy
Posts: 20766
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/12/2005
Member: #872
USA
11/29/2012  10:32 AM
Andrew wrote:If Rondo gets a major penalty, its going to be because he escalated it into the fans.

Agreed, there were at least 4 children sitting baseline immediately next to where the fight occurred.

I think Kris fouled rondo pretty hard just a few minutes before too and the tension was already building for a while.

Swishfm3
Posts: 22591
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2003
Member: #392
11/29/2012  10:51 AM
Panos wrote:Defending KG? Against what? Was Humphries attacking KG?
It was a bull**** overreaction. I don't even think Humphries deserved to be ejected, or even a technical foul. It was not even a hard hit.
Rondo, KG and the Celtics can go to hell.

I agree with the board...I don't think it was intentional. With that said, I dont think K.Humphries should be suspended at all...he was, afterall, defending himself and that shouldn't be a crime.

Nalod
Posts: 54087
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
11/29/2012  11:07 AM
Celts dish it out and talk it up pretty good. Nets were not backing down and when that id did not happan it was Rondo that took it too far.

Celts are an emotional bunch lead by the the loony KG. Rondo is a brain dead tree frog (albiet a talented one!) who bought into the freenzy and reacted as such.

Hump Kardasian inflicted a hard foul on KG. KG is a big boy now and respects a hard foul. KG tried intimidation an its usually effective. Nets are feeling pretty good about themselves.

Celts got BroPez in foul trouble (10 rebs in just 17 min!)and was playing at home trying to get this game. I hate then men in green but respect their loony tunes way and intensity.

Rondo is an idiot and has aways been. Surrounded by type "A" leadership he has done very well but we all know he has issues (which doc and the celts have done very well to keep in house and still played well). I know we passed on this kid back in the draft and think he would not have done well in NY given our coaching turnstile and change of philosophies. Rondo has had a great team around him. Its been reported a few times the Celts tried to trade him before but even with a reasonable contract nobody wants him to QB thier team. Ray Allen is reported to have had problems with him on the court.

I agree, Rondo took it to the next level and in the stands. He should chill.

Anger sells, don't buy!
cooch2584
Posts: 21361
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

11/29/2012  11:20 AM
Ok I can see all your points and Andrew I do think thats humps hardest foul. Hes a wuss and the players know it. I bet his ex hits harder than him.LOL
cooch2584
Posts: 21361
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

11/29/2012  11:21 AM
I know we beat the crap outta the flopping thing but while we are talking here, shouldnt there be an immediate penalty on a flop in game?
cooch2584
Posts: 21361
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

11/29/2012  11:28 AM
Just a forinstance here,its the ECF heat and Knicks game 7,close game, one min left in the game tied score,lewuss comes upcourt and flops and goes to the line for 2 shots. Knicks end up losing because of those 2 points,what do you think?
MinsHeartsReezy
Posts: 20766
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/12/2005
Member: #872
USA
11/29/2012  12:11 PM

cooch2584 wrote:Just a forinstance here,its the ECF heat and Knicks game 7,close game, one min left in the game tied score,lewuss comes upcourt and flops and goes to the line for 2 shots. Knicks end up losing because of those 2 points,what do you think?

It's easier said than done. 3 refs are monitoring 10 guys with only the aid of their eyes. If they see flailing they'll be baited into calling it. In the last 2 minutes they can review film for a number of reasons but flopping is not one of them. And the flopping rules also differentiate between an all out flop and an exaggeration of contact so I think that's something that's hard to determine in-game unless it's something ridiculous like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foaPMZxtzx4

But I agree, if a player does something like the above to cheat at the end of the game I would favor a suspension or an ejection from the game. But it's a slippery slope unless it's something very blatant.

Also, over 82 games, I think the thought is that once you identify the repeat offenders they're going to have a target on them and they will be called out much quicker and the fines will add up to the eventual suspension because now they are officially acknowledged as a flopper. What was frustrating before was that you had a situation where ppl were getting away with it without any sort of acknowledgement or penalty whatsoever. It's one thing to be accused of flopping but, when you're fined, you now have that label and that should deter others from following suit. I'd be so embarrassed if I were Evans right now. What I hope to see is the rule fairly applied whether it's a role player or LBJ though. No self-respecting person would want to be the poster child for flopping.

DurzoBlint
Posts: 23067
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 7/10/2006
Member: #1152
USA
11/29/2012  12:34 PM
cooch2584 wrote:Look Im a die hard Knicks fan from way back(1966) and a devote celtic hater from then also. But looking at the replay of the fight, the follow thru on the foul by humperies on kg, and the tense situation, why is a big suspension looming for rondo? IMHO rondo was protecting kg and if thats wrong theres something wrong with the NBA. Seems funny how they come up with a lame way to handle the flopping situation ( whats 5k or 10k to these players) when the players doing the flopping is making millions? But they cant come up with a way to justify one players protecting his teammate? Im gonna be real pissed off if, in the playoffs bron,wade,any player takes a flop that decides the outcome of a game. IMHO when a player flops there hasta be an immediate penalty that impacts the game.

it wasn't even really a hard foul. If you watch the video, it was the angle KG jumped that caused him to fall which he exaggerated. Rondo tried to take Humps eyes out and its reported that he has scratches on his face and around his neck. Rondo went for the face clawing like a little girl.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
DurzoBlint
Posts: 23067
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 7/10/2006
Member: #1152
USA
11/29/2012  12:34 PM
Panos wrote:Defending KG? Against what? Was Humphries attacking KG?
It was a bull**** overreaction. I don't even think Humphries deserved to be ejected, or even a technical foul. It was not even a hard hit.
Rondo, KG and the Celtics can go to hell.

They did Hump wrong.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
cooch2584
Posts: 21361
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

11/29/2012  1:12 PM
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:Just a forinstance here,its the ECF heat and Knicks game 7,close game, one min left in the game tied score,lewuss comes upcourt and flops and goes to the line for 2 shots. Knicks end up losing because of those 2 points,what do you think?

It's easier said than done. 3 refs are monitoring 10 guys with only the aid of their eyes. If they see flailing they'll be baited into calling it. In the last 2 minutes they can review film for a number of reasons but flopping is not one of them. And the flopping rules also differentiate between an all out flop and an exaggeration of contact so I think that's something that's hard to determine in-game unless it's something ridiculous like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foaPMZxtzx4

But I agree, if a player does something like the above to cheat at the end of the game I would favor a suspension or an ejection from the game. But it's a slippery slope unless it's something very blatant.

Also, over 82 games, I think the thought is that once you identify the repeat offenders they're going to have a target on them and they will be called out much quicker and the fines will add up to the eventual suspension because now they are officially acknowledged as a flopper. What was frustrating before was that you had a situation where ppl were getting away with it without any sort of acknowledgement or penalty whatsoever. It's one thing to be accused of flopping but, when you're fined, you now have that label and that should deter others from following suit. I'd be so embarrassed if I were Evans right now. What I hope to see is the rule fairly applied whether it's a role player or LBJ though. No self-respecting person would want to be the poster child for flopping.

IMHO fair application of the rule aint happening.

OT: Why would Rondo get an extended vacation?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.