[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks are lucky
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/25/2004  8:55 AM
How do we continue to stuggle but still keep out 7th spot in the playoffs?

The Grizzlies showed the Knicks that they are just playin themselves. Yeah the Knicks will make the playoffs....and then lose. Hubie got that team pouncing. They have at least 8 legit scorers on there team. Everyone is running up the court too. Knicks will never beat a team like that unless they fill the roster. Yeah the Knicks lost Houston and Tim Thomas.....that's the problem. Once the Knicks lose one of their most important guys the season is over....

That is no way to play basketball. Knicks need players that is they had to start over a strech of time like this season the Knick won't miss a beat.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/25/2004  9:43 AM

The logo has proven again he is the master. In two years he turned a joke of a franchise into serious contender with nice trades and signings. Nothing dramatic, but a tweak here and there really adds up and magnifys the small things into great ones.

I like the old school approach hubie brings, and I know Isiah wants Lenny to deliver.
EnySpree

3/25/2004  10:18 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I like the old school approach hubie brings, and I know Isiah wants Lenny to deliver.

It's not Lenny. Lenny to me has been making the propper decisions as far as coaching. That means nothing if you don't have players that could step in for starters and still give the Knicks a chance to win.

Tim and Houston are out. Who do we have to start for them? Penny and Shandon. Memphis is a lock for the playoffs with a 45-26 record. They had Posey and Mike Miller at the 3 and 2. Neither player played over 30 minutes and they both scored double figures.

Who's on Memphis' bench? Battier, and Bonzi Wells. Wow....Bonzi played less than 30 and got double figures and Battier got 8pts in 21 min.

My point is if Posey and Miller go down Memphis has guys off the bench that will make it seem like the team is still at full force.

Memphis has White Chocolate but they also have Watson that is just as dangerous. They got Pau and Swift is on the bench.

Knicks gotta get to the point where they have players that can spot start and still put the Knicks in a good chance to win the game.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
3/25/2004  9:34 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

How do we continue to stuggle but still keep out 7th spot in the playoffs?

The Grizzlies showed the Knicks that they are just playin themselves. Yeah the Knicks will make the playoffs....and then lose. Hubie got that team pouncing. They have at least 8 legit scorers on there team. Everyone is running up the court too. Knicks will never beat a team like that unless they fill the roster. Yeah the Knicks lost Houston and Tim Thomas.....that's the problem. Once the Knicks lose one of their most important guys the season is over....

That is no way to play basketball. Knicks need players that is they had to start over a strech of time like this season the Knick won't miss a beat.
Thomas and Houston are the 2nd and 3rd scoring options on the Knicks. When you take the 2nd and 3rd scoring options away from any team, it is gonna be hard to score points. Thats exactly whats happening with us. We have a deep bench, but a sick team. When I say sick, I mean literally. Once Mutombo and Frankie come back our bench will be better. Plus, I think the Knicks can still win even without Houston or Thomas. Without both of them however, they have no shot at advancing in the playoffs. If this team gets healthy for the playoffs, they can beat anyone in the East.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
EnySpree

3/25/2004  10:25 PM
I feel you man...I was mad when I started that post. I'm sick of Shandon. He does just as many things wrong as he does good. He's the type to throw an alley-oop to Kurt Thomas on a fast break when the Knicks are tryin to go on a run. Or he'll blow a wide open lay-up. Poor shot selection.
He just sucks. I'm sick of him. You know Isiah is sick of him too. I expect him to be gone by next season.

I can't wait till next year sometimes you know. All this playoff stuff is not deserved. Like you said if the Knicks get healty by the end of the season maybe the Knicks pull a 1999. Oh brother....
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/25/2004  11:26 PM
sup spree: I agree but we must remember that layden filled this team with a bunch of scrubs, and zeke has been slowly weeding them out, we now have some players that can play, Steph, TT, naz, penny to add to Houston and KT(who acts like a scrub most of the time). The knicks are collecting some players who can actually play, I mean dribble, shoot, pass, and I think Demarr and sweetney along with frankie are going to be some nice young players, but it takes time, layden didn't have a clue or a plan of developing players, for christ sakes, he drafted Sweetney, and lampe and let them rot on the bench, he basically devalued lampe to the point that even zeke didn't see any value in him, and sweetney is getting a shot because he was a lottery pick and a big investment for the knicks, now we see that the kid can play. We will get to where the Grizzlies are now(funny isn't it, we are now striving to be like the grizzlies, a team that won 25 games last year..LOL) anyway, we are headed in the right direction, it just takes some time undoing layden's mess, I mean shandon Anderson, othella, and even KT are guys on my list to get rid of, they weaken our bench, espeically anderson and when he starts he just kills this team, he is a bum..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
3/26/2004  12:04 AM
We scored 97 pts, the problem was giving up well over a 100. You don't need star players to play D. In fact, w/out Houston and Thomas the D should have been better. The team just used their absance as an excuse not to perform and play hard. Which is a direct knock on the coach and their heart.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
EnySpree

3/26/2004  12:26 AM
I see what you talkign about but a team like the Grizz have players that play only 25 per and they are constantly coming at you. The Knicks shut down just as soon as some dudes get hurt. Penny is playing like he was never an all-star in the league. He has no confidence scoring the ball.

I don't play ball like I did when i was 16 but I can still score when I need to with good competition. It's annoying. Shandon is a bum. He gets mad when they bench him but then he doesn't produce when the team truly needs him. He's about the dumbest player out there.

It's just frustrating. I want the Knicks to win so bad....it's not coaching....Lenny is not Don Chaney. Chaney was playing zone against the best jump shooting team in the league. Chaney proved he was an idiot. Lenny has been doing his thing. You still need the players to believe in themselves. If the Knicks had players that believed they could score then the Knicks would make the effort to play defense. Defense becomes a chore if you can't score on the other end.

That's no way to play basketball. It's like a park mentallity if you get the feeling your team ain't gonna win you don't get back on D. But if you scoring all of a sudden you chasing cats full court. same stuff in the NBA I would assume.

[Edited by - enyspree on 03/26/2004 00:28:03]
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
3/26/2004  1:57 AM
Posted by tkf:

sup spree: I agree but we must remember that layden filled this team with a bunch of scrubs, and zeke has been slowly weeding them out, we now have some players that can play, Steph, TT, naz, penny to add to Houston and KT(who acts like a scrub most of the time). The knicks are collecting some players who can actually play, I mean dribble, shoot, pass, and I think Demarr and sweetney along with frankie are going to be some nice young players, but it takes time, layden didn't have a clue or a plan of developing players, for christ sakes, he drafted Sweetney, and lampe and let them rot on the bench, he basically devalued lampe to the point that even zeke didn't see any value in him, and sweetney is getting a shot because he was a lottery pick and a big investment for the knicks, now we see that the kid can play. We will get to where the Grizzlies are now(funny isn't it, we are now striving to be like the grizzlies, a team that won 25 games last year..LOL) anyway, we are headed in the right direction, it just takes some time undoing layden's mess, I mean shandon Anderson, othella, and even KT are guys on my list to get rid of, they weaken our bench, espeically anderson and when he starts he just kills this team, he is a bum..

I hear you.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
3/26/2004  12:29 PM
Very ture about the park mentality, but this is the f**ing NBA. It arent a playground. These ass**holes get mad dough to play hard every night no matter what. And I always hated when people stopped playin once they thought the teams were "a kill" in the park too. You always knew who was gonna beach too, same crybabids every time. I guess we are stuck with a bunch of those on the team. Too bad we can't just keep em our of the pickup game next time and pick somebody else lo.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Knicks are lucky

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy