[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Trouble brewing in L.A.?
Author Thread
Uptown
Posts: 26284
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

11/24/2012  10:12 AM
Caught the tail end of the Laker/Grizz game aswell as some post game stuff and it got a little ugly. Kobe was totally unsportsman-like when he walked off the court with 10 seconds left in the game. The look on Dwight Howards face was priceless as he watched Kobe.

Gasol got benched in the 4th Q. After the game, Gasol said he's not getting any touches close to the rim and that needs to be fixed. Dwight has scored 7 pts in back to back games and I'm certain he;s not happy right now. Nash is coming back soon and it should help, but things are not looking good right now.

AUTOADVERT
AnubisADL
Posts: 27382
Alba Posts: 13
Joined: 6/29/2009
Member: #2771
USA
11/24/2012  10:45 AM
Im loving it. D'Antoni at it again.

Hope Dwight leaves LA this summer too.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
earthmansurfer
Posts: 24005
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/26/2005
Member: #858
Germany
11/24/2012  10:50 AM
Yeah, it is fun watching LA lose. Nothing against D'Antoni though as I had fun watching his offense in years past. I still don't think he is a great fit there but maybe Nash can work some magic, first he needs to work some healing magic...
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Bonn1997
Posts: 58317
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
11/24/2012  10:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/24/2012  10:55 AM
AnubisADL wrote:Im loving it. D'Antoni at it again.

Hope Dwight leaves LA this summer too.


They were bad before MDA joined. They look like they have the perfect roster...for 2008. Their only hope is that Nash comes back healthy and plays at an MVP level.
NUPE
Posts: 21221
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/29/2012
Member: #4205

11/24/2012  10:59 AM
Dantoni is not a coach to be relied upon when your strength is big men with back to the basket games. That is my opinion. Dantoni never worked with Amare or Gallo on low post development, to my knowledge. Dantoni simply does not value low post play or running offense out of the low post.
AnubisADL
Posts: 27382
Alba Posts: 13
Joined: 6/29/2009
Member: #2771
USA
11/24/2012  11:02 AM
Wonder who the Lakers roll with if Bryant and Howard cant co-exist. This is so entertaining.

Knicks used to be the center of NBA drama. Life is good.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
Bonn1997
Posts: 58317
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
11/24/2012  11:07 AM
NUPE wrote:Dantoni is not a coach to be relied upon when your strength is big men with back to the basket games. That is my opinion. Dantoni never worked with Amare or Gallo on low post development, to my knowledge. Dantoni simply does not value low post play or running offense out of the low post.

Or is that a reflection of the rosters he's had? Amare is the only very good scoring PF/C he's ever worked with and Amare never developed a back to the basket game under any other coach either.
Uptown
Posts: 26284
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

11/24/2012  11:13 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
NUPE wrote:Dantoni is not a coach to be relied upon when your strength is big men with back to the basket games. That is my opinion. Dantoni never worked with Amare or Gallo on low post development, to my knowledge. Dantoni simply does not value low post play or running offense out of the low post.

Or is that a reflection of the rosters he's had? Amare is the only very good scoring PF/C he's ever worked with and Amare never developed a back to the basket game under any other coach either.

MDA's offense is predicated on having an open post/lane. He opens the court for PNR and drive and kicks. To be fair, Amare has played his entire career under MDA with the exception of Terry Porter for half a season. Gentry was an MDA disciple and pretty much ran MDA's offense.

Uptown
Posts: 26284
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

11/24/2012  11:15 AM
In the post game, MDA said, "Guys need to get into shape because they are going to run. If the guys cant run, we will have to find guys that will." Sounds like MDA was given affirmation that its his team.
Vmart
Posts: 30350
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
11/24/2012  11:17 AM
Gasol not getting touches near the rim. This is MDA offense when some scrubs will get more shot attempts than your star players.
BRIGGS
Posts: 49444
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
11/24/2012  11:18 AM
Uptown wrote:In the post game, MDA said, "Guys need to get into shape because they are going to run. If the guys cant run, we will have to find guys that will." Sounds like MDA was given affirmation that its his team.

Stupid taking mda over phil jackson. Look at their make up two 7 footers and older players--what does that have to do with running 48 minutes?

Uptown
Posts: 26284
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

11/24/2012  11:23 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Uptown wrote:In the post game, MDA said, "Guys need to get into shape because they are going to run. If the guys cant run, we will have to find guys that will." Sounds like MDA was given affirmation that its his team.

Stupid taking mda over phil jackson. Look at their make up two 7 footers and older players--what does that have to do with running 48 minutes?

Agreed. That is a slow-it-down, grind-it-out team if I ever saw one. Of course you run when the opportunity presents itself, esp when Nash comes back, but no way should they run 48 mins and nullify their advantages inside.

Anji
Posts: 25523
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 4/14/2006
Member: #1122
USA
11/24/2012  11:30 AM
Amare and Novack for Pau
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Mray20
Posts: 20785
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/2/2010
Member: #3138

11/24/2012  11:40 AM
I wonder if Dantoni will try to convince Lakers from office to trade Pau Gasol for Channing Frye .. you know he's dumb enough to try to do it.
No layups!
gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
11/24/2012  11:40 AM
Anji wrote:Amare and Novack for Pau

it would have to be Amare for Pau straight up and LA would have to include another player to make it work because Amare is so grossly overpaid. Obviously would be a steal for the Knicks based on the fact that Pau is durable alone

Won't happen. Lakers aren't clumsy enough

Mray20
Posts: 20785
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/2/2010
Member: #3138

11/24/2012  11:49 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Anji wrote:Amare and Novack for Pau

it would have to be Amare for Pau straight up and LA would have to include another player to make it work because Amare is so grossly overpaid. Obviously would be a steal for the Knicks based on the fact that Pau is durable alone

Won't happen. Lakers aren't clumsy enough


Pau Gasol and Amare are both getting paid 19 million this year they are both overpaid lol
No layups!
VCoug
Posts: 24670
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2007
Member: #1406

11/24/2012  11:50 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Anji wrote:Amare and Novack for Pau

it would have to be Amare for Pau straight up and LA would have to include another player to make it work because Amare is so grossly overpaid. Obviously would be a steal for the Knicks based on the fact that Pau is durable alone

Won't happen. Lakers aren't clumsy enough

LA would never make that trade. Ever. Pau is better than Amare as it is and Amare hasn't been healthy since the first few months of 2010-11 season.

Knicksfans Forzingis!
Anji
Posts: 25523
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 4/14/2006
Member: #1122
USA
11/24/2012  11:52 AM
Mray20 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Anji wrote:Amare and Novack for Pau

it would have to be Amare for Pau straight up and LA would have to include another player to make it work because Amare is so grossly overpaid. Obviously would be a steal for the Knicks based on the fact that Pau is durable alone

Won't happen. Lakers aren't clumsy enough


Pau Gasol and Amare are both getting paid 19 million this year they are both overpaid lol

Yeah and Amare/Novack works salary wise, MDA gets three point shooting and his black Statllone to ride!!!

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
11/24/2012  11:52 AM
Uptown wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Uptown wrote:In the post game, MDA said, "Guys need to get into shape because they are going to run. If the guys cant run, we will have to find guys that will." Sounds like MDA was given affirmation that its his team.

Stupid taking mda over phil jackson. Look at their make up two 7 footers and older players--what does that have to do with running 48 minutes?

Agreed. That is a slow-it-down, grind-it-out team if I ever saw one. Of course you run when the opportunity presents itself, esp when Nash comes back, but no way should they run 48 mins and nullify their advantages inside.

Also, instead of adding stability he seems to be creating drama with his comments to the media. Not sure why he is already throwing guys under the bus or talking about conditioning in his third game.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
VCoug
Posts: 24670
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2007
Member: #1406

11/24/2012  11:55 AM
Also, if LA decides to trade Gasol they'll be looking for a package of players not just one. A team like Toronto, Phoenix, or Orlando might be able to put something together for him.
Knicksfans Forzingis!
OT: Trouble brewing in L.A.?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.