[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks take out frustration on Piston
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/25/2012  7:26 AM
Don't want to see a 3 game losing streak, hope we can right the ship in short order. Knicks better play hard from start to finish.
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
11/25/2012  8:00 AM
Panic in the streets. Knicks lose the next two and the cries to fire Woodson dominate the discussion. Amare Stodemire becomes a hot topic and Marcus Camby demands a trade. Felton and Kidd scuffle at practice. Tyson tweaks his ankle.
once a knick always a knick
GustavBahler

11/25/2012  8:54 AM
misterearl wrote:Panic in the streets. Knicks lose the next two and the cries to fire Woodson dominate the discussion. Amare Stodemire becomes a hot topic and Marcus Camby demands a trade. Felton and Kidd scuffle at practice. Tyson tweaks his ankle.

I know what you mean earl. Some posters here were practically predicting a dynasty over an early win streak.

misterearl
USA
11/25/2012  9:03 AM
Isolated

GustavBahler - let's do the math.

(via ESPN)

Here's how the Knicks' prominent isolation defenders have stacked up this season, in order of rank (there have been 171 players who have guarded at least 10 isolations):

• Carmelo Anthony: 6-for-8, one turnover, one foul; ranks 171 of 171
• Jason Kidd: 5-for-11, no turnovers, one foul; ranks 165 of 171
• J.R. Smith: 7-for-14, four turnovers, two fouls; ranks 148 of 171
• Pablo Prigioni: 4-for-10, no turnovers, one foul; ranks 145 of 171
• Raymond Felton: 2-for-6, two turnovers, three fouls; ranks 116 of 171
• Steve Novak: 4-for-12, two turnovers, no fouls; ranks 57 of 171

Interestingly, Ronnie Brewer, a perimeter player, has only defended four isolations all season.

The Knicks have run isolations more often than each of their opponents this season. But five of their last six opponents have scored more points per isolation than the Knicks (the Hornets are the only exception).

By comparison, when defending non-isolation, half-court plays this season, the Knicks have been more effective. Here's how opponents are shooting against individual Knicks players, in order of attempts:

• Felton: 32-for-98
• Anthony: 30-for-80
• Smith: 28-for-76
• Kidd: 25-for-54
• Novak: 18-for-45
• Prigioni: 20-for-41

The Knicks won't be facing star slashers like Harden every night, but even Parsons, a second-year forward, got in on the action. Now opponents have added "weaker defending isolations" on their scouting report on the Knicks. The Rockets represent the plenty of young legs around the league that will want to run on and attack the older Knicks.

The Knicks face the lowly Pistons on Sunday afternoon, but on Monday they'll face two star isolation players in Deron Williams and Joe Johnson.

FlipPoker
Member: #3526

11/25/2012  9:09 AM
Make defense a priority. Don't take the Pistons lightly. The rest will take care of itself.
Featured Sports Writer, Yahoo! Contributor Network - Staff Writer, Buckets Over Broadway - Twitter @FlipPoker
GustavBahler

11/25/2012  9:27 AM
misterearl wrote:Isolated

(via ESPN)

Here's how the Knicks' prominent isolation defenders have stacked up this season, in order of rank (there have been 171 players who have guarded at least 10 isolations):

Interestingly, Ronnie Brewer, a perimeter player, has only defended four isolations all season.

The Knicks have run isolations more often than each of their opponents this season. But five of their last six opponents have scored more points per isolation than the Knicks (the Hornets are the only exception).

By comparison, when defending non-isolation, half-court plays this season, the Knicks have been more effective. Here's how opponents are shooting against individual Knicks players, in order of attempts:

The Knicks won't be facing star slashers like Harden every night, but even Parsons, a second-year forward, got in on the action. Now opponents have added "weaker defending isolations" on their scouting report on the Knicks. The Rockets represent the plenty of young legs around the league that will want to run on and attack the older Knicks.

The Knicks face the lowly Pistons on Sunday afternoon, but on Monday they'll face two star isolation players in Deron Williams and Joe Johnson.

One thing left out of that equation is effort which has been lacking for the last couple of games. I'm more concerned about that than the opposition right now. Effort and perseverance has helped the Knicks overcome bad stretches on both ends of the court and its a big part of what fueled the hot start. We get that back and we should be ok.

misterearl
USA
11/25/2012  9:34 AM
Collective Effort

Gustav - over the last two games the Knicks appear to work extra hard for points. Houston flowed. We played on a treadmill.

Open up the offense and the defensive effort become more vibrant.

Play isolation ball and the defense goes isolation as well. Less talking. Less cohesive effort.

Team ball on both ends of the court. team.

GustavBahler

11/25/2012  9:57 AM
misterearl wrote:Collective Effort

Gustav - over the last two games the Knicks appear to work extra hard for points. Houston flowed. We played on a treadmill.

Play isolation ball and the defense goes isolation as well. Less talking. Less cohesive effort.

Collectively I didn't see much by way of effort. Knicks made it tough on themselves with the lack of ball movement as well which ended up in too many forced shots. Houston wanted a W a lot more than the Knicks did and it showed.

misterearl
USA
11/25/2012  10:50 AM
Road Weary

GustavBahler wrote:

Collectively I didn't see much by way of effort. Knicks made it tough on themselves with the lack of ball movement as well which ended up in too many forced shots. Houston wanted a W a lot more than the Knicks did and it showed.

Gustav - it will feel good to be back in The Garden. Nothing like the roar of the crowd to soothe the inevitable bad referee calls, jet lag and room service mixups.

IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

11/25/2012  11:03 AM
misterearl wrote:Road Weary

GustavBahler wrote:

Gustav - it will feel good to be back in The Garden. Nothing like the roar of the crowd to soothe the inevitable bad referee calls, jet lag and room service mixups.

yes teh refs were bad but still i didnt like the effort of defense i've seen the last couple games. Hopefully that ends today with a beatdown and then tomorrow we beat the nets
VCoug
Member: #1406

11/25/2012  11:21 AM
IrishKnickFan wrote:
misterearl wrote:Road Weary

GustavBahler wrote:

yes teh refs were bad but still i didnt like the effort of defense i've seen the last couple games. Hopefully that ends today with a beatdown and then tomorrow we beat the nets

The refs were bad, sure. But, we didn't give up 131 points and lose by 28 to Houston because of the refs. That happened because several players didn't bother to show up and certain players, coughRayFeltoncoughcough, took it upon themselves to prove that they're better than Jeremy Lin.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
11/25/2012  11:28 AM
I fully expect a W today. There is no excuse for losing to the Pistons....NONE.
Blue & Orange 4 Life!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/25/2012  11:47 AM
Al Iannazzone‏@Al_Iannazzone

Knicks doctors checking on Rasheed's foor. His status today isn't known at this point.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/25/2012  12:14 PM
Al Iannazzone‏@Al_Iannazzone

In typical Rasheed fashion, when asked if he's playing, he said, ''Yeah. I ain't gonna let those punks escape.''

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Gymkata
Member: #3169

11/25/2012  12:32 PM
A win is necessary, sure, but I don't care if the Pistons blow: I just want to see the defensive principles and ball-moving offense return.
"I can not say all the secrets."
IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

11/25/2012  12:40 PM
no more complaining to refs no more lapses on defense. lets get back to what made us 6-0 and holding teams to under 90 points
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/25/2012  1:04 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
misterearl wrote:Isolated

(via ESPN)

One thing left out of that equation is effort which has been lacking for the last couple of games. I'm more concerned about that than the opposition right now. Effort and perseverance has helped the Knicks overcome bad stretches on both ends of the court and its a big part of what fueled the hot start. We get that back and we should be ok.

I wasn't that alarmed till I reaad MEIR (Mister earls Iso Report)

How will we "be ok" if teams just keep running iso against our ancient team? Amare certainly won't help and who knows how explosive Shump will be coming off surgery.

The SKY IS FALLING!

also i'm hungover as a mother and this 10 am tipoff time is killing me. do not mix vodka beer hennessy and champagne kids.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
ScoreBot
11/25/2012  1:15 PM
1st Qtr 11:37
NYK 0 DET 2
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/25/2012  1:17 PM
Defense shaky already. Seems the league figured out how to attack the knicks D. Our guards cant keep their man in front of them
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/25/2012  1:17 PM
Still havent figured out how to defend back door play
Game Thread: Knicks take out frustration on Piston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy