[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jack Taylor scores 138 points for Grinnell College in D-III game
Author Thread
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

11/21/2012  7:01 PM
tkf wrote:
Nalod wrote:Last year another player on the same team hung 113 pts. This is what they do.

Nalod at age 14 in middle school varsity team put up 73 pts in a game.

I dont' remember how many shots I took but I had 24 pts in the fist period, 43 by half. Many of them on break aways on steals. It became a team effort kind of thing. Remember, we had no 3 pts shot then, nor could I have really reached it. I was all of 5 foot 5 then and had just found my jump shot.

Coach and players all were cool with it and as long as I was hot, I get fed the ball. I think the final score was like 120-48. I played the whole game. I made like 12 foul shots going 12-12. Turn around jumpers from the corner, top of the key, and drives.

Oh, I was the back up PG that season but got the start because the guy ahead of me was sick. I used to play about half the game and got about 15ppg. MY role was to wake the offense up by shooting. Sort of "Microwave" role.

Make no mistake I could score but it was really the team helping me and was very cool with it all. They set picks for me and looked up on the breaks after we'd steal the ball. They'd kick rebounds I had that prolonged streak where everything I put up seemingly went in. They played a zone on us and since the game was decided in the first 5 min their coach was not trying to find an answer for me. We had a kid who was 6 foot and could dunk. He was was a freaky athlete and was a great player. He never grew after that and obviously lost his dominance as we all got bigger but dunking in the 8th grade scared a lot of opponents during warmups.

They video taped that game but the tapes were expensive and we used the same tapes for each game. Taped over them. I wish I had a copy!

Its in my "minds eye" and I do remember the feeling.

WOW.. not sure where you grew up nalod, but I grew up in the south bronx...no one there is going to let you drop 100 points without loosing some blood,a tooth, a few teeth... LOL..

THANK YOU IF HE WAS PREPARED TO SHOOT FROM HALF COURT OR THE FOUL LINE IN THE BACKCOURT. WASN'T THERE A COACH ON THE OTHER TEAM? IN WHAT UNIVERSE DO YOU ALLOW 108 SHOTS? DEFENSE ANYONE

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
AUTOADVERT
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

11/21/2012  8:18 PM
Nalod wrote:Last year another player on the same team hung 113 pts. This is what they do.

I dont' remember how many shots I took but I had 24 pts in the fist period, 43 by half. Many of them on break aways on steals. It became a team effort kind of thing. Remember, we had no 3 pts shot then, nor could I have really reached it. I was all of 5 foot 5 then and had just found my jump shot.

Coach and players all were cool with it and as long as I was hot, I get fed the ball. I think the final score was like 120-48. I played the whole game. I made like 12 foul shots going 12-12. Turn around jumpers from the corner, top of the key, and drives.

Oh, I was the back up PG that season but got the start because the guy ahead of me was sick. I used to play about half the game and got about 15ppg. MY role was to wake the offense up by shooting. Sort of "Microwave" role.

Make no mistake I could score but it was really the team helping me and was very cool with it all. They set picks for me and looked up on the breaks after we'd steal the ball. They'd kick rebounds I had that prolonged streak where everything I put up seemingly went in. They played a zone on us and since the game was decided in the first 5 min their coach was not trying to find an answer for me. We had a kid who was 6 foot and could dunk. He was was a freaky athlete and was a great player. He never grew after that and obviously lost his dominance as we all got bigger but dunking in the 8th grade scared a lot of opponents during warmups.

They video taped that game but the tapes were expensive and we used the same tapes for each game. Taped over them. I wish I had a copy!

Papabear Says

Nalod I will pay for the tape if you can find it. It would be nice for all on this forum to see you play b ball. I once scored 34 points and that was it for me. The other team had zero wins in 2 years.

Papabear
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/21/2012  8:36 PM
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Nalod I will pay for the tape if you can find it. It would be nice for all on this forum to see you play b ball. I once scored 34 points and that was it for me. The other team had zero wins in 2 years.

If I had it, I'd have it colorized (we talking 1970's school video equipment!), transferred to HD blueray 3D with 7.1 surround sound and On freaking IMAX!

DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

11/21/2012  11:12 PM
This whole game was a farce
the school and coach of the player should be 150% ashamed of themselves

playing a rigged' game 22 of 77? three point attempt shots

You call that great ? that is serving to make a name for some record
which no smart person will give a damn about neither the hollow record

Planned & pathetic!

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

11/21/2012  11:14 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:This whole game was a farce
the school and coach of the player should be 150% ashamed of themselves

playing a rigged' game 22 of 77? three point attempt shots

You call that great ? that is serving to make a name for some record
which no smart person will give a damn about neither the hollow record

Planned & pathetic!

You know
if same person is given 100+ ?? Shot attempts in any game
they can score endlessly

This shouldnt even be on sports ESPN
stinks, the whole thing stinks

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/21/2012  11:27 PM
love how MSG is glorifying this atrocity by showing the highlights twice now
tj23
Member: #3119

11/22/2012  3:55 PM
LOL ever heard of a double team? Trapping? Just watching that defense was embarrassing. That was less organized than a streetball game.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/23/2012  9:32 AM
Are we really posting about Grinnel College and Booneyville Bible Baptist College?

If you had 4 teammates running around gathering steals and rebounds and feeding you the ball straight for 40 minutes, could you score 138pts?

This just cannot be considered a basketball game.

Hey, let's start a thread about someone's best scores in NBA2K12...

Jack Taylor scores 138 points for Grinnell College in D-III game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy