[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jack Taylor scores 138 points for Grinnell College in D-III game
Author Thread
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

11/21/2012  7:03 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2012/11/20/jack-taylor-grinnell-college-ncaa-record-138-points/1718463/

Money quote:

Taylor, a 5-10, 170-pound guard from Black River Falls, Wisconsin, shot 52-of-108 from the field, 27-of-71 from 3-point range, and 7-of-10 from the free-throw line to finish with the historic, head-shaking line of 138 points.

Here's the box score, http://pioneers.grinnell.edu/boxscore.aspx?path=mbball&id=575, check out David Larson for Faith Baptist; he went 33-44 and scored 70 points himself.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
AUTOADVERT
Mray20
Member: #3138

11/21/2012  7:22 AM
I wonder if Mike Dantoni was coaching this kid while he was away from the game lol , You thought Melo and Kobe shot alot? This kid put them to shame lol
No layups!
3G4G
Member: #4333

11/21/2012  11:41 AM
Didn't see this thread....

I know we don't have any picks in the fold really. So how do we get this kid since he's THE BEST PURE SCORER in NCAA Men's Basketball. He dropped 138pts in a game last night shot 27-71 from downtown.

The most incredible thing about his performance he had 0ast and put up 108fga. Does anyone know how hard it is to put up 108 shots in 40min of play? This guy was doubled and tripled team watch some of the highlights. That's text book on how to get it done as a scoring alpha machine. The rest of his team took a whopping total of 28fga. He didn't need them really

This is the model of the new era offensive weapon any team/coach/fan would want to have on their franchise.

Although David Larson shot 34-44fg and dropped 70pts.....

Doesn't matter Jack Taylor FTW..... ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/21/2012  11:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2012  12:28 PM
Watching the highlights I can't help but think about Scott in Teen Wolf. Is that the same gym?
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
11/21/2012  12:25 PM
Feel bad for his teammates.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/21/2012  12:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2012  12:30 PM
Nice ratio, 6 turnovers to zero assists!

P.S. - Now he can truly say he knows how Kobe Bryant felt like when he had that 81 pt game...to never pass the ball!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/21/2012  12:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2012  12:47 PM
Dajuan Wagner anyone?

Yet another name soon to be appearing in a "whatever happened to?" search engine near you...

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/21/2012  1:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2012  1:06 PM
3G4G wrote:Didn't see this thread....

I know we don't have any picks in the fold really. So how do we get this kid since he's THE BEST PURE SCORER in NCAA Men's Basketball. He dropped 138pts in a game last night shot 27-71 from downtown.

The most incredible thing about his performance he had 0ast and put up 108fga. Does anyone know how hard it is to put up 108 shots in 40min of play? This guy was doubled and tripled team watch some of the highlights. That's text book on how to get it done as a scoring alpha machine. The rest of his team took a whopping total of 28fga. He didn't need them really

This is the model of the new era offensive weapon any team/coach/fan would want to have on their franchise.

my question is at what point do you say, ok, we are putting 4 guys on him and he doesn't score again. I mean the guy is just 5'10 and 170lbs, it is not like this was shaq playing vs guys half his size... at what point? 70 points? how about this, he has 95 points, do you do something about it then?

Both teams must stink, i see the other team had 49 turnovers and still scored over 100 points? WTF? LOL..

lost in all of this, there was a guy on the other team who score 70 points on 34-44 shooting.. WOW!!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/21/2012  1:08 PM
tkf wrote:

my question is at what point do you say, ok, we are putting 4 guys on him and he doesn't score again. I mean the guy is just 5'10 and 170lbs, it is not like this was shaq playing vs guys half his size... at what point? 70 points? how about this, he has 95 points, do you do something about it then?

Both teams must stink, i see the other team had 49 turnovers and still scored over 100 points? WTF? LOL..

lost in all of this, there was a guy on the other team who score 70 points on 34-44 shooting.. WOW!!!

LOL at the bolded....Haven't seen any highlights yet, but my question is, what were his teammates doing/thinking as the nut was jacking up 108 shots? Jeez!!!!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/21/2012  1:42 PM
Last year another player on the same team hung 113 pts. This is what they do.

Nalod at age 14 in middle school varsity team put up 73 pts in a game.

I dont' remember how many shots I took but I had 24 pts in the fist period, 43 by half. Many of them on break aways on steals. It became a team effort kind of thing. Remember, we had no 3 pts shot then, nor could I have really reached it. I was all of 5 foot 5 then and had just found my jump shot.

Coach and players all were cool with it and as long as I was hot, I get fed the ball. I think the final score was like 120-48. I played the whole game. I made like 12 foul shots going 12-12. Turn around jumpers from the corner, top of the key, and drives.

Oh, I was the back up PG that season but got the start because the guy ahead of me was sick. I used to play about half the game and got about 15ppg. MY role was to wake the offense up by shooting. Sort of "Microwave" role.

Make no mistake I could score but it was really the team helping me and was very cool with it all. They set picks for me and looked up on the breaks after we'd steal the ball. They'd kick rebounds I had that prolonged streak where everything I put up seemingly went in. They played a zone on us and since the game was decided in the first 5 min their coach was not trying to find an answer for me. We had a kid who was 6 foot and could dunk. He was was a freaky athlete and was a great player. He never grew after that and obviously lost his dominance as we all got bigger but dunking in the 8th grade scared a lot of opponents during warmups.

They video taped that game but the tapes were expensive and we used the same tapes for each game. Taped over them. I wish I had a copy!

Its in my "minds eye" and I do remember the feeling.

PatrickEwing33
Member: #3398

11/21/2012  1:48 PM
There was a guy on the other team who dropped 70 on 34/44 shooting. LOL.
tkf
11/21/2012  2:23 PM
Uptown wrote:
tkf wrote:

LOL at the bolded....Haven't seen any highlights yet, but my question is, what were his teammates doing/thinking as the nut was jacking up 108 shots? Jeez!!!!

go look at the shot distribution.. it is ridiculous.. some guys just were not shooting.. this is hilarious.. I mean you couldn't video game this crap.. LOL

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
11/21/2012  2:37 PM
Nalod wrote:Last year another player on the same team hung 113 pts. This is what they do.

I dont' remember how many shots I took but I had 24 pts in the fist period, 43 by half. Many of them on break aways on steals. It became a team effort kind of thing. Remember, we had no 3 pts shot then, nor could I have really reached it. I was all of 5 foot 5 then and had just found my jump shot.

Coach and players all were cool with it and as long as I was hot, I get fed the ball. I think the final score was like 120-48. I played the whole game. I made like 12 foul shots going 12-12. Turn around jumpers from the corner, top of the key, and drives.

Oh, I was the back up PG that season but got the start because the guy ahead of me was sick. I used to play about half the game and got about 15ppg. MY role was to wake the offense up by shooting. Sort of "Microwave" role.

Make no mistake I could score but it was really the team helping me and was very cool with it all. They set picks for me and looked up on the breaks after we'd steal the ball. They'd kick rebounds I had that prolonged streak where everything I put up seemingly went in. They played a zone on us and since the game was decided in the first 5 min their coach was not trying to find an answer for me. We had a kid who was 6 foot and could dunk. He was was a freaky athlete and was a great player. He never grew after that and obviously lost his dominance as we all got bigger but dunking in the 8th grade scared a lot of opponents during warmups.

They video taped that game but the tapes were expensive and we used the same tapes for each game. Taped over them. I wish I had a copy!

WOW.. not sure where you grew up nalod, but I grew up in the south bronx...no one there is going to let you drop 100 points without loosing some blood,a tooth, a few teeth... LOL..

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/21/2012  3:08 PM
tkf wrote:
go look at the shot distribution.. it is ridiculous.. some guys just were not shooting.. this is hilarious.. I mean you couldn't video game this crap.. LOL

I usually like seeing records broken but this felt cheap. Bad example that coach is sending to his entire team on the value of teamwork and sportsmanship.

tkf
11/21/2012  3:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
tkf wrote:

I usually like seeing records broken but this felt cheap. Bad example that coach is sending to his entire team on the value of teamwork and sportsmanship.

yea, I think it was ridiculous on both ends, both teams..

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/21/2012  3:17 PM
Dude MISSED FORTY-FOUR three pointers...
How is that cool?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/21/2012  3:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2012  3:18 PM
tkf wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
tkf wrote:

Other team should have been putting this kid on the line a heck of a lot more.

tkf
11/21/2012  3:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
tkf wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
tkf wrote:

Other team should have been putting this kid on the line a heck of a lot more.

YUP, WITH SOME hard fouls, and they would have gotten harder, each time..

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/21/2012  3:43 PM
Panos wrote:Dude MISSED FORTY-FOUR three pointers...
How is that cool?

Exactly and I think the worst part of it is espn and nba players, including but not limited to Lebron and Kobe, making themselves look like fools for glorifying such a disgraceful moment in sports history. 27 for 71 from 3. This game was the ultimate ****fest

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/21/2012  4:37 PM
tkf wrote:
Nalod wrote:Last year another player on the same team hung 113 pts. This is what they do.

WOW.. not sure where you grew up nalod, but I grew up in the south bronx...no one there is going to let you drop 100 points without loosing some blood,a tooth, a few teeth... LOL..

On Long Island, and both teams were balanced racially.

It was middle school We were not trying to embarrass them. They did fine on their own.

They had a dude who was 6-6 but was really slow. The one dude with the biggest mouth was their point who we stole the ball from like 10 times in the first period. He had a hissy fit and sat for a while.

It was a Saturday morning game so no body was really there.

Jack Taylor scores 138 points for Grinnell College in D-III game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy