[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: New York Knicks @. Dallas Mavericks. 8:30 PM (Wednesday).
Author Thread
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

11/22/2012  10:02 AM
tkf wrote:
grillco wrote:Another non-call for Melo...kind of a BS game in the end. I know it's foolish and tin-foil hatty, but it's almost as if the league wanted them to lose. I realize it was bad luck and not playing the D that got them to 8-1, but there were too many bad calls at pivotal moments to not at least be pissed about.

I noticed the league is now allowing more physical play it seems, we can't complain because we are benefiting from it.. the reach a lot.. a lot, and we are getting away with a lot of whacking... so it has helped us.. it may hurt carmelo and his numbers which is more reason for him to adjust his game, this throwing elbows and running guys over is not going to work... so while it may hurt him, it is helping our defense and the most important thing is, that the knicks benefit.. right?

Papabear Says

TKF-- Ha Ha I figured you would say something like that. Well It ain't so! You are just trying to bash Melo in a so called nice way but we know what you are. A Melo hater. You can't hide it with those words. LOL The game haven't changed.

Papabear
AUTOADVERT
Papabear

11/22/2012  10:08 AM
3G4G wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:Melo should have went to the hole to draw the foul but he isn't getting the calls so what can I say

THIS is why it does matter that the refs are not giving Melo fouls when he's clearly being abused. No other star player can get so much as a finger nail on their body and not get a foul call, but Melo? You have to damn near kill him to get a call. It's just not right. It's been going on for years now since he's been here. It's like being a Knicks automatically allows teams to kill our star players at will.

Melo has developed the Bully Ball reputation you don't think that follows him as a player?

Papabear Says

What about Wade who you can't touch, What about LeBron. Damit! Stop hating on Melo. This reminds me of what Ewing went through.

Papabear
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/22/2012  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2012  10:58 AM
Looking forward to watch the game on MSG again(Encore), wanna look at some of the refs calls along with some bad habits along with player rotations. MEMPHIS GAME AND NOW THIS ONE, HAS DONAGHY COME BACK IN A DIFFERENT FORM ?
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/22/2012  10:23 AM
gunsnewing wrote:stupid possession

I was at a bar and wanted them to run pick nd roll with Felton and Chnadler using Anthony as a decoy. They knew it was moving 2 Anthony and CA doesnt give the ball up--and in this case had no chance with time running down. Good game but would always like to win thee types. Our D was the worst all year if we shoot.

RIP Crushalot😞
playa2

11/22/2012  10:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2012  10:27 AM
Hey Mike when Novack isn't up to snuff, do him like you do Prigioni ! Shumpert would really help us in the defensive department defending the opposing sg-sf and Amare will help more in the post offense to get more open 3 looks or attempts at the free throw line in games like this.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
GustavBahler
Member: #3186

11/22/2012  10:46 AM
From the Post. This is why Woodson's teams doesn't lose many back to back games.

DALLAS — Coach Mike Woodson decided to go against his normal plan. He reduced his rotation to eight players and his Knicks looked tired on the second night of a back-to-back in Wednesday night’s 114-111 loss in Dallas.

Woodson played eight guys, meaning point guard Pablo Prigioni, Marcus Camby and even Kurt Thomas didn’t see the Dallas court. It was the first time Prigioni did not play this season, and it continued Camby’s perplexing usage.

Woodson admitted it wasn’t the right call.

“I was trying to go for the sure win and not that I don’t do that every time, but I narrowed the lineup knowing we had a day off for Thanksgiving,’’ Woodson said. “But it somewhat backfired. Bad coaching. We’ll figure it out next game.’’

The Knicks’ biggest strength is its depth but instead he used Carmelo Anthony for 40:35 and he didn’t shine in the fourth. He played Raymond Felton 39:17 and Jason Kidd went 35:46. JR Smith played 32:10.

playa2

11/22/2012  11:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2012  11:29 AM
GustavBahler wrote:From the Post. This is why Woodson's teams doesn't lose many back to back games.

DALLAS — Coach Mike Woodson decided to go against his normal plan. He reduced his rotation to eight players and his Knicks looked tired on the second night of a back-to-back in Wednesday night’s 114-111 loss in Dallas.

Woodson played eight guys, meaning point guard Pablo Prigioni, Marcus Camby and even Kurt Thomas didn’t see the Dallas court. It was the first time Prigioni did not play this season, and it continued Camby’s perplexing usage.

Woodson admitted it wasn’t the right call.

“I was trying to go for the sure win and not that I don’t do that every time, but I narrowed the lineup knowing we had a day off for Thanksgiving,’’ Woodson said. “But it somewhat backfired. Bad coaching. We’ll figure it out next game.’’

The Knicks’ biggest strength is its depth but instead he used Carmelo Anthony for 40:35 and he didn’t shine in the fourth. He played Raymond Felton 39:17 and Jason Kidd went 35:46. JR Smith played 32:10.

Could it be that Woodson did this to show & prove to the four guys who played the most minutes , to justify why he plays as many guys as he does (10) in other games ? I don't expect him to do this again.

Every guy who didn't play has to be thinking they could have made a difference.

Prigioni- thinking he could have helped the ball move better in the 2nd half.

Camby - Could have protected the paint better.

K.Thomas - he could have rebounded and defended better

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/22/2012  1:02 PM
dk7th wrote:the law of averages and human nature dictate that players and coaches will regress unless correctives are put in place.

at least woodson owned his mistakes. carmelo sort of did as well. and kidd called out the team for not moving the ball, too.

as i have been saying, anthony needs to expand his game-- more fakes on drives in order to lead to up and unders, so that the refs have no choice but to call fouls. if you see carter coming what's with the circus shot? that's when you use a ball fake and draw the foul. alan hahn protested after the game that he just doesn't understand why melo does not get "those calls." come on, hahn!

Were there times when the offense got stagnant and the ball didn't move much? Yes. But thats not why we last the game. When you give up 114 pts on the road, your probably gonna lose 10 times out of 10. Defense or lack there of contributed to the loss. Not to mention, Dallas caught fire in the 3rd and most of the 4th. Mayo, Carter and even Crowder were hitting tough shots. Its okay to give the opposition some credit sometimes.

yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

11/22/2012  1:13 PM
The second Unit offense needs adjusting big time. They are putting the ball in Jr hands and he plays best off the ball and then occasional play the ball handler. They need to go to Wallace in the post especially when Melo is out the game. He'll make the right pass so it would not really change the offense to much from what they do early.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/22/2012  1:15 PM
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:the law of averages and human nature dictate that players and coaches will regress unless correctives are put in place.

at least woodson owned his mistakes. carmelo sort of did as well. and kidd called out the team for not moving the ball, too.

as i have been saying, anthony needs to expand his game-- more fakes on drives in order to lead to up and unders, so that the refs have no choice but to call fouls. if you see carter coming what's with the circus shot? that's when you use a ball fake and draw the foul. alan hahn protested after the game that he just doesn't understand why melo does not get "those calls." come on, hahn!

Were there times when the offense got stagnant and the ball didn't move much? Yes. But thats not why we last the game. When you give up 114 pts on the road, your probably gonna lose 10 times out of 10. Defense or lack there of contributed to the loss. Not to mention, Dallas caught fire in the 3rd and most of the 4th. Mayo, Carter and even Crowder were hitting tough shots. Its okay to give the opposition some credit sometimes.

crowders threes were demoralizing. but yes if you want to be a good road team you have to play defense and to his credit woodson admitted the loss was on him for not using the bench depth to harass an undermanned (no dirk) mav squad. my philosophy is you must put more energy into defense... and the offense will sort itself out. don't know what woodson was thinking here. maybe he was seeing how well-conditioned his tighter rotation is with an eye to the playoffs. he got his answer. not really a bad loss when you look at it that way.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/22/2012  1:21 PM
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:

crowders threes were demoralizing. but yes if you want to be a good road team you have to play defense and to his credit woodson admitted the loss was on him for not using the bench depth to harass an undermanned (no dirk) mav squad. my philosophy is you must put more energy into defense... and the offense will sort itself out. don't know what woodson was thinking here. maybe he was seeing how well-conditioned his tighter rotation is with an eye to the playoffs. he got his answer. not really a bad loss when you look at it that way.

Stepping back it looks like in Both losses which were both back to backs that Woodson looked like he was trying to learn something about his team. Against Memphis he stubbornly kept the line up small and yesterday he kept the rotation short. Maybe Woodson is playing Chess. This is a big leap of faith but it could be the case wear Woody doesn't mind given a game away because he has a built in excuse of it being on a back to back just to see what his team can do. I doubt it but it could be the case.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/22/2012  1:38 PM
2nd unit will improve once shump returns and kidd goes to the bench
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/22/2012  2:09 PM
Papabear wrote:
tkf wrote:
grillco wrote:Another non-call for Melo...kind of a BS game in the end. I know it's foolish and tin-foil hatty, but it's almost as if the league wanted them to lose. I realize it was bad luck and not playing the D that got them to 8-1, but there were too many bad calls at pivotal moments to not at least be pissed about.

I noticed the league is now allowing more physical play it seems, we can't complain because we are benefiting from it.. the reach a lot.. a lot, and we are getting away with a lot of whacking... so it has helped us.. it may hurt carmelo and his numbers which is more reason for him to adjust his game, this throwing elbows and running guys over is not going to work... so while it may hurt him, it is helping our defense and the most important thing is, that the knicks benefit.. right?

Papabear Says

TKF-- Ha Ha I figured you would say something like that. Well It ain't so! You are just trying to bash Melo in a so called nice way but we know what you are. A Melo hater. You can't hide it with those words. LOL The game haven't changed.

I thought bears hibernate around this time...

good night papabear....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
11/22/2012  2:10 PM
Papabear wrote:
3G4G wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:Melo should have went to the hole to draw the foul but he isn't getting the calls so what can I say

THIS is why it does matter that the refs are not giving Melo fouls when he's clearly being abused. No other star player can get so much as a finger nail on their body and not get a foul call, but Melo? You have to damn near kill him to get a call. It's just not right. It's been going on for years now since he's been here. It's like being a Knicks automatically allows teams to kill our star players at will.

Melo has developed the Bully Ball reputation you don't think that follows him as a player?

Papabear Says

What about Wade who you can't touch, What about LeBron. Damit! Stop hating on Melo. This reminds me of what Ewing went through.

ewing was loved for years... he earned that with hard work and winning here.. please don't soil Ewings name comparing his time here to what carmelo is going through.. please stop!!!!!!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
11/22/2012  2:18 PM
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:

good points dk, but the offense just won't sort itself out, the knicks have to be committed to moving the ball even when times are tough, they seem to revert back to bad habits when pressed.. plus they just need more points in the paint..running pick and roll with chandler was creating havoc, hopefully they will go back to that more when amare gets back, and less of iso ball.... they have to commit to getting in the paint.. pound the paint, and you will get better shots for guys like novak without having to make 6 passes around the perimeter...
Papabear

11/22/2012  2:49 PM
tkf wrote:
Papabear wrote:
3G4G wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Papabear Says

ewing was loved for years... he earned that with hard work and winning here.. please don't soil Ewings name comparing his time here to what carmelo is going through.. please stop!!!!!!!

Papabear Says

People were hating Ewing before this forum arrived. I am talking about Ewing never getting the respect he deserved. thats why he is having so much trouble getting a head coach job. You TKF just can't stand Melo but I will tell you one thing we don't win a championship with out him. And you can bank on that. TKF try this excercise. I luv Melo I Luv Melo and say it 500 times. Also in your sleep.

Papabear
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/22/2012  2:52 PM
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:

good points dk, but the offense just won't sort itself out, the knicks have to be committed to moving the ball even when times are tough, they seem to revert back to bad habits when pressed.. plus they just need more points in the paint..running pick and roll with chandler was creating havoc, hopefully they will go back to that more when amare gets back, and less of iso ball.... they have to commit to getting in the paint.. pound the paint, and you will get better shots for guys like novak without having to make 6 passes around the perimeter...

my thing about the offense, specifically jacking up shots, has to do with bad habits primarily but also conditioning issues. i hate it when smith and anthony either jack up shots like they are ready to spooge, but i also think that when they do so sometimes it is also from fatigue. look at how much energy smith exerts doing his playground crap and what is the result: he's too often out of gas to get his damned legs under him. melo has his routine too where he becomes infatuated with himself and the results are predictably horrible.

it's funny because moving the ball and running pick and roll actually takes LESS energy then the isolation playground stuff.

i'd love to see chandler get more touches in the pick and roll but lets face it felton is just not up to the task of running it-- alley oops are not pick and rolls-- so we see our point guard taking an average of 15 shots a game with an anemic 51TS%. that's not going to help the knicks come playoff time.

nice surprise is wallace-- love watching him low post guys. that should help novak a bunch and i hope woodson gets them going together because he can score from there. they double him novak is probably open.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
TeamBall
Member: #4386

11/22/2012  3:04 PM
dk7th wrote:my thing about the offense, specifically jacking up shots, has to do with bad habits primarily but also conditioning issues. i hate it when smith and anthony either jack up shots like they are ready to spooge, but i also think that when they do so sometimes it is also from fatigue. look at how much energy smith exerts doing his playground crap and what is the result: he's too often out of gas to get his damned legs under him. melo has his routine too where he becomes infatuated with himself and the results are predictably horrible.

it's funny because moving the ball and running pick and roll actually takes LESS energy then the isolation playground stuff.

i'd love to see chandler get more touches in the pick and roll but lets face it felton is just not up to the task of running it-- alley oops are not pick and rolls-- so we see our point guard taking an average of 15 shots a game with an anemic 51TS%. that's not going to help the knicks come playoff time.

nice surprise is wallace-- love watching him low post guys. that should help novak a bunch and i hope woodson gets them going together because he can score from there. they double him novak is probably open.

He ran it like 3 or 4 times consecutively toward the end of the game. The only reason he didnt run it at the end of the game is cause Woodsons play didnt call for it. I dont think Felton has any problem with the pick and roll since thats like all he and Amare ran that first year.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
cooch2584
Member: #1187

11/22/2012  3:37 PM
The discussion between Tkf and Papabear PRICELESS. I missed this place and I CAN FEEL THE LOVE.
tkf
11/22/2012  4:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2012  4:30 PM
Papabear wrote:
tkf wrote:
Papabear wrote:
3G4G wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

People were hating Ewing before this forum arrived. I am talking about Ewing never getting the respect he deserved. thats why he is having so much trouble getting a head coach job. You TKF just can't stand Melo but I will tell you one thing we don't win a championship with out him. And you can bank on that. TKF try this excercise. I luv Melo I Luv Melo and say it 500 times. Also in your sleep.

you act as if we won one with him.....

And I am not sure who was hating on Ewing.. for the most part he was loved.. after so many years with the knicks you got the typical NY who feels they are entitled to a ring and of course ewing felt some backlash for those championship promises. other than that, he was loved and well respected.

As to why he is having a problem getting a head coaching job... how do you know what the problem is?

Game Thread: New York Knicks @. Dallas Mavericks. 8:30 PM (Wednesday).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy