[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: New York Knicks @. Dallas Mavericks. 8:30 PM (Wednesday).
Author Thread
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

11/22/2012  12:02 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:The Anti-Melo campaign by the refs is getting concerning. I get they are calling it closer but Melo is taking shots to the head and still no call. He goes in the lane fine and comes back out with his headband crooked.

I used to think they were just missing the calls but now its obviously blatant. That Carter call was as obvious a call as ive seen in a while. Not only did he dangerously slip under Melo in mid-air, he was in the restricted area too!

I do have a problem with the last play though. Why run out the clock when we're down? And then why not draw up an actual play for a good shot instead of an iso for Melo?

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
AUTOADVERT
Clean
Member: #743
11/22/2012  12:05 AM
TeamBall wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:The Anti-Melo campaign by the refs is getting concerning. I get they are calling it closer but Melo is taking shots to the head and still no call. He goes in the lane fine and comes back out with his headband crooked.

I used to think they were just missing the calls but now its obviously blatant. That Carter call was as obvious a call as ive seen in a while. Not only did he dangerously slip under Melo in mid-air, he was in the restricted area too!

I do have a problem with the last play though. Why run out the clock when we're down? And then why not draw up an actual play for a good shot instead of an iso for Melo?

I agree, when we come out of timeouts we have great sucess with plays. At the end of the game its like Woody does not trust his plays and just ISo's melo.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/22/2012  12:06 AM
Also Novak will be ok. There are some concerning trends that are reoccurring with the second unit though like Smith going iso and Sheed jacking up 3s. They need to be running the ball through sheed on the post and play through him lke they do Anthony. If he gets it going he will create a double team which would create more open threes. Also, even though Prigs did not play well last night I think he needed to play to keep Kidd rested especially on a back to back.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/22/2012  12:12 AM
Clean wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

I agree, when we come out of timeouts we have great sucess with plays. At the end of the game its like Woody does not trust his plays and just ISo's melo.

I agree when he has it going I get it but he was off even though he was 6/10 in the second. The iso worked if he would have gone to the basket and make the refs call another charge if there was contact.

Mray20
Member: #3138

11/22/2012  12:17 AM
If Melo does'nt get calls during the playoffs like this the Knicks are toast smdh
No layups!
TeamBall

11/22/2012  12:31 AM
I'll never understand how these droughts of no ball movement happen. We usually start off the game hot by moving the ball and getting great shots and then Melo, Felton, or JR begin to go one on one. What confuses me the most is what Woodson does while all of this is going on? I ask because the droughts dont usually stop after one of his timeouts.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/22/2012  12:47 AM
FoeDiddy wrote:
tkf wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
tkf wrote:tough loss

Kidd shot well, I really like his game.... he is our MVP so far

chandler had a great game offensively, too bad he doesn't block shots anymore.. 21/13 is still very, very good..

Vince turned back the clock, holy cow.. Vinsanity!

OJ mayo is LEGIT!!! Dallas got lucky with him...

collison was a pest all night in the lane with his drives

We have to stop shooting so many threes

we need amare back, we need his points in the paint, and we need shumpert back to offset JR smith who is going back into chuck mode somewhat..

Thank god we got that guy to score those clutch baskets with the game on the line....

You had that last sentence ready to post since this summer LOL. Wonder if he would have hit shot would you have posted something positive. probably would have posted Great game winning shot but what was he doing not getting back on defense after he got clocked on the jaw. That's why I hate Melo.

nay, haven't been waiting at all.... as I said, I never bought into that..... I don't want players for the main reason of hitting clutch shots, I want them to help me get big leads.... when the game is close, the refs play a factor and you see what happens, right?

We have the number one point differential in the league. First game we've been even put in a "clutch" situation. Just seemed like a nit picking catty comment to end you post with but Freedom of Speech. Proceed.

you know what, it would be nice if you also played watch dog when all of the unprovoked comments about lin, gallo, moz, etc arise.... complaining about my comment is like complaining about someone spitting in the ocean..... please man.. come on..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/22/2012  12:51 AM
TeamBall wrote:I'll never understand how these droughts of no ball movement happen. We usually start off the game hot by moving the ball and getting great shots and then Melo, Felton, or JR begin to go one on one. What confuses me the most is what Woodson does while all of this is going on? I ask because the droughts dont usually stop after one of his timeouts.

knicks are trying to break years of bad habits with certain guys... after 8 games, it just doesn't happen that fast... it takes time and commitment...so when the knicks are being forced to work on the defense, the game is tight, shots are not falling, will guys have the discipline to keep doing what is right.. we know guys like kidd will, but will the rest do so consistently.. time will tell..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TeamBall

11/22/2012  1:02 AM
tkf wrote:
TeamBall wrote:I'll never understand how these droughts of no ball movement happen. We usually start off the game hot by moving the ball and getting great shots and then Melo, Felton, or JR begin to go one on one. What confuses me the most is what Woodson does while all of this is going on? I ask because the droughts dont usually stop after one of his timeouts.

knicks are trying to break years of bad habits with certain guys... after 8 games, it just doesn't happen that fast... it takes time and commitment...so when the knicks are being forced to work on the defense, the game is tight, shots are not falling, will guys have the discipline to keep doing what is right.. we know guys like kidd will, but will the rest do so consistently.. time will tell..

Does that include the coach too? He hasnt been doing that good of a job reigning them back in when they start to lose focus.
Mray20
Member: #3138

11/22/2012  1:10 AM
We're gonna blame Woodson now? He didn't coach a great game with his lineups and play calling but he also wasn't the one getting torched by Vince Carter of all people
No layups!
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/22/2012  7:12 AM
All losses are learning moments when u have a good team...we are 8-2...Ain't that bad...Vince Carter and OJ Mayo beat us...Refs were key...Reminds me of old Knick teams...Vince had to shoot like Dirk to beat us...I think we need Amare back..Melo did the right thing not forcing the action when he shot was off...This team looks good tho...
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/22/2012  8:05 AM
Woodson said it best, "we(players) got away from what we do"

He needs to coach better at the end of the close games. The team tonight didn't make the defense guess at the end of the game , that's the way we have been winning. The ball must move to get the defense out of position and then find the open man.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
cooch2584
Member: #1187

11/22/2012  8:21 AM
I just dont understand why Melo doesnt get the calls.
cooch2584
Member: #1187

11/22/2012  8:23 AM
We are gonna get in the playoffs,tight game,game winning shot on the line and Melo gets fouled and no call. Im gonna be real pissed if that happens.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/22/2012  8:27 AM
the law of averages and human nature dictate that players and coaches will regress unless correctives are put in place.

at least woodson owned his mistakes. carmelo sort of did as well. and kidd called out the team for not moving the ball, too.

as i have been saying, anthony needs to expand his game-- more fakes on drives in order to lead to up and unders, so that the refs have no choice but to call fouls. if you see carter coming what's with the circus shot? that's when you use a ball fake and draw the foul. alan hahn protested after the game that he just doesn't understand why melo does not get "those calls." come on, hahn!

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

11/22/2012  8:37 AM
holfresh wrote:All losses are learning moments when u have a good team...we are 8-2...Ain't that bad...Vince Carter and OJ Mayo beat us...Refs were key...Reminds me of old Knick teams...Vince had to shoot like Dirk to beat us...I think we need Amare back..Melo did the right thing not forcing the action when he shot was off...This team looks good tho...

Yup - Amare is the key.

holfresh
Member: #1081

11/22/2012  8:46 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:All losses are learning moments when u have a good team...we are 8-2...Ain't that bad...Vince Carter and OJ Mayo beat us...Refs were key...Reminds me of old Knick teams...Vince had to shoot like Dirk to beat us...I think we need Amare back..Melo did the right thing not forcing the action when he shot was off...This team looks good tho...

Yup - Amare is the key.

How many times have u been wrong??..Not enough it seems...

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/22/2012  8:53 AM
tkf wrote:tough loss

Kidd shot well, I really like his game.... he is our MVP so far

chandler had a great game offensively, too bad he doesn't block shots anymore.. 21/13 is still very, very good..

Vince turned back the clock, holy cow.. Vinsanity!

OJ mayo is LEGIT!!! Dallas got lucky with him...

collison was a pest all night in the lane with his drives

We have to stop shooting so many threes

we need amare back, we need his points in the paint, and we need shumpert back to offset JR smith who is going back into chuck mode somewhat..

Thank god we got that guy to score those clutch baskets with the game on the line....

You've been missing from all these game threads and the minute they lose, with Melo missing the last shot, you show your face taking shots

you're such a clown

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/22/2012  9:52 AM
TeamBall wrote:

On that last play the Knicks were out of timeouts. I agree about the Carter call, it needed to be a no call or a foul on Carter. I think the refs might have just missed the Kaman shot to Melo's face. On the plus side he seems to be getting back more on defense after these no calls as opposed to writhing in agony or stopping to complain to show up the ref.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TeamBall

11/22/2012  10:00 AM
dk7th wrote:the law of averages and human nature dictate that players and coaches will regress unless correctives are put in place.

at least woodson owned his mistakes. carmelo sort of did as well. and kidd called out the team for not moving the ball, too.

as i have been saying, anthony needs to expand his game-- more fakes on drives in order to lead to up and unders, so that the refs have no choice but to call fouls. if you see carter coming what's with the circus shot? that's when you use a ball fake and draw the foul. alan hahn protested after the game that he just doesn't understand why melo does not get "those calls." come on, hahn!

Melo was in mid-stride and about to jump in the air as vince came to slip under him. I dont see how he could have stopped without traveling and he cant contort his body like Derrick Rose. Finishing the layup strong instead of turning his body would not have compelled the referee to give him the and 1. Whats wrong with what Hahn said?
Game Thread: New York Knicks @. Dallas Mavericks. 8:30 PM (Wednesday).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy