[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: New York Knicks @. Dallas Mavericks. 8:30 PM (Wednesday).
Author Thread
3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

11/21/2012  11:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2012  11:01 PM
A foul probably should on the previous possession but it usually isn't called I guess. The refs have been so incredibly inconsistent this year

But as some like to say when we need a last second shot give it to MELO

Carter turned back the clock and Mayo is proving to be a legit MVP candidate especially looking at his offensive efficiency

Kidd and Chandler played very well. Kidd is showing more and more he's our MVP. Defensively we were atrocious. The game got away from us when we weren't playing for hockey assist we went ISO Melo. I'm noticing other bad habits creeping into the team and we have to stop shooting so many, it's becoming a disgrace.

Oh well on to the next one

AUTOADVERT
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
11/21/2012  11:01 PM
Woodys been really good to me as well. Tough game on the road. Not our best but we didnt give up. Were okay. Teachable moment i think.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
FoeDiddy
Member: #2350

11/21/2012  11:02 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Not sure what Woodson or our players were thinking. Down 1 with 24 seconds, and you run out the clock? Leaving us with only 3 seconds after a miss? You've got to be kidding me.

I won't be too negative because we're 8-2 and just lost a close one, but that was fkn pathetic down 1 and running the clock?

Especially with no timeouts left.

matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
JR killed us tonight
holfresh
Member: #1081

Melo should have went to the hole to draw the foul but he isn't getting the calls so what can I say
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
matt wrote:JR killed us tonight

I thought JR and Novack killed us tonite.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/21/2012  11:03 PM
tough loss

Kidd shot well, I really like his game.... he is our MVP so far

chandler had a great game offensively, too bad he doesn't block shots anymore.. 21/13 is still very, very good..

Vince turned back the clock, holy cow.. Vinsanity!

OJ mayo is LEGIT!!! Dallas got lucky with him...

collison was a pest all night in the lane with his drives

We have to stop shooting so many threes

we need amare back, we need his points in the paint, and we need shumpert back to offset JR smith who is going back into chuck mode somewhat..

Thank god we got that guy to score those clutch baskets with the game on the line....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
holfresh

11/21/2012  11:04 PM
Novak rides the pine next game...got a space for him next to Pablo...
FoeDiddy

matt wrote:JR killed us tonight

I think it was guard defense on a whole that killed us. Easy Penetration, bad closeouts..Felton especially.

grillco
Member: #3202

Another non-call for Melo...kind of a BS game in the end. I know it's foolish and tin-foil hatty, but it's almost as if the league wanted them to lose. I realize it was bad luck and not playing the D that got them to 8-1, but there were too many bad calls at pivotal moments to not at least be pissed about.
holfresh

11/21/2012  11:05 PM
Give Dallas credit...The played Melo well tonight...
grillco
Member: #3202

11/21/2012  11:06 PM
I also think we burned too much shot clock with no motion. Get things moving and make some opportunities instead of just holding the ball. MMQB and sour grapes, but still...
FoeDiddy

tkf wrote:tough loss

chandler had a great game offensively, too bad he doesn't block shots anymore.. 21/13 is still very, very good..

we need amare back, we need his points in the paint, and we need shumpert back to offset JR smith who is going back into chuck mode somewhat..

Thank god we got that guy to score those clutch baskets with the game on the line....

You had that last sentence ready to post since this summer LOL. Wonder if he would have hit shot would you have posted something positive. probably would have posted Great game winning shot but what was he doing not getting back on defense after he got clocked on the jaw. That's why I hate Melo.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
holfresh wrote:Melo should have went to the hole to draw the foul but he isn't getting the calls so what can I say

THIS is why it does matter that the refs are not giving Melo fouls when he's clearly being abused. No other star player can get so much as a finger nail on their body and not get a foul call, but Melo? You have to damn near kill him to get a call. It's just not right. It's been going on for years now since he's been here. It's like being a Knicks automatically allows teams to kill our star players at will.

holfresh

11/21/2012  11:09 PM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:Melo should have went to the hole to draw the foul but he isn't getting the calls so what can I say

THIS is why it does matter that the refs are not giving Melo fouls when he's clearly being abused. No other star player can get so much as a finger nail on their body and not get a foul call, but Melo? You have to damn near kill him to get a call. It's just not right. It's been going on for years now since he's been here. It's like being a Knicks automatically allows teams to kill our star players at will.

Some one has to get this games back to the league office
tkf
11/21/2012  11:09 PM
grillco wrote:Another non-call for Melo...kind of a BS game in the end. I know it's foolish and tin-foil hatty, but it's almost as if the league wanted them to lose. I realize it was bad luck and not playing the D that got them to 8-1, but there were too many bad calls at pivotal moments to not at least be pissed about.

I noticed the league is now allowing more physical play it seems, we can't complain because we are benefiting from it.. the reach a lot.. a lot, and we are getting away with a lot of whacking... so it has helped us.. it may hurt carmelo and his numbers which is more reason for him to adjust his game, this throwing elbows and running guys over is not going to work... so while it may hurt him, it is helping our defense and the most important thing is, that the knicks benefit.. right?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
holfresh

11/21/2012  11:10 PM
Novak has not earned minutes yet...
FoeDiddy

11/21/2012  11:10 PM
Woodson has been great but handled that last 30 secs pretty bad. Why waste a timeout if you were just gonna go ISO Melo. Which isn't a bad play call but a timeout to tell them give it to melo was a waste.

Glad it happened in 10 game of season though. He will learn from it. Always have some timeouts left.

tkf
11/21/2012  11:11 PM
FoeDiddy wrote:

You had that last sentence ready to post since this summer LOL. Wonder if he would have hit shot would you have posted something positive. probably would have posted Great game winning shot but what was he doing not getting back on defense after he got clocked on the jaw. That's why I hate Melo.

nay, haven't been waiting at all.... as I said, I never bought into that..... I don't want players for the main reason of hitting clutch shots, I want them to help me get big leads.... when the game is close, the refs play a factor and you see what happens, right?

FoeDiddy

11/21/2012  11:13 PM
tkf wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:

nay, haven't been waiting at all.... as I said, I never bought into that..... I don't want players for the main reason of hitting clutch shots, I want them to help me get big leads.... when the game is close, the refs play a factor and you see what happens, right?

We have the number one point differential in the league. First game we've been even put in a "clutch" situation. Just seemed like a nit picking catty comment to end you post with but Freedom of Speech. Proceed.

Game Thread: New York Knicks @. Dallas Mavericks. 8:30 PM (Wednesday).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy