[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: New York Knicks @. New Orleans Hornets. 8:00 PM (Tuesday).
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

11/20/2012  11:48 PM
Great game tonight. Very strong win moving forward. Held these guys to only 80 points during a 22 point victory. With or without Anthony Davis, I don't believe this rookie could've/would've changed the overall outcome. Our key to the game was being able to empty out our best resting most of our key players heading into a back-to-back road trip against the Mavs tomorrow night. Also outrebounded our second consecutive opponent in regards to both offensive rebounds as well as overall boards. Out boarded the Hornets 49-36 tonight; baby steps. Tyson Chandler put up 12 boards during only 19 minutes. Rasheed also banged down low with 7 off the glass.

As we all know, Melo got us started from Shump street; from the jump. Had me going nuts during his first quarter run. Set the tone early on going (I believe) 8/9 with 19 points during only the first quarter alone. Outscored the Hornets himself during the first. Came on gunning right out of the gates. Melo put up more points during the first quarter in which any player on our team put up during the entire game, but then again, we were also able to empty out our bench in which played just as hard as our starters during the final quarter (and a half).

Felton was money tonight. A quick 15 points (5/6 from beyond the arc) and 5/8 overall from the field. Put up another 6 assists, 2 boards along with only 1 turnover. Did his thing, and came through on the road.

Not worried about Novak the slightest. He's a great shooter of the basketball, that'll never change. His shots, they'll start dropping at a high clip once he either breaks out and/or gets it going.

J.R Smith with another productive night off the bench. 15 points off 6/14 shooting. Crawford of the Western Conference Clippers and J.R Smith of our Eastern Conference Knicks could be on the verge of battling it out in regards to the NBA's 6th Man of the Year award. J.R also contributed to 5 boards, 2 steals and 1 assist tonight. Only committed 1 turnover. Has protected the rock to a "T" thus far through the season. Focused on the game of basketball like never before.

That's my little post-game. Just stating the obvious. Off to our greatest start in franchise history; about to create our Dallas-Knicks gameday thread as we speak.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/20/2012  11:59 PM
holfresh wrote:For years we play down to these teams...Not this year...

This would have been the game the team started figuring things out if things stayed the same as last year.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/21/2012  12:01 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:Sidenote: Has anybody missed Jared Jeffries? I mean it seems like everyone is doing the little things he did. It's an amazing team.
Great point. When you don't emphasize the little things the guy that does them gets a lot of credit.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/21/2012  10:53 AM
NYKMentality wrote:Great game tonight. Very strong win moving forward. Held these guys to only 80 points during a 22 point victory. With or without Anthony Davis, I don't believe this rookie could've/would've changed the overall outcome. Our key to the game was being able to empty out our best resting most of our key players heading into a back-to-back road trip against the Mavs tomorrow night. Also outrebounded our second consecutive opponent in regards to both offensive rebounds as well as overall boards. Out boarded the Hornets 49-36 tonight; baby steps. Tyson Chandler put up 12 boards during only 19 minutes. Rasheed also banged down low with 7 off the glass.

As we all know, Melo got us started from Shump street; from the jump. Had me going nuts during his first quarter run. Set the tone early on going (I believe) 8/9 with 19 points during only the first quarter alone. Outscored the Hornets himself during the first. Came on gunning right out of the gates. Melo put up more points during the first quarter in which any player on our team put up during the entire game, but then again, we were also able to empty out our bench in which played just as hard as our starters during the final quarter (and a half).

Felton was money tonight. A quick 15 points (5/6 from beyond the arc) and 5/8 overall from the field. Put up another 6 assists, 2 boards along with only 1 turnover. Did his thing, and came through on the road.

Not worried about Novak the slightest. He's a great shooter of the basketball, that'll never change. His shots, they'll start dropping at a high clip once he either breaks out and/or gets it going.

J.R Smith with another productive night off the bench. 15 points off 6/14 shooting. Crawford of the Western Conference Clippers and J.R Smith of our Eastern Conference Knicks could be on the verge of battling it out in regards to the NBA's 6th Man of the Year award. J.R also contributed to 5 boards, 2 steals and 1 assist tonight. Only committed 1 turnover. Has protected the rock to a "T" thus far through the season. Focused on the game of basketball like never before.

That's my little post-game. Just stating the obvious. Off to our greatest start in franchise history; about to create our Dallas-Knicks gameday thread as we speak.

Nice recap.

Liked JR going to the offensive boards on consecutive possessions in the second half, too.

Gotta hand it to Spiro whateverhisnameis doing the games on 98.7 FM. We were up by 24 with less than a few minutes to go and he was doing the play by play like we were tied in triple OT.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/21/2012  10:57 AM
Spero Dedes. Started with the Nets back in the day then moved to LA where he called Laker games
MSUknicks5
Member: #4391

11/21/2012  11:29 AM
Fun game to be at. We finally rebounded well and Melo could seemingly score at will. The only downfall I saw was Hard Hittin Steve Novak seems to be rushing his shot.
"Today I woke up under orange and blue skies" -Spike
IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

11/21/2012  12:31 PM
MSUknicks5 wrote:Fun game to be at. We finally rebounded well and Melo could seemingly score at will. The only downfall I saw was Hard Hittin Steve Novak seems to be rushing his shot.
Yeah i dont know why Novak is rushing. I mean he has had plenty of time to set and shoot
Game Thread: New York Knicks @. New Orleans Hornets. 8:00 PM (Tuesday).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy