[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THis board is being taken over by losers...
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/15/2012  5:22 PM
and by losers i mean non-knick fans.

Knicks have been off to the best start since I'v been a member here, with the best team in over 10 years.

Yet all some ppl want to talk abt are ex-knicks and how great they might some day grow up to be.

I talked to Marv and he said some ppl just dont know how to live.

Ur a fan, ur team is kicking ass, but you can't enjoy it because youd rather be right about personnel decisions.

I thought Mike Antoni was a bad coach for us. I was right about that. I thought Gallo was a soft Euro kid, I was wrong about that.
The kid proved me wrong and I was HAPPY to be wrong about it. The kid plays on my knicks.

I thought Landry Fields was gonna really be something, as it turns out I was wrong about that. It seems we ALL were, he was UNTRADEABLE for a period on here.

If you want to root for another team, happily go and do that. BUt please don't ruin a place I've dedicated 10 years to, because you don't want to be wrong.

When ur wrong about your team being bad, it is cause for celebration.

These boards should be jumping!!! instead its a bunch of arguing mainly about players that are not on our team. I really don't get that.

Our team is among the top in defense with the best record in the league!!!! HOw can that not excite you!!!

AUTOADVERT
IrishKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4171

11/15/2012  5:23 PM
i agree i hate it
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2012  5:34 PM
I agree too.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  5:38 PM
I agree and im as excited about the start the Knicks are off to as much as anyone. I can definitely do without the "I told you so" threads. I tried to avoid them but when people try to turn their opinions into facts I can't help it but interject
3G4G
Member: #4333

11/15/2012  5:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  5:41 PM
Actually this board hasn't been overtaken by anybody. For the most part there are major differences of opinion on where we're headed and life cycle of the current group but not a big deal as long as everyone stays consistent where they stand in discussions....

Instead of making a thread such as this one....you could have easily started a thread touching on all the things you like and have seen in the 5gms thus far. Nope you went stoke the FLAME route with a very BROAD stroke

If you go to a Rocket forum you'll see them complaining about various things concerning their club but every fan there could be penning Hallmark posts on the bright future and flexibility they have going forward. Of course not everyone is a robot or programmed as such, it's what makes us who we are as fans.

Guess what, eventually you come to find no matter what sport forum you go to, there will be splits here and there on major and minor issues.

For the record I've stated exactly this several times...."This could be the year I'm proven wrong on how I feel about the team"...before any game was played. I would have no problem if it happens. I've even complimented J.R. Smith a player I've loathed over the yrs for stepping up his play this season.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/15/2012  5:50 PM
The amount of negativity here after a 5 - 0 start truly is astounding.

Killa4luv is right. It shouldn't be blind homerism, but it also shouldn't be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The past is the past, we should leave it at that. 30 thread pages dedicated to an ex-knick that was here for 35 games is absurd.

Focus on the now. What's done is done.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  5:53 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:The amount of negativity here after a 5 - 0 start truly is astounding.

Killa4luv is right. It shouldn't be blind homerism, but it also shouldn't be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The past is the past, we should leave it at that. 30 thread pages dedicated to an ex-knick that was here for 35 games is absurd.

Focus on the now. What's done is done.

The thread you are referring to keeps getting bumped up by the same 1 person

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/15/2012  5:58 PM
killa4 - all one needs to do is read the "Mike Woodson on Mike D'Antoni" thread and watch how eager some posters are ready to turn on our head coach who has singlehandedly changed the playing personality of the franchise. It would be much more difficult to give Woodson he benefit of the doubt than label him as being a dick. A dick? That was NEVER said about Mike D'Antoni and from NBA people I have talked to who have covered the Knicks up close, D'Antoni IS a dick.

The "wait and see" attitude is such a permanent affliction that every win is viewed like the edge of a precipice that drops into Bolivian.

If we lose tonight, the pitchforks come back out.

If we win, time to kvetch about how Memphis is a "show me" game.

Yeesh.

once a knick always a knick
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/15/2012  6:01 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:I agree too.

Fool, he talking about you! lol

.....and of course tkf and 3G

3G4G
Member: #4333

11/15/2012  6:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  6:27 PM
3G4G wrote:I've even complimented J.R. Smith a player I've loathed over the yrs for stepping up his play this season.

I find this ironic too. As soon as I complete typing this post with a small blurb of recog J.R. I go to ESPN NBA Main page and there's a wiretap on...

"J.R. Smith Tones Down Night Life"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8637022/jr-smith-new-york-knicks-cutting-back-nightlife

Now if this adjustment by him is the reason for his improved play that's cool but this hits on 3 things, at least what comes to my mind...

#1 J.R. should not be receiving "at a boys" for toning down his night life and not touching the town every other night. Because it's quite simple... we pay him to be a professional. Not for him to treat his profession as a hobby or recreation

This also shows that even as current as last year after all of what he's gone through personally, his head still wasn't on straight. Those who had doubts last year about him were being called out for hating, when they proved to be right. So keep this in mind in the present about other matters

Okay so he's a toned down professional. You know a big difference from being 21 and now 27, age alone will do that to a person

#2 When players buy in it makes everything better for everyone, not just themselves

#3 Not a fan of players cheating fans on their time. Once again it's good he's making adjustments but as a fan I don't have to accept all of what you are if all of what you are isn't right

Bonn1997
USA
11/15/2012  6:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  6:10 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:I agree too.

Fool, he talking about you! lol

.....and of course tkf and 3G

I'm not concerned with who he had in mind. I agree with the sentiment that there are a few posters here bringing down the forum.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/15/2012  6:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  6:17 PM
I am happy this was addressed. He's right this board is much different than 10 years ago and not in a good way.
skeng
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #2959
Denmark
11/15/2012  6:18 PM
I see your point, and I agree to some extent, but I also know that you can't help being invested in some of these guys. I'll always root for Ill Wil, Gallo, Lin, Fields, D Lee, Nate, Crawful, MDA. Except when they play us of course.

One thing I keep in mind with these guys though, is that they aren't here on our Knick team anymore and there's no use beating their dead horses and arguing about who is right in matters that are oftentimes ridiculous.

We just have to hope for the best, which we have right now. The team in the NBA with the best record. And player politics aside, from a basketball standpoint, we'll still get 2 HUGE additions later in the season in STAT and Shump.

Legalize di NBA
Bonn1997
USA
11/15/2012  6:20 PM
skeng wrote:I see your point, and I agree to some extent, but I also know that you can't help being invested in some of these guys. I'll always root for Ill Wil, Gallo, Lin, Fields, D Lee, Nate, Crawful, MDA. Except when they play us of course.

One thing I keep in mind with these guys though, is that they aren't here on our Knick team anymore and there's no use beating their dead horses and arguing about who is right in matters that are oftentimes ridiculous.

We just have to hope for the best, which we have right now. The team in the NBA with the best record. And player politics aside, from a basketball standpoint, we'll still get 2 HUGE additions later in the season in STAT and Shump.

There's nothing wrong with liking former Knicks. The board is becoming poisoned by the few people who hate all former Knicks.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/15/2012  6:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  6:36 PM
Once A knick. Always A Knick.

Bonn1997 wrote:There's nothing wrong with liking former Knicks. The board is becoming poisoned by the few people who hate all former Knicks.

Silly Putty generalization. There is no one who hates all former Knicks. Please cite one person who hates all former Knicks. If The Mayor walked through that door he would be welcomed with open arms. Same with Trevor Ariza, David Lee or Matt Barnes.

But that is not killa4's original point. The point is the moaning and whining over any negative minutae that can be uncovered with a 5-0 squad that is making the nation take notice. Like parsing one phrase from our 25-6 coach like he committed a crime against humanity.

Former Knicks gets no love because they are former Knicks. No one hates any former Knick. They all simply need to be beaten to a pulp until they scream like middle school girls when they play us.

Where is the problem?

once a knick always a knick
Bonn1997
USA
11/15/2012  6:35 PM
misterearl wrote:Once A knick. Always A Knick.

Bonn1997 wrote:There's nothing wrong with liking former Knicks. The board is becoming poisoned by the few people who hate all former Knicks.

Silly Putty generalization. There is no one who hates all former Knicks. Please cite one person who hates all former Knicks. If The Mayor walked through that door he would be welcomed with open arms. Same with Trevor Ariza, David Lee or Matt Barnes.

But that is not killa4's original point. The point is the moaning and whining over any negative minutae that can be uncovered with a 5-0 squad that is making the nation take notice. We been on PTI just about all week.

Former Knicks gets no love because they are former Knicks. No one hates any former Knick. They all simply need to be beaten to a pulp until they scream like middle school girls.

Where is the problem?

Silly, no one's arguing over every possible negative minor detail. Tell me who is.
NUPE
Member: #4205

11/15/2012  6:42 PM
Original Poster is referring to people who come into Knick game threads to talk about ex-knicks, to talk about lack of interest in the game being played, to talk about HOU., to talk about Den., to talk negatively even when the Knicks are winning.
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
11/15/2012  7:04 PM
So glad you said it Killa. I miss how it used to be here. Things have certainly changed bro. You hit the nail on the head! 100% across the board.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

11/15/2012  7:04 PM
Dating back to the 90's during our winning ways, I've always enjoyed these non-believers and/or negative critics whom are negative just for the sake of being negative. As the Knicks continue to win, they'll continue to lose all credibility that they once had. Their basketball knowledge will continue to be questioned due to not seeing something potentially special in which was/is looking right at them. Long story short, nothing is better than watching our Knicks shut these critics up.
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/15/2012  7:09 PM
Killa4luv wrote:and by losers i mean non-knick fans.

Knicks have been off to the best start since I'v been a member here, with the best team in over 10 years.

Yet all some ppl want to talk abt are ex-knicks and how great they might some day grow up to be.

I talked to Marv and he said some ppl just dont know how to live.

Ur a fan, ur team is kicking ass, but you can't enjoy it because youd rather be right about personnel decisions.

I thought Mike Antoni was a bad coach for us. I was right about that. I thought Gallo was a soft Euro kid, I was wrong about that.
The kid proved me wrong and I was HAPPY to be wrong about it. The kid plays on my knicks.

I thought Landry Fields was gonna really be something, as it turns out I was wrong about that. It seems we ALL were, he was UNTRADEABLE for a period on here.

If you want to root for another team, happily go and do that. BUt please don't ruin a place I've dedicated 10 years to, because you don't want to be wrong.

When ur wrong about your team being bad, it is cause for celebration.

These boards should be jumping!!! instead its a bunch of arguing mainly about players that are not on our team. I really don't get that.

Our team is among the top in defense with the best record in the league!!!! HOw can that not excite you!!!

Spoken like an OG!!!!

THis board is being taken over by losers...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy