[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT] Nov 15 @ 8:30 - Knicks versus Spurs--I'd reverse her
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/15/2012  12:28 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Tony Parker is probably going to kill us but that's ok because he does that against most of the league.

If we move the ball like we did the first 4 games and play inspired defense I think we have a shot at this game and I'll be happy.

If we spend 16-18 seconds of the shot clock standing around forcing the ball into Melo, get beat backdoor repeatedly, complain about calls and then jog up court we will get crushed.

Spot on. If we get the Knicks of the first 4 games, we should be okay. Ball movement and defense is the ticket.

AUTOADVERT
IrishKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4171

11/15/2012  12:30 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Tony Parker is probably going to kill us but that's ok because he does that against most of the league.

If we move the ball like we did the first 4 games and play inspired defense I think we have a shot at this game and I'll be happy.

If we spend 16-18 seconds of the shot clock standing around forcing the ball into Melo, get beat backdoor repeatedly, complain about calls and then jog up court we will get crushed.

Spot on. If we get the Knicks of the first 4 games, we should be okay. Ball movement and defense is the ticket.

Ya i never want to see sulking melo again. Thank God woody let him hear it and he went back to being the new melo from the olympics

TeamBall
Member: #4386

11/15/2012  12:36 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Ya i never want to see sulking melo again. Thank God woody let him hear it and he went back to being the new melo from the olympics

I hope he got on a lot of the other players as well because our problems during the start of that game went beyond melo.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/15/2012  12:42 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

To be fair, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Wade, Lebron also complain about call/non-calls. But try to be smart about it and maybe quietly say something during a break in play or a free throw without showing the official up.

Working the officials smoothly = the bawse move.

Conversatin' during play while your teams plays 4 on 5 on the other end = sucker move and sort of disrespectful to the other 4 guys on your team. Y'all play D, I got some issues I need to talk about over here!

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
IrishKnickFan

11/15/2012  12:55 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

To be fair, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Wade, Lebron also complain about call/non-calls. But try to be smart about it and maybe quietly say something during a break in play or a free throw without showing the official up.

Working the officials smoothly = the bawse move.

Conversatin' during play while your teams plays 4 on 5 on the other end = sucker move and sort of disrespectful to the other 4 guys on your team. Y'all play D, I got some issues I need to talk about over here!

look melo has been super focused this year but he needs to remain focused even when he gets non calls

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/15/2012  1:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  1:55 PM
Nobody Panic if the Knicks Lose Tonight, Okay?
By Will Leitch

The Knicks are the only undefeated team in the NBA. What a statement that is to make, right? Just typing it feels cool: If the NBA were The Road Warrior, the Knicks would be the rampaging band of pirates, hoarding all the gas, the last survivors. The Knicks haven't lost! They're 5-0! Zero losses at all! Pretty amazing, right? Say that a lot now, all you can, because it's very likely you won't be able to at some point in the next 36 hours.

The Daily News calls the Knicks "untested," but that hardly seems fair: They did, after all, wipe out the defending champs in their opener and have beaten five teams who made the playoffs last season. (Orlando probably shouldn't count there, but bare with us.) Point is, the Knicks' start has been impressive by any possible measure, and it should be celebrated. But the wins are probably gonna stop real soon.

The Knicks face the Spurs in San Antonio tonight and the Grizzlies in Memphis tomorrow, and those games are as tough as any that will be on their schedule all season. The Spurs and the Grizzlies are, essentially, the two hottest teams in the NBA right now. They're a combined 13-2 and have won a combined nine in a row; the Spurs won on the road against the Lakers on Tuesday, and the Grizzlies won on the road against Oklahoma City last night. These teams are not messing around.

In come the Knicks, coming off a deeply unimpressive win over the Magic and a bit hobbling, with Ronnie Brewer missing practice yesterday. The signature ball movement, the thing that has made people believe that this Knicks team might be for real, wasn't there in Orlando, though, to be fair, Epcot can make people woozy for days afterward. The Knicks will have to be perfect once again to have a chance against the Spurs tonight. That's not a slight on the Knicks: It just means that this is a serious leap in competition.

We said earlier this week that if the Knicks went 4-3 on this little two week road trip, their fans should be ecstatic. They're 1-0 so far. If, 36 hours from now, they're 1-2, there's nothing to worry about. And if they're still undefeated? OK, then you can probably go batty.

Tempered expectations, but win or lose, I expect a good showing.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  3:29 PM
I don't care what people say we need Amare starting against upper-echelon teams like the Spurs despite Amare's lack of effort on defense
FoeDiddy
Member: #2350

11/15/2012  5:42 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I don't care what people say we need Amare starting against upper-echelon teams like the Spurs despite Amare's lack of effort on defense

Definitely agree..Amare has a place on this team. Sucks he got injured because I think if he was playing right now people would have a different tune. I think we still would be 5 and 0 also. We have no big guy right now scoring inside or even a threat to hit mid range jumper.

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/15/2012  6:02 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I don't care what people say we need Amare starting against upper-echelon teams like the Spurs despite Amare's lack of effort on defense

We need Amare Stoudemire. Not whoever was wearing his UNI last season.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

11/15/2012  6:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  6:19 PM
It's not easy starting off 5-0. Miami for example has already lost 3 games. With all that said, I'm really looking forward how our team competes against an elite Spurs team. Better yet, Ive became really anxious to see how this team responds on the road against a true Western Conference contender such as San Antonio. Beating Miami at home in New York was a special feeling, but then again, it was only our first game of the season. Taking care of the Spurs would be on another level.
IrishKnickFan

11/15/2012  6:23 PM
look if we lose its not the end of the world. However i will be happy splitting the next two games. I'd say getting 55 wins would ensure us a top 3 seed
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/15/2012  6:50 PM
I can't wait for this game. The long breaks between games have been hard for me. This should be a good one. I hope it isn't a mistake playing Brewer.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
IrishKnickFan

11/15/2012  6:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I can't wait for this game. The long breaks between games have been hard for me. This should be a good one. I hope it isn't a mistake playing Brewer.

its true i think we have played less games than anyone but hurricane sandy had a little to do with that

skeng
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #2959
Denmark
11/15/2012  7:03 PM
Finally one of our games is considered the battle of the giants! It's been a while folks. Can't wait! 6 and O here we go!

Legalize di NBA
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

11/15/2012  7:06 PM
This is the first real test of the season and I think Carmelo Anthony has been hitting the books. Expected result: Pass.
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NUPE
Member: #4205

11/15/2012  7:07 PM
Looking forward to this game. Go Knicks.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/15/2012  7:08 PM
MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO START!!! I'm so pumped for this game tonight. I just want to see a great game from the Knicks. This team could really build up even more confidence as a unit with a big performance tonight. The Spurs are a tough team so this is a great match up for the Knicks.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/15/2012  7:59 PM
This should be a great game. Will be interesting to see how we do against an elite team with an elite defense.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/15/2012  8:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I can't wait for this game. The long breaks between games have been hard for me. This should be a good one. I hope it isn't a mistake playing Brewer.

It is. He should come back 100%, we need him later to be healthy. As it is he seemed to have rushed his recovery.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  8:13 PM
My goodness last time Knicks won in San Antonio H20 and Spoon were on the team
[GT] Nov 15 @ 8:30 - Knicks versus Spurs--I'd reverse her

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy