[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Great quote by MDA
Author Thread
mrKnickShot
Posts: 28157
Alba Posts: 16
Joined: 5/3/2011
Member: #3553

11/13/2012  8:24 PM
"I have good friends that are Laker fans and even they are unhappy that I got the job over Phil Jackson"

Great, self deprecating line - Gotta give the guy credit. I think he did a bad job here but he is not a bad guy - just a stubborn mule.

Weirdly, I am actually not rooting against him and he is a likable guy.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Posts: 54072
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
11/13/2012  9:15 PM
The great ones are stubborn.

Now he has to do something great!

As long as Lakes interests don't conflict with ours, I hope he does well!

Anger sells, don't buy!
holfresh
Posts: 38679
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/14/2006
Member: #1081

11/13/2012  9:39 PM
Lakers/Spurs...NBATV...10:30pm
holfresh
Posts: 38679
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/14/2006
Member: #1081

11/13/2012  9:40 PM
Nalod wrote:The great ones are stubborn.

Now he has to do something great!

As long as Lakes interests don't conflict with ours, I hope he does well!

Not all those who are stubborn are great...

gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
11/13/2012  9:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2012  9:48 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:"I have good friends that are Laker fans and even they are unhappy that I got the job over Phil Jackson"

Great, self deprecating line - Gotta give the guy credit. I think he did a bad job here but he is not a bad guy - just a stubborn mule.

Weirdly, I am actually not rooting against him and he is a likable guy.

+1 one great quote. He has some good ones here. I'm rooting for him as well now that he isn't coaching my team

mrKnickShot
Posts: 28157
Alba Posts: 16
Joined: 5/3/2011
Member: #3553

11/13/2012  9:48 PM
Isiah was stubborn
CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
11/13/2012  9:50 PM
He is a good quote. He also has the extra time to hang out with the media that other coaches don't have.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
mrKnickShot
Posts: 28157
Alba Posts: 16
Joined: 5/3/2011
Member: #3553

11/13/2012  9:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:He is a good quote. He also has the extra time to hang out with the media that other coaches don't have.

HAHA!

ChuckBuck
Posts: 28851
Alba Posts: 11
Joined: 1/3/2012
Member: #3806
USA
11/13/2012  10:25 PM
The quote "Ride him like friggin' Secretariat" will stick with me for life...
Uptown
Posts: 26283
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

11/13/2012  10:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:He is a good quote. He also has the extra time to hang out with the media that other coaches don't have.

93BUICK
Posts: 22085
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 10/6/2006
Member: #1175
USA
11/13/2012  10:55 PM
I think getting to the finals and losing to the Knicks in 7 would be a season could be happy with
♫ ▼ ♫
knicks1248
Posts: 36273
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/13/2012  11:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2012  11:05 PM
MDA had some entertaining post game conference's..he had a lot of wit, i really like the guy..

Lakers/Spurs...NBATV...10:30pm

We will be playing one of these 2 teams in the finals

ES
Erniecat
Posts: 20577
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2005
Member: #851
11/14/2012  4:31 AM
Nalod wrote:The great ones are stubborn.

Now he has to do something great!

As long as Lakes interests don't conflict with ours, I hope he does well!

Sounds like what Vito Corleone said to Virgil "The Turk" Sollozzo at the end of their big meeting.

NYKMentality
Posts: 21623
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/12/2012
Member: #4385

11/14/2012  5:16 AM
The Western Conference is where Mike D'Antoni belongs. As a long time Knick fan, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mike D'Antoni. Came here during a time where our franchise was turned upside down. Salary cap hell. Awful roster. Pretty much no talent what so ever. Had to turn over and scrap roster after roster. It's called rebuidling. We rebuilt our franchise under this man, and for that, I'll always consider MDA a true Knick. Mike D'Antoni came to New York to lose, just for a chance to later on compete.

Raymond Felton (returned to N.Y).
J.R Smith.
Iman Shumpert.
Steve Novak.
Carmelo Anthony.
Amar'e Stoudemire.
Tyson Chandler.

Outside of Felton, those are the players who Mike D'Antoni left for our franchise to continue building around. Say what you say about his defensive coaching ability, but the man came to New York during an awful time to lose (and rebuild) just for a chance to later on win and/or compete. Mike D'Antoni helped our front office rebuild this franchise. I'll never forget the state of our franchise before D'Antoni arrived when compared to after D'Antoni departed. Night and day.

CashMoney
Posts: 23090
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/15/2011
Member: #3374
USA
11/14/2012  5:22 AM
NYKMentality wrote:The Western Conference is where Mike D'Antoni belongs. As a long time Knick fan, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mike D'Antoni. Came here during a time where our franchise was turned upside down. Salary cap hell. Awful roster. Pretty much no talent what so ever. Had to turn over and scrap roster after roster. It's called rebuidling. We rebuilt our franchise under this man, and for that, I'll always consider MDA a true Knick. Mike D'Antoni came to New York to lose, just for a chance to later on compete.

Raymond Felton (returned to N.Y).
J.R Smith.
Iman Shumpert.
Steve Novak.
Carmelo Anthony.
Amar'e Stoudemire.
Tyson Chandler.

Outside of Felton, those are the players who Mike D'Antoni left for our franchise to continue building around. Say what you say about his defensive coaching ability, but the man came to New York during an awful time to lose (and rebuild) just for a chance to later on win and/or compete. Mike D'Antoni helped our front office rebuild this franchise. I'll never forget the state of our franchise before D'Antoni arrived when compared to after D'Antoni departed. Night and day.

+1. Well said and welcome aboard.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
holfresh
Posts: 38679
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/14/2006
Member: #1081

11/14/2012  5:32 AM
NYKMentality wrote:The Western Conference is where Mike D'Antoni belongs. As a long time Knick fan, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mike D'Antoni. Came here during a time where our franchise was turned upside down. Salary cap hell. Awful roster. Pretty much no talent what so ever. Had to turn over and scrap roster after roster. It's called rebuidling. We rebuilt our franchise under this man, and for that, I'll always consider MDA a true Knick. Mike D'Antoni came to New York to lose, just for a chance to later on compete.

Raymond Felton (returned to N.Y).
J.R Smith.
Iman Shumpert.
Steve Novak.
Carmelo Anthony.
Amar'e Stoudemire.
Tyson Chandler.

Outside of Felton, those are the players who Mike D'Antoni left for our franchise to continue building around. Say what you say about his defensive coaching ability, but the man came to New York during an awful time to lose (and rebuild) just for a chance to later on win and/or compete. Mike D'Antoni helped our front office rebuild this franchise. I'll never forget the state of our franchise before D'Antoni arrived when compared to after D'Antoni departed. Night and day.

U do know he quit because of the makeup of said roster, right?

holfresh
Posts: 38679
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/14/2006
Member: #1081

11/14/2012  6:27 AM
I also wouldn't call a roster of David Lee, Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford, Wilson Chandler, Stephon Marbury, and Nate the Great, no talent...
Bonn1997
Posts: 58315
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
11/14/2012  6:33 AM
They have some talent but if that's your core rotation I'd expect you to be below .500.
Mray20
Posts: 20785
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/2/2010
Member: #3138

11/14/2012  6:38 AM
CashMoney wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:The Western Conference is where Mike D'Antoni belongs. As a long time Knick fan, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mike D'Antoni. Came here during a time where our franchise was turned upside down. Salary cap hell. Awful roster. Pretty much no talent what so ever. Had to turn over and scrap roster after roster. It's called rebuidling. We rebuilt our franchise under this man, and for that, I'll always consider MDA a true Knick. Mike D'Antoni came to New York to lose, just for a chance to later on compete.

Raymond Felton (returned to N.Y).
J.R Smith.
Iman Shumpert.
Steve Novak.
Carmelo Anthony.
Amar'e Stoudemire.
Tyson Chandler.

Outside of Felton, those are the players who Mike D'Antoni left for our franchise to continue building around. Say what you say about his defensive coaching ability, but the man came to New York during an awful time to lose (and rebuild) just for a chance to later on win and/or compete. Mike D'Antoni helped our front office rebuild this franchise. I'll never forget the state of our franchise before D'Antoni arrived when compared to after D'Antoni departed. Night and day.

+1. Well said and welcome aboard.

The Knicks offered him more money than any other NBA team and he came here because he thought he was going to be able to recruit the players he wanted for his "system" in 2010 unlike where the Phoenix Suns were going because Steve Kerr the GM wanted to bring more defensive half court players into that team.

No layups!
fishmike
Posts: 47695
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2012  7:50 AM
he did a fine job with what he was handed here. The first year he had a stable roster to work with and one all star the Knicks were very good. They were 22-15 and had wins vs. the Spurs, OKC, Denver... and the Knicks were like the 3rd or 4th youngest team in the league, had max cap space next offseason and were looking like they were on the right track. Then we traded the roster for Melo and Billups. One guy was too old to run an uptempo offense and the other simply couldnt be bothered too.

Mike will do well there

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
Great quote by MDA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.