[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks @ Magic, 11/13/12, 7:00 PM
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/14/2012  1:00 PM
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I'm glad the Spurs won a tough one against the Lakers last night. Had they lost such a close game to the Lakers they would've came out fuming tomorrow and take it out on the knicks

I don't think the outcome of yesterday's game makes a difference. They've had a few close games this year already. It simply comes down to them being a solid team who does the same thing every game to the best of their ability. They never waver. They'll be ready because of who they are not because of results from one game to another.

normally I'd agree, but not in this instance. The Spurs are as professional as it gets, and they don't like to let losing streaks happen in SA

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

11/14/2012  1:12 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I'm glad the Spurs won a tough one against the Lakers last night. Had they lost such a close game to the Lakers they would've came out fuming tomorrow and take it out on the knicks

I don't think the outcome of yesterday's game makes a difference. They've had a few close games this year already. It simply comes down to them being a solid team who does the same thing every game to the best of their ability. They never waver. They'll be ready because of who they are not because of results from one game to another.

normally I'd agree, but not in this instance. The Spurs are as professional as it gets, and they don't like to let losing streaks happen in SA

Dude they are ready for everyone on their schedule, stop reading into things unnecessarily. The game was/is going to be tough for us regardless.

The only possible exception I could see, although there really isn't one had they got blown out.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/14/2012  1:18 PM
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Thanks for the highlights, fish. Truly memorable. Did you manage to see the final score, or is that irrelevant?

Did you manage to catch a glimpse of any bellyfat when your reviewed the DVR?

I tuned in late in the first half, JKidd hit a three and then got partially blocked trying to hoist another! Maybe he should be traded now! I heard he didn't run very quickly to the sidelines when Woody called a timeout, too!

Im sorry.. I should have posted this in the
"new improved MElo" thread
or the
"Melo for MVP" thread
or the
"this is MElo's year" thread
or your favorite
"I one day hope to make love to a man as great as Melo" thread

Same old MElo.

Yes I mentioned the score in my last sentance, and Im quite happy with the Knicks ability to grind out an ugly win against an Orl team that was playing very hard and making some good plays.

Kidd has been one of the best players... Ive honestly been shocked. His impact has been huge.

Also nice to see Woody get in MElo's face for loafing down the court multiple times after getting turned back forcing his shots into triple teams. The only problem is what happens when Melo gets tired of hearing this from Woody? Does he quit on him? Does our season get derailed?

Time will tell. Knicks have a good squad, MElo included. I predicted 50 wins and getting a bunch early is huge.

JRod... MElo is an all star. He's a top 20 player. He's not a franchise player, a superstar or anything resembling an MVP. Why is it so important for you to believe he is?

Fish, he's the best player on my team. You see, I'm a Knicks fan, so I don't really have to believe anything more than that. And that's easy to believe, you see, because it's a fact right now.

Maybe a better question would be why is it so important to you to point out stupid things about the best player on the best and only undefeated team in the league right now?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2012  1:29 PM
If its stupid why not just ignore it?
not huslting and having coaching problems is part of his history, but Im sure this year is different. Thats the great thing Ive learned about having Melo on your team. Every new year is THE year he's going to not quit, or win a playoff game, or win a playoff series, or come into shape. Melo = hope springs eternal.

Why is the best player on a 5-0 team (best in the league) taking off possessions and giving up uncontested dunks because he's too busy worried about getting calls on forced shots against a triple team? Stupid indeed.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

11/14/2012  1:34 PM
I'm ready to talk Knicks vs Spurs while comparing stats and what not. Lets get that gameday started someone, the game is tomorrow night. Already right around the corner. The Magic are now old news.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/14/2012  1:41 PM
NYKMentality wrote:I'm ready to talk Knicks vs Spurs while comparing stats and what not. Lets get that gameday started someone, the game is tomorrow night. Already right around the corner. The Magic are now old news.

Feel free to start it up.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

11/14/2012  1:44 PM
fishmike wrote:If its stupid why not just ignore it?
not huslting and having coaching problems is part of his history, but Im sure this year is different. Thats the great thing Ive learned about having Melo on your team. Every new year is THE year he's going to not quit, or win a playoff game, or win a playoff series, or come into shape. Melo = hope springs eternal.

Why is the best player on a 5-0 team (best in the league) taking off possessions and giving up uncontested dunks because he's too busy worried about getting calls on forced shots against a triple team? Stupid indeed.

The same reason the Center took off plays last night and a lot of players even Lebron, Wad, Kobe, and etc. Not comparing them as players but that most players complain and not run back during games. You felled to mentioned how he picked up his game after being yelled at and didn't sulk. You don't like him I get it but lets not like he is the only player that does that every teams best player has done that especially when they are getting hacked. Is that an excuse no he and every player that does that should not. If you are a leader you need to lead every night.

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

11/14/2012  3:03 PM
Andrew wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:I'm ready to talk Knicks vs Spurs while comparing stats and what not. Lets get that gameday started someone, the game is tomorrow night. Already right around the corner. The Magic are now old news.

Feel free to start it up.

Thanks but no thanks for the offer. I'm not overboard but just a little superstitious. Last year I was 0-2 with gameday threads. This year I've yet to create one. The Knicks are currently 5-0 so with all that said, I'll hold off in regards to creating a gameday thread; just itching to talk Knicks vs Spurs matchups.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2012  3:25 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

The same reason the Center took off plays last night and a lot of players even Lebron, Wad, Kobe, and etc. Not comparing them as players but that most players complain and not run back during games. You felled to mentioned how he picked up his game after being yelled at and didn't sulk. You don't like him I get it but lets not like he is the only player that does that every teams best player has done that especially when they are getting hacked. Is that an excuse no he and every player that does that should not. If you are a leader you need to lead every night.

truth? Melo has played fine. We are winning and he's the leading scorer. Is he an all star? Sure. MVP? Not even close. But Im a hater so what I see is usually wrong ;)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

11/14/2012  5:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2012  5:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

truth? Melo has played fine. We are winning and he's the leading scorer. Is he an all star? Sure. MVP? Not even close. But Im a hater so what I see is usually wrong ;)

27 and 7 on 45% shooting on a team that should finish in the top 5 definitely puts him in contention.

I'm not saying it's a lock, but there's only 2 legit MVP candidates in the East with Lebron and Carmelo.

Out west, you have anyone on San Antonio, Kobe Bryant (if the Lakers even get their act together), Chris Paul, and Kevin Durant.

I just named the 6 biggest impact players right now.

I know it sucks believing it, but how is it not even close?

Game Thread: Knicks @ Magic, 11/13/12, 7:00 PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy