[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jamal Masburn?
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
3/22/2004  4:45 PM
It has been reported today that management is leaking bad information about Masburn that may make it easier to trade him that. NO feeld that he doen't work well with Baron Davis becuase they both need to dominate the ball. Maybe we can trade him for KT and FWills. It has been said that NO would be willing to take a role player back in exchange for Masburn. Imagine this potential lineup:
pg-Marbury
sg-Houston
sf-Mashburn
pf-Sweets/Nazr/Baker
c-Weed

The bench would b e very strong with Baker, Nazr, TT, etc.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/22/2004  4:50 PM
Mash never plays.. he's good but not franchise good. I'm holding out for a real center
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/22/2004  5:03 PM
as much as I love Mash when he is not hurt, I don't think you can give up both Kurt and FWill for a small forward. Gotta hold out for a big. TT is a good enough starting SF.

I think FWill will eventually be traded, and I hate the prospect. He would make a nice 3 guard rotation with Houston and Marbury. Kind of like the Isiah, Dumars, Vinny days.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
spreeeewell
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #436
3/23/2004  9:13 AM
I would give up Kurt and someone else for Mashburn right now.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/23/2004  9:34 AM
How about some weird trade like Mash for Hou? Mash is a SF, but what the heck.

From Insider:

Jamal Mashburn
Small Forward

2003-2004 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
19 20.8 6.2 2.5 .392 .813

Chemistry problems in New Orleans:
It's one thing to have chemistry problems on the court, but what's going on in New Orleans right now hasn't surfaced in the NBA since the days that Penny Hardaway was in Orlando.

Hornets players are upset with Jamal Mashburn, who has been injured for most of the season. The first tiff took place at the start of the season when players publicly grumbled about Mashburn choosing to rehab in Miami instead of with the team. Mashburn, upon hearing the complaints, flew to New Orleans and had a team meeting with the players.

He thought that everything was solved, but after a recent bone bruise injury, the grumbling resurfaced. When the Hornets asked Mashburn to stay with the team to rehab, Mash was miffed.

"I guess a lot of people are upset over the way I chose to handle my rehab, but I thought it was a closed or non-issue. Obviously it wasn't," Mashburn told the Times Picayune. "When I got hurt this time, the first question that was asked is where I'm going to do rehab at? It wasn't, 'How are you feeling?' or 'I'm sorry to hear that.' "

"That's in his mind, that's not in our mind," vice president Bob Bass said. "We're looking at a short-term injury this time, so we wanted him to be around the team on all the trips and all of that. I don't know what he's thinking. I don't know what he feels about the organization. I can't look into a guy's head or heart. But there is no question we wanted him around the team."

Mashburn's public feud with his teammates and management has led to increased speculation that the Hornets will try to trade him this summer. Mash has just two years and $20 million left on his contract after this year with an early termination option after next season. Last season Mash turned in the best performance of his career and was rewarded with a spot on the All-Star team. However, Mash has a history of injury woes that may scare off teams.

Mash believes the Hornets are making a mistake if they trade him.

"In all honesty, I'd like to finish things that I start," Mashburn said. "I would like to be back here, but I don't know what the future holds.

"I know for sure they're not going to win a championship without me. I think everybody on this team is smart enough to know that. We'll see how it plays out. I've taken a lot of heat in some places I played, and this is mild. Many people may say I'm the problem, but I've come across a lot of people who want to see me playing."
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
3/23/2004  2:06 PM
MashedBurned is too damn brittle. This ain't the LayDown regime that spends on broken down players. Haven't we experienced enough of that? Come on, fellas...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Jamal Masburn?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy