[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks-Atlanta thread (3/22)
Author Thread
hDavis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #494
USA
3/22/2004  10:42 PM
Good Win! i hope we can play the Nets sans Kid in the first round. we gotta stay in that 7 spot.

ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/22/2004  10:45 PM
Posted by hDavis:

Good Win! i hope we can play the Nets sans Kid in the first round. we gotta stay in that 7 spot.

HELL YEA MAN. HELLZ YEA.....
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/23/2004  12:08 AM
Posted by hDavis:

nah man we gotta get into that 4th/5th spot.

Moochie blows! 3 assists anf 5 freakin turnovers!
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/23/2004  12:11 AM
been down on the knicks
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/23/2004  12:23 AM
Norris is probably the worst guard in the NBA right now. I'm not sure he would not be cut from a CBA team, he sure as hell would not stick around on an NBDL team just caue he is old and has no upside.

Also, I think we should start Baker and Mohammed and have Thomas come of the bench along with Sweetney. Baker will give us lowpost presense, he looked real good today in the second half, and first as well drawing double teams every time he got the ball in the post. Mohammed can just do his thing, rebound and get putbacks/dunks. Also on the D Baker provides some shotblocking presence as opposed to KT and Mohammed. KT should ge a good backup, get like 8 and 8 of the bench. Sweetney would be the energy player sharing his minutes with OH when he is having one of his rare good games.

Another thing, maybe we should start Demarr instead of Anderson along with Penny, this will give us an actual shooter at shooting guard and a very good legth and 2 and 3 improving our D (yeah Anderson is supposed to be good on D, but he sucks at everything latley, and besides defensive stoppes come of the bench).

So with all the injuries I would like to see a startin lienup of
C Baker/KT/Sweetney/OH
PF Mohammed/KT/Sweetney/OH
SF Penny/Anderson
SG Johnson/Anderson
PG Marbury/Norris
Then when TT and Houston come back start them and put Anderson on IL.
Also, once Deke comes back, play him at backup C ahead of Sweetney and OH, maybe even KT if playing against a big center. Also once FW comes back put Norris on IL.

[Edited by - simrud on 03/23/2004 00:24:42]
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
3/23/2004  2:29 AM
Posted by simrud:

So with all the injuries I would like to see a startin lienup of
C Baker/KT/Sweetney/OH
PF Mohammed/KT/Sweetney/OH
SF Penny/Anderson
SG Johnson/Anderson
PG Marbury/Norris
Then when TT and Houston come back start them and put Anderson on IL.
Also, once Deke comes back, play him at backup C ahead of Sweetney and OH, maybe even KT if playing against a big center. Also once FW comes back put Norris on IL.

[Edited by - simrud on 03/23/2004 00:24:42]

Penny went down in the 4th with a groin injury and probably won't play next game.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/23/2004  8:55 AM
I thought Moochie has done a decent job backing up the PG position the last 2 games. 5 turnovers are bad but I think 3 of them come when the game was in super garbage time. I think I remember Mooch bringing the Knicks back ahead of the Bulls during a nice run too. He's not great, but with Marbury playing lots of minutes he doesn't need to be.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/23/2004  9:10 AM
DerMarr putting up Lampe type numbers!!!!

I can't believe we kept him out of the trade with Suns....if fact I'm 100% sure that the Suns wanted him and the Knicks turned them down.

Please note the sarcasm.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/23/2004  9:34 AM
haha

If you think about it, Lampe and Demarr probably used to have the same upsdie if not bigger for Demarr. A 6 9 shooter who can fly? Can you ask for more? Too bad the injury put an end to that, but we'll see how well he recovers.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/23/2004  9:53 AM
Posted by simrud:

haha

If you think about it, Lampe and Demarr probably used to have the same upsdie if not bigger for Demarr. A 6 9 shooter who can fly? Can you ask for more? Too bad the injury put an end to that, but we'll see how well he recovers.

we viewers haven't seen much of DerMarr but it doesn't look like he lost too much athletisism. Dude just needs some minutes. And about a gallon more of protien shake each day.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
bernard
Member: #475
3/23/2004  11:34 AM
Demarr's got such an ugly shot. He's bound to be a streaky shooter with that form. Even more so than most others, sure his shot would benefit from consistent minutes cause he can't rely on pure form.

If Penny and TT are out or limited for a little while, he'll get his chance. That's for sure. What if they're both out and Houston's not back yet for Griz. We'll be missing our 3 top swingmen. We'll end up splitting guard and small forward minutes between Marbury, Moochie, Shandone & Demarr. They'll each have to play 30 plus, and we still may have to give OT some minutes at the 3. Ouch! Will have to be the kind of scrambling to put together a lineup game where a bunch of guys just come up big.
gunsnewing
USA
3/23/2004  11:55 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

been down on the knicks

I completely agree with those suggestions
martin
USA
3/23/2004  12:12 PM
Posted by bernard:

Demarr's got such an ugly shot. He's bound to be a streaky shooter with that form. Even more so than most others, sure his shot would benefit from consistent minutes cause he can't rely on pure form.

Any old time, pre-accident Atlanta fans out there? I thought that the scoop on DerMarr was that he had a sweet outside shot. I can't really tell. We'll see I guess.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/23/2004  1:11 PM
Demaar was a nasty college player. He was supposed to be Darius Miles with a J. He never lived up to it in Atl, had the accident and Atl just didnt pick up his option.

He's got some nice skills... I like his upside, especially at SG. He needs to rebound.. he be dominating on the boards at SG because of his height and leaping. Camby didnt know how to board until her got here with JVG... then all of the sudden he was good for 11 a game and broke 20 a couple times too.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
3/23/2004  1:12 PM
he was a good shooter. I dont see why he still can't be. The accident doesn't seem to have slowed him down much. Please play him over shandon!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
3/23/2004  1:22 PM
Nazr and DeMarr did their thing last night. Johnson will get more time till Allan, Penny and TT comes back.

I went to the game last night and no one was really worried about that game, injuries aside. Hopefully those cats will be back soon and we can keep winning gam,es in this stretch run.

We just gotta keep on winning and keep hoping that the Heat, Cavs, Raps, Celtics, Bucks and Hornets lose.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/23/2004  1:29 PM
while is #s were unimpressive Shandon kept Steven Jackson in check all game, and he had been scoring in huge bunches. We won that game because we kept their smalls out of the paint and forced them to live off jumpers. Shandon played a great game despite weak stats.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
3/23/2004  1:35 PM
Posted by fishmike:

while is #s were unimpressive Shandon kept Steven Jackson in check all game, and he had been scoring in huge bunches. We won that game because we kept their smalls out of the paint and forced them to live off jumpers. Shandon played a great game despite weak stats.

yup, and that's why Shandon will continue to start over DerMarr. Guy just brings it on D.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
3/23/2004  1:37 PM
If TT & Penny aren't back by next game, DeMarr might start @ the 3...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
3/23/2004  4:54 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by fishmike:

yup, and that's why Shandon will continue to start over DerMarr. Guy just brings it on D.

Five steals last game... He's a good player. A role player, but a good one nonetheless.
Knicks-Atlanta thread (3/22)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy