[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: No Extension For Brandon Jennings
Author Thread
3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

11/1/2012  4:44 PM
Besides the other point guards from his draft class.....Derozan one of his closest friends got 4yrs $38mil so you know dude is frosty as can be right about now.

Tyreke didn't get an extension either probably the other most prominent name from that draft class to whiff. Rubio wasn't eligible to receive one hence he wasn't offered by the Wolves and he's injured.

Brandon Jennings is not expected to receive a contract extension by Wednesday night's deadline.

And that has left the Bucks guard with mixed feelings heading into the team's season opener at Boston on Friday.

"I think I just have to play basketball, come here every day and work hard," Jennings said after the Bucks' practice session at the Cousins Center on Wednesday. "At the end of the day I'm still under contract with the Milwaukee Bucks.

"I'm still going to get paid so I have to go out there and perform. Just take it for what it is."

Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry reportedly agreed to a four-year, $44 million deal on Wednesday, joining Denver Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson, who reached agreement on a four-year, $48 million extension on Tuesday. The other players from the 2009 class to sign extended contracts from their rooke-scale deals were No. 1 pick Blake Griffin and No. 3 pick James Harden, who was traded from Oklahoma City to Houston and agreed to a maximum contract with the Rockets.

Bucks general manager John Hammond has said the team wants to have Jennings as part of its long-term future. The Bucks would have the ability to match any offers from another team next summer and could offer Jennings more years (five) and bigger annual raises (7.5%).

A number of prominent restricted free agents in the league had offers matched by their teams during the past off-season, including Eric Gordon of New Orleans, Nicolas Batum of Portland and Roy Hibbert of Indiana.

Jennings said he didn't know how he felt about the Bucks' plans for him.

"I'm going to just play this year out and do what I have to do here," Jennings said. "The main goal is still trying to win, still trying to make the playoffs.

"Then I'll be able to make my own decision. The main thing is, I could say I'm kind of auditioning for other teams, too. The fact if they see what I can do, what I can bring to the table this year for the Bucks, anything can happen in the summertime. Now I'm just going to take it for what it is and ball out, man. Take this as it's my rookie year again.

"Take it that I'm the fresh meat that nobody's ever seen play."

Jennings has started 209 of 211 games since joining the Bucks in 2009, when he was the 10th overall pick in the draft. He played in all 82 games as a rookie (89 counting playoffs) and all 66 games during the lockout-shortened season a year ago.

The only time he missed any action was during his second year with the Bucks when he suffered a broken bone in his left foot and was out for 19 games.

Jennings admitted he has been thinking about his contract situation during the last month as the Bucks have gone through the preseason schedule and training camp.

"I'm not going to lie; it was tough," Jennings said. "You just didn't know what was going to happen. At the same time, once I got on the court I just didn't think about it.

"It was more off the court. Then when you hear some of your peers get signed, you kind of get a little down. Now every time you approach those guys, you've got to go at 'em and you've got to show 'em. You've got to prove you are the top player in the draft class.

"It's all good, though."

If the grass is greener who offers him money knowing Bucks can match?

AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/1/2012  5:33 PM
Haven't seen enough Bucks games to comment on his performance or if he even deserves an extension but by they not offering an extension says a lot of what they think of him at the moment.

This will either motivate him to play at his best or become a malcontent. Will be interesting to see.

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
11/1/2012  5:35 PM
Jennings is trade bait. He is the 2nd best PG free agent after Chris Paul.

GM in the last year of his deal
Coach in the last year of his deal
Ellis can opt out this summer
Jennings RFA

They should just tank now.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
AnubisADL
USA
11/1/2012  5:36 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Haven't seen enough Bucks games to comment on his performance or if he even deserves an extension but by they not offering an extension says a lot of what they think of him at the moment.

This will either motivate him to play at his best or become a malcontent. Will be interesting to see.

The Coach and GM are in the last year of their deals.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/1/2012  6:18 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Haven't seen enough Bucks games to comment on his performance or if he even deserves an extension but by they not offering an extension says a lot of what they think of him at the moment.

Jennings always plays really well against the Knicks. He is still very young, a year younger than Lin. I think his best years are ahead of him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
3G4G
Member: #4333

11/2/2012  12:02 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Jennings always plays really well against the Knicks. He is still very young, a year younger than Lin. I think his best years are ahead of him.

Jennings can't play any worse. Oh and CP3 is only a free agent based on a technicality, he's not leaving the Clippers.

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
11/2/2012  1:23 AM
I like Jennings and I thought his interview replies showed maturity and honesty, more things that I like.

I don't like his percentages but when I see him play I don't see him forcing shots. He needs to work on his shot but I think he's a good PG.

Rose is not the answer.
AnubisADL
USA
11/3/2012  12:20 AM
knickstorrents wrote:I like Jennings and I thought his interview replies showed maturity and honesty, more things that I like.

I don't like his percentages but when I see him play I don't see him forcing shots. He needs to work on his shot but I think he's a good PG.

Wonder why Jennings has terrible percentages. See Deron Williams in NJ.

When the PG is forced to lead the team in scoring your going to have problems.

OT: No Extension For Brandon Jennings

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy