[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rockets reach deal with Harden 5YRs/80 mil..WOW...
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/1/2012  10:45 AM
DurzoBlint wrote:
Markji wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Lin sure looked nice last night. Harden was the best player on the court but Lin sure led that team. 12pts, 8assists, 4stl, 4TO - I'll take that. Some incredible passes. His contract is already looking like a bargain when you look at what everyone else got. I know I know, haters will now say he has Harden on that team. Nice Job Dolan.

Nice to see Dwight lose.

It didn't take any time for Lin and Harden to gel. Did they even have a practice together. We keep making excuses for our team to gel....for Amare and Melo, etc

Get a clue. Tracey McGriddles first game here, the chemistry looked great and he looked great. Next game(s) he looked like the card board cutout of an NBA player. You can't judge anything based on 1game

Comparing lin to tracy mcgrady now!
AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/1/2012  10:46 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:
Markji wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Lin sure looked nice last night. Harden was the best player on the court but Lin sure led that team. 12pts, 8assists, 4stl, 4TO - I'll take that. Some incredible passes. His contract is already looking like a bargain when you look at what everyone else got. I know I know, haters will now say he has Harden on that team. Nice Job Dolan.

Nice to see Dwight lose.

It didn't take any time for Lin and Harden to gel. Did they even have a practice together. We keep making excuses for our team to gel....for Amare and Melo, etc

Get a clue. Tracey McGriddles first game here, the chemistry looked great and he looked great. Next game(s) he looked like the card board cutout of an NBA player. You can't judge anything based on 1game

Comparing lin to tracy mcgrady now!

Yea, no comparison.

T-Mac in his prime was amazing.

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
11/1/2012  10:48 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:Houston is going straight to the the lottery. Anyone believing otherwise is delusional.

If it takes Harden dropping 3o+ pts and 10+ asts to beat the lowly Pistons I see the L's racking up quickly.

I will be checking out Houston games for Harden since I like to watch tall guards with skills.

Would you make the same argument when Knicks beat the Pistons when Melo scores 30+ pts and 10+ rebounds?

I already said the Knicks are going nowhere without Amare to help out with the scoring.

If Carmelo does put up a MVP type season the Knicks might make it out of the first round. That is a long shot though.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
KnicksFE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3561

11/1/2012  10:48 AM
holfresh wrote:
KnicksFE wrote:
holfresh wrote:Ha...Beating the Pistons and winning an NBA game now means a team has gelled....

No, but is a step in the right direction, especially considering that many predicted Houston to be the worst team in the NBA this year.

I'm actually watching the games because I'm trying to assess Lin as a player and obviously unsure how good he is based on the limited amount of games he has played..I'm becoming more and more comfortable with my assessment of him that I really will soon stop watching Houston play and only tune in on important games...Lin will be a good player but he has ways to go...He is a very good passer which will get him playing time...He has further work to do on his handle and gets in trouble dribbling in traffic...He won't bring the ball up during pressure times, Harden will do that and did that last night...He is a poor defender who gets steals from actually chasing his player after the player has gone by him...I'm am very comfortable saying we didn't miss the boat by not signing him...I wish him luck but I think the Knicks will be fine without him...When does STAT get back anyway...

I definetly agree that Lin has many flaws in his game, but that’s to be expected, the guy is getting pay 8 million a year, just like many young players starting for their teams.
Derozan, Holiday, Gallo, Dragic, W. Chandler, Asik, these guys are not finish product yet or max contract type talent, they all need to work on their game just like Lin, but since they are young they could get significantly better.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/1/2012  10:51 AM
AnubisADL wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Derozan at 10mil is absurd. Tellin you jlin 3yrs 25mil is a heck of a bargain. Especially at 20mil the knicks could have offered if they attempted to make an offer

lol!!

gunsnewing
USA
11/1/2012  10:53 AM
My god it just dawned on me that our backcourt is felton and brewer and amare is missing in the frontcourt. Its going to be a lonnng season
ChuckBuck
USA
11/1/2012  10:55 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Derozan at 10mil is absurd. Tellin you jlin 3yrs 25mil is a heck of a bargain. Especially at 20mil the knicks could have offered if they attempted to make an offer

lol!!

That gif is priceless!

MS
Member: #724
Listen the thread was about the guy being overpaid and not a leader and he goes out and has one of the better games of any player on a long time. He happensbto be young with a ton of upside.

Is Houston a great time, no but getting pieces that fit. Asik is going to give you very similiwr production to Chandler. Lin looked solid last night. Wins are wins. And as a knick fan, I'm sure most people were ready to give up until Lin saved last season. Melo is not a leader and was not playing or acting like one. Sulking and playing me first basketball. It's very easy as a player to buy in when a coach says he's going to give you the ball every play.

Would you rather be the Rockets or the Knicks right now? Hardens contract or Amares?

8 assists is 8 assists as is 4stls. Felton puts up those numbers all season we will all glady take them. Chemistry is a big thing. And it wasbeautiful to watch when fields, Novak, Chandler, Jefferies, sharing the ball.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
AnubisADL wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:Houston is going straight to the the lottery. Anyone believing otherwise is delusional.

If it takes Harden dropping 3o+ pts and 10+ asts to beat the lowly Pistons I see the L's racking up quickly.

I will be checking out Houston games for Harden since I like to watch tall guards with skills.

Would you make the same argument when Knicks beat the Pistons when Melo scores 30+ pts and 10+ rebounds?

I already said the Knicks are going nowhere without Amare to help out with the scoring.

If Carmelo does put up a MVP type season the Knicks might make it out of the first round. That is a long shot though.

Houston is 2 players away from doing real damage in the west. They need a starting SF and a backup PG. Right now, Houston is a 50+ win team. The Knicks are also a 50+ win team but it all depends on PG play. If Knick PGs does not produce then Knicks don't make the playoffs.

VCoug
Member: #1406

11/1/2012  10:56 AM
holfresh wrote:Come on guys, we have seen second tier PGs with polished games...We saw Lowry give Felton fits...Lin isn't there yet, let's be honest...

But Lin is still young and can get there. Felton is what he is and will never get there.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
3G4G
Member: #4333

11/1/2012  10:58 AM
holfresh wrote:Ha...Beating the Pistons and winning an NBA game now means a team has gelled....

Detroit won 25gms last year which means they are capable of beating teams, stop trying to minimize what they did yesterday and will continue to do several times this year.

3G4G

11/1/2012  10:59 AM
DurzoBlint wrote:
Markji wrote:

Nice to see Dwight lose.

No Comparison....T-Mac was a shell of what he was and had an arthritic knee.

gunsnewing
USA
11/1/2012  11:01 AM
KnicksFE wrote:
holfresh wrote:
KnicksFE wrote:

No, but is a step in the right direction, especially considering that many predicted Houston to be the worst team in the NBA this year.

I'm actually watching the games because I'm trying to assess Lin as a player and obviously unsure how good he is based on the limited amount of games he has played..I'm becoming more and more comfortable with my assessment of him that I really will soon stop watching Houston play and only tune in on important games...Lin will be a good player but he has ways to go...He is a very good passer which will get him playing time...He has further work to do on his handle and gets in trouble dribbling in traffic...He won't bring the ball up during pressure times, Harden will do that and did that last night...He is a poor defender who gets steals from actually chasing his player after the player has gone by him...I'm am very comfortable saying we didn't miss the boat by not signing him...I wish him luck but I think the Knicks will be fine without him...When does STAT get back anyway...

I definetly agree that Lin has many flaws in his game, but that’s to be expected, the guy is getting pay 8 million a year, just like many young players starting for their teams.
Derozan, Holiday, Gallo, Dragic, W. Chandler, Asik, these guys are not finish product yet or max contract type talent, they all need to work on their game just like Lin, but since they are young they could get significantly better.

exactly never understood how you can look at a 23yr old as a finished product. The knicks, media and fans are silly
AnubisADL
USA
11/1/2012  11:04 AM
MS wrote:Listen the thread was about the guy being overpaid and not a leader and he goes out and has one of the better games of any player on a long time. He happensbto be young with a ton of upside.

Is Houston a great time, no but getting pieces that fit. Asik is going to give you very similiwr production to Chandler. Lin looked solid last night. Wins are wins. And as a knick fan, I'm sure most people were ready to give up until Lin saved last season. Melo is not a leader and was not playing or acting like one. Sulking and playing me first basketball. It's very easy as a player to buy in when a coach says he's going to give you the ball every play.

Would you rather be the Rockets or the Knicks right now? Hardens contract or Amares?

8 assists is 8 assists as is 4stls. Felton puts up those numbers all season we will all glady take them. Chemistry is a big thing. And it wasbeautiful to watch when fields, Novak, Chandler, Jefferies, sharing the ball.

Melo not a leader? I guess Kobe is not a leader because he doesnt like losing either. Knicks looked like complete trash last year. Hero ball by Lin and Hero by Melo saved the season. At no point did the Knicks "click".

I rather be the Knicks since players actually WANT to come to NYC.

Of course Fields, Chandler, and Jefferies were moving the ball. THEY CANT SHOOT. SMH. Most brick masons treat the rock like a hot potato.

gunsnewing
USA
11/1/2012  11:05 AM
If lin has 2 more assists will you still be saying he did it against a poor team on the road with virtually no time for chemistry with harden?
AnubisADL
USA
11/1/2012  11:08 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Houston is 2 players away from doing real damage in the west. They need a starting SF and a backup PG. Right now, Houston is a 50+ win team. The Knicks are also a 50+ win team but it all depends on PG play. If Knick PGs does not produce then Knicks don't make the playoffs.

And the Knicks are a healthy Amare away from contending.

What 2 difference makes are Houston going to realistically acquire that wouldnt require trading most of their young assets?

3G4G

11/1/2012  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2012  11:14 AM
holfresh wrote:
KnicksFE wrote:

I'm actually watching the games because I'm trying to assess Lin as a player and obviously unsure how good he is based on the limited amount of games he has played....

I can totally agree with this statement but how come when supporters were telling posters like Nupe and the likes isn't it a little too early to have Lin all sized up after 25-35gms they were be debrided?

Ooops I meant derided

Here's the deal, Lin has played enough games to make this assessment...

He is a rotational player who can play meaningful minutes at a significant position.

Now what next can we say about Lin?

Is he a bonafied starter as a point guard? I'd say yes but wouldn't be shocked if posters such as yourself said you need to see more games

For those who think he is....Is he an average starting pont guard? Once again I say yes... but ditto above

Is he an above average starter? I'd say too soon..... ditto above

Did he and Harden play well together and did the Rockets have success while and/or both player was on the court regardless of who they were playing? Yes

Will they play like this for 82gms? No but is it likely they develop better chemistry going forward? Yes

Are both players worth their contract? Still too soon to say but it's leaning towards yes based on current market value of players in the league. Let's not forget Asik too another player Morey was goofed on for signing.

Might be a good idea for you to stop watching Rockets game if this is how they will play in a good portion of them.

KnicksFE
Member: #3561

11/1/2012  11:12 AM
AnubisADL wrote:
MS wrote:Listen the thread was about the guy being overpaid and not a leader and he goes out and has one of the better games of any player on a long time. He happensbto be young with a ton of upside.

Melo not a leader? I guess Kobe is not a leader because he doesnt like losing either. Knicks looked like complete trash last year. Hero ball by Lin and Hero by Melo saved the season. At no point did the Knicks "click".

I rather be the Knicks since players actually WANT to come to NYC.
Of course Fields, Chandler, and Jefferies were moving the ball. THEY CANT SHOOT. SMH. Most brick masons treat the rock like a hot potato.

Players want to come to NYC as long as they get pay top money, when the Knicks were over the cap, I don't remember a major star sacrificing anything in order to play for the Knicks.

ChuckBuck
USA
11/1/2012  11:16 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

What? Houston and 50+ win team in the same sentence.

Come again...

What?

gunsnewing
USA
11/1/2012  11:18 AM
I think he meant another player away from 50 wins
Rockets reach deal with Harden 5YRs/80 mil..WOW...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy