[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/14/2012  7:45 AM
Anji wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Lin is paid to be an average player and is looking like average player. His annual salary is slightly above the average but his contract is short in duration.

Doesn't that mean he's paid to be a slightly above average player???

And I don't agree, there are point guards that were expected to be borderline allstars would made/make 8 million dollars.

Annual salary = slightly above average
Duration = slightly below average
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
USA
11/14/2012  7:46 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Lin is paid to be an average player and is looking like average player. His annual salary is slightly above the average but his contract is short in duration.

He was not paid to be avg. He might have an avg salary but he was not paid to be an avg player.
Anyway, it's still early people need to at least give him half a season. Not you but in general.

There's a salary cap. Salary dictates what the performance you need from players. If the Rockets needed a well-above average PG, they should have spent more than $8 mil for 3 years.

You know they where trying to get a bargain.

I'm not sure what you mean. You always enter into a contract hoping to get a good bargain.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/14/2012  8:30 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Anji wrote:

Doesn't that mean he's paid to be a slightly above average player???

And I don't agree, there are point guards that were expected to be borderline allstars would made/make 8 million dollars.

Annual salary = slightly above average
Duration = slightly below average

My bad, guess salaries need to be "weighted" too.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
NUPE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4205

11/14/2012  8:49 AM
Lin received his current contract with the expectation that he would put up numbers in the range of Linsanity. People were saying Lin would average 20 and 10 this year. Others were predicting 17ish and 8. People were saying he would definitely be better than Felton. People called this kid the "Gift". Lin is performing poorly thus far and now people are saying only average play was expected of Lin?!?! Really?!?! So people shed a billion tears about the loss of a pg (Lin) that they thought would be average?!?!?! LMAO!!!

It is still early and Lin could play better. I am only speaking in regards to his play through pre-season and up to today. It has been average to poor overall.

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/14/2012  8:54 AM
Is Lin even putting up "average" numbers??? Looks like he is dipping into Fat Felton territory if you ask me.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
NUPE
Member: #4205

11/14/2012  9:03 AM
Anji wrote:Is Lin even putting up "average" numbers??? Looks like he is dipping into Fat Felton territory if you ask me.

I am saying this largely based upon my review of stats in relation to fantasy basketball. I look through a lot of stats. However, I have not sat down and actually ran a real comparison.

I believe that Lin's assists and boards are about average for a pg. His steals are great though and far above average. Lin's scoring and shooting are amongst the worst in the NBA for a starting pg. A big portion of Linsanity and the hype revolved around Lin's scoring and clutch play. The lack of scoring, terrible %'s and un-clutch play are the reasons that I am saying he has been terrible.

Lin's TO are down but mainly, imo, because Harden is handling a lot of the ball handling whereas in NYK Lin was the primary ball handler and allowed to wholly dictate the offense by Dantoni.

Bonn1997
USA
11/14/2012  9:07 AM
Anji wrote:Is Lin even putting up "average" numbers??? Looks like he is dipping into Fat Felton territory if you ask me.

No, they're a bit above average. Win shares and wins produced will give you the information you need (if you do care about his numbers).
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/14/2012  9:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2012  9:31 AM
Thank the good lord that we are not the team that has to answer for why Jeremy isn't running the offense, why isn't Jeremy taking the shots he deserves, why isn't Jeremy orchestrating, why does our "superstar" ignore Jeremy on the court, does he trust Jeremy??.. why can't Jeremy handle the ball more, why can't he be the leader of the team, don't you like Jeremy, wasn't Linsanity the greatest thing to happen here??..Is Jeremy getting enough minutes, Are you over using Jeremy, Does his knee still hurt??..Why aren't you running pick and roll for Jeremy??..does the coach like him???..Does the owner like him???..Why didn't we resign Field's because that was his friend???..They just want to punish him???..Does the ball boy like him???..He needs to start.....He needs to finish...He needs to play in between...Felton is fat...Jeremy is skinny...JKidd can learn from Jeremy...Nash is a better fit for Jeremy...

Thank you!!!!

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/14/2012  9:24 AM
Yea, instead of Melo ignoring or waving Lin off, it's mister efficiency Harden!
foosballnick
Member: #3148

11/14/2012  10:00 AM
Lin's salary is not average. NBA salaries do not simply work by taking the contract total and dividing by the number of years. Due to the way his contract was backloaded it will be extremely difficult to move Lin should he not perform to expectations. And quite frankly, expectations will be high given his media darling status. Should he faulter or perform below average and not continue to generate a media buzz, there is little reason for other teams to be interested in Lin or for the Rockets to have paid him even an average salary.

Given the new CBA....Morey made some rather curious moves. He gave a substantial contract to Lin based upon virtually no track record. He gave a substantial contract to Asik with a limited track record. He gave a major max contract to Harden, who although has shown to be really good at times, has never been the lead player on an NBA team. Further, neither Harden nor Lin are true point guards, both are score first lead guards who crave the ball. Not generally the stuff that creates an NBA championship roster. This is not following money ball principles which is to underpay for efficient players. In fact, Morey reminds me of how the Isiah Knicks used to operate.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/14/2012  10:05 AM
I think its a little early to judge harden, lin and asik 6 games into the season and say the rockets made a mistake. They have more wins than expected and outplayed Miami. Let's revisit this thread in a month
Bonn1997
USA
11/14/2012  10:07 AM
foosballnick wrote:Lin's salary is not average. NBA salaries do not simply work by taking the contract total and dividing by the number of years. Due to the way his contract was backloaded it will be extremely difficult to move Lin should he not perform to expectations. And quite frankly, expectations will be high given his media darling status. Should he faulter or perform below average and not continue to generate a media buzz, there is little reason for other teams to be interested in Lin or for the Rockets to have paid him even an average salary.

Given the new CBA....Morey made some rather curious moves. He gave a substantial contract to Lin based upon virtually no track record. He gave a substantial contract to Asik with a limited track record. He gave a major max contract to Harden, who although has shown to be really good at times, has never been the lead player on an NBA team. Further, neither Harden nor Lin are true point guards, both are score first lead guards who crave the ball. Not generally the stuff that creates an NBA championship roster. This is not following money ball principles which is to underpay for efficient players. In fact, Morey reminds me of how the Isiah Knicks used to operate.

His contract is not backloaded. The backloading would have occured only if the Knicks had matched the offer.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/14/2012  10:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2012  10:28 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I think its a little early to judge harden, lin and asik 6 games into the season and say the rockets made a mistake. They have more wins than expected and outplayed Miami. Let's revisit this thread in a month

bingo... I would take that back court duo over anything we have now as well..

If not for a little shotty officiating and the best player and scorer in the world having a riduculous game, rockets win that one.. and should have won it despite the great performance from king james..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/14/2012  10:31 AM
tkf wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I think its a little early to judge harden, lin and asik 6 games into the season and say the rockets made a mistake. They have more wins than expected and outplayed Miami. Let's revisit this thread in a month

bingo... I would take that back court duo over anything we have now as well..

If not for a little shotty officiating and the best player and scorer in the world having a riduculous game, rockets win that one.. and should have won it despite the great performance from king james..

This.

Things that losers say.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/14/2012  12:29 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

No, they're a bit above average. Win shares and wins produced will give you the information you need (if you do care about his numbers).

are you talking about the same win shares and wins produced that said Landry Fields was a king?

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

11/14/2012  12:35 PM
I've supported Felton over Lin (100%) since day one. I loved Felton's run during 2010-2011 in which he averaged 17.1 points, 9.0 assists with 3.3 turnovers per game. Our first playoff push in what felt like forever. Stoudemire also feasted with Felton running the point. With Felton running the point, Stoudemire then went on to set a Knicks franchise record for consecutive games of 30+ points. Amar'e feasted with Felton at the point.

How quickly some of these Jeremy Lin lovers have forgotten, that Felton's 17.1 points, 9.0 assists and 3.3 turnovers per game were better numbers, more productive numbers than what Jeremy Lin put up during Linsanity. The difference? Felton put up those numbers for 54 games. Lin only had a small sample size of 26 games. Felton didn't get hurt after only 26 games either. Lin did. Felton didn't sit out the postseason due to an injury either. But Lin did. Felton loved being a Knick. Our front office had to trade Felton in order for Felton to miss a game in a Knicks uniform. If only the same could be said for an overrated Lin.

Here in 2012-2013, it's no different, Felton is (once again) out performing Jeremy Lin.

Record:
Reymond Felton: 5-0.
Jeremy Lin: 3-4.

Lin: 11.9 per game.

Assists:
Ray: 6.4 per game.
Lin: 6.4 per game.

Turnovers:
Ray: 2.6 per game.
Lin: 2.6 per game.

Field Goal Percentage:
Ray: .400%
Lin: .373%

Three Point Field Goal Percentage:
Ray: .391%
Lin: .308%

Rebounds:
Lin: 4.6 per game.
Ray: 3.2 per game.

Steals:
Lin: 2.4 per game.
Ray: 1.6 per game.

But yet, contract wise, Jeremy Lin is making more than double when compared to what Felton's making. It's a laughing stock joke. Felton's only due $12,540,000 over the next 3 years. Lin on the other hand? He's due $25,123,938 over the next 3 years; more than double Felton's contract. Felton over Jeremy Lin and it's not even close.

You know whats a shame, is that Jeremy Lin never earned his contract. Lin only A.) Played 26 regular season games before B.) Getting hurt while C.) Sitting out the final 17 regular season games while D.) Sitting out at 75-85% health while the Miami Heat murdered the Knicks during postseason play.

Lin looked guilty on that Knicks bench. You know why he looked guilty? Because he used the Knicks for his 26 games of production. He couldn't have cared less about his teammates being manhandled by Miami. He didn't even attempt to play a single minute during our Miami series, and you know why? Because he seen dollar signs were right around the corner. I could see it in his eyes (as he was sitting on that bench) that Jeremy Lin was fearful of being exposed as a potential turnover machine ala losing out on millions, upon million of dollars come the offseason. Trust me, Jeremy Lin knew exactly what he was doing. Sat out for that contract in which he currenlty has. Lin only put up 8 points and 3 assists while committing 8 turnovers against Miami during an 88-102 loss during the regular season. Lin sat out, at 75%-85% health, due to being fearful of being exposed by a very strong/athletic Miami Heat defense come postseason play.

Chances are, Houston doesn't even finish above .500 with Jeremy Lin running that offense.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/14/2012  12:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2012  12:48 PM
I can't wait for 3 years from now. The Rockets will have about alot of cap tied up in 3 players - Lin, Asik & Harden. They might be good enough to make the playoffs and won't suck enough to get good draft picks. OTOH, in 3 years, the Knicks will have total cap flexibility. Let's discuss this topic then and see what kind of genius Morey is :)
Bonn1997
USA
11/14/2012  12:52 PM
Rookie wrote:I can't wait for 3 years from now. The Rockets will have about alot of cap tied up in 3 players - Lin, Asik & Harden. They might be good enough to make the playoffs and won't suck enough to get good draft picks. OTOH, in 3 years, the Knicks will have total cap flexibility. Let's discuss this topic then and see what kind of genius Morey is :)

You know Lin's salary in year 3 is $8 mil, not $14 mil, right?
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/14/2012  12:57 PM
yeah...Asik is 8.3 also and Harden will be 14.9 in 2014/15 = 31.5M
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
11/14/2012  1:19 PM
Rookie wrote:yeah...Asik is 8.3 also and Harden will be 14.9 in 2014/15 = 31.5M

Rookie, in that final year the Rockets have about 41M in committed salary. The Knicks in that same year have 78M is committed salary. Your point about cap flexibility escapes me.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy