[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2012  5:17 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:Crushalot - Lin is helping Harden about as much as Harden is helping Lin. Watch what happens when Lin goes out of the game. Remember when Lin would exit the game here and the team would just fall apart? It is not quite as bad in Houston but clearly Harden has a hard time when Lin goes out. Quite a few guys have commented on this, check the Houston board as well. Lin is a great player and Harden quite a bit above him. But, they both can handle the ball AND create their own shot - deadly back court combo. They have a great chance to do something special there. They are a forward and bench away from that. (Yeah, that is a lot). Our team is leaps above them, so I am a realist. But I also know what Lin can do. He just fits their system so well, so I think he'll do well there.

Regarding Novak - Lin basically recreated him last year. Novak got to play with Tony Parker, pretty good pg. George Hill was also there back then. Novak wasn't much then and the guy is 29 and has been in the league for years. We shouldn't overlook what Lin did. And now Harden is blowing up, no it isn't due to Lin, but Lin is sure helping. I love Novak, but Lin clearly did something for him. That said, if anyone is going to help Novak here, in my opinion it will be Kidd and Prigs. I like Felton but he isn't exactly the same type of creator as those 2 guys or Lin. I would like to see a breakdown of how Novak shoots with our 3 pgs.

The point of my post was that what I saw last night got me really excited about this team. I enjoyed linsanity a lot. However, I am a lifelong fan. I think the current team is going places and I am not thinking about Lin. But yeah I think lin's numbers improve playing with better talent like harden. Asik didn't score a point last night. The rockets were not going anywhere before the harden trade. I still don't know if they make the playoffs but harden gas played great for them.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
3G4G
Member: #4333

11/3/2012  5:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Crushalot - Lin is helping Harden about as much as Harden is helping Lin. Watch what happens when Lin goes out of the game. Remember when Lin would exit the game here and the team would just fall apart? It is not quite as bad in Houston but clearly Harden has a hard time when Lin goes out. Quite a few guys have commented on this, check the Houston board as well. Lin is a great player and Harden quite a bit above him. But, they both can handle the ball AND create their own shot - deadly back court combo. They have a great chance to do something special there. They are a forward and bench away from that. (Yeah, that is a lot). Our team is leaps above them, so I am a realist. But I also know what Lin can do. He just fits their system so well, so I think he'll do well there.

Regarding Novak - Lin basically recreated him last year. Novak got to play with Tony Parker, pretty good pg. George Hill was also there back then. Novak wasn't much then and the guy is 29 and has been in the league for years. We shouldn't overlook what Lin did. And now Harden is blowing up, no it isn't due to Lin, but Lin is sure helping. I love Novak, but Lin clearly did something for him. That said, if anyone is going to help Novak here, in my opinion it will be Kidd and Prigs. I like Felton but he isn't exactly the same type of creator as those 2 guys or Lin. I would like to see a breakdown of how Novak shoots with our 3 pgs.

The point of my post was that what I saw last night got me really excited about this team. I enjoyed linsanity a lot. However, I am a lifelong fan. I think the current team is going places and I am not thinking about Lin. But yeah I think lin's numbers improve playing with better talent like harden. Asik didn't score a point last night. The rockets were not going anywhere before the harden trade. I still don't know if they make the playoffs but harden gas played great for them.

Asik didn't score 1pt yet they still won. Did you notice Asik grabbed 19reb? Did you know Asik is currently a Top 5 rebounder in the league after 2gms(sample size no doubt) but what it shows Morey has targeted young talent very well.

Saying the Rockets were going nowhere before Harden trade is no Revelation. It's like saying The Cubs probably won't win a World Series next year or saying Virginia Tech won't play for the BCS Champsionship....no crap. No one in their right mind not even the most love confessing Lin fan thought the Rockets would be world beaters this year. They are rebuilding their team and off to a helluva start. Many fans here said Morey paid way too much for Harden. Well which is it? The Rockets weren't going anywhere until they acquired Harden or Morey paid too much for him? What do you need another 40gms played before you feel comfortable stating Rockets playoff chances? If so I think most fans can project a team's success after this amount of games played.

HugeKnick4
Member: #4051

11/3/2012  5:32 PM
Didn't Lin have a double double against the Hawks? Preseason? Lol!
CrushAlot
USA
11/3/2012  5:47 PM
3G4G wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Asik didn't score 1pt yet they still won. Did you notice Asik grabbed 19reb? Did you know Asik is currently a Top 5 rebounder in the league after 2gms(sample size no doubt) but what it shows Morey has targeted young talent very well.

Saying the Rockets were going nowhere before Harden trade is no Revelation. It's like saying The Cubs probably won't win a World Series next year or saying Virginia Tech won't play for the BCS Champsionship....no crap. No one in their right mind not even the most love confessing Lin fan thought the Rockets would be world beaters this year. They are rebuilding their team and off to a helluva start. Many fans here said Morey paid way too much for Harden. Well which is it? The Rockets weren't going anywhere until they acquired Harden or Morey paid too much for him? What do you need another 40gms played before you feel comfortable stating Rockets playoff chances? If so I think most fans can project a team's success after this amount of games played.

Yeah I know all about asik. I guess I am struggling to get my point accross. I am not being critical of Lin or asik. I do think that the rockets didn't have much on offense before getting harden. I am not trying to post revelations. My point was I am psyched about the team I saw last night and not thinking about Lin.
CrushAlot
USA
11/3/2012  5:47 PM
3G4G wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah I know all about asik. I guess I am struggling to get my point accross. I am not being critical of Lin or asik. I do think that the rockets didn't have much on offense before getting harden. I am not trying to post revelations. My point was I am psyched about the team I saw last night and not thinking about Lin.
nehemiah
Member: #3928

11/3/2012  6:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2012  6:15 PM
(NUPE)As for 20 and 10. Not gonna happen. Now, I have given an opinion.

Wow Dupe, how did I know your opinion before you even gave it? I must be some kinda genius.

Now dumass, after hyping the poor preseason numbers to start this thread, I feel bad for you to have to keep coming back here to state "facts" of stats that don't resemble at all his pre season. The thing isn't a big deal, except that dumasses like you are why the Knicks make poor personnel decisions, and that's what makes it more of a deal. And I hope you try to defend your opinion now instead of just saying "all I do is post stats" when your "opinion" doesn't look favorable. By the way, I know you like to cite technicalities, so is it strictly 20 and 10 before letting him go is considered a mistake? Does 19 and 11 count? How about 18 and 9 and 9? Because 20 and 10 are your numbers, but I know how you're such a stickler for numbers.

NUPE
Member: #4205

11/3/2012  6:34 PM
I don't think he will average 20 and 10. In fact, most people don't think he will do 20 and 10. In your mind, anyone that does not believe Lin will do 20 and 10 this year is a hater?!?! LOL!
nehemiah

11/3/2012  6:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2012  7:04 PM
NUPE wrote:I don't think he will average 20 and 10. In fact, most people don't think he will do 20 and 10. In your mind, anyone that does not believe Lin will do 20 and 10 this year is a hater?!?! LOL!

No, you're the hater (of Lin), otherwise you wouldn't have set such unreasonable expectations. So if Lin doesn't meet 20 and 10 it was fine letting him walk? Wow Dupe, that's really going out on a limb. Last year (not a full season), no guard averaged 20 and 10. In 2010-11, only Chris Paul averaged 20 and 10. So you're really courageous when you ask for that (I'm a bit scared to see what you ask of Melo). Even so, I think Lin might, but understand that that's a very very high bar that you've set for him.

But what's the point, whether he is better than Chris Paul (to be able to average that his first full season?). The point (as everyone knows is the real debate) is whether the Knicks made a mistake by letting go a a superior guard (which many DO think he is, even if he doesn't average 20 and 10 -- by the way, who is the last Knick to have averaged that?). The relevant question is whether the Knicks made a mistake. And your position on that is . . . ? Or are we just playing some statistical game that NO guard this year might meet? And then ridicule Lin for not meeting 20 and 10. By the way, the next game is fairly soon. NBA season pass is free the first week so you should be able to watch -- I suggest you do. Basketball is more than just stats -- it's Lin's first game this season at home.

nehemiah

11/3/2012  7:00 PM
FYI for All: Walt Frazier came closest to 20 and 10 in 1969-70. He averaged 20.9 and 8.2. His highest scoring season was 71-72 at 23.2, but his assists that year was 5.8.
NUPE

11/3/2012  7:12 PM
The point of this thread is to see how Lin plays, track Lin's stats and discuss Lin's play. CP3 and Walt Fraizer are not really relevant to this thread at all. The Knicks have three good pg and all of them came cheap. I don't see how they made a mistake.
nehemiah

11/3/2012  7:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2012  7:19 PM
NUPE wrote:The point of this thread is to see how Lin plays, track Lin's stats and discuss Lin's play. CP3 and Walt Fraizer are not really relevant to this thread at all. The Knicks have three good pg and all of them came cheap. I don't see how they made a mistake.

Why? Where is Josh Harrellson's and Toney Douglas' thread to track their progress? They were here longer than Lin. Dude, you're really starting to weasel out. Just admit that you thought he was going to tank, and may not be right. It's okay, you're not alone. You might still be right.

3G4G

11/3/2012  7:36 PM
nehemiah wrote:
NUPE wrote:The point of this thread is to see how Lin plays, track Lin's stats and discuss Lin's play. CP3 and Walt Fraizer are not really relevant to this thread at all. The Knicks have three good pg and all of them came cheap. I don't see how they made a mistake.

Why? Where is Josh Harrellson's and Toney Douglas' thread to track their progress? They were here longer than Lin. Dude, you're really starting to weasel out. Just admit that you thought he was going to tank, and may not be right. It's okay, you're not alone. You might still be right.

Where are the Fields threads while we're at it?

NUPE

11/3/2012  7:41 PM
nehemiah wrote:

You are actually asking why Lin gets a thread tracking his stats but Douglas and Harrellson don't? LoL! You have gone off the deep end, kid. Get well.

nehemiah

11/3/2012  9:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2012  9:40 PM
NUPE wrote:
nehemiah wrote:

You are actually asking why Lin gets a thread tracking his stats but Douglas and Harrellson don't? LoL! You have gone off the deep end, kid. Get well.

Nice try. If it's all about an ex-player's stats, with no emotional involvement, why is Lin special that he deserves a thread? How long do you plan to put up his stats and track his play? Why do it? It's a legitimate question. I think we know the answer. You are worse than someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. You're a coward who doesn't want to be seen as being wrong. So this thread is "just for facts, just to track his play" while saying "what do those of you who thought Lin was going to put up 20/10 say now after the bad preseason?". There was no actual reason to do it see. Except that the first post of the thread did show that you were invested in Lin doing poorly and were making fun of his preseason numbers. Now that he's doing better, it's just about stats and tracking play without any analysis of why. NUPE, you're chickensht. You don't have enough in you to defend your opinions. AS I've said, it's fine to be wrong. Doubting that Lin will be a good PG in the NBA is a position others have.

So if Lin does poorly, NUPE will come on and ridicule his numbers. If he does well, he'll come and say, these are his stats for last night for the game that I didn't watch. Sorry dude, you're not worth it. I may comment on this thread again, but not anything directly with you.

CrushAlot
USA
11/3/2012  9:56 PM
3G4G wrote:
nehemiah wrote:

Fields scored tonight. Not sure if he has scored again but I believe prior to the 4th quarter of the nets game that was his only field goal in 7 quarters. I have nothing against fields but he is over paid.

3G4G

11/3/2012  9:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
3G4G wrote:
nehemiah wrote:

Fields scored tonight. Not sure if he has scored again but I believe prior to the 4th quarter of the nets game that was his only field goal in 7 quarters. I have nothing against fields but he is over paid.

He did other things but offensively he's a mess right now. He has added a couple moves to his game, he just has to execute them.

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/3/2012  9:25 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

SO if one person says something everyone else is lumped in the same boat? I didn't even comment about Lin being good or not but you just ready to fight for him. Good for you. I like Lin will root for him but do I think it is the end of the world that he is gone? No.

That's pretty much that guys posting style in a fortune cookie.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
NUPE

11/3/2012  9:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2012  10:03 PM
Lin pre-season average: 24.8 MPG, 6.2 PPG, 2.3 RPG, 6.0 APG, 2.2 SPG, 3.0 TO, .295 FG%, .300 3P%, .727 FT%

By any standard, an awful pre-season. Now, the reg. season has begun. His stats are as follows:

Game 1 @ Det.: 35.5 minutes, 12 Points, 4 Rebounds, 8 Assists, 4 Steals, 4 TO, .417 FG%, .000 3P%, 1.00 FT%
Game 2 @ Atl.: 33.3 minutes, 21 points, 10 Rebounds, 7 assists, 0 Steals, 3 TO, .375 FG%, .666 3P%, .875 FT%
Game 3 @ Por.: 37.2 minutes, 13 points, 3 Rebounds, 7 assists, 3 Steals, 3 TO, .384 FG%, .250 3P%, 1.00 FT%

Average game for Lin. Rough shooting night for him. His assists and steals are consistent. His shooting has been bad overall.

3G4G

11/3/2012  9:47 PM
Tonight they ran out of gas, looked tired. Lin played good and bad. The Alley Oop play was not heady at all, but he had 3 dimes tonight that were really incredible. Needs to take more midrange shots just to keep the defense honest.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/3/2012  9:48 PM
If the point is just to track Lin's stats, why do you give your interpretation afterwards?
Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy