[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
NUPE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4205

11/3/2012  9:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2012  9:12 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nehemiah wrote:
Update with last nights game. I did not watch any hoops last night, including Knicks game, but obviously a great game for Lin all around. Kudos to him.

Was this thread started just to cite Lin stats after each game, or was there a point to the thread? It seems like you started the thread to say, "See, Lin wasn't worth all that". I think you should admit that you started the thread if not with those exact intentions, but something negative toward Lin. I'm telling you now, Lin will put up often very excellent numbers (and of course not every game). It's very adult to admit that you may have been wrong.

+1. And Nupe got really excited when it looked like the preseason was confirming his views on Lin.

What you fail to understand is that I post facts which are stats in this case. It seems you kids are butt-hurt over the fact that I posted Lin's terrible games and said they were bad games. LoL! I also posted his good game and called it a good game without trying to downplay it. That is what's called, fair and accurate reporting. Unlike you, I have NO agenda.

AUTOADVERT
nehemiah
Member: #3928

11/3/2012  9:59 AM
NUPE wrote:It's just preseason but....

20 minutes, 1-3 (0-2 from 3), 3 points, 1 rebound, 6 assists, 3 steals, 3 turnovers
23 minutes, 2-6, 9 pts, 1 reb, 7 assists, 2 steals, 2 TO's
25 minutes, 1-10 (0-3), 4 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 2 TO's
31 minutes, 3-9 (0-3), 7 pts, 5 reb, 12 ast, 4 stl, 2 TO's
31 minutes, 1-8 (0-1), 2 pts, 3 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl, 6 TO's

Averages: 26.0 MPG, 5.0 PPG, 2.2 RPG, 6.2 APG, 2.4 SPG, 3.0 TO, .222 FG%, .000 3P% (0-9), .600 FT%

So, are the people on this board predicting 20 and 10 for Lin this reg. season sticking with that?!?!?!?!

We all know if Felton were stinking it up this bad during the pre-season he'd be getting killed on this board....

This was your initial post that started this thread. To anybody reading, does this post seem like there is "NO agenda"?

I was going to post how Lin very well may live up to 20 and 10 (why wouldn't he, he has real vision and skills) and trash your shortsightedness, but the reality is that he isn't here anymore and it really does no one much good. Except that we should learn a huge lesson here. It was a big mistake to get nothing for Lin. We should have matched the offer, or at the very least, found a way to get something for Lin. We severely undervalued him.

NUPE

11/3/2012  10:08 AM
nehemiah wrote:

20 minutes, 1-3 (0-2 from 3), 3 points, 1 rebound, 6 assists, 3 steals, 3 turnovers

Averages: 26.0 MPG, 5.0 PPG, 2.2 RPG, 6.2 APG, 2.4 SPG, 3.0 TO, .222 FG%, .000 3P% (0-9), .600 FT%

So, are the people on this board predicting 20 and 10 for Lin this reg. season sticking with that?!?!?!?!

We all know if Felton were stinking it up this bad during the pre-season he'd be getting killed on this board....

This was your initial post that started this thread. To anybody reading, does this post seem like there is "NO agenda"?

I was going to post how Lin very well may live up to 20 and 10 (why wouldn't he, he has real vision and skills) and trash your shortsightedness, but the reality is that he isn't here anymore and it really does no one much good. Except that we should learn a huge lesson here. It was a big mistake to get nothing for Lin. We should have matched the offer, or at the very least, found a way to get something for Lin. We severely undervalued him.

He played bad. I said he played bad. He had a good game. I said he played great. The end.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/3/2012  10:14 AM
nehemiah wrote:

If you throw some numbers (that is, "facts") in, it means you no longer have an agenda! I can't believe no one ever thought of that before!
nehemiah
Member: #3928

11/3/2012  10:18 AM
NUPE wrote:
nehemiah wrote:

He played bad. I said he played bad. He had a good game. I said he played great. The end.

You know, I was going to let it drop but you are so full of shet that I'm going to call you on it. To answer your original question on whether I'm sticking with 20 and 10, YES I AM.

ARE YOU, Dumbass? You obviously weren't at the time of your post, as you left out yourself from "are people on this board".

Opinions like yours are what causes the Knicks to make ongoing poor personnel decisions.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/3/2012  10:30 AM
nehemiah wrote:
NUPE wrote:
nehemiah wrote:

You know, I was going to let it drop but you are so full of shet that I'm going to call you on it. To answer your original question on whether I'm sticking with 20 and 10, YES I AM.

ARE YOU, Dumbass? You obviously weren't at the time of your post, as you left out yourself from "are people on this board".

Opinions like yours are what causes the Knicks to make ongoing poor personnel decisions.

Last night's win transcended Linsanity for me. When that started the Knicks were dead in the water and needed to change the coach. It was great to see a guy come out and do what Lin did. He also had a big hand in getting the Knicks back on twc. The run was awesome but to start the season off beating the Heat and looking as good as they did last night was amazing. The Knicks have a great front court but their back court looked phenomenal last night and it was the first game of the season. I think Lin's numbers get a boost because of Harden but I don't think he gets to 20-10. My guess would be 15-7 with Harden. I moved on from Lin awhile ago but I would think after last night others would start to as well.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/3/2012  12:51 PM
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:Dude Harden is nice. I already said he was worth the money and is a young Joe Johnson 2.0

Harden isn't going to sustain his current production. Teams are also going to start locking in on him.

He's not Joe Johnson you can keep yourself telling yourself that. He's not Joe Bro...plays nothing like him.

Talent wise man. Dudes act like Joe Johnson is a scrub because he got overpaid.

I hate to agree with Anubis but Joe Johnson was the frikkin TRUTH. Someone hung 50 on me with him in NBA2k.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/3/2012  12:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2012  12:59 PM
holfresh wrote:Ha...All these posters claim to have the Knicks best interest at heart, funny...You read their post and it revisionist history...Can anyone dispute the real reason the Knicks have not played up to it's potential is because Amare has been injured the last two and a half years...Can anyone dispute this fact...Melo being at the scene of the crime becomes an easy target and gets the blame...Fact is Gallo is a decent player, not a great player but decent...People here seems to think he will be great, we will see...Lin will be a decent pro as well...He is more suited to come off the bench but he will be ok...Some how Melo pissed in a few Knick fan's cereal because Lin and Gallo is no longer here...Grow Up...Lin groupies believe since he has had 20+ and 30+ scoring output with the Knicks that some how that will be his scoring averages...Felton too has had 20+ and 30+ scoring outputs with the Knicks...I'll take Felton over Lin everyday of the week and twice on Sundays because he is just a better overall player...I'll take Melo over Gallo every day as well...So for me, this makes the Knicks better period...Talk now isn't IF we make the playoffs but how far we go...That all depends on Amare's health...And dat's the truth, Ruth!!!

Agreed. Once Lin requests a trade to Orlando so he can have his own team and escapes the spot light hogging bearded one, we'll really see if Michael Jordan was simply the black Jeremy Lin.

God I hate that kid.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/3/2012  1:25 PM
Friends of Lin, Landry Fields and Toney Douglas are beasting:

Toney Douglas: FG 0% 3PT 0% 1 reb 1.5 assists 1 TO 1.0 Pts
Landry Fields: FG 0% 3PT 0% 2 reb 1 assist 1 TO 0.0 Pts

Picking up where they left off! Ha, only 1 or 2 games though- wonder who gets a field goal first...

NUPE

11/3/2012  1:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2012  1:27 PM
nehemiah wrote:
NUPE wrote:
nehemiah wrote:

Except I have not really voiced an opinion in this thread. All I have done is post stats for the most part. Try again, kid.

As for 20 and 10. Not gonna happen. Now, I have given an opinion.

CrushAlot
USA
11/3/2012  1:32 PM
smackeddog wrote:Friends of Lin, Landry Fields and Toney Douglas are beasting:

Toney Douglas: FG 0% 3PT 0% 1 reb 1.5 assists 1 TO 1.0 Pts
Landry Fields: FG 0% 3PT 0% 2 reb 1 assist 1 TO 0.0 Pts

Picking up where they left off! Ha, only 1 or 2 games though- wonder who gets a field goal first...

Fields played around 25 minutes in his game. I want to see him tonight in the game against the Nets. I was really impressed with Lowry in the preseason. It should be a good game.
3G4G
Member: #4333

11/3/2012  3:24 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:Dude Harden is nice. I already said he was worth the money and is a young Joe Johnson 2.0

Harden isn't going to sustain his current production. Teams are also going to start locking in on him.

He's not Joe Johnson you can keep yourself telling yourself that. He's not Joe Bro...plays nothing like him.

Talent wise man. Dudes act like Joe Johnson is a scrub because he got overpaid.

I hate to agree with Anubis but Joe Johnson was the frikkin TRUTH. Someone hung 50 on me with him in NBA2k.

Really 2k2 is being used as a means for basketball reasoning?

Oy Vey!

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
11/3/2012  3:46 PM
Crushalot - Lin is helping Harden about as much as Harden is helping Lin. Watch what happens when Lin goes out of the game. Remember when Lin would exit the game here and the team would just fall apart? It is not quite as bad in Houston but clearly Harden has a hard time when Lin goes out. Quite a few guys have commented on this, check the Houston board as well. Lin is a great player and Harden quite a bit above him. But, they both can handle the ball AND create their own shot - deadly back court combo. They have a great chance to do something special there. They are a forward and bench away from that. (Yeah, that is a lot). Our team is leaps above them, so I am a realist. But I also know what Lin can do. He just fits their system so well, so I think he'll do well there.

Regarding Novak - Lin basically recreated him last year. Novak got to play with Tony Parker, pretty good pg. George Hill was also there back then. Novak wasn't much then and the guy is 29 and has been in the league for years. We shouldn't overlook what Lin did. And now Harden is blowing up, no it isn't due to Lin, but Lin is sure helping. I love Novak, but Lin clearly did something for him. That said, if anyone is going to help Novak here, in my opinion it will be Kidd and Prigs. I like Felton but he isn't exactly the same type of creator as those 2 guys or Lin. I would like to see a breakdown of how Novak shoots with our 3 pgs.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/3/2012  3:50 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:Crushalot - Lin is helping Harden about as much as Harden is helping Lin. Watch what happens when Lin goes out of the game. Remember when Lin would exit the game here and the team would just fall apart? It is not quite as bad in Houston but clearly Harden has a hard time when Lin goes out. Quite a few guys have commented on this, check the Houston board as well. Lin is a great player and Harden quite a bit above him. But, they both can handle the ball AND create their own shot - deadly back court combo. They have a great chance to do something special there. They are a forward and bench away from that. (Yeah, that is a lot). Our team is leaps above them, so I am a realist. But I also know what Lin can do. He just fits their system so well, so I think he'll do well there.

Regarding Novak - Lin basically recreated him last year. Novak got to play with Tony Parker, pretty good pg. George Hill was also there back then. Novak wasn't much then and the guy is 29 and has been in the league for years. We shouldn't overlook what Lin did. And now Harden is blowing up, no it isn't due to Lin, but Lin is sure helping. I love Novak, but Lin clearly did something for him. That said, if anyone is going to help Novak here, in my opinion it will be Kidd and Prigs. I like Felton but he isn't exactly the same type of creator as those 2 guys or Lin. I would like to see a breakdown of how Novak shoots with our 3 pgs.

I disagree and I like Lin but he is not helping Harden s much as Harden is helping Lin. Also, Toney Douglas is Lin's back up and there is the reason the offense falls apart.

3G4G

11/3/2012  3:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2012  3:57 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:Crushalot - Lin is helping Harden about as much as Harden is helping Lin. Watch what happens when Lin goes out of the game. Remember when Lin would exit the game here and the team would just fall apart? It is not quite as bad in Houston but clearly Harden has a hard time when Lin goes out. Quite a few guys have commented on this, check the Houston board as well. Lin is a great player and Harden quite a bit above him. But, they both can handle the ball AND create their own shot - deadly back court combo. They have a great chance to do something special there. They are a forward and bench away from that. (Yeah, that is a lot). Our team is leaps above them, so I am a realist. But I also know what Lin can do. He just fits their system so well, so I think he'll do well there.

Novak also played with Baron and he played with T-Mac as a rookie. With Novak it was a case of opportunity and a point guard like Lin making things easier for him to shoot in rhythm.

Remember Nupe said Lin shooting 5-12 was terrible?

Well Melo shot 10-28fg yesterday, go ahead and rack your brain over this putrid shooting %, only for him to score 30pts. Meanwhile Harden shoots 14-19/2-4/15-17. This is what we need to see more of from Melo.... efficiency and not volume chucking.

3G4G

11/3/2012  3:56 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

I disagree and I like Lin but he is not helping Harden s much as Harden is helping Lin. Also, Toney Douglas is Lin's back up and there is the reason the offense falls apart.

During Pre-Season Douglas was being big upped over Lin when Lin commented on his explosiveness not being there and contributing some to his poor play. Now Lin is only so good because Douglas is so bad.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/3/2012  4:02 PM
3G4G wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

During Pre-Season Douglas was being big upped over Lin when Lin commented on his explosiveness not being there and contributing some to his poor play. Now Lin is only so good because Douglas is so bad.

SO if one person says something everyone else is lumped in the same boat? I didn't even comment about Lin being good or not but you just ready to fight for him. Good for you. I like Lin will root for him but do I think it is the end of the world that he is gone? No.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

11/3/2012  4:16 PM
Papabear Says

Listen ! I don't care how many points, rebounds, assists, Lin makes. He would have never jelled with Melo. All the press going to Lin no matter what Melo would do. There can be only one alfa male in New York and that's Melo. The press would bring the team down. I wish Lin luck and the best but it just wouldn't work in the Knicks plans. What the Knicks had to do was the right thing, Now Lin can grow and so can Melo.

Papabear
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/3/2012  4:41 PM
Looking forward to that first meeting with Houston.
CrushAlot
USA
11/3/2012  5:17 PM

The point of my post was that what I saw last night got me really excited about this team. I enjoyed linsanity a lot. However, I am a lifelong fan. I think the current team is going places and I am not thinking about Lin. But yeah I think lin's numbers improve playing with better talent like harden. Asik didn't score a point last night. The rockets were not going anywhere before the harden trade. I still don't know if they make the playoffs but harden gas played great for them.

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy