[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2012-2013 Uniforms???
Author Thread
GodNa7ion
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4269

8/22/2012  8:11 PM
I put my laptop screen down and it made the blue darker and I gotta say they look bad ass
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/22/2012  9:36 PM
The gray is neutral so it just adds space to the border.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/22/2012  11:16 PM
I like the Gray. I think it fits with the more Pastel look they've been going towards. It actually gives me the feeling of a new start. I know it's a psychological trick, but it actually does make me feel like there's a break between the old and the new. This team has a new identity and a new Uni is just what the doctor ordered. Without the Gray then you pretty much have just another somewhat retro looking Uni. Now it's distinctly about this new era. Granted that we still don't know for sure these are the actual Unis but if they are that would be a good thing IMO.

This also creates some new fashion options. Different color combinations where you can bring in that gray in accessories and Sneakers.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/23/2012  12:28 AM
FrenchKnicks wrote:It s not about gray as a colour, it s just that gray does not belong in the knicks logo / uniform history. You don t add a colour to a jersey just to add one in my opinion.

you could have said the same thing about the black in the unis when they first came out, and those seem to be a crowd favorite

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander

8/23/2012  12:30 AM
nixluva wrote:I like the Gray. I think it fits with the more Pastel look they've been going towards. It actually gives me the feeling of a new start. I know it's a psychological trick, but it actually does make me feel like there's a break between the old and the new. This team has a new identity and a new Uni is just what the doctor ordered. Without the Gray then you pretty much have just another somewhat retro looking Uni. Now it's distinctly about this new era. Granted that we still don't know for sure these are the actual Unis but if they are that would be a good thing IMO.

This also creates some new fashion options. Different color combinations where you can bring in that gray in accessories and Sneakers.

I prefer the grey to the black... I think it's more modern. I would have preferred blue/orange/white exclusively, but I'm no designer. I just know these are an improvement

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/23/2012  5:47 PM
Only thing That bothers me is the lightening of the orange and blue shade- it IS pretty much the same as OKC's. That team really needs to change their jerseys and logo though.
nixluva
USA
8/23/2012  7:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:Only thing That bothers me is the lightening of the orange and blue shade- it IS pretty much the same as OKC's. That team really needs to change their jerseys and logo though.

When they changed the blue and orange on the website last year I got the feeling they were going to move in this direction. I didn't like it at 1st, but it grew on me. If this is the actual shade of the colors I don't have a problem with it. I think it is a new era so it's good to have a distinct look for this era and in the future we'll have video of the games with this new look and it will even more clearly differentiate this era from all others. OKC should just change theirs anyway. They were always a bit to close to ours IMO.

SupremeCommander

8/23/2012  10:51 PM
I was just thinking about the piping under the arm... maybe it has to with the material? all these companies are competing with Under Armor these days and maybe the new jerseys will have that fit, and I don't know if you can do it with the piping
nixluva
USA
8/23/2012  11:16 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I was just thinking about the piping under the arm... maybe it has to with the material? all these companies are competing with Under Armor these days and maybe the new jerseys will have that fit, and I don't know if you can do it with the piping

Ehhh! Nah I don't think it has to do with the material and fit. I don't think the piping would present a problem with the tighter fit. I do think that it is more comfortable not having the piping under the arm pit! I think it's just softer without that raised thicker material under the arm pit. I think it's part of the performance factor. They've been doing a lot of legitimate work on Uni's to make them more helpful to players in cooling and moisture handling. I think range of motion and comfort under the arm for shooting and less chafing would be a sensible thing to improve.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

8/24/2012  1:45 AM
Are you MEN really discussing colors? UGH!
GodNa7ion
Member: #4269

8/24/2012  12:06 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:Are you MEN really discussing colors? UGH!

Some of us will likely purchase the jersey and hope it doesn't make us look to WNBAish

SupremeCommander

8/24/2012  12:16 PM
nixluva wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I was just thinking about the piping under the arm... maybe it has to with the material? all these companies are competing with Under Armor these days and maybe the new jerseys will have that fit, and I don't know if you can do it with the piping

Ehhh! Nah I don't think it has to do with the material and fit. I don't think the piping would present a problem with the tighter fit. I do think that it is more comfortable not having the piping under the arm pit! I think it's just softer without that raised thicker material under the arm pit. I think it's part of the performance factor. They've been doing a lot of legitimate work on Uni's to make them more helpful to players in cooling and moisture handling. I think range of motion and comfort under the arm for shooting and less chafing would be a sensible thing to improve.

the piping on those 80s jerseys would be stitched onto the jersey, so if it was a more athletic fitting, I don't know if the jersey would give properly... but again, I'm no designed just wondering out loud

I agree with the comfort... the piping is usually Nylon. when you swear over nylon and rub skin on it it can cause a lot of discomfort

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
8/28/2012  7:09 PM
Official Uniform unveiling next Thursday, September 6th!

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/23926/knicks-make-changes-to-uniforms

VCoug
Member: #1406

9/1/2012  10:37 AM

This just showed up on my facebook feed. From the little that can be seen I really like it and the gray doesn't look anywhere nearly as distinct as on the mockups we've seen.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
9/3/2012  10:01 AM
^^^

I like that better too.. It's good that they didn't sandwich the gray in between the orange and blue. Looks like the orange lettering might be "redder" as well

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
9/5/2012  3:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2012  3:16 PM
Amare on Live with Kelly and Michael wearing the new unis:

Michael Strahan replacing Regis is just plain wierd.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/5/2012  3:32 PM
the curve on "new York" looks too flat.

They look plain but we have to see how the full effect is on the Knicks home floor which I expect will have different graphics, the lighting and in HD tv. It all adds to the effect.

I hope the away color is not too light. I expect for TV purposes they are going with a change. Otherwise why change it? WE talking original charter team here. You don't mess with the color unless there is a good reason!

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/5/2012  3:53 PM
Nalod wrote:the curve on "new York" looks too flat.

They look plain but we have to see how the full effect is on the Knicks home floor which I expect will have different graphics, the lighting and in HD tv. It all adds to the effect.

I hope the away color is not too light. I expect for TV purposes they are going with a change. Otherwise why change it? WE talking original charter team here. You don't mess with the color unless there is a good reason!

Yeah, they don't look quite right. I'm not sure- they're different than what we were expecting, maybe that's it- round neck not v-neck- that computer game has the wrong uni's not sure how that happened. Are they going to correct it?

At the moment I don't really like them but maybe it's just because they're new and I need some time to get used to them.

FrenchKnicks
Member: #147
France
9/5/2012  4:19 PM
I like it a LOT better than the computer pic. The round neck is awesome, the gray on the edge and not in between the blue and orange is much better, and the NEW YORK script bas a modern look to it. Can't wait for the official unveiling and all the pics :p
FrenchKnicks
Member: #147
France
9/5/2012  4:31 PM

2012-2013 Uniforms???

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy