[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Knicks Vs Nets 11/26.....Opening nite for Orange & Blue Vs the Black & White!
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/24/2012  9:34 AM
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:$lam dunk in Brooklyn: Net-Knick tix at $800
By RICH CALDER

Last Updated: 10:46 AM, October 23, 2012

Posted: 12:56 AM, October 23, 2012

Welcome to Brooklynsanity.

Tickets to the Nets’ first regular-season game at the new Barclays Center against the crosstown rival Knicks are commanding an average of $800.87 a pop on StubHub and other secondary-market sites.

The sold-out Nov. 1 contest is the hottest ducat for a Big Apple sporting event since the Yankees won the 2009 World Series, says Chris Matcovich of TiqIQ, which tracks secondary-market ticket prices.

It even surpasses the $675.43 ticket average Madison Square Garden saw for a Knicks-Mavericks game in February, when Jeremy Lin was still a Knick and “Linsanity” reached its peak.

“You definitely have a lot of people who want to be among the first to see this new arena — and the fact that it’s the Knicks is also driving up the price,” Matcovich said.

As expected, ticket brokers and season-ticket holders are looking to make a killing off opening night.

The $800.87 average game-day price is already up 18.59 percent from $675.31 on Oct. 1, and it’s six times higher than what an average Nets ticket runs at face value, $132.

The Nets-Knicks game is running as high as $8,100 for courtside seats normally priced for $1,500, and the cheapest seats were selling for $217.

When the then-New Jersey Nets last played the Knicks in April at Newark’s Prudential Center, tickets on the secondary market sold for an average of $114.76 — or seven times less than next week’s highly anticipated match-up.

At the Barclays Center ticket window yesterday, workers routinely turned away fans like Robert Harang, of Bensonhurst, who were unaware the opening game sold out weeks ago.

“This is going to be Brooklyn’s biggest night since the Dodgers left town, and I don’t want to miss it,” said Harang, who added that he has switched from being Knicks fan to Nets fan and is willing to pay $600 for two tickets.

Matcovich said there are roughly 2,400 tickets still up for grabs on the secondary market.

The Barclays Center’s seating capacity for Nets games is 17,732, and the team has sold close to 11,000 season tickets.

The average ticket resale listing price for Nets games this season is now $195, third in the NBA behind the Lakers ($400) and Knicks ($287), Matcovich said.

Last season, the Nets left Jersey on a sour note, ranking last on the secondary market at $32. Some tickets even sold for as cheap as a penny during 21 of the team’s 33 home games.

Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz boasted that he’s not surprised at how hot a ticket the Nets have become.

“Move over, Knicks!” the beep crowed. “New York is not just your town anymore, and with Linsanity over, Brooklyn swagger is about to begin.”

rcalder@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/lam_dunk_in_klyn_5eZqK867A5dueJQF8kcxYO#ixzz2A9LAhZuB

Brooklyn was my first place to stay in US after coming form Russia. 2 years and I like the place.
Have no attachments to the City and losing my last attachmnets to Knicks.
So Nets may be the team to consider... They have much better shot on the chip that Dolans Knicks.
Dolans Knicks have only great chnaces to suck..

See ya!

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2012  10:15 AM
By RICH CALDER

Tickets to the Nets’ first regular-season game at the new Barclays Center against the crosstown rival Knicks are commanding an average of $800.87 a pop on StubHub and other secondary-market sites.

The sold-out Nov. 1 contest is the hottest ducat for a Big Apple sporting event since the Yankees won the 2009 World Series, says Chris Matcovich of TiqIQ, which tracks secondary-market ticket prices.

It even surpasses the $675.43 ticket average Madison Square Garden saw for a Knicks-Mavericks game in February, when Jeremy Lin was still a Knick and “Linsanity” reached its peak.

“You definitely have a lot of people who want to be among the first to see this new arena — and the fact that it’s the Knicks is also driving up the price,” Matcovich said.

As expected, ticket brokers and season-ticket holders are looking to make a killing off opening night.

The $800.87 average game-day price is already up 18.59 percent from $675.31 on Oct. 1, and it’s six times higher than what an average Nets ticket runs at face value, $132.

The Nets-Knicks game is running as high as $8,100 for courtside seats normally priced for $1,500, and the cheapest seats were selling for $217.

When the then-New Jersey Nets last played the Knicks in April at Newark’s Prudential Center, tickets on the secondary market sold for an average of $114.76 — or seven times less than next week’s highly anticipated match-up.

At the Barclays Center ticket window yesterday, workers routinely turned away fans like Robert Harang, of Bensonhurst, who were unaware the opening game sold out weeks ago.

“This is going to be Brooklyn’s biggest night since the Dodgers left town, and I don’t want to miss it,” said Harang, who added that he has switched from being Knicks fan to Nets fan and is willing to pay $600 for two tickets.

Matcovich said there are roughly 2,400 tickets still up for grabs on the secondary market.

The Barclays Center’s seating capacity for Nets games is 17,732, and the team has sold close to 11,000 season tickets.

The average ticket resale listing price for Nets games this season is now $195, third in the NBA behind the Lakers ($400) and Knicks ($287), Matcovich said.

Last season, the Nets left Jersey on a sour note, ranking last on the secondary market at $32. Some tickets even sold for as cheap as a penny during 21 of the team’s 33 home games.

Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz boasted that he’s not surprised at how hot a ticket the Nets have become.

“Move over, Knicks!” the beep crowed. “New York is not just your town anymore, and with Linsanity over, Brooklyn swagger is about to begin.”

rcalder@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/lam_dunk_in_klyn_5eZqK867A5dueJQF8kcxYO#ixzz2A9LAhZuB

Article was to focus on the price of the ticket and what a big game it is for both teams. The dawn of a new era for both teams.

There is a whole generaton of Knick fans that don't have the reference of Willis and Clyde except for the history books nor might the reign of the ewing years coming upon 20 years now in the past. Anyone in their very early 20s or younger see the knicks as a failed franchise the last 14 years.

There is plenty of room for two teams but Dolan understands at least he now has compeition and the knicks in reponse are doing a typical response which is starphuch without purpose collecting names and spending money with no grand design.

The Nets are not championship material by any stretch but they win by making some noise. KNicks can remain the favorite son but they must also do the same.

The knicks control their own destiny in the grab for market share.

Melo needs to live up to the star billing and his contract. The media will eat you alive if you don't. Fans respond to this. Im afraid the hype might not be fulfilable.

Knicks are a good team and they can deliver a big message by winning the opener! Its just one game of 4 between the the two but sooner the knicks can jump out the better ticket sales go for the rest of the year. I imagine lots of folks buy tickets as holiday presents!

Arkrud, I think your like lots of knick fans who read NY media and can't help read the hype driven by the Nets these days. Its an interesting roster with lots of questions to be answered. I will be watching some Nets game and perhaps at the expense of watching some knicks. I suspect there might me many like me who will tune in if even for curiosity. That gives them exposure and a chance.

Nets are not coming across too ****y (except the owner!!!)and I enjoy some of the transparancy they offer via the coach and Billy King. Knicks are not the same.

Not ready to trade in my orange and blue for the black and white but I dig what its doing for NY basketball and raises the bar for both teams. Anything to raise the bar for the knicks is a good thing!!!!

Ticket prices tell the tale, the hype drawing interest!

Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
10/24/2012  10:25 AM
Nalod wrote:
By RICH CALDER

rcalder@nypost.com

Article was to focus on the price of the ticket and what a big game it is for both teams. The dawn of a new era for both teams.

There is a whole generaton of Knick fans that don't have the reference of Willis and Clyde except for the history books nor might the reign of the ewing years coming upon 20 years now in the past. Anyone in their very early 20s or younger see the knicks as a failed franchise the last 14 years.

There is plenty of room for two teams but Dolan understands at least he now has compeition and the knicks in reponse are doing a typical response which is starphuch without purpose collecting names and spending money with no grand design.

The Nets are not championship material by any stretch but they win by making some noise. KNicks can remain the favorite son but they must also do the same.

Melo needs to live up to the star billing and his contract. The media will eat you alive if you don't. Fans respond to this. Im afraid the hype might not be fulfilable.

Knicks are a good team and they can deliver a big message by winning the opener! Its just one game of 4 between the the two but sooner the knicks can jump out the better ticket sales go for the rest of the year. I imagine lots of folks buy tickets as holiday presents!

Arkrud, I think your like lots of knick fans who read NY media and can't help read the hype driven by the Nets these days. Its an interesting roster with lots of questions to be answered. I will be watching some Nets game and perhaps at the expense of watching some knicks. I suspect there might me many like me who will tune in if even for curiosity. That gives them exposure and a chance.

Nets are not coming across too ****y (except the owner!!!)and I enjoy some of the transparancy they offer via the coach and Billy King. Knicks are not the same.

Not ready to trade in my orange and blue for the black and white but I dig what its doing for NY basketball and raises the bar for both teams. Anything to raise the bar for the knicks is a good thing!!!!

That is an excellent point

Nalod
USA
10/24/2012  10:40 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
By RICH CALDER

rcalder@nypost.com

That is an excellent point

My son is 21 and while a knick fan he has a memory of his little Ewing jersey he got when he was 4 but he really had know idea what a "Warrior" he was. There have not been many big games or series where "get your homework done and you can stay up and watch the game with me". At the dinner table I had to explain the complexity of "Sexual harassment" and how it applied to Isiah and MSG. He has no Knick heroes and being my son he is suspect of the hype surrounding Melo.

He is away at school and in his own apartment so he won't have league pass nor will he watch a lot of games.

He is proud of his family's history and Brooklyn being a part of it so it will resonate with him to some degree. This is why I have been saying for a few years this will be a very big deal for the league becasue its not just the 2.5 million that live in brooklyn but all the people who did!

If Nets are successful on the court they will gain a new generation of fan.

Nalod
USA
10/27/2012  12:45 AM
Besides Hardcore, is anyone else going to be at the game?
Nalod
USA
10/27/2012  6:00 PM
If Amare is not playing, who starts in his place. IF Melo swings to the 4 does Novak get the nod at the 3?

Is JR Smith ready?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2012  6:11 PM
Nalod wrote:If Amare is not playing, who starts in his place. IF Melo swings to the 4 does Novak get the nod at the 3?

Is JR Smith ready?

At the game in Syracuse they started Felton, Kidd and Brewer.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
10/29/2012  10:22 AM
ESPN.com: New York Knicks [Print without images]

Monday, October 29, 2012
Three reasons Knicks are better than Nets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Ian Begley

Whether the words are coming from the owner or one of the star players, the Brooklyn Nets have been talking about taking over the city for a while now.

Will it happen in their first year in the Big Apple? Don't think so.

Here are three reasons why the Knicks will remain the most relevant team in New York in 2012-13:

1. DE-FENSE! The strength of this Knicks team -- from the head coach on down -- is on the defensive end. Last season, the Knicks finished in the top 10 in several defensive categories, including fifth in defensive efficiency -- a measure of opponents' points per 100 possessions. This season, the first full campaign under Mike Woodson, the Knicks should be as good, if not better.

Free agent addition Ronnie Brewer is a defensive stopper and Marcus Camby will provide Tyson Chandler with a legitimate backup center this year (if, of course, his calf injury can fully heal).

The Nets, on the other hand, are expected to struggle to get stops, especially on the interior. Brook Lopez and Andray Blatche don't exactly inspire fear in the paint. Reggie Evans does, but he can't do it all down there.

2. MELO > D-WILL: Entering his third year in New York, Carmelo Anthony knows the lay of the land. On the eve of the 2012-13 season, Anthony seems comfortable with all that comes with being a star athlete in the Big Apple. "I can just focus on basketball now," he said recently. That's a good thing for the Knicks, and a bad thing for the rest of the Atlantic Division.

Anthony has vowed to sacrifice scoring for wins -- he says he became more comfortable with the idea of trusting his teammates over the summer while playing with Team USA in London. If Anthony can improve ball movement and keep his teammates involved -- something that hasn't always happened in his first nine years in the league -- the Knicks will benefit. And Anthony could emerge as an MVP candidate.

Deron Williams, the Nets' best player, is a fantastic talent. But you'd think his ankle injury -- which he said recently may require offseason surgery -- will limit him at points during the season. And with Williams out or at less than 100%, the Nets are a different team.

3. AGE IS A VIRTUE: Again and again, the Knicks have been knocked for the older veterans they brought in over the summer. Jason Kidd, 39, Marcus Camby, 38, Rasheed Wallace, 38 and Kurt Thomas, 40, are in the twilight of their respective careers. But for a Knicks team centered around Anthony, Stoudemire and -- to a lesser extent -- Ray Felton, that veteran presence will be a benefit (both on and off the court). These guys know how to play the NBA game and, if healthy (admittedly, a big if), they'll know what to do to complement the Knicks' younger pieces.

This is in contrast to the Nets.

Brooklyn will need some time to develop chemistry and cohesion after overhauling their roster in drastic fashion (even more drastically than the Knicks) over the summer.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/29/2012  12:40 PM
Nalod wrote:If Amare is not playing, who starts in his place. IF Melo swings to the 4 does Novak get the nod at the 3?

Is JR Smith ready?

Kurt Thomas at the 4

Nalod
USA
10/29/2012  2:38 PM
This game even going to happen?

Lot of water coming in. Can't have a game if mass transit not working.

Early to say but the tone of things could change if lives are lost. THe loss of property and lives make for a somber time.

Be safe y'all!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/29/2012  2:44 PM
I'd be shocked if there was a game on thursday. The flooding has already begun and the Sandy hasn't even hit us yet. We know the true effects won't be felt for another 3-4 days
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
10/29/2012  7:00 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I'd be shocked if there was a game on thursday. The flooding has already begun and the Sandy hasn't even hit us yet. We know the true effects won't be felt for another 3-4 days

They're not cancelling Thursday. A lot of people may not be able to get there from outside the city or outside of Brooklyn even, but they won't cancel it because the weather wont be sever by then anymore. Unless theres some kind of devestating damage in the area.

CrushAlot
USA
10/29/2012  8:07 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

Is JR Smith ready?

Kurt Thomas at the 4

Yeah and I think Cope will get some minutes in the second unit. He can score and the Knicks need scoring. It will be interesting to see what happens with Sheed and when he gets into the rotation.
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/30/2012  6:32 PM
Tysons back at practice today, moving well. Camby was the only player who couldn't make it to practice due to fallen trees, so no way he plays the opener.

I'm just wondering if the hurricane has delayed the MSG renovations? Weren't they pushing it time wise anyways- will they be finished for the heat game?

CrushAlot
USA
10/30/2012  7:30 PM
Sheed said he could play 30 minutes tomorrow night.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/31/2012  5:04 AM
Knicks just have to bring it on the defensive end and I think they'll prevail. This team needs to dig in early this season and get into that mindset of shutting teams down. That's what propelled them last year at the end and it's what will push them this year to the top of the Atlantic. If they can do that and hold on until STAT and Shump get back then this team will be in prime position.

Nets have some good talent, but I just don't like their team from a mental attitude position. They have guys that just don't have passion or determination. I think we've got more guys that go hard and are burning to win.

Nalod
USA
10/31/2012  6:41 AM
nixluva wrote:Knicks just have to bring it on the defensive end and I think they'll prevail. This team needs to dig in early this season and get into that mindset of shutting teams down. That's what propelled them last year at the end and it's what will push them this year to the top of the Atlantic. If they can do that and hold on until STAT and Shump get back then this team will be in prime position.

Nets have some good talent, but I just don't like their team from a mental attitude position. They have guys that just don't have passion or determination. I think we've got more guys that go hard and are burning to win.

Wait, you now have a portal into the Nets psyche?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/31/2012  8:39 AM
Merry Knicksmas or Happy Knickerbokkah!
Nalod
USA
10/31/2012  1:47 PM
Game is on!
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/31/2012  2:40 PM
After this disaster of a preseason, all bets are off. No idea how we're going to do, but if we're going to win we have to be a scrappy, defensive beast of a team- hope our team rises to the challenge ahead. Starting off by whooping the Nets in their rusty tin bucket arena would be a sweet.
Game thread: Knicks Vs Nets 11/26.....Opening nite for Orange & Blue Vs the Black & White!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy