[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Knicks Vs Nets 11/26.....Opening nite for Orange & Blue Vs the Black & White!
Author Thread
IrishKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4171

11/26/2012  10:30 PM
subzero0 wrote:
Uptown wrote:I understand people are upset but lets use some logic here. We lose to Nyets and all of a sudden half the Knicks is trash now?! I know nobody wants to here this now but we were without 3 of our top 8 players tonite.

Yes, the season has barely begun and the Knicks are already missing 3 of their top 8 players. Uptown, that is not a good thing, that is pretty bad. Their age caught up to them and they arent even at the halfway point of the season.

Exactly. we have looked very old/slow the last 7 games. houston obviously used taht and killed us. tonight we gave teh nets second chances
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/26/2012  10:31 PM
Uptown wrote:
3G4G wrote:When we needed a last shot in a close game Melo choked...

That's why I prefer winning games with comfortable leads, don't want to see Zero Ball A.K.A. Hero Ball

Choked?! Get out of here!! Dude had 35 and 13 in 50 mins. He cant make every shot. To be honest, it should have never come down to the last shot. The 2 playes before that shot were horrible play calls by Woodson. Those triple screen plays is either going to result in a runner from Felton or an alley oop to Tyson. Nets sagged and let Felton shoot.

kind of empty, he forced a lot of shots, I mean who else got into a rhythm on the knicks.. chandler has to get his off putbacks...carmelo had just 1 assist.. just 1.. as bad as joe johnson played he had 3 assists that pretty much broke the knicks backs. and please don't tell me about carmelo's hockey assists.. the knicks just had 14 total as a team.. deron had that by himself!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
subzero0
Member: #410
11/26/2012  10:31 PM
nixluva wrote:I think Kidd makes all the difference in the world with this team. Just think about how many games Kidd helped us win in the 4th qtr when he comes in and turns up the tempo on D and helps us get good shots. Look this Knicks team is playing without Kidd, Amar'e and Shump. Those are actually key players for this team. Kidd in particular was missed the most tonight, but when we have all of our players this team is going to be really tough to beat

Yea, that is if he can ever get out of the wheelchair again.

The guy has a bummed back. That isnt the kind of injury that vanishes during a season. You cant count on the fact that he is going to start missing a whole lot more games. Knicks have to learn to win without him.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/26/2012  10:32 PM
subzero0 wrote:
Uptown wrote:I understand people are upset but lets use some logic here. We lose to Nyets and all of a sudden half the Knicks is trash now?! I know nobody wants to here this now but we were without 3 of our top 8 players tonite.

Yes, the season has barely begun and the Knicks are already missing 3 of their top 8 players. Uptown, that is not a good thing, that is pretty bad. Their age caught up to them and they arent even at the halfway point of the season.

Shump being out has nothing to do with age. Amare has been falling apart since he got here and Kidd, yes possible due to age.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/26/2012  10:32 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Fuck the Nets.
we ****ed ourselves tonight. i still think nets are overrated. Felton looked liek he didnt belong in the nba

Fuck the Nets.

Good night.

Gymkata
Member: #3169

11/26/2012  10:33 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:
i agree but lately we have been bad. We are 3-4 the last 7

Valid point.

"I can not say all the secrets."
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/26/2012  10:34 PM
Scary we depend on 40yr old Kidd so much
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/26/2012  10:34 PM
3G4G wrote:
Uptown wrote:

That's why I prefer winning games with comfortable leads, don't want to see Zero Ball A.K.A. Hero Ball

Choked?! Get out of here!! Dude had 35 and 13 in 50 mins. He cant make every shot. To be honest, it should have never come down to the last shot. The 2 playes before that shot were horrible play calls by Woodson. Those triple screen plays is either going to result in a runner from Felton or an alley oop to Tyson. Nets sagged and let Felton shoot.

You're confirming my stance on this. Melo filled up the stat sheet...I don't care I've been told for a while now Melo clutch gene separates him from so many players. I don't care about clutch gene I want to win games where we aren't dependent on Hero Ball or last second shot. Because at the end of the day as Melo likes to say a player is probably only going to make 30% of those opportunities which means you watch them fail more than they succeed in such situations.

win or lose melo most of the time will get his-- in the regular season. face it he's a stat sheet stuffer, a player that isaiah thomas covets. it's a disturbing and by now predictable pattern. of course against superior defensive teams come playoff time it's almost always been a lose.... there are stats and then there's floor impact in terms of making others better.

something has to change-- he can't continue to play in a vacuum in a team game.

nets have a nice squad and i am not a fan of johnson.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/26/2012  10:35 PM
tkf wrote:
Uptown wrote:

kind of empty, he forced a lot of shots, I mean who else got into a rhythm on the knicks.. chandler has to get his off putbacks...carmelo had just 1 assist.. just 1.. as bad as joe johnson played he had 3 assists that pretty much broke the knicks backs. and please don't tell me about carmelo's hockey assists.. the knicks just had 14 total as a team.. deron had that by himself!

Chicken or the egg. How do you get an assist when guys around you are shooting horribly. Felton was 3-19 , Wallace was 2-11 and JR was 2-7.

K22
Member: #1182
USA
11/26/2012  10:35 PM
dk7th wrote:nets have a nice squad and i am not a fan of johnson.

I agree - JJ really isn't that good.

On a semi related note - they need to get some value for Humphries while they still can.

-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
RoyBatty
Member: #3531

11/26/2012  10:36 PM
For some reason, we can't recognize the mismatches -- either Anthony being doubled or Felton on the pick and roll. And this is partly Anthony, partly the coach. Insofar as Novak is concerned, he's becoming Landry Fields v2.
tkf
11/26/2012  10:37 PM
nixluva wrote:I think Kidd makes all the difference in the world with this team. Just think about how many games Kidd helped us win in the 4th qtr when he comes in and turns up the tempo on D and helps us get good shots. Look this Knicks team is playing without Kidd, Amar'e and Shump. Those are actually key players for this team. Kidd in particular was missed the most tonight, but when we have all of our players this team is going to be really tough to beat

right now we don't know how shump and amare affects this team.. so I am not going to say we are really missing them as we have started off well without them.. but I will say we miss kidd, who I think is the most important player on this team right now....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
3G4G
Member: #4333

11/26/2012  10:37 PM
dk7th wrote:
3G4G wrote:
Uptown wrote:

You're confirming my stance on this. Melo filled up the stat sheet...I don't care I've been told for a while now Melo clutch gene separates him from so many players. I don't care about clutch gene I want to win games where we aren't dependent on Hero Ball or last second shot. Because at the end of the day as Melo likes to say a player is probably only going to make 30% of those opportunities which means you watch them fail more than they succeed in such situations.

win or lose melo most of the time will get his-- in the regular season. face it he's a stat sheet stuffer, a player that isaiah thomas covets. it's a disturbing and by now predictable pattern. of course against superior defensive teams come playoff time it's almost always been a lose.... there are stats and then there's floor impact in terms of making others better.

Johnson played pretty bad in terms of individual offense but what separates Johnson from a player like Melo isn't clutch gene and it isn't scoring ability, it's his penchant to trust his teammates and make plays for others. Something he's done his whole career. It was Joe Johnson's assists not hockey assists to Jerry Stackhouse. Stack made every back breaking 3 tonight and at least 2-3 of them came from Joe.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/26/2012  10:39 PM
dk7th wrote:
3G4G wrote:
Uptown wrote:

He busted his @ss. Played a man's game. His free throw shooting was really disappointing However, Knicks aren't in this game if melo isn't the hardest working guy on the court. Knicks missed Kidd. Felton, and melo played flawed games. They need kidds presence and guidance.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TeamBall
Member: #4386

11/26/2012  10:39 PM
dk7th wrote:win or lose melo most of the time will get his-- in the regular season. face it he's a stat sheet stuffer, a player that isaiah thomas covets. it's a disturbing and by now predictable pattern. of course against superior defensive teams come playoff time it's almost always been a lose.... there are stats and then there's floor impact in terms of making others better.

Im pretty sure Isaiah would covet Lebron James and Kevin Durant also but doesnt mean theyre team cancers. I agree though that something has to change. I wish I had those earlier games recorded so I could see if we were doing something differently or if other teams just figured the Knicks out.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
tkf
11/26/2012  10:40 PM
Uptown wrote:
3G4G wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Yes, its team ball. Other than Tyson, his teammates came up small on the offensive end. Woodson didnt help either with the two plays he called that proceeded the Melo miss. My point is, it should have never come down to that shot.

uptown, this team wasn't built to have multiple playmakers. which is why melo wanted lin out of town, and honestly, I am not sure woodson was so hot on lin as well, said he needed a PG who shot less.. well felton is taking a lot of shots.. but we lack guys who can create for others off the dribble.. this team is built that way, for better or worse.... what we can hope is that kid doesn't miss many games as he tends to make sense of the madness on the court most of the time...

IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

11/26/2012  10:41 PM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:win or lose melo most of the time will get his-- in the regular season. face it he's a stat sheet stuffer, a player that isaiah thomas covets. it's a disturbing and by now predictable pattern. of course against superior defensive teams come playoff time it's almost always been a lose.... there are stats and then there's floor impact in terms of making others better.

Im pretty sure Isaiah would covet Lebron James and Kevin Durant also but doesnt mean theyre team cancers. I agree though that something has to change. I wish I had those earlier games recorded so I could see if we were doing something differently or if other teams just figured the Knicks out.
teams have figured us out because we fall for the same things like back door passes. Also our age is starting to show
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/26/2012  10:41 PM
This game was more about d. A interesting thing will be if Shump has retained his defensive quickness. If so then the Knicks will not have to worry about helping so much and can stay on the 3 pt shooters. They will not have to cheat or double unlike when Felton is posted up by bigger players. No Shump will not play pg but will defend especially when going Offense to defense down the stretch.
tkf
11/26/2012  10:42 PM
Uptown wrote:
tkf wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Chicken or the egg. How do you get an assist when guys around you are shooting horribly. Felton was 3-19 , Wallace was 2-11 and JR was 2-7.

make better passes... stop shooting so many threes.... but this is the team carmelo wanted.. right? gotta live with that...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/26/2012  10:42 PM
tkf wrote:
Uptown wrote:
3G4G wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Yes, its team ball. Other than Tyson, his teammates came up small on the offensive end. Woodson didnt help either with the two plays he called that proceeded the Melo miss. My point is, it should have never come down to that shot.

uptown, this team wasn't built to have multiple playmakers. which is why melo wanted lin out of town, and honestly, I am not sure woodson was so hot on lin as well, said he needed a PG who shot less.. well felton is taking a lot of shots.. but we lack guys who can create for others off the dribble.. this team is built that way, for better or worse.... what we can hope is that kid doesn't miss many games as he tends to make sense of the madness on the court most of the time...

Lin conspiracy anti -melo posting makes its appearance.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Game thread: Knicks Vs Nets 11/26.....Opening nite for Orange & Blue Vs the Black & White!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy