Eisley to get back up spot, replacing WARD
Author Thread
GucciKnick8
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #17
USA
11/15/2001  3:05 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/15/sports/basketball/15KNIC.html
"You never know here in New York, stuff can happen on any given day," - - -Marcus Camby23
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/15/2001  9:50 AM
Good for JVG. Although he has endured alot of criticism for his choosing of players I think he handled this one pretty well. Charlie had a good camp, and Jeff gave him ample time to prove himself in game situations. Ward flat out wasn't producing, and Eisley deserved a shot...which he got. I think Eisley can help turn this team around. He poses more of a threat on offense than either Jax or Ward do.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/15/2001  10:56 AM
What I like most about Eisley is that he was first to arrive at training and last to leave. Thta's dedication for you and he wasn't even in the lineup. Furthermore during the preseason Eisley had the best numbers and Jax had the worst and Ward did OK. Personally I think JVG should use all three to give us a spark when needed with the point from the bench.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/15/2001  11:44 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

What I like most about Eisley is that he was first to arrive at training and last to leave. Thta's dedication for you and he wasn't even in the lineup. Furthermore during the preseason Eisley had the best numbers and Jax had the worst and Ward did OK. Personally I think JVG should use all three to give us a spark when needed with the point from the bench.

you got that right. from one of the articles:

"Eisley was the last Knick out of the gym yesterday, working on his jumper about 40 minutes after practice ended. "
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
john44
Member: #115
USA
11/15/2001  3:59 PM
i like the move too, although i love wards hustle and toughness he makes some bad desicions at times. Eisley is a smart player and makes few mistakes and that is what u need from the point. But come playoff time i think ward might see some action if not earlier.
Matt
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/15/2001  5:11 PM
Posted by john44:

i like the move too, although i love wards hustle and toughness he makes some bad desicions at times. Eisley is a smart player and makes few mistakes and that is what u need from the point. But come playoff time i think ward might see some action if not earlier.
if he's still with the squad...
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
11/15/2001  5:20 PM
Big question indeed, but who will take him on? Whatever happened to talks with Atlanta or were they bogus? I'd like to get Dermarr Johnson from them and be willing to give up Ward or Jax to get that accomplished. Atlanta isn't too hot on DJ anymore.

jax for DJ+scrubs?

Whaddayou think?
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
11/15/2001  6:13 PM
ehhh Dermarr is a SG-SF type even though he is tall. where would he get minutes at? he would be behind Shandon,spree,and Houston. I would love to get Mohammed or Alan Henderson instead.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
11/15/2001  6:47 PM
DJ is a true SF, which would clear the way for AH or Spree being trade for either a center, pg, ending contracts and/or ending draft picks. I don't know about y'all but I'm kinda fed up with not having a SF. Would like a true center too but I'll take what I can get. DJ doesn't fit with the new Hawks outlook so he can be had.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
11/16/2001  8:55 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

DJ is a true SF, which would clear the way for AH or Spree being trade for either a center, pg, ending contracts and/or ending draft picks. I don't know about y'all but I'm kinda fed up with not having a SF. Would like a true center too but I'll take what I can get. DJ doesn't fit with the new Hawks outlook so he can be had.

Ah here we go again i totally agree with u. That move,acquiring DJ, would indeed give us the flexibility to move Houston and have a real three type player which we didnt have in years. It would also be good because he be a key player in our little rebuilding venture becuase of his youth and athleticism.
knicker for life
Eisley to get back up spot, replacing WARD

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy