[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

AI To NY?
Author Thread
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/16/2004  1:40 PM
it all just seems too good to be true.. i dont really see us getting AI or rasheed(due to the success of detroit) but just imagine..

PG-Marbury/penny
SG-AI/houston
SF-T.Thomas
PF-Rasheed/kurt thomas
C-Nazr/baker
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/16/2004  2:31 PM
You only take AI if you can move Houston. Obviously AI is better than H20, but is he what we need? You can surround AI and Marbury with a bunch of blue collar guys to get rebounds (go get Jerome Williams) can you win a title? Lets say you can trade Nazr for Jerome. Then you sign Adonal Foyal (if he's healthy great shotblocker) or Chris Anderson (possibly the best shotblocker).
This is what you look like:
pg Marbury
sg Iverson
SF TThomas
pf Kurt Thomas
C Baker
Penny plays bachup 1/2 (remember Iverson and Marbury both play heavy minutes). Then Jerome, Sweetney (great fit, monster on offensive glass) and Foyal or Anderson.

Can that team go the finals? Its probably better then Larry Brown's 76rs but I'm not sure thats a good way to build a team. It would be interesting
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Stevo718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #559
3/16/2004  2:49 PM
That's a title right there. With two players like Marbury and AI penetrating and big men to clean up that's a TON of free throws every game. We could create foul problems for every team in the league.

It would be VERY interesting to see how we would do against teams like SA and LA.
s3231
Member: #544
USA
3/16/2004  4:27 PM
As fish said, this may not be the best way to build a team, but if I'm Isiah and I have a chance at Iverson, I take that chance in a heartbeat. Iverson going to the Knicks would be huge. I think some of you guys really underestimate how good he is. He is easily a top 10 NBA player and him along with Marbury gives us one of the best backcourts ever! Houston is a lethal sharpshooter, but lets face it, he is getting old and we can't trust his knees at all. AI is a good upgrade at the SG position and he is younger than Houston. Adding Iverson to the Knicks would easily make the Knicks favorites to come out of the East.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/16/2004  4:40 PM
there is one clear problem. I dont think a team like that can survive a bad shooting night from either of them. We still lack post scoring and against teams with good perimeter defense or some good shot blocking we will have problems.

I think thats an exciting team, but its got some major flaws.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/16/2004  7:18 PM
Ivo would probably end up somewhere in Minny, LA or Houston. Ivo and Starbury on the same team would draw a lot of double teaming opening up someone like TT/Nzar for the real damage. Ha Ha Ha.... That's too good to be true
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/17/2004  10:48 AM
Posted by KEEPCAMBYNY:
Posted by gunsnewing:

I can just see Clyde. The Pearl changed his game , we made it work. Too bad that will never happen now and days.

That was just what I was going to say, many people said that the Clyde/Jesus combo would never work out, but they went on to win a championship, so it could work, but it depends on who is willing to defer to the other. However, a AI and Starbury backcourt is just very exciting thing to think about, notsure if it could work, but I would love to see what it would look like. Actually, now that I think about it, it was that AI/Marbury combo that helped seal the win for the east in the allstar game of 2001, they were in the backcourt during the final minutes of that game, Steph hit a clutch three I believe, and AI ended up winning the MVP. However, that was only an all star game.

Could work, but that Reed, Debuschure, Bradley, Lucas and other "role" players made that team.

AI could exist, but would have to do less, and we still need big dudes. I don't think we could afford to pay a trio of Allan, AI and Marbs, and have resources for height. I don't even know what it would take to get him?

Nice thought, but I would imagine it would take a top 5 lotto pick, and some nice change to make it happen.
TRU
Member: #196
USA
3/17/2004  6:16 PM
You guys are retarded.

What in Ive's past makes you think he'd be so quick to co-exist? Have you been asleep the last 6 years? This guy commit's coach-a-cide every year. Last week, this guy refused to play because he wasn't starting... and you think he'd come to NY with an olive branch of peace in his mouth?

This guy is the biggest cry-baby in the league and he's just not that good anymore. And he's going to get worse. And he gets $22 MILLION in his final year.

Rediculous.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/17/2004  8:21 PM
Posted by TRU:

You guys are retarded.

What in Ive's past makes you think he'd be so quick to co-exist? Have you been asleep the last 6 years? This guy commit's coach-a-cide every year. Last week, this guy refused to play because he wasn't starting... and you think he'd come to NY with an olive branch of peace in his mouth?

This guy is the biggest cry-baby in the league and he's just not that good anymore. And he's going to get worse. And he gets $22 MILLION in his final year.

Rediculous.
his $22mil is'nt that far off from ah's $20mil. not to mention the fact that ai has no one to put their foot down and control him. some players need that. (as childish as it may seem.)do you think he'd listen to zeke and wilkens? i do.
btw, he's not that good anymore? c'mon, don't confuse injury with ability.
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
3/17/2004  8:44 PM
injury????????????? 2 for 21 is an injury????????????

even it was from an injury, use your brain and stop chucking up shots and help you TEAM score.

ai is a chucker and a cry baby.

i do not want him on this team. ever
daddynel
3/17/2004  9:14 PM
Posted by turtle33:

even it was from an injury, use your brain and stop chucking up shots and help you TEAM score.

god forbid that argueably the best scorer in the game have a bad night. i guess the 40pt nights are all sratched off the books now right? just for the record, you'd be a chucker too if you were the only scorer on your team. i don't see the sixers complaining about his (chucking) anyway. it just so happens that his (chucking) has gotten them as far as it has in the past, not anyone else.
resolve your issues with the fact that you don't like him as a person, and think rationally. btw, if you think for a second that anyone is going to argue the fact that this is steph's team your nucking futs! not even ah argue's that fact, and he was the captain when steph got here.
TRU
Member: #196
USA
3/17/2004  9:25 PM
2 for 21 is not a bad nite. 2 for 21 is a player in denial.

AI denies the fact that his attitude is preventing him from making his teammates better-- the most important component to being a superstar (and leading a team to a championship).

AI denies the fact that his refusal to practice (and lift weights, for that matter) affects his performance on the floor.

AI denies the fact he must evolve as a player (and a person) to achieve any more sucess in this league.

Arguably the best scorer in the game? Realistically, Let's say you were down by one with the Championship on the line and 8 seconds left, and you could pick any player in the league to take the last shot.

Where would AI fall on your list?
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/17/2004  9:44 PM
Philly may want shop Ivo, then again that makes sense, but what happens if Philly decides to let Ivo go unprotected....I could hear the bubble wrap poppin'...he he
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
turtle33
Canada
3/17/2004  10:40 PM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by turtle33:

god forbid that argueably the best scorer in the game have a bad night. i guess the 40pt nights are all sratched off the books now right? just for the record, you'd be a chucker too if you were the only scorer on your team. i don't see the sixers complaining about his (chucking) anyway. it just so happens that his (chucking) has gotten them as far as it has in the past, not anyone else.
resolve your issues with the fact that you don't like him as a person, and think rationally. btw, if you think for a second that anyone is going to argue the fact that this is steph's team your nucking futs! not even ah argue's that fact, and he was the captain when steph got here.

8 for 23 tonight thats what, 35%?

if you dont like the "chucking" i will refrase it. how about horrible shot selection.

i cant stand him as a person. all he does is talk about himself "i'm a starter" " i;m going to win no matter where i go" IN MY OPINION he is the most selfish selfcentred player in the league.

i'm sure he's had and has scoring help. tonight he took almost as many shots as mckie, thomas and snow combined...........who shot a combined 54%.

i must say it is finally nice to have someone to argue about this with. most people like him but will never stick up for him.
turtle33
Canada
3/17/2004  10:48 PM
Arguably the best scorer in the game? Realistically, Let's say you were down by one with the Championship on the line and 8 seconds left, and you could pick any player in the league to take the last shot.

ai would be far down on that list

and btw

as much as i hate to say it.........probably reggie miller
daddynel
3/17/2004  11:33 PM
Posted by turtle33:

ai would be far down on that list

and btw

as much as i hate to say it.........probably reggie miller
"realistically" let's say you were down with the championship on the line, who on the philly squad would you want taking the last shot? because "realistically" philly is the team were talking about. not the entire nba. one more thing, name 3 players that can outscore ai in a season. now ask yourself which of those players can we get our hands on?
now don't get me wrong, i've never really been an ai fanatic, but if we could get him for a reasonable price, i'm all for it.
1.marbury
2.iverson
3.thomas
4.thomas(pre-trade)
5.mohamed(pre-wallace)
that is a hellafied starting five!
daddynel
3/17/2004  11:37 PM
reggie miller......lol. turtle got jokes. at least we share the same hate for miller.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/17/2004  11:42 PM
All this bs about attitude and ego is crap. Iverson took his team to the finals. So what do you mean by "further success" exactly? NBA is about superstars. Superstars win championships and sell tickets, aka make money for the franchise.

It should all about Iverson in Philly, he is the Sixers. It is all about Shaq and Kobe and Phill in LA, and they have a goddamn dynasty going. I'm gonna take selfishness and guys being jerks any day for a title run.

NBA is about individual performances. Yes team play matters, but w/out a superstar, team play amounts to jacks squat. I can't beleave that you guys don't realize that AI has got absolute disgrace of a supporting cast this yeah. Hell, the title year that teams sucked. Deke was on the downturn, Snow?? Lynch?? Tyrone Hill?? Was that even an NBA team? Take Iverson out of there and put in, lets say, Kidd, and that team goes nowhere.

Iverson plays 100% every night. That is the most you can ask from anybody. He is a warrior. Ewing did not give a damn about what people though of him and had a huge ego. But he was a warrior, so now you are gonna say Ewing was not a guy you wanted on your team?

As for AI being a bad person, do you know him? How do you know how he is, you ever even met him? You just go by what media that wants to sell papers and has less and less credibility every year feeds you and say, oh AI must be a bad guy cause the paper says so.

Larry Brown didn’t like him? How many titles does Larry has? How many teams has he ran away from? Is that a sign of a good loyal coach? Ford benches him w/out talking to him? What kind of crap that is? I would refuse to play to. Put yourself in AI's shoes, the team has been destroyed with awful management decisions over the last 2 years and they have the nerve to point the finger at you. This is nonsense, complete 100% nonsense!
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AI To NY?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy