[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

AI To NY?
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
3/15/2004  8:32 PM
Dr. Jack of ESPn suggested that AI might end up in NY. It is clear that he wants to play here but Marbury would eb really pissed becuase it would no longer be his own team. Could the Knicks package their expiring contracts (othella, cezary, mutombo) in a 3 way trade A team looking for relief could take the expiring contracts and send another star to Phili. The only problems would be what to do with Houston. It is doughtful that he would be able to play sf although he could play for a short amount of time and sub in when AI gets injured. Imagine a lineup of:

pg-Marbury
sg-AI
sf-Thomas/Houston
pf-KT/Sweets
c-Weed

If Houston comes off the bench then AI could move to point when Houston comes in giving Mabury a break.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/15/2004  8:40 PM
I read a book about AI and have loved him ever since. In the book it said he and Starbury have been best friends since HS, I'm sure they'd love playing w/ one another.
#Knickstaps
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2004  8:42 PM
I think BRIGGS or Smooth had suggested an AI trade for the Knicks a little while back. I'm all for it but I think it would cost FWill and Sweets.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/15/2004  8:46 PM
Didnt we already have this discussion b4???
Either way, it would be kinda hard considering that stephon and AI are very similar players...like to shoot, can also pass, but also need the ball. But I guess when it comes down to it, there is no way you can refuse AI just simply because of his talent level.

The only thing I dont like is moving Houston to SF.
martin
USA
3/15/2004  8:51 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

it would be kinda hard considering that stephon and AI are very similar players...like to shoot, can also pass, but also need the ball. But I guess when it comes down to it, there is no way you can refuse AI just simply because of his talent level.

I kinda disagree. All-stars can change their games slightly for the greater good and they will. And all-stars who have had the taste of NBA finals play will do whatever it takes to get there again. AI would change his game, so would Marb.
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
3/15/2004  8:57 PM
Posted by martin:

I think BRIGGS or Smooth had suggested an AI trade for the Knicks a little while back. I'm all for it but I think it would cost FWill and Sweets.

I think if there is a team looking for a relief, they may trade a star for expiring contracts who could then be sent for AI.
MaTT4281
USA
3/15/2004  9:02 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by MaTT4281:

it would be kinda hard considering that stephon and AI are very similar players...like to shoot, can also pass, but also need the ball. But I guess when it comes down to it, there is no way you can refuse AI just simply because of his talent level.

I kinda disagree. All-stars can change their games slightly for the greater good and they will. And all-stars who have had the taste of NBA finals play will do whatever it takes to get there again. AI would change his game, so would Marb.

Ok, I'll give you Stephon, but I seriously doubt that AI will change his game. AI can be stubborn. Remember, this is the man who sat out tonight because he wasn't going to start coming off an injury.
martin
USA
3/15/2004  9:28 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by martin:
Posted by MaTT4281:

Ok, I'll give you Stephon, but I seriously doubt that AI will change his game. AI can be stubborn. Remember, this is the man who sat out tonight because he wasn't going to start coming off an injury.

My one question is this: who on Philly is gonna carry the offensive load other than AI? Snow? McKie? Big Dog and his elbow? Coleman's been on the IR. Kenny T? AI is forced to be a lot of the O.
MaTT4281
USA
3/15/2004  9:33 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by martin:
Posted by MaTT4281:

My one question is this: who on Philly is gonna carry the offensive load other than AI? Snow? McKie? Big Dog and his elbow? Coleman's been on the IR. Kenny T? AI is forced to be a lot of the O.

I realize heis alot of the O, i never disagreed wit that. All my point is that AI can be stubborn. He wasnt allowed to start so he complains about it and decides to sit out.
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
3/15/2004  9:37 PM
the knicks dont need AI, he wouldnt be a good fit anyway.
hes a crybaby
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
martin
USA
3/15/2004  9:39 PM
Posted by hDavis:

hes a crybaby

no way. dude is a WARRIOR. and he thinks he deserves respect. He got it with his contract, so he should show up every day in practice and shut up and listen to coach.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/15/2004  10:14 PM
I can just see Clyde. The Pearl changed his game , we made it work. Too bad that will never happen now and days.
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
3/15/2004  10:19 PM
Posted by hDavis:

hes a crybaby

dont forget he is the king of all chuckers in the nba.....2 for 21. he is to selfish to change his game.

no way i want this guy on the knicks

send him to la in a 3 way for kobe to ny.
MaTT4281
USA
3/15/2004  10:39 PM
Posted by turtle33:
Posted by hDavis:

hes a crybaby

dont forget he is the king of all chuckers in the nba.....2 for 21. he is to selfish to change his game.

no way i want this guy on the knicks

send him to la in a 3 way for kobe to ny.

I would rather get tmac than kobe...unfortunately we dont have much to offer for any1, especially if sheed is takin the mle
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
3/15/2004  11:21 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I can just see Clyde. The Pearl changed his game , we made it work. Too bad that will never happen now and days.

That was just what I was going to say, many people said that the Clyde/Jesus combo would never work out, but they went on to win a championship, so it could work, but it depends on who is willing to defer to the other. However, a AI and Starbury backcourt is just very exciting thing to think about, notsure if it could work, but I would love to see what it would look like. Actually, now that I think about it, it was that AI/Marbury combo that helped seal the win for the east in the allstar game of 2001, they were in the backcourt during the final minutes of that game, Steph hit a clutch three I believe, and AI ended up winning the MVP. However, that was only an all star game.
I bleed orange and blue for life.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/15/2004  11:28 PM
That would be the real second coming of Monroe and Frasier. None of that big backrout crap with Spree and Houston when neither one can handle the ball. And yes it would be great. I don't care if Marbury and Iverson are the only guys shooting. Give them 50 shots a night they will give you 60pts in between the two of them. As for Houston, well who cares. Never liked the guy anyways, bench him and make him come of the bench ala McKie, like in Phillie.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/15/2004  11:39 PM
Plus, with Houston's declining knees you could move him to 6th man. They'd be pretty sweet.

I figured out a trade a few days ago, it was basically they're entire starting 5 for the Knicks expiring contracts and shorter contracts, and it included Sweetney and FWilliams. I'm not sure you give up that much, but it'd be needed.

If the Knicks could get a guarantee from Rasheed Wallace that if they traded for Iverson he would sign with them, then I'd do it, because I'd think that puts them over the top.

The trade proposed a few days ago was:
Knicks trade: Penny Haradawy, Shandon Anderson, Dikembe Mutumbo, Othella Harrington, Cezary Trybanski, Mike Sweetney, Frank Williams, and future draft picks.
Sixers trade: Allen Iverson, Eric Snow, Greg Buckner, Aaron McKie, and Kenny Thomas.
I think thats the only way Philly would do anything. They can't just trade Iverson for expiring contracts, they have a heap of bad ones. Here they get what looks like a force to be reckoned with at PF and probably a pretty good PG, and all their bad contracts are taken off the books.

Do you give up that much for:
PG: Marbury, Snow, Norris
SG: Iverson, Houston (6th man)
SF: TThomas, McKie
PF: Wallace, KuThomas, KeThomas
C: Mohammed, Baker

I think that team MIGHT be good enough to win a championship. Who knows. Too many ifs.

And where is the article by Dr. Jack?

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 03/15/2004 23:47:41]
#Knickstaps
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/15/2004  11:46 PM
You mean we also would get Kenny Thomas, Samuel Delambert, Eric Snow and McKie? And give up expiring garbage, Sweetney and FW and also get Iverson? I would do it in a second, but will they? I guess if they are rebuilding it make sense.

C Delambert/Baker/Nazr ??? -> I don't know who is best here really.
PF Kurt Thomas/Kenny Thomas
SF Tim Thomas/Houston/Anderson/Penny
SG Iverson/Houston/McKie/Penny
PG Marbury/Snow

Thats like 2 teams right there lol.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
3/16/2004  12:38 AM
lol,man i wish but dream on fellas.boston,chicago,clippers will land him.
!!!Knicks!!!
jazz74
Member: #371
3/16/2004  11:29 AM
i agree that he will not come to ny. billy king would be a fool to let him go to new york because allen will torure the sixers four times a year. he will end up with the clippers. but having an iverson and marbury backcourt would be unfair. unfair to the rest of the league. the only thing with iverson is that his body will not hold up for long. i believe that there is an old 28 year old and a young 28 year old. iverson is an old 28 year old whose body will breakdown in the next couple of seasons. he relies so much on his driving and toughness that it is taking a toll. he is an awful jump shooter unless he gets hot. but that could be after 10 miss shots. you never know with him. no, we should stick with trying to get r. wallace ( which is looking dimmer each passing day with each piston win). second plan would be to get stromile swift or ,what someone said before, pietrus.
AI To NY?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy