[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lin signs offer sheet with Houston officially - 3yrs $25M (offer changed)
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/13/2012  3:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2012  4:00 PM

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman

NBA source says the vigil is over. Jeremy Lin has signed Rockets offer sheet in Vegas. Told part of delay was his ESPYs appearance.

5m David Aldridge David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Source says that Jeremy Lin has officially signed three-year, $25.1M offer sheet with the Rockets. Knicks will have three days to match.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Lin will get $5M in year one, $5.225M in year two and $14.898M in year three. Rockets hoped that will discourage NY, but Knicks will match.

Morey/Houston made Lin a max offer in Year 3.

sigh. Knicks will still match, but Morey is a freaking idiot.

he really needs to be fired if Houston doesn't get Dwight.

He has run a seminar in being a horrible GM this summer so far: giving away Scola for nothing. Letting Dragic walk for nothing. Lotto pick for Lowry is a decent move... maybe. The Marcus Camby trade seemed like a useless move for them especially since they waived Jorts.

Morey is all in for Dwight, if he doesn't get D12, he should be fired IMHO.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
Mray20
Member: #3138

7/13/2012  4:00 PM
Wow Morey really stuck it to the Knicks,I hope there is never another lockout with all the dumb **** these owners are doing this summer with back loaded contracts and ridiculous offer sheets just to try that the original team is forced to match cause they value the player
No layups!
Gymkata
Member: #3169

7/13/2012  4:06 PM
What a dickbag. Here's hoping Dwight spurns them and we hang 150 on their D-league asses in the Garden.
"I can not say all the secrets."
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/13/2012  4:07 PM
if anything this increased offer probably just seals the deal that the knicks won't match on Landry.

You can't pay Lin and Landry alone a combined $25M in three years.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/13/2012  4:12 PM
I hate Morey, he seems to love screwing the knicks. He insists on jorts for camby then cuts him. he won't pay dragic 8 mil but he will pay Lin a max salary in year 3. Spiteful p****! He has absolutely stunk this offseason and I hope he gets fired soon.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/13/2012  4:13 PM
That rule to back end a deal is why they locked the players out? so they can further screw themselves with these stupid contracts?

Say what you want about Dolan....the man is rich. If he wasn't we'd be screwed with the luxury tax. Dolan don't give a **** about no luxury tax

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/13/2012  4:21 PM
Morey what a douche! He tried to poison pill us in year 3, fake genius sabermetric bastard.

Alas, the only saving grace of Dolan is his deep pockets. Thankfully we got some brains behind his bankroll now. Grunny git 'er done!

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

7/13/2012  4:30 PM
The knicks will match Lin offer & Fields offer
Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Mray20
Member: #3138

7/13/2012  4:33 PM
This is one of those rare times where us as Knick fans should be happy about Dolan being the Knicks owner, he laughs at the luxury tax
No layups!
smackeddog
7/13/2012  4:34 PM
EnySpree wrote:That rule to back end a deal is why they locked the players out? so they can further screw themselves with these stupid contracts?

Say what you want about Dolan....the man is rich. If he wasn't we'd be screwed with the luxury tax. Dolan don't give a **** about no luxury tax

Yep, combined with cutting the length of time that the offer money is held up to just 3 days, they've devised a system that encourages even more overpaying.

Hey Morey, enjoy paying Asik all that money- oh wait a minute, you're trying to get Dwight Howard too? That makes sense! Last season you had Dragic and Lowry, and now you have no PG at all. You lost one of them for nothing at all. Youre about to lose Courtney lee for nothing too!

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/13/2012  4:38 PM
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:That rule to back end a deal is why they locked the players out? so they can further screw themselves with these stupid contracts?

Yep, combined with cutting the length of time that the offer money is held up to just 3 days, they've devised a system that encourages even more overpaying.

Hey Morey, enjoy paying Asik all that money- oh wait a minute, you're trying to get Dwight Howard too? That makes sense! Last season you had Dragic and Lowry, and now you have no PG at all. You lost one of them for nothing at all. Youre about to lose Courtney lee for nothing too!

Well....they would get Duhon in the proposed Howard trade so i suppose your half right :)

RonRon
Member: #246
7/13/2012  4:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2012  4:49 PM
I actually hope he gets Dwight Howard as a 1 year rental, with all the baggage of the bad contracts.
Dwight will either be hurt or leave in a year, at which I will be laughing at the him.
Tides will turn, he shall see revenge, from the league.

He already made 2 enemies with Knicks, Bulls, and Pacers *Donnie Walsh*....
If Dwight doesn't or Bynum, doesn't get traded there, he will have to pay somebody a lot of max salary.
Who will be the lucky fella? Cause they must have a payroll of 50m or pay for it anyway, might as well make somebody rich.

Either way, I think he is going to catch a lot of HEAT, and eventually get fired from his job.
Waiving Jorts, what dumbass.
You know he robbed us twice, with the Jordan Hill/JJ trade already just to spite us.

He insisted us to include 2 2nd round picks, Jorts, Jordan, TD, and CASH, for a 39 year old UFA just so he could limit any potential moves and make Grunweld/Knicks/Dolan look stupid.
We are unlikely to be able to make a move with Grunweld's genius idea in giving Gadzuric that contract.
It wasn't even about collecting assets, he just wants to screw us.

Making us pay a premium, on both trades with JJ, I don't wish bad on anybody, but I hope he gets goes to jail and gets raped

I sent him a message on twitter...couldn't fit Lee in there.

RonRon ‏@I_am_RonRon
@dmorey u are so in to screwing teams with poison pills. Karma will return to ur HOU org. GL, YOU WILL BE FIRED, Scola/Dragic/Lowry SMH #NBA

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/13/2012  4:40 PM
So much for the Camby deal being payment for the Lin contract. I actually hope we never have to deal with the pathetic and unprofessional management of the Houston Rockets.
Knicks_Fan
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/13/2012  4:46 PM
RonRon wrote:I actually hope he gets Dwight Howard as a 1 year rental, with all the baggage of the bad contracts.
Dwight will either be hurt or leave in a year, at which I will be laughing at the him.

If Dwight doesn't or Bynum, doesn't get traded there, he will have to pay somebody a lot of max salary.
Who will be the lucky fella? Cause they must have a payroll of 50m or pay for it anyway, might as well make somebody rich.

Either way, I think he is going to catch a lot of HEAT, and eventually get fired from his job.
I

RonRon ‏@I_am_RonRon
@dmorey u are so in to screwing teams with poison pills. Karma will return to ur HOU org. GL, YOU WILL BE FIRED, Scola/Dragic/Lowry SMH #NBA

It'll be even better when Dwight signs with their rivals the Mavs next year

RonRon
Member: #246
7/13/2012  4:55 PM
Rookie wrote:
RonRon wrote:I actually hope he gets Dwight Howard as a 1 year rental, with all the baggage of the bad contracts.

I

RonRon ‏@I_am_RonRon

It'll be even better when Dwight signs with their rivals the Mavs next year

Gymkata
Member: #3169

7/13/2012  5:03 PM
Source says raised the Lin guarantee to $25M because they lost their point guards and are more desperate.

Right. They "lost" their point guards. As if the point guard fairy came down and snatched them all up.

"I can not say all the secrets."
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/13/2012  5:09 PM
Gymkata wrote:
Source says raised the Lin guarantee to $25M because they lost their point guards and are more desperate.

Right. They "lost" their point guards. As if the point guard fairy came down and snatched them all up.

Yeah, they had nothing to do with that! Pathetic franchise I hope we never have to deal with again.

Knicks_Fan
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
7/13/2012  5:13 PM

Waiving Jorts, what dumbass.
You know he robbed us twice, with the Jordan Hill/JJ trade already just to spite us.

He insisted us to include 2 2nd round picks, Jorts, Jordan, TD, and CASH, for a 39 year old UFA just so he could limit any potential moves and make Grunweld/Knicks/Dolan look stupid.
We are unlikely to be able to make a move with Grunweld's genius idea in giving Gadzuric that contract.
It wasn't even about collecting assets, he just wants to screw us.

Making us pay a premium, on both trades with JJ, I don't wish bad on anybody, but I hope he gets goes to jail and gets raped

RonRon ‏@I_am_RonRon

Is anybody else completely shocked that RonRon is on Twitter?!?

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/13/2012  5:14 PM
Gymkata wrote:

lmao!!!!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
smackeddog
7/13/2012  5:15 PM
Gymkata wrote:

In the past year Morey has had and lost Aaron Brooks, Jeremy Lin (cut him before we got him), Dragic and Lowry. He now has no PG at all- how does he still have a job?!

Lin signs offer sheet with Houston officially - 3yrs $25M (offer changed)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy