Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks for not offering a contract before Houston did
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/11/2012  1:30 PM
Breaking News!!!!!

Jeremy Lin is mad at us being mad at a report that he is mad at the Knicks!!! Film at 11!!!

Credited Source: Beecuz eye kan reed tweedder

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/11/2012  1:35 PM
Lin confirmed that if it is not out of his mouth it is not true. There may be some truth to what Hahn is saying but even Hahn wants his followers to understand that it is not as big a deal as Mitch Lawrence made it out to be. Or not even Mitch but the rest of the sensationalist media that took the story and ran with it. Can't wait to see Lin, Kidd & Pablo work together!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/11/2012  1:59 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
loweyecue wrote:I agree with Crazymdups, Melo has not shown he is comfortable playing wit Lin. Come to think of it Melo has not shown he is comfortable playing with anyone not name Melo. I too was very happy that Kidd is here and hoping he will help Lin. People on this board make a huge issue out of us not having a PG in the playoffs, but based on what Woodson has described as his offensive philosophy, I am not sure he needs one. Time will tell if he makes an effort to intitute a ball movement offense that makes use of his weapons or sticks with ISO Melo. If the latter all you need is someone like Bibby and we could have saved ourselves the money we paid to Kidd.

Melo already on record on that he wants to dribble less, move without the ball, and concentrate on scoring from his hot zones:

“It takes a lot of pressure off me to try to do everything,” Anthony said, adding about Amar’e Stoudemire, “I can pick my spots, and Amar’e can pick his spots.”

At times last season, the Knicks became stagnant on offense. Anthony had to create something off the dribble on a number of possessions.

Expect less of that next season with the addition of Kidd, Anthony said.

“He is a guy who can get everybody involved,” Anthony said. “I don’t have to do too much ball-handling. Right now, my mind-set is to start working off the ball a lot more.”

weird... isnt that exactly what the last coach here asked him to do?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/11/2012  2:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
loweyecue wrote:I agree with Crazymdups, Melo has not shown he is comfortable playing wit Lin. Come to think of it Melo has not shown he is comfortable playing with anyone not name Melo. I too was very happy that Kidd is here and hoping he will help Lin. People on this board make a huge issue out of us not having a PG in the playoffs, but based on what Woodson has described as his offensive philosophy, I am not sure he needs one. Time will tell if he makes an effort to intitute a ball movement offense that makes use of his weapons or sticks with ISO Melo. If the latter all you need is someone like Bibby and we could have saved ourselves the money we paid to Kidd.

Melo already on record on that he wants to dribble less, move without the ball, and concentrate on scoring from his hot zones:

“It takes a lot of pressure off me to try to do everything,” Anthony said, adding about Amar’e Stoudemire, “I can pick my spots, and Amar’e can pick his spots.”

At times last season, the Knicks became stagnant on offense. Anthony had to create something off the dribble on a number of possessions.

“He is a guy who can get everybody involved,” Anthony said. “I don’t have to do too much ball-handling. Right now, my mind-set is to start working off the ball a lot more.”

Easier when you have a real PG, actual shooters not Fields, Douglas, Billy Walker & Jeffries and a healthy & fit Amare

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2012  2:08 PM
RonRon wrote:
Nalod wrote:I read that Lin eats the blue M&M's just to piss off Melo! Kidd needs to show Lin how to enjoy the Red ones as well, this way there are enough for Melo. Amare is a Reeces pieces guy and Tyson likes Jr Mints! I heard that Melo is not fond of Jr mints but his agent said if the right endorsement opportunity came along he would reconsider.

You guys buying any of this?

I friend of mines cousin is married to a girl who rides the train with a friend, whos brother shared a cab with a dude from staten island, who marriend into a family that owns a restuarant that employs a waitress, shose grandfather came to the country from Italy with a guy from Ireland, whos nephew worked in a bagel store next to the Garden and saw Amare eating a slice of pizza that he said his thrid cousin who used to work at Sbarro in highschool before he graduated and had a college roomate from Florida, who once said "hi" to JJ reddick in orlando but still thought he was a jerk because his aunt went to Florida State when Charlie Ward was there and Charlie tried to hit on the daughter of the women who worked in the dinner hall that Charlie used to get extra meatloaf from on game days, but got in trouble by the uncle of the supervisor who eventually moved to NYC, and now works in a Duane Reed, and he said Melo buys bags of M&M's (he has a driver come in an actually buy them) and the driver said that Melo likes blue ones so it must be true!!!!

LOL, did you really write this yourself or did you get it somewhere?
It is very complex, hard to visualize, and requires a lot of creativity/imagination to read or write it.

I thought it reminded me of a mini version of your manifesto length rants which I cannot take time to read.

I never take credit for others work. I will use the quote box or the URL source.

Its a 5 minute rant. Its complex? I guess it could be for the end user? Eye Done Know?

MinsHeartsReezy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #872
USA
7/11/2012  2:09 PM
Goodness...I read this and knew it was crap to begin with.

If Lin has shown anything in his tenure on the Knicks its that he's intelligent and humble.

He wasn't exactly the most vocal, like Novak or JJ for example, before the end of the season confirming that he would be in NY next season because he was playing it SMART. Management, however, have always said they would keep him. The endorsements $$ he would make in NY doesn't compare to anywhere else in the country outside of LA. He's also getting a Lin-sane (ha ha!) pay upgrade and a humble guy like him wouldn't find anything to be miffed over about that. Also, if I were him I would want the Knicks to concentrate first on solidifying the team since they know that they would sign me no matter what..especially if they were trying to sign Kidd who was Lin's childhood idol. To a good kid like Lin this is a win-win situation...if anything he's thanking his lucky stars! You gotta give Lin a little more credit.

This article is just tabloid BS. I don't buy it one bit!

subzero0
Member: #410
7/11/2012  2:43 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8155983/jeremy-lin-upset-new-york-knicks

Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks
ESPN.com news services

The New York Knicks may have to patch things up with Jeremy Lin.
According to a report by the New York Daily News, Lin is upset that the Knicks didn't offer him a new contract before the Houston Rockets came calling with a lucraticve offer sheet.
Lin has verbally agreed to sign a four-year offer sheet with the Rockets. The deal reportedly is worth $28.8 million, with $10.2 million coming in the first two seasons and over $9 million in each of the last two.
Despite the Knicks insisting they would match the Rockets' offer, Lin still feels slighted, according to the Daily News.
"He was surprised that the Knicks didn't make the first move," a league source told the paper. "They know they've got to mend some fences with him because he believes what the Rockets have told him, that the Knicks weren't as interested as they are."
The Rockets had Lin in training camp last season, but waived him because they already had Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic on their roster. Now that they've traded Lowry to Toronto, and with Dragic headed to Phoenix, Houston is trying to get Lin back.
However, Lin is almost certain to return to the Knicks, who can match the offer as early as Wednesday.
"They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars," a source told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.
Lin made $788,000 last season when he averaged 14.6 points, 6.2 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 35 games with 25 starts before his campaign was cut short because of surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee.
"What he has to learn is that it's not personal," the source told the Daily News."The Knicks merely played by the rules.''
Lin, who went undrafted out of Harvard, became a sensation with a remarkable stretch in February, scoring at least 20 points in nine of 10 games. A high point of that span came Feb. 10, when he scored 38 points and had seven assists in a 92-85 win over the Lakers.
Lin's expected signing will highlight a busy offseason for the Knicks, who have reached an agreement with veteran playmaker Jason Kidd to back up Lin while reaching a sign-and-trade agreement to bring center Marcus Camby back to New York. J.R. Smith and Steve Novak also are expected to ink new deals.
Information from ESPN.com's Marc Stein was used in this report.

Honestly, Jeremy? Knicks picked this guy off the NBA scrap heap and were a Mike James phone call away from replacing his ass before the big NJ coming out party. Shut the PHuck up and sign on the dotted line, you ungrateful bastard!

This wreaks of horrible make-believe journalism. No wonder why nobody takes the Daily News seriously. Its a good thing nobody here is dumb enough to fall for this. Right guys?

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/11/2012  3:04 PM
subzero0 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8155983/jeremy-lin-upset-new-york-knicks

Wednesday, July 11, 2012
ESPN.com news services

According to a report by the New York Daily News, Lin is upset that the Knicks didn't offer him a new contract before the Houston Rockets came calling with a lucraticve offer sheet.
Lin has verbally agreed to sign a four-year offer sheet with the Rockets. The deal reportedly is worth $28.8 million, with $10.2 million coming in the first two seasons and over $9 million in each of the last two.
Despite the Knicks insisting they would match the Rockets' offer, Lin still feels slighted, according to the Daily News.
"He was surprised that the Knicks didn't make the first move," a league source told the paper. "They know they've got to mend some fences with him because he believes what the Rockets have told him, that the Knicks weren't as interested as they are."
The Rockets had Lin in training camp last season, but waived him because they already had Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic on their roster. Now that they've traded Lowry to Toronto, and with Dragic headed to Phoenix, Houston is trying to get Lin back.
However, Lin is almost certain to return to the Knicks, who can match the offer as early as Wednesday.
"They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars," a source told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.
Lin made $788,000 last season when he averaged 14.6 points, 6.2 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 35 games with 25 starts before his campaign was cut short because of surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee.
"What he has to learn is that it's not personal," the source told the Daily News."The Knicks merely played by the rules.''
Lin, who went undrafted out of Harvard, became a sensation with a remarkable stretch in February, scoring at least 20 points in nine of 10 games. A high point of that span came Feb. 10, when he scored 38 points and had seven assists in a 92-85 win over the Lakers.
Lin's expected signing will highlight a busy offseason for the Knicks, who have reached an agreement with veteran playmaker Jason Kidd to back up Lin while reaching a sign-and-trade agreement to bring center Marcus Camby back to New York. J.R. Smith and Steve Novak also are expected to ink new deals.

Honestly, Jeremy? Knicks picked this guy off the NBA scrap heap and were a Mike James phone call away from replacing his ass before the big NJ coming out party. Shut the PHuck up and sign on the dotted line, you ungrateful bastard!

This wreaks of horrible make-believe journalism. No wonder why nobody takes the Daily News seriously. Its a good thing nobody here is dumb enough to fall for this. Right guys?

Everything you read or hear about is always "half" true. Journalists have to spice it up a notch to up the page views or sell papers or sell online suscriptions. Of course Jeremy is going to twitter to deny it, he doesn't want to anger his fan base and his image. Remember Jeremy Lin did win "Social Breakout Player of the Year." He is Harvard educated and is media savvy. Doesn't mean he's immune to being sensitive to criticism.

loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

7/11/2012  7:03 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Easier when you have a real PG, actual shooters not Fields, Douglas, Billy Walker & Jeffries and a healthy & fit Amare

We have the same outside shooting we had last year minus Fields plus Camby and Kidd. I can't wait to see Camby light it up from downtown.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
RonRon
Member: #246
7/11/2012  7:11 PM
loweyecue wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

We have the same outside shooting we had last year minus Fields plus Camby and Kidd. I can't wait to see Camby light it up from downtown.

That is probably the only thing I don't miss about Camby, I really don't want him to take that 17 footer LOL

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/11/2012  7:32 PM
It's the daily news quoting a"league source". Its crazy that Espn ran with it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
biglove44
Member: #4111

7/11/2012  10:30 PM
The Lin haters who felt the need to criticize on here must feel like tools. You got played by a trashy "news" outlet. Lin debunked the story on his twitter page so espn put up a video with his twitter reaction as well.

Think and read, before you spew your agenda please. If this article had been about melo/amare, i'm assuming you'd take it as truth too?

helloharv
Member: #4139

7/11/2012  10:46 PM
loweyecue wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

We just added mini melo ... A killer from downtown :)

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/11/2012  11:04 PM
Obviously the brain child of Knicks-hater Mitch Lawrence. :)

subzero0 wrote:

Wednesday, July 11, 2012
ESPN.com news services

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/12/2012  1:41 AM
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:It really is much Ado about nothing. Jeremy is a young, and has to learn when to separate business and personal decisions. Knicks would be doing both the Knicks and Jeremy a disservice by setting the market, because we'd probably lowball him on the first offer.

I would have thought Lin getting a degree in economics from Harvard would automatically make him brighter than this. But then our POTUS went there too, so..
. What's he trying to do, scare Jimmie in to giving him a few more shekels?

Maybe couch boy is starting to live out the hype? What happened to Mr. Most Humble Pie post game interview?
Wonder if he has an entourage already, or do they wait until the actual contract is signed?

I hope this is just some sort of farce piece.

"He believes what the Rockets have told him
???? Hi, we cut you for two losers we eventually got rid of, but we've always had your best interests at heart, dear dear dear Jeremy...

Hey Asshole,

our president went to Harvard Law School and graduated at the very top of his class. Id say that makes him pretty bright by any objective standard,m and id say it also makes you an ******* by that same standard.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/12/2012  9:13 AM
Killa4luv wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:It really is much Ado about nothing. Jeremy is a young, and has to learn when to separate business and personal decisions. Knicks would be doing both the Knicks and Jeremy a disservice by setting the market, because we'd probably lowball him on the first offer.

I would have thought Lin getting a degree in economics from Harvard would automatically make him brighter than this. But then our POTUS went there too, so..
. What's he trying to do, scare Jimmie in to giving him a few more shekels?

Maybe couch boy is starting to live out the hype? What happened to Mr. Most Humble Pie post game interview?
Wonder if he has an entourage already, or do they wait until the actual contract is signed?

I hope this is just some sort of farce piece.

"He believes what the Rockets have told him
???? Hi, we cut you for two losers we eventually got rid of, but we've always had your best interests at heart, dear dear dear Jeremy...

Hey Asshole,our president went to Harvard Law School and graduated at the very top of his class. Id say that makes him pretty bright by any objective standard,m and id say it also makes you an ******* by that same standard.

Yes, you sound completely objective. Bush went to Yale, and from any objective standard, I bet you think he's an automatic genius too, right?

Let me ask you this hypothetical, Mr. Asshole Ranking Standard, if the Lin upset story had turned out to be twittered true, and Jeremy was indeed miffed, would that cast any aspersions on your "objective standard", at least from the objective view of realizing that a team that had cut him loose as an unsupportable third stringer less than a year ago may not have his best interests at heart? Or the simple economic idea that the Knicks should not be the ones to set his market value, when everyone and they're mother objectively realizes that Linsanity is the greatest cash cow phenom to hit the city since Joe Willie Whiteshoes?

Our current president has some pretty idiotic policies and quotes to his credit. Same as any other POTUS, including the one's I voted for.

You might want to rethink the logic of your posture on objective standards while you're busy issuing subjective labels.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/12/2012  9:17 AM
Hey Hey Hey guys! Leave the politics out of here. That talk belongs in the off topic forum in this thread:

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=41539&page=7

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/12/2012  9:27 AM
wow! and for a brief minute there, I thought I was going to get Rickrolled

Thanks, ChuckBuck! always the voice of reason!

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/12/2012  9:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/12/2012  9:44 AM
joec32033 wrote:Breaking News!!!!!

Jeremy Lin is mad at us being mad at a report that he is mad at the Knicks!!! Film at 11!!!

Credited Source: Beecuz eye kan reed tweedder

Posts like yours make me mad
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/12/2012  10:45 AM
It's not headline news worthy, but I DO think there is some weird tension between Lin and Melo. You could see it on the floor. And yesterday, Woodson says Lin is definitely the starter next season. Melo says maybe Lin should come off the bench... just bears watching.

Mainly I'm watching this because I think this team goes as far as Lin + Melo take it. I think the main offensive combo that NEEDS to work together is Lin and Melo, not Amar'e and Melo. Because if Lin is clicking the whole team is clicking. So if Lin can meld that together with getting Melo going... it could be really good. If Lin and Melo can't co-exist, I see the team reverting to Iso-Melo. Again, Kidd helps this.

One reason why I actually think the starting backcourt (and finishing backcourt) should be Kidd and Lin. Kidd makes sure everyone is sharing, moving the ball. Sets the tone at the beginning of games. Gets Lin and Melo cooking together, hopefully.

Marc Berman

While Woodson said Lin wears the starter jersey when training camp opens in October, Carmelo piped in it might be good for Jeremy to come off bench behind Kidd. “If [Lin] comes off the bench, playing behind a guy like Jason Kidd, playing under a guy and learning from Kidd, he should take advantage of this opportunity — just having JKidd on our team,’’ Anthony said. No doubt Melo has ball more in his hands when Kidd is on court. But I hope that's not what he's thinking.

¿ △ ?
Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks for not offering a contract before Houston did

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy