[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks for not offering a contract before Houston did
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/11/2012  10:36 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:This is basically writing about nothing while hoping it turns into something huge.

Agreed.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/11/2012  10:43 AM
I was going to same the same. Slow news day. Dried up Howard to brooklyn talk. Doesn't even quote Lin. The usual sources say crap.
tj23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3119

7/11/2012  10:46 AM
No he's not lol what a joke
gunsnewing
USA
7/11/2012  10:52 AM
I'd only worry if we brought in Nash. I wouldnt want to split the minutes @ 24 ~ 24
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
7/11/2012  10:56 AM
Lots of BS. Lin is happy to play in NY. This is where he made it big while in every other city, on every other team, he didn't get much of a look and was cut. WHy would he want to leave NY.

Also, with Linsanity, he has and will continue to get endorsements that will dwarf his salary, especially endorsements for China.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

7/11/2012  10:57 AM
Stupid article, doesn't tell you anything directly about Lin except what this idiot has fabricated. It does give the trolls an opportunity to bash Lin. All is well in Knicksland.
TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/11/2012  11:04 AM
Stop crying and play ball. DO you think anyone cares Jeremy? Not a single person does. Your supposed to be smart- this is business.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/11/2012  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2012  11:08 AM
One thing I worry about a little with this team - and which I think Kidd will help - is I don't think Melo and Lin love each other.

Melo was quoted yesterday talking about all the moves the knicks made, including saying he was thrilled to bring back JR and Novak. And he never mentioned Lin. Maybe there was more doubt about JR and Novak coming back, but it still seemed like a weird omission.

But, regardless, both Melo and Lin need to stop being babies and make this work. That's why I'm happy to have Kidd and Camby here. Two no nonsense veterans who want to win.

¿ △ ?
tj23
Member: #3119

7/11/2012  11:09 AM
crzymdups wrote:One thing I worry about a little with this team. And which I think Kidd will help - is I don't think Melo and Lin love each other.

Melo was quoted yesterday talking about all the moves the knicks made, including saying he was thrilled to bring back JR and Novak. And he never mentioned Lin. Maybe there was more doubt about JR and Novak coming back, but it still seemed like a weird omission.

But, regardless, both Melo and Lin need to stop being babies and make this work. That's why I'm happy to have Kidd and Camby here. Two no nonsense veterans who want to win.

I'm hoping that Kidd has enough clout to get players to listen to him and he can give our offense a better sense of direction and improve shot selection.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/11/2012  11:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2012  11:16 AM
crzymdups wrote:One thing I worry about a little with this team - and which I think Kidd will help - is I don't think Melo and Lin love each other.

You don't have to love each other to make it work. That said Melo is on record numerous times saying he'd love getting Lin back and expected the Knicks to resign him.

On Jeremy Lin: "Jeremy Lin could be very very good. He's young. This is his second year in the league. I don't think you've seen the best of Jeremy Lin yet."

“If we can get Jeremy back, I would love that with open arms to have him back,’’ Lin said. “Him learning under Jason Kidd, that is a great opportunity for him.’’
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/11/2012  11:19 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
crzymdups wrote:One thing I worry about a little with this team - and which I think Kidd will help - is I don't think Melo and Lin love each other.

You don't have to love each other to make it work. That said Melo is on record numerous times saying he'd love getting Lin back and expected the Knicks to resign him.

On Jeremy Lin: "Jeremy Lin could be very very good. He's young. This is his second year in the league. I don't think you've seen the best of Jeremy Lin yet."

“If we can get Jeremy back, I would love that with open arms to have him back,’’ Lin said. “Him learning under Jason Kidd, that is a great opportunity for him.’’

haha, is that Melo in the 3rd person talking as if he were disguised as Lin? SNEAKY

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
loweyecue

7/11/2012  11:19 AM
VDesai wrote:Stop crying and play ball. DO you think anyone cares Jeremy? Not a single person does. Your supposed to be smart- this is business.

You are the one bashing Lin based on "league sources" and he needs to be smart about this?

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
ChuckBuck
USA
7/11/2012  11:25 AM
martin wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

haha, is that Melo in the 3rd person talking as if he were disguised as Lin? SNEAKY

Haha guess it was a typo. Supposed to say Anthony said. Here's the exact quote from the NY Times:

Throughout the off-season, the Knicks have said bringing back Lin was an important step in building the team. Anthony said he hoped the Knicks matched Houston’s offer so Lin could learn from Kidd.

“I’m waiting to see what happens like everyone else,” Anthony said. “If we can get Jeremy back, I would love that with open arms.”

loweyecue

7/11/2012  11:26 AM
I agree with Crazymdups, Melo has not shown he is comfortable playing wit Lin. Come to think of it Melo has not shown he is comfortable playing with anyone not name Melo. I too was very happy that Kidd is here and hoping he will help Lin. People on this board make a huge issue out of us not having a PG in the playoffs, but based on what Woodson has described as his offensive philosophy, I am not sure he needs one. Time will tell if he makes an effort to intitute a ball movement offense that makes use of his weapons or sticks with ISO Melo. If the latter all you need is someone like Bibby and we could have saved ourselves the money we paid to Kidd.
gunsnewing
USA
7/11/2012  11:29 AM
Melo wanted Lin inserted in the starting lineup. Its a fine line for Lin to know when to shoot and when to go to Melo. This is where Kidds leadership comes into play.
ChuckBuck
USA
7/11/2012  11:31 AM
loweyecue wrote:I agree with Crazymdups, Melo has not shown he is comfortable playing wit Lin. Come to think of it Melo has not shown he is comfortable playing with anyone not name Melo. I too was very happy that Kidd is here and hoping he will help Lin. People on this board make a huge issue out of us not having a PG in the playoffs, but based on what Woodson has described as his offensive philosophy, I am not sure he needs one. Time will tell if he makes an effort to intitute a ball movement offense that makes use of his weapons or sticks with ISO Melo. If the latter all you need is someone like Bibby and we could have saved ourselves the money we paid to Kidd.

Melo already on record on that he wants to dribble less, move without the ball, and concentrate on scoring from his hot zones:

“It takes a lot of pressure off me to try to do everything,” Anthony said, adding about Amar’e Stoudemire, “I can pick my spots, and Amar’e can pick his spots.”

At times last season, the Knicks became stagnant on offense. Anthony had to create something off the dribble on a number of possessions.

Expect less of that next season with the addition of Kidd, Anthony said.

“He is a guy who can get everybody involved,” Anthony said. “I don’t have to do too much ball-handling. Right now, my mind-set is to start working off the ball a lot more.”

gunsnewing
USA
7/11/2012  11:37 AM
That is true. Melo is on record saying he wants to move more without the ball. He realizes this is a deep team. Geez Knicks fans are "almost" as good at causing rifts as the NY media!
loweyecue

7/11/2012  11:47 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
loweyecue wrote:I agree with Crazymdups, Melo has not shown he is comfortable playing wit Lin. Come to think of it Melo has not shown he is comfortable playing with anyone not name Melo. I too was very happy that Kidd is here and hoping he will help Lin. People on this board make a huge issue out of us not having a PG in the playoffs, but based on what Woodson has described as his offensive philosophy, I am not sure he needs one. Time will tell if he makes an effort to intitute a ball movement offense that makes use of his weapons or sticks with ISO Melo. If the latter all you need is someone like Bibby and we could have saved ourselves the money we paid to Kidd.

Melo already on record on that he wants to dribble less, move without the ball, and concentrate on scoring from his hot zones:

“It takes a lot of pressure off me to try to do everything,” Anthony said, adding about Amar’e Stoudemire, “I can pick my spots, and Amar’e can pick his spots.”

At times last season, the Knicks became stagnant on offense. Anthony had to create something off the dribble on a number of possessions.

Expect less of that next season with the addition of Kidd, Anthony said.

“He is a guy who can get everybody involved,” Anthony said. “I don’t have to do too much ball-handling. Right now, my mind-set is to start working off the ball a lot more.”

He said those things about Kidd and not Lin. Melo only cares about putting up 65 shot attempts a game so no need to quote him on what he has said. He has talked about playing defense and being held accountable as well before. I am more interested in what he "does".

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2012  11:50 AM
I read that Lin eats the blue M&M's just to piss off Melo! Kidd needs to show Lin how to enjoy the Red ones as well, this way there are enough for Melo. Amare is a Reeces pieces guy and Tyson likes Jr Mints! I heard that Melo is not fond of Jr mints but his agent said if the right endorsement opportunity came along he would reconsider.

You guys buying any of this?

I friend of mines cousin is married to a girl who rides the train with a friend, whos brother shared a cab with a dude from staten island, who marriend into a family that owns a restuarant that employs a waitress, shose grandfather came to the country from Italy with a guy from Ireland, whos nephew worked in a bagel store next to the Garden and saw Amare eating a slice of pizza that he said his thrid cousin who used to work at Sbarro in highschool before he graduated and had a college roomate from Florida, who once said "hi" to JJ reddick in orlando but still thought he was a jerk because his aunt went to Florida State when Charlie Ward was there and Charlie tried to hit on the daughter of the women who worked in the dinner hall that Charlie used to get extra meatloaf from on game days, but got in trouble by the uncle of the supervisor who eventually moved to NYC, and now works in a Duane Reed, and he said Melo buys bags of M&M's (he has a driver come in an actually buy them) and the driver said that Melo likes blue ones so it must be true!!!!

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
7/11/2012  11:53 AM
Nalod wrote:I read that Lin eats the blue M&M's just to piss off Melo! Kidd needs to show Lin how to enjoy the Red ones as well, this way there are enough for Melo. Amare is a Reeces pieces guy and Tyson likes Jr Mints! I heard that Melo is not fond of Jr mints but his agent said if the right endorsement opportunity came along he would reconsider.

You guys buying any of this?

I friend of mines cousin is married to a girl who rides the train with a friend, whos brother shared a cab with a dude from staten island, who marriend into a family that owns a restuarant that employs a waitress, shose grandfather came to the country from Italy with a guy from Ireland, whos nephew worked in a bagel store next to the Garden and saw Amare eating a slice of pizza that he said his thrid cousin who used to work at Sbarro in highschool before he graduated and had a college roomate from Florida, who once said "hi" to JJ reddick in orlando but still thought he was a jerk because his aunt went to Florida State when Charlie Ward was there and Charlie tried to hit on the daughter of the women who worked in the dinner hall that Charlie used to get extra meatloaf from on game days, but got in trouble by the uncle of the supervisor who eventually moved to NYC, and now works in a Duane Reed, and he said Melo buys bags of M&M's (he has a driver come in an actually buy them) and the driver said that Melo likes blue ones so it must be true!!!!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks for not offering a contract before Houston did

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy