[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks for not offering a contract before Houston did
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/11/2012  9:27 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8155983/jeremy-lin-upset-new-york-knicks

Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks
ESPN.com news services

The New York Knicks may have to patch things up with Jeremy Lin.
According to a report by the New York Daily News, Lin is upset that the Knicks didn't offer him a new contract before the Houston Rockets came calling with a lucraticve offer sheet.
Lin has verbally agreed to sign a four-year offer sheet with the Rockets. The deal reportedly is worth $28.8 million, with $10.2 million coming in the first two seasons and over $9 million in each of the last two.
Despite the Knicks insisting they would match the Rockets' offer, Lin still feels slighted, according to the Daily News.
"He was surprised that the Knicks didn't make the first move," a league source told the paper. "They know they've got to mend some fences with him because he believes what the Rockets have told him, that the Knicks weren't as interested as they are."
The Rockets had Lin in training camp last season, but waived him because they already had Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic on their roster. Now that they've traded Lowry to Toronto, and with Dragic headed to Phoenix, Houston is trying to get Lin back.
However, Lin is almost certain to return to the Knicks, who can match the offer as early as Wednesday.
"They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars," a source told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.
Lin made $788,000 last season when he averaged 14.6 points, 6.2 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 35 games with 25 starts before his campaign was cut short because of surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee.
"What he has to learn is that it's not personal," the source told the Daily News."The Knicks merely played by the rules.''
Lin, who went undrafted out of Harvard, became a sensation with a remarkable stretch in February, scoring at least 20 points in nine of 10 games. A high point of that span came Feb. 10, when he scored 38 points and had seven assists in a 92-85 win over the Lakers.
Lin's expected signing will highlight a busy offseason for the Knicks, who have reached an agreement with veteran playmaker Jason Kidd to back up Lin while reaching a sign-and-trade agreement to bring center Marcus Camby back to New York. J.R. Smith and Steve Novak also are expected to ink new deals.
Information from ESPN.com's Marc Stein was used in this report.

Honestly, Jeremy? Knicks picked this guy off the NBA scrap heap and were a Mike James phone call away from replacing his ass before the big NJ coming out party. Shut the PHuck up and sign on the dotted line, you ungrateful bastard!

AUTOADVERT
y2zipper
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3287

7/11/2012  9:28 AM
This story is much ado about nothing. Lin is upset, he's a young player and he'll get over it.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/11/2012  9:30 AM
This is basically writing about nothing while hoping it turns into something huge.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/11/2012  9:33 AM
It really is much Ado about nothing. Jeremy is a young, and has to learn when to separate business and personal decisions. Knicks would be doing both the Knicks and Jeremy a disservice by setting the market, because we'd probably lowball him on the first offer.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/11/2012  9:36 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:This is basically writing about nothing while hoping it turns into something huge.

I don't know. I am shocked the team didn't even make Lin an offer first.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/11/2012  9:59 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:It really is much Ado about nothing. Jeremy is a young, and has to learn when to separate business and personal decisions. Knicks would be doing both the Knicks and Jeremy a disservice by setting the market, because we'd probably lowball him on the first offer.

I would have thought Lin getting a degree in economics from Harvard would automatically make him brighter than this. But then our POTUS went there too, so... What's he trying to do, scare Jimmie in to giving him a few more shekels?

Maybe couch boy is starting to live out the hype? What happened to Mr. Most Humble Pie post game interview?
Wonder if he has an entourage already, or do they wait until the actual contract is signed?

I hope this is just some sort of farce piece.

"He believes what the Rockets have told him
???? Hi, we cut you for two losers we eventually got rid of, but we've always had your best interests at heart, dear dear dear Jeremy...
y2zipper
Member: #3287

7/11/2012  9:59 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:This is basically writing about nothing while hoping it turns into something huge.

I don't know. I am shocked the team didn't even make Lin an offer first.

Lin's agent would have tested the market anyway. This article is just poor speculation that Houston did the Knicks a favor with the offer and the Knicks returned it in the Camby deal. Don't read into this junk.

DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
7/11/2012  10:05 AM
don't believe it at all. Beat Writers constantly make stuff up. Peter Vescey is a perfect example of this.

Even IF Lin felt that way, he is too classy and humble to say it.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

7/11/2012  10:06 AM
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:It really is much Ado about nothing. Jeremy is a young, and has to learn when to separate business and personal decisions. Knicks would be doing both the Knicks and Jeremy a disservice by setting the market, because we'd probably lowball him on the first offer.

I would have thought Lin getting a degree in economics from Harvard would automatically make him brighter than this. But then our POTUS went there too, so... What's he trying to do, scare Jimmie in to giving him a few more shekels?

Maybe couch boy is starting to live out the hype? What happened to Mr. Most Humble Pie post game interview?
Wonder if he has an entourage already, or do they wait until the actual contract is signed?

I hope this is just some sort of farce piece.

"He believes what the Rockets have told him
???? Hi, we cut you for two losers we eventually got rid of, but we've always had your best interests at heart, dear dear dear Jeremy...

Oh shyte, that's funny. Lin is young and just feeling things out. He'll get over it.

Clean
Member: #743
7/11/2012  10:07 AM
If this story is true, I wonder what happened to that humble kid during Linsanity. He has not even gotten the money yet and it seems like he is changing.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/11/2012  10:10 AM

EXACTLY!

This is a sensationalist writer that needed to create a buzz with an article and decided to do it with Lin's situation, given it has been worked out almost to perfection. Truth is, we've already stated how Lin and his agent wanted to test the market and get Lin's value set. The Knicks could've lowballed Lin by offering the first deal, but they operated in good faith and allowed Lin to test the market.

This is just NY media at its worst. Moving on.

Knicks_Fan
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
7/11/2012  10:14 AM
Mitch Lawrence is a putz.
once a knick always a knick
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/11/2012  10:21 AM
I'm upset too. I think Lin knows its a business. After all he is the one who signed an offer sheet with another team.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/11/2012  10:25 AM
We are to believe that Lin is upset with what each team could have/did offer?

Houston: $5M, $5M, $9M.
Limit to what Knicks could offer: $5M, $5M, $5M.

Obviously each team could go more years.

Lin is upset that his agent did the right thing and got a better offer from another team which would have undoubtedly been more than the Knicks' best offer?

Mitch you stupid stupid reporter.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2012  10:28 AM

You took the bait and now your validating it by insinuating you know what Lin is thinking.

Lets look at this just for a minute. Woodson flies out and has a big steak dinner with the TMZ waiting to make a big spash. Lin is suppose to be on the Olypmpic "Select" but is given assurance by woodson he is the starting guard and Melo showing love to make it work.

Grunwald tells Lin and his people knicks will pay market value for him. That is a compliment in my book.

What if Grunwald thinks $5mm is the price and Rockets go over it. Now the knicks look bad right?

IM sure lin is more upset knicks tried to get Nash as it would have underminded Lin to some degree even if they are on the court together. But that did not happen.

Its not logical that Lin would be personally offended. Its not logical. If his people are upset then its just about buisness.

So I choose to ignore this crap and not take the bait. If Lin feels "dissed" personally because we did not "respect" him with an offer first and this is true then the guy must be a freaking immature idiot and ignorant. That is reserved for egocentric under achievers like JR smith or Eddy Curry.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/11/2012  10:30 AM
Knicksfan wrote:

EXACTLY!

This is a sensationalist writer that needed to create a buzz with an article and decided to do it with Lin's situation, given it has been worked out almost to perfection. Truth is, we've already stated how Lin and his agent wanted to test the market and get Lin's value set. The Knicks could've lowballed Lin by offering the first deal, but they operated in good faith and allowed Lin to test the market.

This is just NY media at its worst. Moving on.

Yup Yup.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/11/2012  10:30 AM
yawwwwn. this is a non-story. lin was tweeting about tyson chandler the other day. i'm sure it's gonna be fine.
¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/11/2012  10:33 AM
this looks like a story where a reporter asked him

Reporter- Hey lin did you feel like the knicks weren't serious about keeping you by not offering you a contract first.

lin- yeah I was a little surprise but i guess it's a business.

next day reporter says "LIN UPSET WITH KNICKS"

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2012  10:34 AM
I read that Morey did knicks a favor and perhsp why we sent some assets to rockets for Camby.

If it helps the rockets get Howard in any way it keeps him away from Nets.

And as martin said for Lin to get more money he needs a better offer than what we can offer.

If Rockets and Knicks collude officially they'd be in a heap of trouble. What the Rockets said or not is not relevant is it.

FeltonandAmare
Member: #3326

7/11/2012  10:35 AM
martin wrote:We are to believe that Lin is upset with what each team could have/did offer?

Houston: $5M, $5M, $9M.
Limit to what Knicks could offer: $5M, $5M, $5M.

Obviously each team could go more years.

Lin is upset that his agent did the right thing and got a better offer from another team which would have undoubtedly been more than the Knicks' best offer?

Mitch you stupid stupid reporter.

Exactly! I can't believe anyone even reads what that idiot writes.

Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks for not offering a contract before Houston did

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy