[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Chad Ford Disses Marbury HARD
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/11/2004  4:10 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=4941

Chad Ford in his weekly chat busted Marbury's $h!t...

"Zig (Whitefish, Mont.): Chad, now that J. Colangelo has gone on record stating that he is trying to sell the Suns, will this ultimately effect their ability to lure big name FA's to the desert this off season? Thanks.

Chad Ford: (1:35 PM ET ) It could, though it sounds like he's going to retain control of the team for another five to ten years. I think all of this talk about the Suns trading Marbury so that the team would be easier to sell is nonsense. Colangelo has known he was going to sell for sometime. Why would he have signed Marbury to that huge extension this summer? I think the Suns made the trade based on the financial relief and the feeling that Marbury wasn't going to lead them anywhere. Given his performance to date in New York, can you blame them? "

Are you kidding me? Marbury has been Cash-Money-BLING for NY, we wouldnt be where we are without him. Imagine Frankie "Baby" trying to hold down the point for the season? Could have worked. But this has worked. Frank is not the star Marbury is. He didn't work in PHX, but he fits in the NYC >> we need a younger SG, and a PF. Houston is too risky...
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/11/2004  4:49 PM
That reduces the Chad Ford credibility quotient another notch...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/11/2004  4:55 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Chad has run out of notches.

Colangelo is getting rid of people who he has to play. Look at his baseball team; same thing. If he could, he would rid himself and the team of the Matrix. He signed Marb cause he had to - he is more tradeable that way. I wonder how they could say that Marbury wouldn't lead them anywhere when they were 1 basket from beating the Spurs. Wow.

Chad makes no sense.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/11/2004  5:03 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

"Zig (Whitefish, Mont.): Chad, now that J. Colangelo has gone on record stating that he is trying to sell the Suns, will this ultimately effect their ability to lure big name FA's to the desert this off season? Thanks.

Chad Ford: (1:35 PM ET ) It could, though it sounds like he's going to retain control of the team for another five to ten years. I think all of this talk about the Suns trading Marbury so that the team would be easier to sell is nonsense. Colangelo has known he was going to sell for sometime. Why would he have signed Marbury to that huge extension this summer? I think the Suns made the trade based on the financial relief and the feeling that Marbury wasn't going to lead them anywhere. Given his performance to date in New York, can you blame them? "

Are you kidding me? Marbury has been Cash-Money-BLING for NY, we wouldnt be where we are without him. Imagine Frankie "Baby" trying to hold down the point for the season? Could have worked. But this has worked. Frank is not the star Marbury is. He didn't work in PHX, but he fits in the NYC >> we need a younger SG, and a PF. Houston is too risky...

Marbury has made us forget Eisley and Ward because they were so bad , but the jury is still out on Frank. Give him the chance that Marbury got before you say he can't run a team full time. Every pg in the league is not a scoring pg, some will evolve into one but not necessarly in the beginning.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/11/2004  5:33 PM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by Caseloads:

Marbury has made us forget Eisley and Ward because they were so bad , but the jury is still out on Frank. Give him the chance that Marbury got before you say he can't run a team full time. Every pg in the league is not a scoring pg, some will evolve into one but not necessarly in the beginning.
agree with you playa, but however good Frankie "baby" becomes or can be, he will never be "Starbury" - let me stop praising Marbury...
playa2

3/11/2004  5:41 PM
You are right case, they have ywo different games. What marbury brings Frank Doesn't. But what Frank does is penetrate and dish or score and that is what has been nulled everysince he got that bad hammy.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/12/2004  5:38 PM
while I think Frankie would have done fine as a PG... fact is we dumped Eisley/Ward/McDyess in the deal--- 3 guys who didn't have much of a future here (or arguably anywhere)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/12/2004  6:37 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by VDesai:

Chad has run out of notches.

Colangelo is getting rid of people who he has to play. Look at his baseball team; same thing. If he could, he would rid himself and the team of the Matrix. He signed Marb cause he had to - he is more tradeable that way. I wonder how they could say that Marbury wouldn't lead them anywhere when they were 1 basket from beating the Spurs. Wow.

Chad makes no sense.

exactly, ford sounds like a idiot, even colangelo knew that a player like marbury who at 26 when he signed the contract would be easy to trade, even with a max contract. That was a no brainer... Again ford has no credibility...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/12/2004  8:03 PM
Believe it or not, Marbury is still a project and that is why Zeke picked him and put Wilkens in to teach him. He has a lot to learn...he is the man but he still can improve a lot.

Ford is an idiot but he does make some sense...we should be winning more games with Steph at the point then we have so far. Maybe its all the change and the adjustments but we still should be winning more.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/12/2004  10:04 PM
Marbury has done nothing.
Our record is like the same as last year.
Ford got all the rights in the world to diss Marbury.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Rich
Member: #511
USA
3/12/2004  10:19 PM
The problem isn't Marbury. It is that there is no consistent secondary option on offense.

It's beginning to look like Sweetney is the 2nd best player on the team, but he can't get enough minutes.
playa2

3/12/2004  10:30 PM
He sell tickets shut up!
MX25
Member: #555
USA
3/13/2004  12:27 AM
Posted by technomaster:

while I think Frankie would have done fine as a PG... fact is we dumped Eisley/Ward/McDyess in the deal--- 3 guys who didn't have much of a future here (or arguably anywhere)

McDyess and Ward were both FA at end of year. So they would of been dumped anyway. Eisley could of been Back up. Williams starts. And you still have Sweetney,Lampe and Vujanic as young core guys. Plus a top 8 pick in 2004 draft. I didn't like Marbury deal one bit and only making playoffs and getting bounced in first round means nothing to me.
Rich
Member: #511
USA
3/13/2004  1:48 AM
Posted by MX25:
Posted by technomaster:

McDyess and Ward were both FA at end of year. So they would of been dumped anyway. Eisley could of been Back up. Williams starts. And you still have Sweetney,Lampe and Vujanic as young core guys. Plus a top 8 pick in 2004 draft. I didn't like Marbury deal one bit and only making playoffs and getting bounced in first round means nothing to me.

There is no reason to believe Vujanic was ever going to sign with the Knicks. Do you think it's any coincidence that he never told the Knicks that he was coming to the US, but now he tells Phoenix that he is coming? He's a wuss.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/13/2004  3:11 AM
Chad Ford fantasizes about foreign players. The guy hasn't had credibilty since Day 1, and other NBA reporters routinely rip this absolute IDIOT! THis is the same guy taht a few weeks ago said Darko was better than Carmelo RIGHT NOW! He just hates Americans and loves foreigners, and since the Knicks traded Lampe and Vujanic, his two boyfriends, he's been heartbroken. Give it up Chad, you are a clown.

Beyond that, Marbury's recent performance is his numbers have improved since he's gotten to NY (he averaged 20 and 8 in Phoenix, he averages 21 and 9 here).

His last 5 games:
recent performace:

3/3- 36 points, 10 assists
3/5- 35 points, 9 assists
3/7- 24 points, 13 assists, 5 steals
3/9- 14 points, 7 assists
3/12- 21 points, 9 assists

Yeah, given that recent awful production I can see how you'd want to trade him for a load of crap.

I'm writing a letter to ESPN.com demanding that this idiot get fired.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 03/13/2004 03:18:34]
#Knickstaps
Chad Ford Disses Marbury HARD

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy