[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Baker is Free to Sign
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/11/2004  5:24 PM
Yea Martin you can say he played pf with celtics because of the stiffs they had in battie and unproven Blount. My point is on the knicks he would spell nazr and sweets would spell KT.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/11/2004  5:31 PM
Posted by playa2:

Yea Martin you can say he played pf with celtics because of the stiffs they had in battie and unproven Blount. My point is on the knicks he would spell nazr and sweets would spell KT.

I think you sign Baker because of his low post PF play, not his backup center play. And if you sign Baker this year, you try to get him for the long term, which is at the PF position. If it's just for this year, stick with Deke as Nazr's backup.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
playa2

3/11/2004  5:45 PM
Deke is not backing up nobody if KT sweets and Baker play well huh?
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
3/11/2004  8:23 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Silverfuel:

How many people actually want to see him as a knick?

I do, but only if he has his non-basketball life in order. And he has to be on a short leash.

That's right Martin, Baker the Person...FIRST, Bball second.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
playa2

3/12/2004  7:15 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by playa2:

Martin can you read, Nazr is playing baker position and the dude fouls alot,I said take nazr minutes. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????

Baker plays center? No. Baker plays PF, Sweets' position.

Zekes says:He's a big-time player. We don't have anyone that can do the things that he does and those are the things we need."

With center Dikembe Mutombo currently injured and Mohammed still adjusting to his starting role, the 6-11 Baker would be an important backup option as the Knicks (29-36) prepare for their last 17 games. Baker, however, hasn't played a game since Jan. 18.

"There's health-club shape and there's NBA shape," Thomas said. "You find out when a guy gets here, when he's on the floor playing, what he can and can't do."

Neither Mohammed nor Kurt Thomas - the two Knicks who would face competition from Baker - voiced concern about the possibility of another power forward coming aboard. "It will give us another big man who has ability to play inside and out," Kurt Thomas said.
playa2

3/12/2004  8:07 AM
While all indications beforehand were that Baker favored signing with the Knicks, he wavered yesterday, according to sources, thinking Miami might be a better match. Both the Knicks and the Heat offered him the same contract, which is the veterans' minimum of $1.1 million prorated for the rest of the season.
"It is down to New York and Miami," said a spokeswoman for Baker's agent, Aaron Goodwin.

With the grievance on his old contract with the Celtics still pending, Baker was advised only to sign through the rest of this season. The spokeswoman said a decision could be made late last night or today.

When asked about Baker joining the Knicks, his potential future teammates didn't seem overly enthusiastic. Adding another new player could be another blow to the team's cohesion.

"It is going to take some time," said Stephon Marbury of Baker's ability to understand the Knicks' system. "It is not going to just happen."

IMHO he won't be coming to the knicks.

Baker is Free to Sign

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy