[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why NY will fall short.of playoffs
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/13/2004  11:27 AM
I also told you guys that we would lose our edge once the trading deadline was over, they were afraid of getting traded so they concentrated more. KVH was straight up ballin, but the lil baby Marbury wanted him out and ZEKE MADE THE TRADE ? Zeke in his own lil way made us exciting(selling tickets) but not that much better W-L record.

KT should have been the one traded away according to Zekes(I want more atheletic) players motto.

You never break up chemistry when guys are playing well and are learning how each other likes to play with playoffs around the corner.

what we should have done was acquired picks young prospects to build around sweetney lampe frank milos. Milos would have come to the knicks with Zeke as GM.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/13/2004  1:23 PM
Am I the only one who realizes the Knicks are still IN THE PLAYOFFS as of today? The Knicks lost ysterday in a disaster game where pretty much everything wnet wrong and Lenny forgot how to coach. They are in 8th place. Playa, schockingly, is once again wrong or just making stupid comments. What is with all this ITOLD YOU SO bs, as if we score points every time you make a correct comment. If this were the case, playa would be in the red pretty badly. Just becuase you said the Marbury trade was bad playa and then every time the Knicks lose you go I KNEW IT THIS IS THE WORST TRADE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD THE KNICKS ARE GOING TO LOSE THE REST OF THEIR GAMES HAHAHAHAHAAH I TOLD ALL YOU IDIOT ZEKE FOLLOWERS HAHAH BRING BACK LAYDEN makes you look like an absolute jackass.

"I also told you guys that we would lose our edge once the trading deadline was over, they were afraid of getting traded so they concentrated more. KVH was straight up ballin, but the lil baby Marbury wanted him out and ZEKE MADE THE TRADE ? Zeke in his own lil way made us exciting(selling tickets) but not that much better W-L record." The Knicks were selling tickets you fool. He said he made the trade for Nazr and has he disappointed? They were selling out once Marbury got here. Your acting as if Tim Thomas if Allen Iverson. Nobody. It gets better when you contradcit yourself later in your post.

"KT should have been the one traded away according to Zekes(I want more atheletic) players motto." So here you say the Knicks should get more athletic. They do, in the KVH trade, getting rid of Doleac and Van Horn, notorious for their non-athleticism, and then you say the trade was made for ticket sales. So let me get this traight. Isiah wanted to make the team more athletic. He trades for Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammed (who has averaged 8 points and 9 boards since the trade), and becuase he trades for better athletes, you rip him for trading KVH and claim its because he wants more ticketsales, EVEN THOUGH MSG was already selling out. In addiition to all of this, you say since KVH was "straight up balling" the Knicks shouldn't have made the trade, even though they had lost 2 straights going into the all star break. Keeping ALL OF THIS in mind, remember Milwaukee has won ONE TIME in the last FIVE GAME. KVH is really making a positive difference on them.

"You never break up chemistry when guys are playing well and are learning how each other likes to play with playoffs around the corner." The Knicks weren't playing well, they had lost 2 games in a row, and the playoffs weren't around the corner, the deal was in February with 2 months left in the season.

Probably the best thing I've ever read:
"what we should have done was acquired picks young prospects to build around sweetney lampe frank milos. Milos would have come to the knicks with Zeke as GM." Really playa? Really???? That's interesting. Have you talked to Milos on the phone lately about coming over to the Knicks since Zeke is GM? Oh, you haven't? Well then how do you know? Oh, you dont know. Fact of the matter is, Milos is a little bitch who refused to come to NY becuase he didnt want to fight for a starting job, he wanted one handed to him. He signed a two year contract in Real Madrid last summer, meaning if the Knicks were to sign him, they would have to use the MLE, meaning ALL chances of geting anybody with the MLE would've been gone. He can stay in Europe forever, I could care less, he's a bum.
#Knickstaps
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/13/2004  4:09 PM
Let me say right here and now, NY will make the playoffs this year AND they will win 50 games next year. I love EVERY ONE of the moves since IT has been hired, except for Wilkens. I like Wilkens, but I would have been happier waiting for Doc Rivers this summer. I think Malone could have coached the rest of the season. Chaney had to go, it was obvious!!!

Have you all forgotten that when this team was under gloom and doom management, Playa was the one thinking everything was fine. It has been since IT took over that he has gotten negative again (like when JVG was here). Does anyone here honestly think that today's roster is worse than the roster the day layden was fired? NO WAY! The team is much better and they need to time to gel. When they do watch out.

Do you remember this guy saying that Chaney needed a training camp to get "his system" in place? What Wilkens does not deserve the same? What about all 8 new players? Well, Wilkens has not had that yet and the players are still learning eachother, let alone the system. Look at LA, their big 4 hare 10-6 in games together. Why? it takes time to get talent together. LA has 16 games left to get their chemistry together for a title run. NY too, but thier 16 games are all playoff level games.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/13/2004  4:34 PM
If NY falls short of making playoffs its because our coaching direction is the weakest link......This has nothing to do with chemistry or a brand new team. But then again, what do you think you're getting with overnight decision selection.......
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
playa2

3/13/2004  4:40 PM
Listen here KVH is more athletic than KT, that is my comparison fool. Why do you guys try to defer from the fact that you all thought this team would be world beaters after the marbuy trade. I know we had dead weight on the team and some promising #1 picks and young players in Sweets, Frank. My point is Zeke took a chance and if it back fires (like now) give the same critisism that you gave laydumb when he picked up DICE. I WILL CALL IT AS I SEE IT, if you don't agree fine. Keep getting disgusted with a MENTALLY FRAILE TEAM THAT NEEDS TO STOP PRETENDING. Phiily had no right winning that game,Lenny Wilkens is coaching like Chaney and peeps are quiet.

[Edited by - playa2 on 03/13/2004 20:08:07]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/13/2004  4:50 PM
Yeah, KVH is more athletic than KT. The only offer Isiah had for KT was for Malik Rose. To get Thomas and Nazr you make the TEAM more athletic, even if you still have unathletic guys on the squad. That's the point I'm making.

I agree that we should criticize Deke for taking a chance and if it backfires to criticize it. But what is backfiring. The Knicks are in the playoffs and they've won 3 of their last 5. They'll make the playoffs.

I've agreed with you that Wilkens needs to coach better and they need to execute. No disagreement there.
#Knickstaps
playa2

3/14/2004  4:25 PM
You must convince me that we will make the playoffs.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/3/2004  12:31 AM
Knicks losing to teams above .500 is no problem, playoff spot is no pressure...that's why you see no consistency from game to game. Knicks should have enough drama to keep fans interested in one of worst regular season play produced in the East division
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/3/2004  11:08 AM
We will make the playoffs. Cleveland is 2 1/2 games behind us plus they really don't have an easy schedule the rest of the way. After the next 2 games they play at Memphis, then at Miami, then home to Miami, and then they play away against us. It might come down to the last game (thank God I have tickets for the game). But I don't think out schedule is hard enough for us to not make the playoffs. Thats the problem with this Knicks team. They are too inconsistent. One day we beat the Blazers then the next game on several days of rest we get blown away by a Nets team that was 1-6 prior to that game w/o Kidd and Martin. So it really depends on what Knicks team shows up for the rest of the schedule, hopefully it will be the good one.

[Edited by - s3231 on 04/03/2004 11:09:10]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Why NY will fall short.of playoffs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy