[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why NY will fall short.of playoffs
Author Thread
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
3/10/2004  9:48 PM
I believe Dolan's request is NY making the playoffs....and that's where it ends. .

We are led to believe in some kind of 3 year progressive plan on building for the future is when this team will capitalize with a miraculous burst to the promise land.......Keep on thinking !

First of all, as we build for the future so is EVERYBODY ELSE. How do think Cleveland will look in 3 years with Lebron going MVP, Boozer and Z-Man All-Stars. How about Miami's NY south [catchy!], Lamar & Skip. You add Carron Butler for extended improvement, vet leadership in Grant and Jones, you got 2 teams with chemistry second to none.

This is the year New York should catch everyone looking, especially when the East is this weak ! You talk about strategy and making a serious run with all the trades and management expertise Knicks have acquired in the past 3 months only to pull off first round elimination is a joke

If NY has reservations its because this team is not DRIVEN and lacks coaching conditioning and discipline to make any run count. Win streak is based on competition’s Injury report/DNPs, not the lack of talent. We still have the best schedule for March and I expect wins….and nothing less!
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
AUTOADVERT
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/10/2004  10:18 PM
damn playa, i always thought, one can only be so negative. but then i started reading playa's posts. nothing personal, but now i'm going to try and ignore playa's posts. will someone lock this topic.(martin)
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/10/2004  10:19 PM
This post is ludicrous! What genuine fan would say this? Unreal! If Chaney and Layden were still running this team, Playa, you would be doing handstands telling everyone how they are on the way up ready to make a run in the playoffs.

I admit they have had a bad stretch and it is possible they may miss the playoffs. That being said, I have more faith in this team for next year now than ever. This group together for a year will win 50 games next year. Write that down.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/10/2004  11:18 PM
Bobby the problem with your post is that you didn't address the other side of your questions..

you say everyone else will be getting better, then you mentioned cleveland with James and Boozer, well that is good but what about the rest of their team? they still don't have a legit PG, Big Z will be gone in 2 years, cleveland is trying hard to rid themselvles of his contract before he breaks his foot again, and the Heat? come on man, skiP? LOl at best he is a career backup PG, odom will put up nice numbers but so what. I do like dewayne Wade but as far as butler and Eddie jones go, they are scaring no one!!! I will take Marbury, TT, Nazr, Houston, a developing sweetney and Frank williams, I think the knicks are in as good a shape as any of the teams you mentioned. You guys knock NY but yet have mentioned teams that will be significantly better if better at all.. Ny is a place where people want to play again, I would not put it past zeke to land another prize player via trade and really round out this team...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/11/2004  12:14 AM
I agree with TKF, in 3 years the frontcourt of Sweetney and Nazr will be one of the better ones in the East. The Cavs will be good for the next 15 yeras, but we all knew that once the Cavs got LeBron in June.
#Knickstaps
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/11/2004  7:01 AM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

This post is ludicrous! What genuine fan would say this? Unreal! If Chaney and Layden were still running this team, Playa, you would be doing handstands telling everyone how they are on the way up ready to make a run in the playoffs.

I admit they have had a bad stretch and it is possible they may miss the playoffs. That being said, I have more faith in this team for next year now than ever. This group together for a year will win 50 games next year. Write that down.

GONY,Why when you post it has to include guys who are no longer here ? Talk about Zeke And Lenny, these are the guys on the freakin hot seat!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2

3/11/2004  7:16 AM
[quote]
Posted by tkf:

Bobby the problem with your post is that you didn't address the other side of your questions..

you say everyone else will be getting better, then you mentioned cleveland with James and Boozer, well that is good but what about the rest of their team? they still don't have a legit PG, Big Z will be gone in 2 years, cleveland is trying hard to rid themselvles of his contract before he breaks his foot again, and the Heat? come on man, skiP? LOl at best he is a career backup PG, odom will put up nice numbers but so what. I do like dewayne Wade but as far as butler and Eddie jones go, they are scaring no one!!! I will take Marbury, TT, Nazr, Houston, a developing sweetney and Frank williams, I think the knicks are in as good a shape as any of the teams you mentioned. You guys knock NY but yet have mentioned teams that will be significantly better if better at all.. Ny is a place where people want to play again, I would not put it past zeke to land another prize player via trade and really round out this team...
[/quote

Now after experiencing the hand of Zeke this yr making more moves than a pimp at a beauty contest, how can you be sure who's gonna be here next yr or 2yrs from now? See your point about team chemistry is thrown out the window you will never know who will be playing as long as zeke is here. Did't you know Zekes past record, dude last about 3 seasons ANYWHERE he goes before he gets ta stepping somewhere else. Check out his track record. All he did was bring back wonder boy (marbury)to sell tickest and make our knicks watchable. What was our record last yr compared to this yr after 63 games ? I refuse to get my feelings hurt knowing with all these moves, this team is only more exciting to watch which is a plus for fans and DoLANS pocketbook, but when it comes to the playoffs.....
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/11/2004  9:28 AM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

GONY,Why when you post it has to include guys who are no longer here ? Talk about Zeke And Lenny, these are the guys on the freakin hot seat!

HA HA HA...this from a guy who brings up JVG at every chance you get right? I brought up those losers to show how two faced you are! Why don't you just admit that you don't want NY to make the playoffs so you can tell everyone how right you were that IT was a mistake, wilkens was a mistake, the trade for Marbury was a mistake and the trade for TT and NAze for KVH was a mistake! Have I hit on a nerve here? The facts are you supported the old regime blind and now you are attacking this regime just so you can be right.

I will take my chances with this team. They are a good blend of vets, youth, athleticism and courage. They are well led by Wilkens and they will be fine. If they make the playoffs, I would not want to be the team playing them.

Once Baker is in camp this week, NY will have a lo post threat on top of it all.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/11/2004  9:52 AM
Playa,

Whats your point? Of course this team is all about the here and now. Its about the immeadiate buzz and selling tix.

And Isiah has done a good job. But give him a chance and don't indict him just on past record. He might screw up in different more creative ways, or learned from the past and improve on it.

Blame if any go's to Dolan and the Knick Philosophy, which has not changed in 27 years. But either accept it or look elsewhere for your jollys. Dolan prefers profits and hope than substancial quality of a team. In this day of free agents, its not easy to put a great team together, but not all that hard to stay in the playoffs and keep attendence up. Isiah is an instrument to do this, and the polar opposite of Laydog. We still don't know what Laydog was up to, but whats done is done.

While I prefer a long and deep painful rebuild, it ain't gonna happen here. Its dolan's dime, and he has choosen a differnt path, but one with some youth on it.

No need trying to convert or rain on everyones parade, either accept what you can't control and enjoy the team and the league. Being a fan has many faces, but a sad one is not enjoyable.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/11/2004  10:36 AM
playa again you are being foolish, are you going to compare this years
record with last years record, yet you fail to realize that layden and chaney were still in charge the first what, 20 games of the season? and that we didn't have this same team for the whole year.. stop with the stupidity player, and your point about not knowing who is going to be here 2 years from now is stupid, with zeke, at least I can rest assure that it won't be some fat, overpaid, over the hill, unathletic former layden lap dog.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2

3/11/2004  4:45 PM
Posted by tkf:

playa again you are being foolish, are you going to compare this years
record with last years record, yet you fail to realize that layden and chaney were still in charge the first what, 20 games of the season? and that we didn't have this same team for the whole year.. stop with the stupidity player, and your point about not knowing who is going to be here 2 years from now is stupid, with zeke, at least I can rest assure that it won't be some fat, overpaid, over the hill, unathletic former layden lap dog.....

My point is TKF we should have a better record than last yr by now with all these new players we have. Fact of the matter is you really don't know who's gonna be here next yr so stop talking like you do. If any can make their points without bringing up the old regime I will applaud you, yalking about guys who aren't here is a waste of space.
Bobby
USA
3/11/2004  8:13 PM
you say everyone else will be getting better, then you mentioned cleveland with James and Boozer, well that is good but what about the rest of their team? they still don't have a legit PG,

C'mon TK, what the heck is a legit PG? Just in case you forgot how some players really fit in some systems: "He's been invaluable," coach Paul Silas said of the point guard landed from the Blazers in exchange for forward Darius Miles. "I didn't know he was this good. I didn't know he could run the show like this. Our turnovers have gone down. He's been a nice piece."

I think the knicks are in as good a shape as any of the teams you mentioned. You guys knock NY but yet have mentioned teams that will be significantly better if better at all..

Don't confuse my example of TEAM CHEMISTRY Resulting in wins, which you're in denial about, compared to NY being in good shape making playoff spot. NY was going playoff regardless....NY still lacks coaching conditioning and discipline to make a real run.

I would not put it past zeke to land another prize player via trade and really round out this team...

Landing a prize player[Starbury] only to keep your fans pretending for next year's prize player is just the type of mediocrity this city can do without. Now is the time, tomorrow is just another excuse

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
MX25
Member: #555
USA
3/12/2004  3:43 PM
Couple things:

1. Zeke gave up way to much for Marbury

2. Nazr and TT are average players. Don't overrate them.

3. Knicks still don't play good enough Defense.

4. You don't sign a Medicore Jump shooting PF. To a 4 year 30 million deal and think "hey he's trade bait" Teams want guys with 1-2 year left on contract.

5. Teams will stop dealing with Zeke and his Attitude.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/12/2004  3:49 PM
What is Isiahs attitude that you speak of that other GMs have been complaining about?

If Zeke is giving up too much in his trades why wouldn't other GMs want to deal with him?

I think Zeke has a better idea of KT's value based on the number of requests he has or has not recieved that anyone else, and really his salary has not increased very much from what he is making now.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/12/2004  4:19 PM
Posted by MX25:

Couple things:

1. Zeke gave up way to much for Marbury
2. Nazr and TT are average players. Don't overrate them.
3. Knicks still don't play good enough Defense.
4. You don't sign a Medicore Jump shooting PF. To a 4 year 30 million deal and think "hey he's trade bait" Teams want guys with 1-2 year left on contract.
5. Teams will stop dealing with Zeke and his Attitude.

Is this David Faulk posting?

1. I'd like to know the break point for this trade. Which piece pushed it to the brink for you? I'd give a lot up for an all-star PG, and most other GMs aroud the league area with that thinking.
2. What's your point?
3. Agreed, but that's a team chemistry thing. It'll tighten up soon enough, and if not this year then next year certainly.
4. Teams want guys who can play and trade for players who fill a role. Dallas would LOVE a guy like Kurt. Good low post defender, can hit the 15 footer consistently.
5. Puff, puff PASS man.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
3/12/2004  4:30 PM
That's right Martin, keep that head up!

I see the naysayers and the boo-hooers haven't stopped whining since I've been gone... LOL

To hell with all of thta drama, we are going to the playoffs!

GO KNICKS!!!
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2

3/12/2004  4:58 PM
Core let the last week in a half speak for themselves, we have to step up to another level before you and your band on "MERRY MEN" get all giddy.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/12/2004  10:35 PM
Playa gotta hand it to you. As much as I hate it, but you were right, this team does suck. At least somebody is happy I guess.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
playa2

3/12/2004  10:50 PM
Mods need to fess up, hardcore needs to fess up, tkf, gony need to fess up, all you who hate playa need to fess up. Simmy is the only one who debated me and fessed up. Marbury is good but not for this team , Lenny was good but like Vince Carter said... the game done past him by.I said Nazr can't handle pressure playing for knicks, He's use to losing in ATL. I told you KT GOT PAID SO HE WON'T PLAY HARD ANYMORE.
Bobby
USA
3/12/2004  11:29 PM
Another wasted game. Playoff run looking real nice.
Why NY will fall short.of playoffs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy