[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why NY will fall short.of playoffs
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/10/2004  8:08 AM
This team doesn't have big game experience at key positions. Center Nazr is used to losing in ATL won't handle pressure, COACH,Lenny is learning like Chaney, players don't follow the plan when you have a docile personality. TT is good but never had to be the man, Sweets will get numbers but is not used to pressure . Marbury is not used to being a guy who can't do what he wants(see phoenix) he should defer to Houston or break down to dish at crunch time.

Penny is bad to watch what makes it worst Anderson and him are the same. Kt won't be motivated anymore he got his money. Houston is the only guy who has big game experience who sees the urgency but he needs help from a smarter steph.

My wish is that NY will be more concerned about defense than who gets shots at the end of the games. Philly Boston and Cleveland and Miami has the right mixture of youth and experience TO GET THE LAST SPOTS, NY has too many adjustments to make to be cool in the clutch down the stretch.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/10/2004  8:28 AM
Just keep drinking that HATERade Playa...why do you even bother anymore? You haven't said anything good about this team since Chaney and Layden got fired.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
3/10/2004  8:37 AM
Posted by playa2:

This team doesn't have big game experience at key positions. Center Nazr is used to losing in ATL won't handle pressure, COACH,Lenny is learning like Chaney, players don't follow the plan when you have a docile personality. TT is good but never had to be the man, Sweets will get numbers but is not used to pressure . Marbury is not used to being a guy who can't do what he wants(see phoenix) he should defer to Houston or break down to dish at crunch time.

are you going to bring up this thread everytime the knicks lose? calm down. we are 3-1 in the month of march so far. boston just edeged us out. our schedule is still favorable. we are not going undefeated for the rest of the season but we should make the playoffs. we are still in the hunt and we do have experience. naz did handle the pressure in philly when he helped the team into the playoffs twice. tt does not have to be "the man" pn our team but just a third and fourth option which i think he is adlusting to qiute nicely. he has impressive playoff stats and he is used to the "grind" for the past three years. we are still in a weak race and we should finish. we can't press the panic button. lets see where we are a month from now instead of saying we are deaqd in the water.

Penny is bad to watch what makes it worst Anderson and him are the same. Kt won't be motivated anymore he got his money. Houston is the only guy who has big game experience who sees the urgency but he needs help from a smarter steph.

My wish is that NY will be more concerned about defense than who gets shots at the end of the games. Philly Boston and Cleveland and Miami has the right mixture of youth and experience TO GET THE LAST SPOTS, NY has too many adjustments to make to be cool in the clutch down the stretch.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/10/2004  8:39 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

Just keep drinking that HATERade Playa...why do you even bother anymore? You haven't said anything good about this team since Chaney and Layden got fired.

true, but Playas post is somewhat true. One game doesn't make or break the playoff hopes, but the guys as sure making it tight.

Here are the teams that are fighting for the last 3 spots: Boston, NY, Miami, Toronto, Clevland, PHL. Just by quick glance BOS, TOR, and Philly have the toughest schedules ahead, the rest are similar. THe Knicks have to pick it up.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knixnprix
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #548
USA
3/10/2004  9:00 AM
Nah broham, this team definately has the stuff to make the play-offs.(which was the main goal of the team all along) I definately think this team will make the play-offs(anything else should be unthinkable).
If you talk about this team going up against teamslike Nj or Detroit in the play-offs, it will be tough because the other team has home court advantage and most of all, they have good team chemistry and pretty good coaches.
This New York team still has enough talent to beat any team in the east but it's the lack of chemistry that will hurt.(not the lack of experience) Marbury has to learn to show-up every game with everything that he brings to the table, not like the game against boston yesterday, like the Miami game or the Utah(you get the point)

If he's really a superstar, he needs to know that he's doesn't need a three pointer in a game where he needs 2 to tie at the end of regulation, take it to ot and win it in front of the home crowd. (don't care what play lenny called, he had enough time to take the ball in, and get a better opportunity, I know he's good enough to do that) It's all just a part of him maturing as a nba superstar, i expect better from him in years to come.
For this year, Marbury and Houston gotta be on the same page every night for this team to go some where. I think Tim Thomas is a good compliment to marb bacause his lack of want to be "the man" from time to time should allow marb "the superstar" and an experienced guy like houston to bring this team to the promised land with tim being a pretty good side-kick to them. This team is really starting to look like a well built team for the future as Isiah keeps making moves to improve it even more for next season. Naz and kurt or even penny are not great but they are good role players, as long as they know their role, they should be fine.(they are pros)
This team needs maturity as a team, lets not look at the past and say what it can't accomplish, let's look at what it can accomplish if it does become a "real team".
FRANK WILLIAMS should be an allstar. The BEST knick this season!
playa2

3/10/2004  9:56 AM
OK I'm SORRY , what this team can accomplish since Zeke took over is exciting games down to the wire. More ATHLETIC finishes around the hoop, and young talent(sweets+FW) GETTING PLAYING TIME. Pg who can breakdown the united states goverment spending. In all reality i'm a knick fan who won't be let down in the end because what I expect(not want) is a meltdown down the stretch. Talent , with too many changes to be comfortable against team who have set rosters that are healthy.Oasis this isn't haterade, this is Reality look at my gamepicker stats (couldn't play for 6 games too),I call it as i see it.

Why DO YOU THINK HARDCORE IS JUST LURKING AROUND WITHOUT POSTING. TRUTH SYRUM WILL BRING ALLERGIC REACTION TO MOST HERE

[Edited by - playa2 on 03/10/2004 09:59:55]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
martin
USA
3/10/2004  9:59 AM
The team may have taken a half step backwards for THIS season, but it took about 3 steps forward over the next 2 (at least).
playa2

3/10/2004  10:01 AM
Posted by martin:

The team may have taken a half step backwards for THIS season, but it took about 3 steps forward over the next 2 (at least).

No way don't come with garbage excuse, we gave awat high picks to make playoffs "THIS YR"
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/10/2004  10:15 AM
"This team doesn't have big game experience at key positions. Center Nazr is used to losing in ATL won't handle pressure"

Camby was used to losing in Toronto.
martin
USA
3/10/2004  10:19 AM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by martin:

No way don't come with garbage excuse, we gave awat high picks to make playoffs "THIS YR"

I am talking about getting Steph; getting a new coach; getting a new GM; ridding the team of Spoon, Eisley, Ward; signing DerMarr; giving minutes to Sweets; signing Kurt to use as trade bait; trading for Nazr.

If you think that we gave away 1 high draft pick - not high picks as you suggest - to reach the playoffs "THIS YR" then you a severly short-sighted. Nazr was picked up for years to come, same with Steph.

I don't come with garbage, I come with facts. Feel free to respond without garbage yourself.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
3/10/2004  10:21 AM
C'mon playa, surely there must be someway to blame this on Van Gundy!

I still think we will make the playoffs. We definietly have the talent (at least in the pathetic East). And I think we have been improving and will continue since the TT trade. Besides we were out the playoff picture before and then climbed in, doesn't that show for anything?
jazz74
Member: #371
3/10/2004  11:06 AM
for some reason my post did not go through this morning. maybe i said something that ticked people off. anyway, it is far too early to say we will fall short. it is only one loss. true, martin, we are keeping it tight. but out of the other teams ( tor, philly, boston, miami and cleveland) i think we have the best lineup who will get it done ( save maybe the cavaliers). our only problem is chemistry. we are starting to jell now. by april with our schedule we should make a legit run. true, other teams are surging like cleveland, miami and boston. but we play all of them at least one more time. we have to circle them on the calender and make them statement games. remember, marbury and houston have only been healthy and together for just a week. once hoston and marbury are comfortable with each other, you will bear witness to one of the best backcourt duo in the east. that will make us more dangerous than any of those teams in the east.
Stevo718
Member: #559
3/10/2004  11:27 AM
Playa do you just do this all the time to have the most POSTS of anyone here or do you just have too much time on your hands?

I have to disagree with you on EVERYTHING you said.

Lenny is learning like Chaney, players don't follow the plan when you have a docile personality

Yeah but Lenny is a lot more respected then Chaney and he isn't a house **** like Chaney was.

Sweets will get numbers but is not used to pressure

Just playing for the Knicks you have to learn to deal with pressure and I think Sweets will come through in the playoffs. Look at him play, he looks like a confident guy.

Marbury is not used to being a guy who can't do what he wants(see phoenix) he should defer to Houston or break down to dish at crunch time.

I think Knicks Marbury is already a different player from Phoenix Marbury and he will only mature more as the season progresses. Come playoffs he will do what is RIGHT for the TEAM.

Penny is bad to watch what makes it worst Anderson and him are the same.

No they aren't. I'll take Penny over Anderson ANY day of the week.

Kt won't be motivated anymore he got his money.

After all this time you think Kurt is like that? Kurt will always be Kurt, he plays like he plays, reguardless of how much he makes.

My wish is that NY will be more concerned about defense

Finally something I do agree with you here. Every championship team has been able to get those critical stops here and there at key moments as well as being able to score.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
3/10/2004  11:47 AM
Not to worry fellas...
As soon as we make the playoffs Playa will start a new thread about a first round exodus. He'll blame it on Isiah and talk about how we suck cause we are in the middle of mediocrity without giving anyone credit for where we are and without acknowledging that this is only the start of staff transition that will make us real contenders.
Anyway... Enjoy the loss Playa...
Knicks will shut you up by season's end.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/10/2004  11:50 AM
the problem with playa posts is that they are ignorant, lopsided against the knicks and full of BS, just like playa.. He points out that the knicks don't have experience at key positions yet he fails to highlight the fact that the teams we are fighting with are in no better situation. The bucks, sixers, cavs, celts, pistons, etc.... what big game situations did these teams have? and where have they succeeded?

Houston and KT both played in the finals, Marbury almost singlehandely beat the champion spurs, and both penny and Anderson played in NBA finals.... Again just a foolish post by playa....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2

3/10/2004  12:32 PM
Posted by tkf:

the problem with playa posts is that they are ignorant, lopsided against the knicks and full of BS, just like playa.. He points out that the knicks don't have experience at key positions yet he fails to highlight the fact that the teams we are fighting with are in no better situation. The bucks, sixers, cavs, celts, pistons, etc.... what big game situations did these teams have? and where have they succeeded?

Houston and KT both played in the finals, Marbury almost singlehandely beat the champion spurs, and both penny and Anderson played in NBA finals.... Again just a foolish post by playa....

TKF don't make this personal, The last time Penny made a differnce he had a doll made after him. Shandon Anderson was good in utah under Sloan's system, (Matt hapring was a all-star) in sloans system. Kt is not clutch ,Houston is. Celtics and Cav are giving us the business in stretch run, Detroit (now with sheed) will be most dominate team in east come playoff. Philly is playing with 2 rookies(green- korver) with out their "SUPERSTAR" AI and still beat teams like Minny and Sactown. Stop being foolish TKF The standings don't lie. They show a new trend with teams making a push, can you honestly say we are playing with an urgency(without being bias) ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/10/2004  1:05 PM
playa this is not personal but it just shows your foolishness. first of all Anderson is your boy scott laydens pet. Penny has been good off the bench, I mean what are you expecting penny of 1995? that is not happenning... But he is productive. Meanwhile, philly can't get out of their own way, and don't bring me this AI is injured crap, he is always injured, that is part of his game... And to even bring up philly who is hobbling is a Joke. Why should I look at the standings from your eyes, which by the way is tainted, it is not like we are being challened for spots by the lakers, kings and Mavs. If you are that positive about the cavs, philly and boston beating out the knicks for a spot, then give IM me, I will give you my lawyers address and we can put some money in escrow and have a bet. I bet the knicks make the playoffs with the 6th spot. I am putting my money where my mouth is, now if you feel this strong(which I feel you are just posting Bull S***!!) then IM me.... Put your money on the cavs, celts and sixers and see where that leads you homie!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/10/2004  1:27 PM
stupid post... KT, Mutumbo, Houston, Shandon and Penny have all been to the NBA finals. TT and Marbury we in the playoffs last year. Please post something with rhyme or reason. Phi, Bos, Tor, Cle, Mia and NY are all fighting for 3 spots. Please tell me which of these teams has more "big game" experience.

I dont care if you want to dog the Knicks but at least come up with something with an ounce of fact behind it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/10/2004  1:48 PM
"hey show a new trend with teams making a push, can you honestly say we are playing with an urgency"-Playa

How about this? In their last 4 games, they have 3 wins and 1 loss.

IT IS ONE LOSS! Playa, you really amaze me (and everyone else on this board). They played poorly, managed to keep it close, and Marbury missed the GAME winner by inches. Now you're saying they'll be lotto-bound for the next decade. It's not the apocalypse, it's just a tough loss. Paul Pierce's shot goes in 1 out of every 100 times, unforutantly that one time was last night. One of the best player's in the NBA beat the Knicks on Tuesday. You take the bad with the good, oh well, they'll have to move on.

@Philly on Friday. If they lose there you can start panicking, until then, please stop with these crazy posts.
#Knickstaps
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/10/2004  1:50 PM
Those are reasons even though not all of them are true that the Knicks could miss the playoffs. But to say those are the reasons they WILL miss playoffs is silly. All u did was try to point out every negetive though some of them are false. Anyone can easy make a post stating every positive on how the Knicks will make the playoffs and get past the first rd. And if u combine all the negatives & postitives I think NY ends up making the playoffs by seasons end.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Why NY will fall short.of playoffs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy